You're marrying who!!

You're going to do what now?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: this idea seemed super funny to me. Where Yerim is told her best friend Irene is going to marry her mom Seulgi, strictly for fun so please don’t take it seriously. Enjoy 


 

When Kang Yerim stumbled out of bed, after having been up the previous night for hours having an intense video game marathon with her friends. The only thoughts on her mind was getting downstairs, having breakfast, and then going back to sleep for another 8 hours if possible. Yerim ties her blonde locks back into a ponytail, puts on her fuzzy pink slippers, and makes her way downstairs. The moment Yerim gets out of the room she smells food. Delicious smells of pancakes, freshly squeezed orange juice, sweet syrup.

 

“Mom’s been cooking?”

 

Now what she knows of her mom. She isn’t the worst cook by any means. Over the years her mom had gotten a lot better. Compared to all the burning and inedible food she used to serve. Still, Yerim didn’t expect that huge spread of food.

 

“Mom, you cooked?” Yerim’s mouth nearly drops on the floor. Her stomach grumbling at the sight of everything. Kang Seulgi turned around from the stove with a coffee mug in hand.

 

“Oh, hi, Yerimie. You’re awake, I was wondering when you’d show up. Please, sit and have some breakfast.” Seulgi smiles with eyes forming crescent shapes. “There’s plenty.”

 

“I’ll say, look at all this food.” Yerim hurries to sit down and piles her plate high with pancakes. Noticing the rolled omelets and slices of bacon too. Everything looked delicious. She couldn’t wait to eat.

 

“Oh my god…” Yerim’s eyes light up when she bites into the tastiest, fluffiest pancakes she had ever eaten. They’re so good, there’s no way her mother made this food. 

 

“Mom, what’s going on today? Did you get some sort of magic cooking lessons?”

 

Seulgi chuckles softly and shakes her head. She wanted to wait a while before sharing her good news. But since Yerim is eating and enjoying her food. It might be easier to say it now.

 

“What’s going on, Yerimie is that I’m getting married!”

 

Of course, Yerim proceeds to choke over her food, eyes wide in shock, and Seulgi naturally does rush over to pat her back to make sure her daughter is okay.

 

“Are you okay, Yerimie?”

 

“Um, no, what the hell do you mean?”

 

“Language, Kang Yerim.”

 

“I’m in college, who the hell cares about my language? Especially when my mother drops some random bomb like she’s getting married.”
 

Come to think of it. Yerim didn’t even know her mother was dating anyone. From the time she was small her mother would never introduce anyone to her unless they were serious. She’s only met like two women at most and neither of them she liked for her mother. What the heck was going on?

 

Seulgi sighs in a dreamy way and leans back against the sink. “It’s rather unexpected, but I am going to marry the most amazing woman in the world.”

 

“The most amazing woman in the world. Are you drunk?”

 

“Drunk on love.” Seulgi sighs again.

 

“R-Right, mom, sure. Well, I’ll humor you. Who is this most amazing woman?” Yerim goes back to eating.

 

“Irene…” 

 

“Irene…” She checks her memory bank for the name. “Oh, Kim Irene! That model friend of yours. Great! She’s rich too, isn’t she. She’ll be the best damn stepmommy ever.”
 

“Um, not exactly no.”

 

Yerim is confused now. She sure doesn’t know any other Irene, does she? That’s why Yerim simply laughs.

 

“Oh, I get it, mom. You’re just messing with me, very funny. You know I wouldn’t let you just marry any random woman from anywhere. People are insane out here these days, you know.”

 

“I know, sweetie. But she’s not any stranger. In fact, you two already get along so well.”

 

Yerim puts her fork down and swears she’s not eating another bite. She has a sudden terrible feeling right now, and she can’t explain it. That is until her mother is introducing her alleged fiancé and Yerim’s mouth drops. She sees someone extremely familiar indeed, dressed in a soft purple bathrobe and walks over to her mother. Yerim is screaming by the time the person has her arms wrapped around her mother’s waist.

 

“Irene!” She screams, as it is indeed her best friend Irene. The same best friend who is also her age and looking at her mother with lovesick eyes, that makes Yerim want to gag. She is close to it too when Irene touches Seulgi’s face in a super affectionate way.

 

“What in the !”

 

“Language, Yerim.” Seulgi lightly reprimands as she knows she had raised Yerim much better than that. Still, with her hand around Irene’s waist it’s enough for Yerim to scream.

 

“Irene what the hell!”

 

“That’s stepmommy to you, Yerimie.” Her best friend smiles. Irene would be lying if she said this wasn’t absolutely hilarious, seeing Yerim’s reaction. She and Seulgi did discuss prior to what would be the funniest way to tell Yerim. They ended up opting for just a regular reveal, with Irene walking in to hug Seulgi. Either way, Irene wishes she had her phone. So that she could have recorded Yerim’s reaction to their news.

 

“Oh the hell it is. You two aren’t even funny, If this is some sort of joke. I sincerely hope you two cut it out right now.”

 

“Joke?” Seulgi blinks, tightening her hold around Irene’s waist. Why on earth would Yerim think it’s a joke. 

 

“Did you not see my huge ring?” Irene shows her hand which indeed has a very visible diamond ring. Yerim runs over and grabs her hand, inspecting the hell out of the diamond. It is indeed a big ring, and now Yerim is pissed because of how expensive this ring is. 

