one. bullseye

twisted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE: BULLSEYE

Imagine walking through a long road with an endless trail of very sticky gum. No matter how much you try to scrap off those bits of rubbish, there will always be another piece of gum waiting maniacally for your shoes to land on them. At the end of the day, after hours of walking on eggshells, you just want to rip off all the strands of hair on your scalp as your frustrations get the best of you. No matter how hard you try, you're still in the same place and nothing will suffice as a solution. Well that's the world we live in.

 As you read this word, a person you don't even know will be dying, whichever way you'd like to imagine. While you read this sentence, a kid so young they can't even know the difference between chocolate and ice cream might be getting ually assaulted by some family relative of theirs. By the time you finish reading this paragraph, perhaps someone is getting ready to write their last letter to their family. 

And to be frankly honest with you, there's nothing you can do about it right now.

Even the law that you so conveniently like to trust and rely on, those governors you voted for, those people you see in the television speaking so proudly about their pretentious achievements. Those things don't do anything. Never will. Because the government? They don't protect you. They will do the bare minimum and call it the end of their day. As they argue over the pettiest things, a homeless girl will already be forced into Thailand to sell her body to a bunch of old, corrupt, musty men. The government? They jail us in a small chamber and toy with our vulnerabilities until we are suffocating. You don't realize that though. Because you're still playing with your toy.

When even the good is bad, the only way you can fight the bad is through the bad. 

That's why we are here. We don't care about the law. There are loopholes that the law will never succeed in addressing, let alone address it in the first place. The law only gives you a sheet of tissue and expects you to clean all that gunk of gum on your shoes. 

That's why we use our own tactics, our own ethics, and fight evil with our own evil. We set fire to the road and burn all that gum, even if that means that our lives will be at stake. 

Don't trust us though. We have no interest in being heroes. We're not nice people. We have no such thing as morals. We kill whoever we have to. We make illegal transactions and we gamble businesses. We manipulate stocks. We commit fraud if we want to. So don't think that we save the world. We only live for ourselves and ourselves only. If something disturbs us, we act on it, but nothing else. We are no Avengers.

You might ask what's the difference between us and the government. Well, we're both evil, but one uses it differently and openly.

 

 

"Hurry up, Iris!" Jungkook shouted. He was waiting by the door, keeping a careful eye for any bypassers.

"Shut the up you ," Iris hissed under her warm breathe. The security these people have installed on their computers was already making the girl want to tear all the hair from every breathing pore in her body. Jungkook's voice was just the icing on top.

Her eyes scanned every apparent symbol on the screen, her fingers busily rushing through the keyboard and strangely enjoying the hard surface of each key. She just had to hack through the security system so that Yoongi could access the account in their computer and manipulate the presentations that were to be displayed in a few minutes at the gala.

When the black and blue loading bar appeared at the center of the screen, Iris grinned in victory. 

"I'm done. We just need a few seconds for it to load," she whispered at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded in response. He wanted to smile, but found no freedom to do so when he noticed three suited men walking towards their direction. 

"Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter