bonus

Jersey #37

A year has passed and Dahyun has indeed took over Mina's place as the team captain. She also became a hot topic when it comes to school sports because of her unusual short height and volleyball skill. Ofcourse, being a tall volleyball player is a stereotype, that's why everybody was amazed with how good Dahyun is at playing despite her height.

 

She doesn't feel offended about it, though. She figured that it would be a waste of time to overthink about the unexpected popularity that she got just because of her height. She just used it as her own motivation, and almost everybody has been looking up to her (not literally).

 

Dahyun has been training so hard especially right after their seniors graduated. She has become an amazing player, just like what the past team captain said about her. That compliment never left her mind.

 

Now, it's time for the yearly women's volleyball tournament between different universities, and JYP University will be playing against SM University and other schools again. Until now, SM University is still a big competitor because they keep on recruiting tall students to join the volleyball team, probably thinking that having tall players will be a huge advantage-which is obviously not true all the time.

 

Dahyun looked around the crowded gym filled with students from different schools including their own. She let out a small smile while thinking to herself, she just couldn't believe that she would actually take part on this event. It was literally just last year when she was sitting on the bleachers, watching the match with Chaeyoung. But now, everything has changed. She has became the team captain and even one of the top volleyball players.

 

Their team huddled up together right before the game begins to do their usual routine.

 

"We got this" Dahyun encouraged her teammates, who agreed confidently in response. "You don't have to push yourself too hard. Just do your best, and that's enough" she added, the rest of the girls smiled.

 

The girls put one of their hands on the middle of the group circle and shouted "Fighting!" before putting their hands up in the air. And right after that, a whistle was blown-indicating the beginning of the game.

 

As usual, the battle between JYP and SM University was intense. The girls of JYP University took their strength to the next level and ignored the fact that they're against people taller than them. With Dahyun and the rest of the team's encouragement, none of them felt pressured nor nervous.

 

It was a tight game, and the score is nearing a match point which was lead by the girls of JYP University.

 

Dahyun positioned herself by the net, ready to catch the ball and throw it in the air. "Tzuyu!" she shouted, and Tzuyu charged towards the net to give the ball a hard spike.

 

The whole gym went crazy with the two girl's team work. Dahyun and Tzuyu has become the hottest volleyball duo with their strength and cooperation. Dahyun never fails to set the ball perfectly for Tzuyu to spike. Everybody gets amazed everytime this duo makes their attack, especially when they do it by surprise.

 

With that powerful spike, the team scored a match point-which only means that they need to score one more to finish the game.

 

Feeling pressured and all, the opposing team called for a time out.

 

The girls of JYP University went over to the bench area to have a quick water and towel break. 

 

"You guys are amazing" Ryujin, one of their players, said to the duo who just smiled shyly with the compliment.

 

The team gathered closer to their coach for a quick pep talk, but Dahyun's attention was grabbed by one of their teammates. 

 

"Dahyun unnie, someone's looking for you" Chaeryeong said after tapping Dahyun's shoulder. She pointed over the side of the court and was surprised with what she saw.

 

Dahyun immediately ran towards that direction with a huge smile painted on her face. "You came!" she said excitedly.

 

Mina showed her usual bright smile to the younger girl who was trying to catch her breath. "Of course, wouldn't miss this for anything" she said, her smile not leaving her face.

 

Mina attempted to give the smaller girl a hug, but was rejected in an instant. "No, I smell bad and I'm all sweaty" she claimed, the latter just rolled her eyes.

 

"Stop acting as if we never hugged while we're both sweaty before" Mina said, Dahyun blushed secretly. "Come here, you" she said, pulling the new team captain into a hug.

 

"You said you couldn't come" Dahyun whispered against Mina's soft neck, making the latter feel a little tickled by Dahyun's warm breath.

 

"I said that so I can surprise you" she said before the two let go of the sticky hug.

 

"How long have you been watching?" Dahyun asked, her eyes not leaving Mina's diamond-like ones.

 

Mina did a playful thinking gesture. "Not that long tho. But I was able to see you and Tzuyu's infamous attack" she claimed, Dahyun's smile became bigger. "I'm so proud of you, Dahyunnie" she said, making Dahyun blush again for the millionth time.

 

"All thanks to you, my captain" she joked.

 

Mina let out a soft chuckle before intertwining her fingers with Dahyun's. "I already retired from that title" she said.

 

Dahyun's thumb brushed against the top of Mina's soft and silky hand. "Well, you'll always be my captain" she said subtly.

 

Mina gave Dahyun's hand a quick squeeze before answering. "Get you and your cheesy back to the court and win this game, alright?" she said before kissing the smaller girl's cheek that was sticky from all the sweat.

 

"Roger that!" Dahyun answered playfully before letting go of her girlfriend's hand. She ran towards her teammates while making a playful salute to Mina. And because of their sweet moment, she received countless of teasing from her teammates.

 

The referee called the timeout off and started to proceed with the game.

 

It was Dahyun's turn to serve, but before sending the ball in the air, she looked back to where Mina was sitting, pointed over to her and gave her a flirty wink. The latter gave a flying kiss in response, which was noticed by some students in the crowd that made them scream in excitement.

 

And with that, Dahyun did her powerful serve that the opposing team failed to receive, instantly ending the game.

 

The whole gym got loud again as they celebrate the team's victory. Dahyun congratulated her team and accepted their coach's compliment before going back to where her girlfriend was seated.

 

"Ended that again with a banger" Mina said when Dahyun got closer to her.

 

With a sweet smile, Dahyun offered her hand over to her girlfriend. "Ice cream?" she said. The latter did not accept the offer instantly, she just stared at the hand hovering right infront of her with a confused look on her face.

 

"Aren't you supposed to receive the award?" she asked, Dahyun shook her head.

 

"Screw that, let's go get ice cream" she said, groaning as she moved her hand from left to right. "Come on, my arm is getting tired".

 

Mina laughed at the younger girl's silliness, and finally grabbed the hand with her own. "Okay, captain".