chain of love VI

CRv0
Please log in to read the full chapter

december 2, 2019.  

a

"Care for some wine, mademoiselle?"

An elderly waiter offered the said drink as Serena declined asking for water instead while she observed her dreamy surrounding. She was seated in one of the glorious dining rooms of the Skylight Terrace. In reality, Serena would never visit the spot due to it's wait list as well as being too high-end for her taste. If it was in her dreams, then she was gonna go with it. At least within her dreams, she could be embarrassed or not be bothered by the other patrons. The area was empty save for the small orchestra in the corner softly playing a tune and yet the atmosphere didn't feel lonesome. Serena sipped her water as she wondered what would happen next.

"Lovely weather we're having this month, don't you think?"

Serena's attention face forward to a faceless man sitting across from her. He was dressed nicely and she glanced down at her own attire. She, too, was dress for the occasion despite not knowing what the occasion was for. She glanced up and the whole ambiance of the place shifted with lit candles placed all over. Serena leaned back as she eyed the person. This was giving her major flashbacks to her last date that didn't turn out so well. The person reached to place his hand over hers and just as she was about to pull away he spoke.

"I like you."

"Excuse me?"

Just as she blinked the flames flickered and Maofah's face replaced the faceless man.

"Even in your dreams you're dying to get laid."

Serena frown while pulling her hand out from under the man's hand and crossed her arms over her chest.

"I do not."

"Right. By the way, who is he supposed to be?"

"How am I suppose to know?"

"You're the one dreaming of him."

Serena rolled her eyes.

"It really could be anyone."

"Who are you talking to behind my back?"

Maofah asked with a stern look.

"I need to know who he is before you get serious."

Serena rolled her eyes again.

"No one. I don't have time for that with my crazy life."

"Hmm, you're right. That's true. Who would want to date someone that can't make time for them?"

Serena rolled her eyes and didn't bother to answer that and asked something else.

"Anyways," Serena eyed the cat as he cleary made himself comfortable, "Why are you even here?"

"Just visiting. Looks like I came in before y'all can do the dirty, dirty."

Maofah re-appeared as himself and pushed the male body away which de-materialized away. Serena watched the feline unamused.

"Yeah, right. Bye the way, is this dream your doing? To get me to confess that I need to date or something?"

"Not really. It's more like your mind messing with you. It's your subconscious trying to figure out the day's event as you're sleeping."

Maofah clapped his paws together and several food items appeared onto the table.

"Hehe, what should I eat?"

"Did you just invade my dreams to eat to your heart's delight."

"That and to annoy you like always."

"You're insufferable."

"You know you like me."

Maofah smirked and dug into the food. He knocked over a bowl of fruit in the process and Serena watch an apple roll off the table.

"You're so messy."

"So what?"

Serena rolled her eyes as she made to pick up the fruit, but was met with a very elderly and hunched over woman offering the dropped apple to her.

"Why not take a bite, dearie?"

Before Serena could decline the offer, she witnessed as the old hag was hit with an apple pie by Maofah.

"She's the Cupid Reaper, Grimhilde."

Maofah informed her as he went back to eating. Serena witnessed the look of panicked on Grimhilde's face before groveling.

"My apologies, Cupid Reaper."

"It's o-"

Grimhilde continued speaking not hearing Serena.

"I thought you to be another sad soul. I was unaware of your true nature and did not detect your aromatic scent."

"It's o-"

Serena didn't get to finish her sentence as the woman poofed away in gray smoke. She was confused, but then remembered what she had said. Serena's attention went to the feline.

"Hey, what's up with this scent of mine? Does it mean something?"

"Everybody has a scent. Technically, every soul has a scent compare to their human for."

"Okay, but what about mine?"

"Yours is distinct due to being a fragance mix of cupid and grim reaper within a human vessel."

Maofah responded nonchalantly, but that still caused Serena to puzzled at his explanation.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"No clue."

"How come I can't sense it?"

"Because it's your own scent so you can't sense it."

"That makes no sense."

"You don't make sense."

The pair stared at one another with Maofah breaking the silence.

"By the way, are you gonna finish that?"

"Are you gonna pay back Nerok his money?"

Serena countered as Maofah paused in mid-reach for Serena's plate.

"I have no idea what you're talking."

"Right. No peaches for you."

"What? No fair."

He coughed.

"I mean. Whatever."

"Mmhmm. I'm leaving."

