Sweet Boba, Sweet Boy

Sweet

 

 

 

 

 

“You know…I could recommend you another drink. You don’t seem to like that one very much.”

 

Jonghyun stared up at the handsome man that the heavenly voiced belonged to.

 

He had been coming into this boba shop consistently for a couple of weeks now, nearly a month. It was just one of those places near his neighborhood that he never bothered to walk into. He just went one day on a whim and to check out what the place offered. 

Of course he knew they offered Boba as it’s red giant letters on the outside screamed “SWEET BOBA”, but he didn’t know they had an attractive blonde boy working there too. 

He was…beautiful to simply put it. He just looked so young and innocent.

He had these small cat like eyes and pouty lips, and his bright blonde hair made him look even more heavenly.

He was the first person he saw as he greeted him when he walked through the door. He was so distracted by his beauty he hardly looked at the menu and just asked him to give him the cheapest drink and dazedly walked off to his seat to sneak glances at the boy.

He ended up coming the next day again just to see if he would spot him, and surely enough he was there again and he ordered the same drink yet again. He wondered what he was like. He seemed nice as he saw the way he always greeted and spoke to customers, even when they would get rude with him. He just looked so innocent.

Maybe he was a quite and shy type of person? He looked like he was. Was he a sensitive and calm person? The way he spoke to his costumers with such care looked as if he was. 

He tried to not come off as a creep so he stopped by once or twice a week, sometimes staying and sometimes leaving. When he left he usually threw his drink away. He promised himself each time he came in he would speak to him, only to chicken out each time. 

Jonghyun did not like Boba, or at least he didn’t like the flavor he was buying. He never bothered to stare at the menu long enough to try to try something new. He would usually get to flustered when the blonde boy stared at him and ended up just saying “the usual” everytime he came in.

And everytime he said it the blonde boy would grin and let out a small laugh as he typed in his order. Sometimes the boy would make it for him and call out his order with a bright smile accompanied with cute dimples or sometimes he would only just put his order in and someone else made him drink and that was the end of the interaction for the day.  

But today was different.

 

“S-sorry?” He stammered. 

The boy had never came up to him like this before so he was in complete shock.

Even though the boy was standing right in front of his table staring directly at him, he still took a moment to look around the shop to check and make sure he wasn’t talking to someone behind him.

Surprisingly he was the only customer in there. The other costumers that were there were gone and Kibum’s co-worker walked into the backroom. They were literally the only two in the small shop as of now.

“Your drink? I can recommend you another one. You don’t ever seem to like that one very much. Don’t worry, it’s on the house.” He said giving him a bright smile, a smile that made his heart pound out of his chest.

“Umm oh- yea okay. Sure.” He said stupidly. 

He couldn’t help but watch as the boy walked back confidently behind the counter and started making his drink. When the blonde boy caught him staring he winked at him. Jonghyun immediately whipped his head around and covered his face as his cheeks turned red. He felt so stupid. He spent the few remaining minutes calming his nerves down.

“Here you go!” 

The boy slide a new Bobo drink in front of him. It was pink. Jonghyun squinted his eyes.

“What flavor is this?” He asked curiously. He was surprised when they boy took a seat across from him, he only smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

“Just try it. If you don’t like it I’ll give you another one.” 

Jonghyun gulped. 

He grabbed the drink in front of him and prayed that it didn’t taste as disgusting as the other flavor he had been suffering through.

A small smile appeared on his face when he realized the Bobo tasted good and sweet.

“It’s good!”

“Yep! I knew you would like it. It’s strawberry, that one is my personal fav.” The boy said cheerily.

“Thank you for this. Really.” Jonghyun said.

“I got tired of watching you grimace every time you took a sip of your drink. You clearly didn’t like it, I figured I would point you in the right direction. Not many people like the Coconut flavored one.” He said confidently.

“I hate Coconut.” Jonghyun admitted as he took another sip of his drink.

“Eh? Then why do you buy it all the time?” Kibum said with an eyebrow raised.

Oops. Did Jonghyun blow his cover? He laughed awkwardly and took another sip to avoid answering.

“Kibum.” The blonde boy said.

“W-what?”

“My name is Kibum.” He said simply.

“Jonghyun.” He said back.

Jonghyun looked away from Kibum’s intense stare. He was incredibly shy and awkward. Never would he thought he would be sitting down speaking to his crush like this.

