fin.

the way you ...

it is just an ordinary day in work for taeyeon when she hears her phone emits an unusual sound; apparently it's just a facebook notification. why unusual? because the woman rarely uses the application. and when we say "rarely", it meant twice a year, depending if she needed to or not. the busy brunette annoyingly checked the said device if it's even worth her precious attention.

THE LONG-AWAITED REUNION IS COMING TO TOWN! Save the date batchmates! See you all there ;)

taeyeon who ain't a fan of such, just closes the app and continues doing her report. not even after a minute, the device lights up once again indicating there's a message waiting to be read. "for pete's sake why is everyone being a pain in the ," taeyeon groaned whilst reading the message.

sunny: yall guys there's a reunion! 

yuri: it's not like we didn't see the post soonkyu -_-

sunny: yah don't call be that! cmon let's join. i hate to admit this but i miss you guys.

yuri: wow the audacity to use us when you just want to see hyomin again 

taeyeon: hahaha burnt

sunny: taeyeon!! don't even try i know you also want to see ******

taeyeon: what r u talkin about

yuri: hehehe tae let's go join, maybe this is your chance ;)

taeyeon: god u guys are impossible

sunny: you'll love us for this hihi

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

taeyeon couldn't believe she's standing outside the gate of the reunion's venue. long story short, she couldn't resist her friends' persuation and them guilt tripping her. and well admitedly, she also misses them dearly. the venue is in a luxurious hotel in the city which is understandable since almost all of the attendees are at least employed. though the trio didn't have to book a hotel suit since they won't be staying for long anyway.

at the entrance, there's a list of atendees depending on who signed up on the announcement post last week. "is there a lee sunny, kim taeyeon and kwon yuri there?" sunny leads the squad while asking the guard. after some checking, he also guides the trio on their designated seats. "wow i didn't know a lot of us will attend!" yuri exclaimed while looking for her past classmates. "i know right. tae, why don't you order for drinks, the comfort room's calling me." said sunny as she immediately looks for the cr.

taeyeon chuckled at her friend's antics. she stands up and goes to the bartender to order for the group's drinks. "uhm three glass of whiskey sour please. thank you." taeyeon tapping her fingers, waiting for it be served. "oh that's a strong one ms. kim."

"jesus christ who the hell --" taeyeon swears she almost fell out of her stool both from the shock because of the sudden voice who managed to disturb her peaceful waiting and also because of the intruder herself. "j-jessica ...." taeyeon almost whispers.

jessica; her former classmate, one of the famous students in their batch, a pretty and smart one at that. let's say the brunette had a "tiny" crush for the blonde before tho they were not really close. "hello to you too, taeyeon. didn't actually expect you to be here especially, ordering some drinks. what happened to the innocent taeyeon in highschool?" jessica giggles and kids the woman infront of her. "hehehe people learn new things i guess hehe" taeyeon said nervously she just wants to get pass the bartender station and finish the drinks as soon as possible. the blonde nods and does order her drink too.

"are you with your usual group? sunny and yuri?"

"ah yes we're at that table. what about you? still the same group right?" the girl waiting for her drinks pointed where they're staying.

"yup. the usual." jessica smiles staring at the person infront of her. taeyeon who is much aware of the gaze just plays with the hem of her blouse. luckily, her drinks came into sight and pays the bartender for it.

"tell sunny and yuri i said hi btw. it's been a while. see you when i see you later." jessica waves showing her most genuine smile.

"will do. please do the same for me with your friends. nice seeing you again jessica." taeyeon shows her lopsided smile and heaves a large exhale not knowing where it came from.

"what took you so long?" sunny asked impatiently. "more like WHO took you so long." yuri smirked. "shut up kwon. the bartender's slow as a turtle." taeyeon defends herself as she sits beside sunny. in her peripheral vision, she saw jessica go at a long table just across theirs.

"btw gossip alert omg did you know that seohyun and kyuhyun end up together? i just saw them at the entrance earlier. damn they were literally cat and dog before." sunny tattles drinking her whiskey sour for the second time.

"expect the unexpected sunny. anything can happen. those people we never thought could get together may actually be together now. who knows what's in store for us." yuri chugged her drink in one go. taeyeon on the other side of planet are both listening to her friends' philosophical conversation while peeking at the blonde's table from time to time. 

they spent an hour catching up, talking with some casual friends who happened to visit their table and reminiscing their memories. it was a fun night at least because the ladies couldn't even count how many glass they've been chugging for the past hours. the three went to their own businesses with their other friends; yuri chatting with yoona at the bartender station and sunny catching up with hyomin after years. taeyeon is just being taeyeon. knowing her alcohol tolerance, she didn't move on seat and just let the liquor enter her system. she once again takes a peek at jessica's table and surprisingly, the latter is also looking at her. they both smiled at each other as a sign of recognition.

taeyeon couldn't take it any longer. she straight away sprints to the toilet without informing her friends because she feels like all the food she ate are about to explode. she tries but nothing comes out. not until a woman helps by her side that she pukes all of those disgusting creatures on the dress of the said woman named ...... jessica. 