"Bu-"

Serena's eyes fluttered open and found herself on the sofa. Sighing while adjusting her position to a more comfortable spot, she debated on whether to recollect the dream fragments or not. She opted to just let it float away. She figured it didn't mean anything and didn't want to worry about it. Serena noticed that It was quiet and dark with a small illuminating from the kitchen. She glanced for her mobile device for the time and saw that it was a little after two in the morning. Putting it away, Serena her side and went back to sleep with no dreams appearing this time around.
 

december 5, 2019. 

"Tch."

Serena made a sound as she almost missed the footing when she reached the end of the escalator upon reaching the second floor. She looked about her to what may have caused for the mishap. For some odd reason Serena was distracted by a sudden scent of tonka bean and geranium. The unknown fragrance hit her unexpectedly while trying to take a selca with the pink Polaroid camera. She mumbled to herself as she shook it off and continued on her way to Tina's room.

Serena noticed the slightly ajar door with a puzzled look, then knocked quietly on the door, and waited for permission to enter. She heard a female voice to come in and was instantly greeted by a melancholy atmosphere. Her eyes slowly scanned the room filled with two others beside the couple and knew what had caused it. Zee was softly crying at Tina's bedside while holding her lifeless hand. The monitor had been shut off allowing those present to grieve their loss. Tina's younger sister, Gigie, noticed Serena and made her way towards her with a tear-stained face.

"Hi, Ms. Knight. I'm sorry that you arrived at this time. My sister passed away barely half an hour ago."

"My condolences, Ms. Le."

Serena cast her a sympathetic smile as she had put away the camera in her large bag, pulled out a large manila file, and handed it to Gigie.

"By the way, do not worry about the payment for the wedding photoshoot. Save it for Tina."

"But-"

Serena interrupted Gigie with a soft tone.

"No, really. It's fine. Consider it as my gift to the couple."

She slightly backed away.

"Once again, my condolences. If there's any concerns about the pictures, then please do not hesitate to call Everlast Memos. Take care."

"You're a very sweet person, Ms. Knight. Thank you so much."

Serena exited the room with a heavy heart. She messaged Praya about what had happened before deciding to make a visit to Melanie.
 

december 11, 2019. 

"Weren't

december 18, 2019. 

Grim Reaper Serena and Nerok materialized inside a main family residence of the deceased. The grim reaper hovered besides Jinseok while he was observing his family who were all sitting around a large table in the dining room as the lawyer was reading out the contents of his will.

"Hello, Jinseok Lee. I'm Reaper V and I'll be taking you to the afterlife."

Reaper Serena informed him as Jinseok slowly turned around to face her.

"What happened to the other grim reaper that was assigned to me?"

"Grim Reaper Ded had other things to do because things got a little overwhelming and we're having some technical difficulties."

Nerok answered as he flew near the man.

"So Reaper V here came in his place instead. By the way, you smell like sunflowers. It's very nice."

"That's funny. I always had people tell me I smell like shaving cream and old leather carseats for the rest of my life until my death."

Jinseok chuckled as he petted Nerok with a smile.

"So it's good to know that after my death I smell like sunflowers instead."

Grim Reaper Serena smiled as she wondered if she was the same way since she was a mortal yet had a supernatural feel to her as well. She dismissed the idea for now and would ask the others later as she focused her gaze onto the lawyer as he read out the will to the three sons.

"I, Jinseok Lee, hereby state that Jonghyun Lee and Minseok Lee will still each received their monthly allowance of five thousand dollars for the rest of their lives until their deaths along with their current home they're living in."

Ryan looked up from the papers towards the son before continuing.

"In additional to, Jonghyun will inherit the home property in Merailles while Minseok will inherit the home property in Acelin. Both will run and co-manage the main Lee's Rental & Supply together as well as the other two locations in Dhanantara and Verdani. As for the rest I will leave to the care of my youngest son, Dongwoo Lee, although he won't have full access until his twenty-third birthday."

Dongwoo wondered why he was given the full inheritance when he had two older brothers who could have easily receive it. Or the fact that they were more mature and responsible than he was.

"Dongwoo will inherit Angelarme Gardens. The home properties in Aleydis and Hendesiavie Checha. Along with..."

Dongwoo zoned out as he wasn't sure if this was the right decision for their dad to state it like so. He was basically getting everything despite being the youngest and his older brothers having worked longer and harder than him. Dongwoo worried that his brothers would hate him now because of it.

"It's okay, Ding Dong. Dad knows what he was doing even when Mom died."

Jonghyun assured Dongwoo as Minseok nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, Ding Dong. Don't think we'll get angry about this. Despite how everything turned out, Jonghyun and I are sure this was how he wanted to do this and honestly, we would, too."

"You guys are really the greatest and supportived brothers anyone could ever asked for."

Dongwoo smi

Please log in to read the full chapter