“How old are you?” Kibum asked.

“23, you?”

“22, Jonghyun...Hyung.” He snickered. His voice sounded heavenly when he called him that.

“You know…” Kibum started. Jonghyun gulped as he saw Kibum look him up down as if he was checking him out.

“I think your cute.” He finished. He was biting his lip and was leaning on his hands supported by his elbows.

“W-what?” Jonghyun said wide eyed.

“I think your very cute, Hyung.”

Jonghyun choked on one of the tapioca balls and had a coughing fit.

“Hmmm, maybe I read the signs wrong. It was worth a shot.” Kibum said standing up shrugging.

“Wait-wait!” Jonghyun said catching him by the hand but immediately let go once he realized that he just touched his crush. He just turned around and smacked himself on the forehead.

“So…maybe I did read them right?” Kibum smirked.

“Would you like my number?” He continued.

“Yes, please.” Jonghyun nodded frantically.

Kibum held out his hand waiting for Jonghyun to put his phone in it. He scrambled for his phone out of his pocket and quickly gave it to him. 

“You’re shy. I think that’s cute too.” He said handing his phone back.

Usually he felt ashamed at how shy and quiet he was, but maybe it wasn’t as embarrassing as he thought it was.

“Text me?” Kibum said smiling before spinning around and walking behind the counter to assist a costumer that just came in.

Jonghyun nodded and turned around to smile to himself.  

He melted at the thought of Kibum actually communicating with him outside of the Boba shop.

Kibum just seemed so nice and sweet.

 

 

-

 

 

 

Hey

 

 

Jonghyun typed. After gaining a bit of confidence after giving himself a pep talk he finally sent Kibum a message...after a week.

 

 

Jonghyun Hyung? Is this you?? Kekeke~

 

 

Jonghyun gulped. He even typed cute.

 

 

Yes. How are you? 

 

 

He said plainly. He wasn’t the best texter.

 

 

Happy^^ I have been waiting for you to txt me~ I thought you forgot about me :((

 

 

Jonghyun’s eyebrows rose. Had he really been waiting for him? He was such a nervous reck after their encounter he even avoided the Boba Cafe.

 

 

Really?  I’m sorry. 

 

 

He scratched his chin. He hoped Kibum still wanted to talk to him.

 

 

Don’t apologize silly ^_^

 

 

Ah, he was relieved that he wasn’t mad at him. 

 

 

Can I take you out? 

 

 

He took him almost five minutes to muster up the courage to ask him that. 

 

 

On a date?? :-0

 

 

Jonghyun’s heart skipped a beat.

 

 

Yes. 

 

 

He waited for a response. 

 

 

Ofc Hyung~ I’m excited ^^

 

 

Jonghyun smiled.

 

 

I’ll pick you up after work Friday? 

 

 

 He hoped he didn’t sounds creepy. He noticed Kibum usually worked on Fridays.

 

 

Yes!!!

 

 

-

 

 

 

Friday came. Today was the day.

Jonghyun took one last look at himself in the mirror before heading off to pick Kibum up.

He dressed simply usually. He had long brown hair that he wore down, rarely did he style it up. He slipped into a nice simple sweater with jeans and wore chucks. Jonghyun thought he looked rather plain, but Kibum said he was cute. So he must be attractive right? 

Jonghyun wasn’t always lucky in the love department. Rarely did he date. 

He was just too shy and unconfident. It also didn’t help that he actually enjoyed his own company which led him to spend a lot of his time alone. But these days he wished to spoil someone else, yearning to love and take care of someone else. Maybe Kibum would be that person? He wasn’t sure, but it was worth a shot.

He wanted to put himself out there and take a chance. Even though Kibum kind of came to him first, but at least he didn’t run away!

 

He made his way to the Boba shop. He entered only seeing a few costumers sitting around in the shop. He spotted Kibum behind the counter taking a costumers order. He flashed him a smile when he spotted him, Jonghyun smiled back awkwardly.

Once the costumer was gone Kibum quirked a finger at him asking him to come here. 

When he get to the counter he leaned in close to him whispering.

“I’m clocking out in five minutes. Here.” 

Kibum scooted him a Boba drink across the counter.

“On the house.” He grinned.

“What flavor is this?” Jonghyun asked.

“Try it!” Kibum said before twirling around to start making another drink.

 He sipped.

