prologue

Throne of Bael
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was happy when I was a kid.

 


"Otou-chan…?" A young girl curiously said, peeking behind her father's figure. "Why is Okaa-chan lying in a bed?" 

Kakashi Miyawaki, her father, turned around and kneeled to face his daughter. He beamed a gentle smile, "You're Okaa-chan is just resting, Saachan...now, would you like to meet your Otouto?"

"My...otouto?" Big brown eyes wondered as slowly she moved away from hiding. She watched how her father, dressed neatly in his scrubs and stethoscope, walked towards the bed as he gently kissed his wife's forehead and slowly reached out for the small bundle that was snuggled in her arms. She watched as her father carried the white bundle in his arms with great care, slowly moving until he neared the couch and sat in it. Her little feet moved excitedly when her father motioned for her to go over.

"My sweet Sakura, I want you to meet your little brother...Sotaro Miyawaki."

 


Children's happiness is ethereal…

 


"Sochan!" Sakura yelped as a toy ball landed in her head. Her best friend Murashige only laughed at her demise, making the thirteen year old growl threateningly before she pouted.

"Ugh, why do you both like to bully me so much?" Sakura dramatically fell on their sofa, flaring her arms from side to side. It was now three years after her brother was born, and it was a fulfilled three years full of mischiefs from her dear best friend and brother.

And now, Shige has the audacity to laugh at her even more. She threw a pillow at her face, that will teach her a lesson.

"Ow! Calm down, Sakuchan!" Shige raised her arms up in the air. Both looking at the side when Sotaro copied her actions. With these two together, even with how extreme they both got annoying to Sakura, she couldn't be angry at them...not when Sotaro looked so cute and her best friend being an annoying but dear pain in her .

Just when she was about to speak, a loud thunder was heard. Rain poured down in an instant and Sakura was reminded of the fight she had with her parents earlier in the morning.

"Hey," She looked beside as Shige grabbed her by the arm. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just remembered how I forgot to give an umbrella to my mom earlier," her brown eyes looked outside and towards the harsh pouring of rain. "We were in an argument and I just kinda…"

"Hey, it's okay…" Shige whispered. "Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, don't overthink it."

"No, it's because I keep pushing them too far. I said that we should visit another quirk doctor to check...if I…" she lowered her eyes as she remembered the scene from before. Just before her parents left the house, Sakura requested to have her checked with another quirk doctor to see if her quirk was manifesting. They've gone to countless quirk doctors and every time they would always say the same.

"I'm sorry to say this but...your daughter seemed to be quirkless."

They had another argument and she knew she pushed them too far. It was in their nature for her to kiss them goodbye every morning and give them an umbrella in case it would rain and both she didn't do earlier. 

Indeed, children's happines

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter