Final

Best Part

“Honey, I’m home!” You shout as you entered your home, taking off your shoes and hanging your blazer on the coat rack conveniently placed near the door. You ed your sleeves and rolled it up before loosening your tie.

Chaewon’s dog, Bbomi immediately ran to you, barking happily as it proceeded to hug your legs with its cute and small paws. “Hey there buddy!” You squatted down to give the dog a soft pat on the head and a belly rub. You laughed as it proceeded to your hand as if it was some tasty treat. You gave it one more head pat before making your way further into your home.

You take a deep sigh and slowly reach over your shoulders to massage the tense muscles. Work has been unforgiving as of lately with your boss seemingly not knowing that his employees have personal lives as well.

You continue to walk around the living room not realizing that your wife, Chaewon was nowhere to be found.

Right.

You looked through your phone and saw her text earlier in the day saying that she’d be home late due to a late night pre-recording.

Sighing, you walked over to the fridge only to find tupperwares stacked on top of each other filled with food. On top of it is a sticky note with writing on it:

“I’ve already cooked some meals for you when you get home. Love you Y/N!”

You smiled to yourself as you read the note in her iconic crunchy voice that Orbits loved. You honestly couldn’t have asked for a better wife than Chaewon. From the moment you two met to the day she finally said “Yes” to becoming your wife, your life has been nothing but pure joy with her by your side.

Having an idol wife was a double-edged sword, however. You loved the fact that you get to see her be adored and loved by millions of fans across the world as a member of LOONA while getting to do something that she loves but you also hated the fact that she gets so much unnecessary hate and the overwhelming stress that came with it.

Even though you two received plenty of criticism regarding your relationship, the both of you stood your ground and fought to keep the relationship afloat. And now, your marriage is as strong as ever as a result.

After a quick reheating of the food in the microwave, you went over to the dining table, the TV and began to eat. With how tired and hungry you are, you made quick work of the food cooked by your wife (also because the food tasted amazing). Who knew that the girl who almost burned down their dorm cooking chicken nuggets would be such an amazing cook now? You’d definitely have to thank Sooyoung sometime for that.

After washing the dishes and taking a nice warm shower after a stressful work day, you went back to the living room wearing the pajamas she gifted you for your wedding anniversary. It was a mint-colored pajama with blue butterflies printed all over it. You didn’t know why she gifted you that specific pair of pajamas at first until one night when she walked out of the bathroom wearing the exact same pair.

“I wanted us to have couple pajamas...” She reasoned, as her cheeks flushed a bright hue of red.

You crashed yourself onto the couch and mindlessly scrolled through the channels on the TV, waiting for your wife who is definitely equally tired to come home. Before you know it, Bbomi made its way into the couch as well, jumping on top of your stomach and laying there.

“You miss Chaewon too, huh?” You begin rubbing it’s head and as if it seemed to understand human speech, it began to bark in agreement.

You chuckled at this and turned your attention back to the TV. Your plan was to wait for your wife to arrive and just cuddle with her for the rest of the night but with how tired and stressful your day was, you felt your eyelids getting heavy. And with that, you drifted off to dreamland.

-

“Y/N? Baby?” You heard a soft and calming recognizable voice as your body was slightly shook. You slowly opened your eyes and squinted a few times, trying to adjust to the surrounding lights. Once your vision has stabilized, you were greeted by your wife with a bright smile on her face.

“C-Chaewon??” You slowly sat up from the couch and sleepily rubbed your eyes. The sight of you wearing the pajamas she gifted you along with your disheveled hair was too much for Chaewon to handle which caused her to laugh softly.

“I’m home, baby.” She grinned as she sat down on the couch and pulled you into a tight hug. You smiled and hugged her back just as tight. As she wrapped her arms around your shoulders, she could feel how tense they were. Pouting, she pulled from the hug and lightly glared at you. You immediately felt goosebumps through your entire body.

“D-Did I do something wrong?” You questioned, trying to remember everything that had happened this week. Did you forget an important event? “You didn’t do anything wrong, silly.” She softly hit your chest before pulling you into a hug once again.

“Is your boss giving you hell again?” She continued as she rested her chin on your shoulder, inhaling your favorite shampoo. You sighed and nodded your head softly,

“Our revenue decreased last month so my boss thinks that making us work twice as hard this month will fix everything.”

“I guess working for one of the top companies in the country also has its down side.” Chaewon replied as her frown deepened, she feels bad that she can’t do anything about the stress that you’re going through since she’s equally stressed.

“Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” She inquired as she pulled away from the hug, looking at you with her eyes filled with concern and worry.

You held her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, shaking your head. “Your presence alone is enough to take away all of my stress, honey.” You gave her a sincere and loving smile, one that never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

“Plus, I know that you’re just as busy since your comeback is around the corner. I don’t want you to worry about me on top of your already stressful job.” As much as you want to be by your wife’s side, you knew that she has a lot on her plate as well.

“How am I not going to worry? I’m your wife, pabo.” You can’t help but chuckle at this, it was always cute seeing Chaewon get so riled up. “Here, turn around and I’ll give you a massage.”

“That’ll be great, I feel like my shoulders are stiff as a board right now.”

You nodded and let her soft hands do their magic on your tense shoulders as you turned around. Chaewon frowns once again as she realizes that your shoulders are more tense than usual. You can’t help but breathe a sigh of relief as you feel yourself relax from her touch.

“Thank you, honey.” You tell her after a few seconds of silence.

“For what?” She replies softly.

“For always being there for me. Even when there are times when it feels like we’re the two busiest people in the world.” You take a deep breath and continue, “I sometimes wonder if I was a saint in my past life to be blessed with such a wonderful wife.”

You’re the coffee that I need in the morning

You’re the sunshine in the rain when it’s pouring

It’s fortunate that you can’t see her face right now since it’s a dark shade of red, with every word that you said causing her blush to deepen.

“Tch. You and your cheesy words....” She finally responds. You chuckle at this and turned around to face her again.

“Oh right, are you free tomorrow?” You asked, causing your wife to raise her eyebrows.

“I only have dance practice in the morning, why?”

“Perfect! I was thinking of going on a road trip. We could drive out in the country and maybe even have a spa day!” You smiled excitedly.

“But what about-“

“My work? I already told them that I’m gonna be taking the day off. I’ve already devoted so much time to that company. It’s about time we both get some well deserved rest right?”

“That’s great then! It’s been a while since we’ve went on a vacation. Remember when we went to Disneyland for our one year anniversary?” Chaewon reminisced.

“You mean that time when you cried because Splash Mountain was under repair so you couldn’t get on it?” You teased, a smirk visible on your face.

“YAH!”

“I’m just kidding honey.” You laughed and pulled her into a hug, kissing her cheek softly. You pulled away from her, grabbing her neck softly before learning in for a proper kiss as you close your eyes. It lasted for a few seconds before the lack of oxygen caused you two to pull away. You then stare into each other’s eyes lovingly as if nothing else mattered in this world. And maybe there really isn’t anything else that does.

“I love you Y/N.”

“I love you too Chaewon.”

It’s the sunrise

And those brown eyes

You’re the one that I desire

“Now let’s go get some sleep shall we? We’ve got a fun-filled day ahead of us.” She grins excitedly.

“Whoever makes it to our bedroom last is a rotten egg!“ You announced, immediately getting off the couch and making a beeline to your bedroom.

“Hey, that’s not fair!” She whines, causing you to laugh heartily.

If life is a movie, then Chaewon is the best part. And you wouldn’t wanna have it any other way.