“Mmm, chocolate.” He hummed to himself. It was sweet.

He sat down at a table patiently waiting for him to get off work. He watched as he took off his apron he wore and walked into the back room.

He came out in a completely different set of clothing. 

“I brought a change of clothes.” Kibum smiled.

Kibum was so nice to look at.

He wore a red beanie on his brightly colored hair. He wore jeans but they were ripped and had many holes in them, Jonghyun knew that was the style, but he rarely wore pants like that. He also wore a bright red and blue jackets and a white shirt underneath that said 'FREAKS' across it in big black bold letters. 

Kibum definitely was an eye catcher. 

“Wow.” He said out loud not realizing. 

“What?” Kibum said looking himself over .

“Oh nothing, sorry. I didn’t know you dressed like this.” He said. 

Kibum rose an eyebrow at him.

“Is it a problem?” He asked with suspicion in his voice.

“N-no! Of course not! I like it. You look great.” He said trying to quickly recover.

Jonghyun didn’t know Kibum well and had this image in his head of a young sweet innocent Kibum. So to see him dressed like this kind of altered his initial image of him. But it wasn’t bad per say. Just surprising.

“Good.” Kibum said a matter of factly.

“So where are we going?” The younger asked as they made there way out of the shop.

“Well I wanted to take you out to eat. Is that okay? We can sit and talk and get to know each other.” Jonghyun said hoping that Kibum wouldn’t stand him up for doing something so boring. 

“Honestly...that’s sounds amazing.” Kibum cheered.

 Jonghyun was shocked. He thought it was such a boring idea but he wasn’t sure what else to do. Since he didn’t go in dates often he wasn’t sure what popular things there were to do for couples in his town.

“Great.”

 

They two went to a nice small eatery about twenty minutes away. It had a nice menu of food and they sat next to a window with a nice view. It was one of Jonghyun's favorite restaurants, so he hoped his date would like it. Kibum led most of the conversation and kept it going. He was very talkative and expressive, the complete opposite of what he thought he was. Jonghyun liked people like this, it was such a contrast to his personality. Sometimes people like that could tire him out, but from Kibum it amused him.

He found out that Kibum was finishing up his last year of university and had this side job to make extra money. He was studying Art. He himself had graduated last year and was already in the work force working as a Editor for a book company. He loved to read even though most considered this pretty boring. He has written a few stories of his own, but he wanted to publish his own book some day. A book full of stories and poems he had tucked away for a few years. He showed him some of his art work on his phone, he was truly talented.

Jonghyun stared at Kibum dazedly as he admired they way he talked with such passion.

“You really don’t talk much do you?” Kibum snickered.

“Sorry, I don’t.” He shrugged. 

“Why?” 

The question was so simple but it made Jonghyun freeze and think for a bit. No one really asked him why, that usually just poked fun at him or said “That’s just Jonghyun”.

“Hmm. People don’t usually want to hear what I have to say.” He said frankly.

“That’s terrible.” 

“No, it’s fine. I don’t have anything important to say usually.” He said looking up thoughtfully.

Kibum frowned.

“That can’t be true. I’m sure you certainly do. Even if you didn’t, it still isn’t fair for people to treat you like that!” Kibum said sounding like he was annoyed.

“I’ll listen to whatever you have to say!” He finished and then angrily chewing on his food.

Jonghyun smiled.

 

 

-

 

 

The two had gone out on more dates here and there for next few months, each time Jonghyun tried to be more creative than the last time. They often texted each other when their lives got too busy but when they could, they would met up and went out on dates. Kibum tried to to take him out but Jonghyun preferred spoiling Kibum instead. He was definitely an introvert but he enjoyed his time with Kibum. He was energetic and a hot head, but thats what made him him. Every time they hung out his initial image of him was dissipating more and more. But he didn’t mind, the real Kibum was definitely more interesting than the one he created in his head. He will never judge a book by it’s cover again.

Currently he was on his way to visit Kibum for the first time at his apartment. He had asked the blonde out on a date, but Kibum said he was sad and didn’t feel like going out but didn’t protest to seeing him. He admitted that he was sad because he didn’t do well on his last exam and he was stressed because he needed to re-take it to fix his grade. Jonghyun understood that feeling all too well.

He went by the store to pick up some flowers, a card, and stopped by the Boba Cafe to pick up his favorite Boba drink. Maybe his gifts weren’t enough, he just didn’t want to see his crush un-happy. Hopefully it would bring a smile to his face.

He knocked and waited patiently for Kibum to answer the door with his gifts hiding behind his back.

“Hey, Jjong.” Kibum said sulkily when he opened the door to his place.

“Hey, Bummie.” They had resorted to calling each other cute pet names. And it never ceased to make Jonghyun’s heart jump a little.

“I’m sorry about your test Bum. I know you’ll do better on the next one,“ He said while coming in and placing his gifts on his coffee table.

“I got you flowers, a card, and your favorite drink-“ He was cut short by a tight back hug from the younger. Kibum had wrapped his arms around him to the middle of his torso and laid his head on the back of his shoulder. 

“Thank you so much, Jjong. This really means a lot.” Kibum’s voice was wavering and he sounded like he was about to cry. Jonghyun spun around in the hug and wrapped his arms back around him. He wasn’t sure if the gifts would make him happy, but now he’s glad he got them.

 

 

-

 

 

“Jjongie, what’s this?” As time had gone by they had grown more comfortable with each other, so it was no surprise when Kibum’s curiosity got the best of him and he found a book on his Jonghyun’s work desk in his room. The younger had been at his place a few times and he never failed to venture into his room as he claimed that’s where most of Jonghyun’s ‘personality’ was. Meaning that was the most decorated part of Jonghyun’s apartment.

Kibum had found Jonghyun’s lyric book.

“Nosey aren’t we?” Jonghyun said. Kibum’s nose crinkled when he smiled at his comment.

“It’s my lyric book.” He stated as he sat next to him on his bed.

“Lyric book? You write songs?” Kibum said in awe.

“Sometimes. I am a writer, it’s only natural that I write song’s as well.” He joked.

“That’s amazing! Can I read a few of them?” Jonghyun didn’t think it was that amazing, it was just a hobby he enjoyed.

“The lyric’s are beautiful.” He said after a few minutes of silence as he took some time to read through and comprehend them. 

“Thank you. Some of the lyric's come from stories I wrote.”

“That's so cool!...So if you write songs this must mean you can sing?” He continued.

“Mmm hardly. It’s just a hobby.” Jonghyun actually loved to sing, but he never took it too seriously. He heard he had a good voice, but he rather focused on writing the words rather than singing them.

Their hands were lying next to each other and Kibum shyly intertwined his pinky with his. Jonghyun’s heart skipped a beat.

“I hoped to hear you sing one day.” Kibum said scooting closer. 

“Umm y-yea.” Jonghyun was becoming nervous, he was getting so close.

He noticed Kibum staring at him intensely as he bite his lip. He felt hot.

The younger placed a hand lightly on the side of his face to turn it to look at him. He was even more beautiful up close, his eyes flickered down to his heart shaped lips.

He watched as he saw him close his eyes and lean in closer. Kibum wanted a kiss!

The most the two had done was hold hands and hug. Jonghyun was absolutely too shy to make a move on him nor did he want to rush their budding relationship.

But if Kibum wanted a kiss he was definitely going to give it to him.

Jonghyun leaned in to close the gap between the two and let their lips meet and dance. It was slow and sensual, Jonghyun couldn’t remember the last time he had kissed someone like this. It had been too long.

 The kiss started to turn aggressive when Kibum added tongue. A major turn on for Jonghyun. But he realized he needed to stop when he felt heat pulling to his stomach.

“Umm, H-hey Kibum. We should slow down. Yea, let’s slow down.”

Kibum pulled back with a look of lust in his eyes.

“You sure?” He asked seductively when his hands wandered lower and lower…he knew where he was reaching to.

“Y-yes! I don’t want to rush anything.” Jonghyun said quickly jumping up before he could touch that one area.

Kibum laughed.

“You are too cute for words, Jjong. But sure, we can take it slower than we already are.” Kibum grinned.

“I-I’m going to the bathroom.” Jonghyun said abruptly walking stifly to his destination. 

He heard the latter laughing at him loudly.

 

 

-

 

 

“You should come meet my friends today!” Kibum exclaimed. The were video chatting as Kibum was getting ready to meet his friends. 

Jonghyun was just laying in bed when he received a call from his crush. He didn’t work today and thought about staying in and relaxing and possible inviting Kibum over. He had gotten used to being around the younger these days. He made his days seem brighter, especially since work has been stressing him out more than usual.