 

“What the hell, mom? You bought her a huge ring like this, all for a joke? Are you both insane?”

 

Irene chuckles and taps her friend’s cheek. “This isn’t a joke, Yerim. Seul and I are engaged to be married, and I will certainly be your stepmommy. I have no idea how you didn’t hear us last night, we were ing so loudly.”

 

That’s it, that was it. Yerim was going to be sick. Just the very thought of her best friend having with her mom is enough to do it. 

 

“Alright, I’m going to throw up. I’m going to…”

 

“Oh, quit being dramatic, Yerimie. It’s not so bad. Now, I’ve been thinking, what would you like to call me from now on. Stepmommy Rene, or her royal highness-your-stepmommy Irene.”

 

“W-What?” Yerim sure as hell wasn’t calling her best friend, who is the same age as her stepmommy of any kind. In fact, this really better be an elaborate joke set up between her mom and best friend. Otherwise, Yerim will be down one mom and best friend.

 

“Honey,” Seulgi says in that tender mom way. “I know this is a bit shocking for you. I do understand, but Irene is really the most incredible woman I’ve ever met, and she makes me very happy.”

 

The younger woman smiles and grabs a hold of Seulgi’s tanned cheeks. “Aw, you make me so happy too, baby.”

 

“B-Baby….” Yerim feels lightheaded, she feels sick, and the room is certainly spinning. That’s exactly what Yerim does too. She passes out cold, and would have fallen down flat on her face. Had it not been for Seulgi rushing over to grab her daughter just in time.

 

“Yerim, Yerim…”

 

Seulgi even gently taps her cheek to wake her. It was no use as the poor thing was indeed, out cold. The monolid woman takes her daughter and helps her into the living room. Irene knew that her friend would no doubt be shocked by their news. She even understands, because if this had been her hearing news that her best friend was engaged to her mom. She’d probably freak out too.

 

“I guess I didn’t expect her to react so badly.” Seulgi gives an awkward laugh.

 

“She’ll be fine. Once the shock wears off she'll be fine.” 

 

The two waited for Yerim to wake up. Irene even playfully suggested she could throw some water or slap her a few times. To which Seulgi declined because Yerim was her daughter after all.

 

“Why not?” The younger woman pouted adorably. “We did that to wake each other up when we roomed together in the dorm.”

 

“Uh…” Seulgi is about to question this alleged throwing water or slapping each other. Especially as they are going to become a family of sorts. They both hear the sounds of Yerim waking up. Her daughter blinks a few times and focuses her attention onto her mom, and then best friend.

 

“What happened?”

 

“Are you okay, Yerimie?” Seulgi asks. 

 

“Oh, I remember now.” Yerim recalls what happened. “You two are just messing around right, haha, you know, like a joke. Because no offense mom, but Irene can be your daughter. And my mom is way too old for you, Rene.”

 

Seulgi opens to defend that she isn’t some old and decrepit woman or anything. Sure, Irene is Yerim’s age. And it’s not like Seulgi intended to go and fall in love with her, but here they are. Besides, Irene is the most wonderful young lady in the world.

 

“Well,” Irene smiles and taps Seulgi’s cheek. “She’s definitely what I would call a mommy.” Her voice gets suddenly deeper, huskier. “Just not the kind of mommy you’re thinking.”

 

“Okay, that’s it. I’m going to be sick for real. There’s no way you’re marrying my mom, Irene.” Yerim tells her before running off to her room. She has to get her stuff and get out of here right now. Yerim needs some air and to see her other best friend Seungwan and girlfriend Sooyoung. They will know how to help her.

 

“Oh, I’m marrying your mom, Yerimie. Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it. You’ll see!”

 

The only thing she and Seulgi hear is the bedroom door slamming shut. Well, that certainly couldn’t have gone worse. Seulgi sighs and sits down on the couch. She’ll have to talk to Yerim again later, maybe when it all sinks in.

 

“Seul.” Irene whispers softly and grabs her hands into her own. She caresses the tanned knuckles and has Seulgi look up at her. “Hey, it’ll be okay. Yerim just needs some time to get used to us. You still want to marry me, don’t you?”

 

Irene will be crushed if Seulgi no longer wants to marry her. Sure, it wasn’t Irene’s first plan in life. Fall in love with her best friend’s gorgeous mom and accept a marriage proposal. Yet, here they were. She just knows Yerim will come around sooner or later. She would want both herself and Seulgi to be happy, right? The monolid woman gestures to her lap and helps Irene sit down. She pushes pretty dark locks away from her face.

 

“Of course, I want to marry you. I love you, you know that, Irene.”

 

“I love you too.” She is reassured already. “Alright, we’ll face everything together. I’m sure Yerim will calm down soon enough.”

 

Only, not really. Yerim couldn’t believe this was currently her life. Just what the hell made her mom and best friend decide to play this kind of insane joke. They can’t possibly be getting married. From what she knows, neither of them had ever expressed any sort of romantic interest. That’s how Yerim knows something must be up. And so she grabbed her purse, threw on her jacket, and grabbed her phone. Before she escaped through her bedroom window. Thank god she was only on the second floor so she wouldn’t be hurt too badly. She sent an urgent text in the group chat she shared with her gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter