I Want a Horse

I Love Horses, He Owns Horses.

“I like horses…I want a horse mommy…” blurted the 9 year old named Donghae, to his mother who was busy washing dishes. In response to his sudden accusation, she gave this that, ‘and what do you expect me to do about that’ look.

           

            “Honey, horses are an unconventional pet to own, unless you’re a farmer of sorts, but we aren’t farmers now are we? Put that thought in the back of your mind and think about a more sensible pet, and maybe I’ll think about it, okay?” Much to the mothers chagrin, the boy disagreed, many times, and was close to throwing a hissy fit.

             When Donghae saw his mother’s look of disdain towards his behavior, he quickly withdrew his fit of rage and went into ‘innocent Donghae’ mode, complete with puppy-dog eyes and the swivel of the body with his hands intertwined behind his back. He looked down at his feet, pretended to kick an imaginary object, looked back up at her again only to see her working on the dishes again. He realized he wasn’t going to get her to budge. Before he could throw another childish fit, he rushed outside to get his bike and pedal off into the distance that was the local farm housing horses…For sale, of all things.

           

            When he reached his destination, he noticed a family of four signing papers. Perhaps they were buying a horse because the child’s parents were more agreeable than his own widowed mother. He continued torturing himself as he watched the family greet their newly bought pony, possibly 2 years of age. It was a brown, spotted with black soon-to-be a graceful stallion, with a silky white mane to complete the package. Such a sight, the boy thought.

           

            “I see you like horses. That’s our finest one, pure-bred, great runner. A beauty isn’t she?” Donghae fell of his bike, startled by the booming voice. As he recovered from his sudden fall, he caught a glimpse of a boy, looking about Donghae’s age.

           

            “Oh my, I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to frighten you. The name’s Kyuhyun by the way. And you?”

           

            “Lee Donghae. You speak with such formal language…What school do you go to that teaches such high level vocabulary?”

           

            “I’m homeschooled. My parents own a private university and I’m taught by my older sister who’s attending that school as of now.”

           

            “Hm, I see. Could you teach me some of that? I’m in need of new ways to bypass my mother’s barrier of ‘you don’t get anything Donghae.’

 

            “Haha, I don’t know if I could get my sister to teach you, but I can have my parents send over one of the universities language professors. Is that okay?”

 

            “That would good!”

 

            “Umm, you meant “that would be fine.” Yep, you definitely need help haha!”

 

            Donghae lightly punched Kyuhyun’s arm, causing Kyuhyun to laugh in reaction.

           

            “So, about those horses, you want to see our stable?” Kyuhyun inquired. Donghae’s eyes lit up like nighttime stars in the open sky. Kyuhyun could tell that was a yes. The two walked off over to Kyuhyun’s farm, horses becoming the first brick of their wall of friendship.

 

 

A/N: So, I hope you liked this oneshot. I have many more in progress, like KyuTeuk and friendship!KyuBum. :D