Final

Smack

Overly-affectionate. That’s how people saw Yeonjun. But he wasn’t. okay, maybe a little but that’s because he liked showing people he cared for that he loved them. He’s always liked skin ship as a kid and as he grew up it became even more serious. He noticed that people became too shy about affection and especially PDA as they grew up. It was even worse when he got in a relationship and a lot of his ex-partners (he hadn’t got a lot but still) told him off about the skin ship. But that didn’t stop him, he was a very affectionate person, he couldn’t change himself.

When he became an idol, he discovered he liked being all cute for the cameras and doing fanservice. He found it fun and fans loved it anyway. Yeonjun especially enjoyed doing fanservice with Soobin. When they met, Soobin had been very shy and admirative of Yeonjun. The latter found him very cute and he was very happy when he heard they would be in the same group. They quickly got close but a problem soon appeared: Yeonjun had developed a crush on Soobin.

Being a public figure was already hard so having a crush and on a member out of all people was a line to never cross, Yeonjun knew that. Had it been someone else, Yeonjun could control himself but Soobin was just so adorable, Yeonjun found himself falling for him hard and fast. The real problem was Yeonjun’s affectionate personality.

The other members knew that and they didn’t really like that part of him. They had an on-going joke between which was so made a disgusted face every time Yeonjun did something cute or affectionate like trying to kiss them or hugging them. Yeonjun could bear with it, it was a joke after all. But as time went by and he fell harder and harder for Soobin, seeing him make those disgusted expressions, say things like ‘what the hell is wrong with him?’ began to hurt Yeonjun. He couldn’t help himself but imagine how it’d be if him and Soobin began to date. He knew it couldn’t happen because they were both boys, in the same group and in Korea but he still liked daydreaming about it.

Anyway, the thing about everything was that behind the cameras, Soobin enjoyed Yeonjun’s affection. Yeonjun always caressed his hair, played with his ears and cheeks, loving how soft they were, he also hugged him at the most random times. It wasn’t strange for the other members to find them all cuddled up everywhere at home or even in waiting rooms.

So, why was Yeonjun getting hurt? He knew it was only a joke and that Soobin actually liked the skin ship. It was making him crazy and one night, as he was all cuddled up with Soobin in the latter’s bed, he asked him a question.

“Soobin-ah?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you like skin ship?” Yeonjun softly asked

“You know I do.” Soobin answered.

“Then, why do you act all disgusted in front of cameras?”

“It’s a joke, hyung, you know that.” Soobin replied, confused.

“I know. But it hurts to see you act like that.” Yeonjun admitted in a whisper.

Soobin was surprised to hear Yeonjun say that. The older was never one to keep what he felt to himself but Soobin had never heard him be so honest.

“I’m sorry, hyung. I’ll tell the others to tone it down.”

“No, no. Just you. I want you to stop doing it, please.”

Soobin softly smiled to himself, caressing Yeonjun’s hair.

“I will. But can you tell me why?” he asked.

Okay, Soobin was trying his luck there but he couldn’t let this opportunity pass. He’s been crushing on his hyung for ages and it was the first time he felt it could be mutual. Well, maybe not the first first time but he was 90% sure it was mutual right now.

He heard Yeonjun take a deep breath before exhaling and snuggle a little closer into Soobin's arms.

“I like you, Soobinie. A lot.” He said, his voice so soft Soobin almost missed it.

Soobin's smile got wider and he hugged Yeonjun a bit tighter.

“That’s great. I like you too, hyungie.” Soobin replied and Yeonjun looked up.

“Really?” he asked, bewildered.

“Really. I’ve liked you for a long time actually.” Soobin admitted.

“Can I kiss you?”

“Ew, what’s wrong with you?” Soobin said, chuckling.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Yeonjun stated and leaned in to leave a soft kiss on Soobin's even softer lips.

For the first time, Yeonjun's affectionate personality actually brought him somewhere: into Soobin's arms.