 

"o-mmy-gewrd i'm sho-rry i'm s-ho sorry. i'm gawrna washeu it for you hik." taeyeon babbles wastedly splashing waters on jessica's dress.

"no it's okay i'm just gonna wash in my room upstairs are you okay tho?" albeit the inconvenience caused, jessica asked concernedly.

"i -m co-coming wi-with you hehi pleashhh." the drunkard pouts showing her clasped hands like a person praying and wishing for something. the blonde just commits while laughing inside.

jessica clicks the door of the door she booked in the hotel while carrying an intoxicated taeyeon. before she changes and washes her dress, she puts taeyeon on the bed first. few minutes after, she looks for taeyeon's phone to contact her whereabout to her friends but to no avail, the woman's phone is nowhere to be found. she doesn't have the energy to go back downstairs anyway and just decided to let taeyeon stay for the night. before she goes to her own bed, taeyeon suddenlt takes her wrist and looks at her with squinting eyes,

"ohh jeshika. you're still as beautifurr as everrr hik." pinching the blonde's cheeks. "did ya know? i had a crush on you before hehehehk. just this little hehehihi." taeyeon does a gesture of her hand like pinching something then goes back to sleep.

jessica just stares at her for a minute before shaking her head smiling. "still the same interesting girl i once knew."

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

the sun shines brightly on her throbbing head which taeyeon knows is a disaster. "oww ouch. wtf did i get myself into." the surprise on her face widens as she realized she's in an unfamiliar room. being a fan of fictions, she looks at her body if she lacks any clothing stuff when she hears,

"don't worry. i'm not that kind of person. come on, breakfast is ready." the blonde sniggers as she led her visitor to a mini dining area. taeyeon goes outside seemingly trying to hide herself behind her bed hair.

jessica laughs at her antics, "hey what are you ashamed of? it's not like you've never done anything worse last night."

"omygod what did i do? did i say something wrong? did i do something unacceptable? jesus if anything, i'm sorry. really sorry. i --"

"can we eat and shower first before we bring back some "wild" memories last night?" the girl at the other end smirks.

fortunately, the brunette survives the breakfast whilst having a small talk with her longtime crush. they both wash up before deciding having a talk of what transpires last night. "so ........ what really happened?" taeyeon asked hesitantly.

"don't you really remember anything?"

"i swear i don't remember anything drastic that i've done except that i puked on you. i'm sorry jessica. i'll make it up to you. i'll buy something new of the same brand just tell what --" taeyeon was cut off by jessica laughing her off.

"no no not that. it is something you SAID, to give you a clue."

the clueless woman looks up to the ceiling trying to remember anything when, "Omygod!! d-did i just say t-that? no no wtf oh god jessica i am really sorry. i was drunk i don't know what i was blabbering." taeyeon swears she just wants for the ground to eat her alive. the room was filled with jessica's laughter with matching clapping of hands.

once she calmed down, "hey it's okay. not to boast, but i get that a lot. but i'm honestly curious, why? of all people, me?" 

"the crush thing? n-no it's n-nothing, it was just a casual admiration you know, i had boy crushes then girl crushes something like that hehe." taeyeon explains nervously chugging her glass of water in one go.

"okay then if it's nothing, may i know what you ADMIRED about me. maybe i deserve to know." the blonde didn't stop demanding the person infront of her.

the latter just gave up on the blonde and, "honestly, it's not about how popular you are or how pretty you are. w-well your charm kinda counts but i started to appreciate you when we were classmates and your assigned seat is behind me. i know we were not close and not talking that much but here it goes." taeyeon plays the hem of shirt before she starts. "i like how corny your jokes were when you were telling it to kibum that was sitting two rows infront of us. you may not notice this yourself but i like how considerate you are with other people's feelings. i like how you take things maturely. most people may know you as that pretty gal who is included in a group known by most of our batchmates, but i know you're more than that. you were quiet most of time but can be really witty in her own way. i like how calm you look and invested you are whenever you read books at the corner of the room and i sometimes wonder, what could possibly be playing in your head whenever you do such thing? i also like the way you --" taeyeon's smiling unknowingly to herself while replaying all the memories but suddenly stopped when she realized what she's doing. unbeknownst to her, jessica's watching her lovingly while story telling.

"i-i'm sorry i think i n-need to go." taeyeon's in rush finding her belongings before going to the doorstep. "thank you for accomodating me jessica. and really, i apologize for the inconvenience caused. i'll make it up to you, maybe a treat once you're not busy. just inform me."

"is that a date?" the blonde teased. "w-what?" taeyeon absentmindedly blurt.

"just kidding. yeah sure. may i get your number then?"

"uhm for what? don't we have these messanging apps?" a confused brunette said.

"yes but i might not be using that tho." jessica leaned into taeyeon's ears and said, "because maybe this is not a one time thing and might contact you more often ms. kim." jessica teases and smirks waving goodbye to her visitor.

taeyeon waves back just blinking for 2 straight minutes. "fck i think i need more coffee."

 

fin.