“Mmm. I don’t know…” It’s not that he didn’t want to…he was just shy. Plus he wasn’t all that great at being social. What if his friends didn’t like him?

“Come on Jjong it will be fun! We’re going down town to the club! Drink and live a little. Your definitely coming.” 

Jonghyun didn’t necessarily drink much. He had wine here and there with Kibum, but aside from that he didn’t prefer the taste of alcohol all that much.

“Do you really want me to come?” 

“I really do.” He said smiling brightly at the phone.

“Well okay.”

What did he have to loose?

 

Jonghyun met Kibum down town later that evening. He wasn’t really sure what to wear as he had only been to the club once or twice. He opted for an all black look. Just back pants, shirt, and a black leather jacket Kibum picked out for him a few weeks ago. He said it gave him a ‘bad boy’ look. 

He saw Kibum standing around with three other guys. He didn’t know it was going to be that many people, well to him it was a lot of people. He was starting to feel a little nervous.

“Hyung! Over here!” He saw Kibum waved.

He gulped, Kibum looked so good. He styled his hair up, which he had yet to see that style on him but he loved it. He wore his tight ripped pants (he was convinced that was all he owned at this point) and fishnet shirt and he also wore a black leather jacket but his was decked out in chains, pins, and patches. When he got up closer he also saw black eyeliner lining his eyes. He had never seen him like this, Kibum surprised him more and more everyday. That ‘innocent Kibum’ image was completely destroyed the moment he laid eyes on him tonight.

Kibum attacked him with a hug but intertwined one of his hands with his even after he released the hug. 

“This is Jinki Hyung, he’s your senior. And these are the young ones, Minho and Taemin!” They all bowed. One was tall with big eyes, one wore a warm smile, and the last one looked pretty young and wore a evil grin. Jonghyun was thankful that he immediately introduced them all so that it lessened most of the awkward tension.

“This is the guy I’ve been talking about.” Kibum said blushing.

“Well aren’t you two cute.” The one names Minho said.

“We’ve hard a lot about you.” Jinki chimed in.

The one named Taemin looked between the two suspiciously.

“I never thought I would see they day where Hyung would settle down. Your not the type he usually goes for but-YAH!“

Kibum immediately stepped on his foot to shut him up.

“Show a little respect Tae. He’s your senior. Remember?” Kibum emphasized. 

“Don’t mind him. He’s a little sometimes.” Kibum said coming closer to Jonghyun and craddling his arm. Jonghyun smiled and waved him off. It was no surprised to see Kibum being friends with someone like Taemin because they younger had times where he was a bit…abrasive as well.

Taemin glared at Kibum.

 

The five all made their way to club that they all took twenty minutes to choose because Minho didn’t want to pay more than thirty dollars for entry, while Jinki wanted to go to the club with the best music, and Taemin wanted to go to the club that had the best drinks. Kibum just wanted to go wherever he could go with the lights dimmed so he and jonghyun could have more alone time.

Jonghyun noticed how closely Kibum stayed glued to him all night. His friends were fairly nice and somewhat easy to talk to, although it was hard to do over the loud music and the tight crowd. He watched as they all took a couple shots, while he declined to take any drinks at all. 

“Jjongie, you sure? Just try one.” He said as he waved a shot in front of his face. “It’s tequila.”

Jonghyun nose scrunched up at the smell of alcohol. But he thought it through. He was already in a club which was definitely out his comfort zone, he might as well take in the whole experience right? Besides Kibum looked so happy to have him out the house he didn’t want to bore him or look like he wasn’t having fun. 

Jonghyun sighed and took a deep breathe before he grabbed the shot from him and quickly downed the drink. His chest started burning and he started coughing. Kibum rubbed his back and laughed, he was so close to him that he was practically sitting in his lap. Somehow Kibum’s friends were able to coax him into two more shots. The shots were strong and he wasn’t a drinker so it didn’t take much for him to feel tipsy. But with this alcohol in him he felt a boost of confidence, so when Kibum asked him to come to the dance floor with him he did not hesitate. He didn’t dance either but when Kibum swayed his hips he couldn’t help but to join. All the stress and thoughts of work were completely gone as he focused on the man in front of him. Kibum just looked so alluring and tempting under the clubs lights. They danced for a little while until he felt like he could no longer handle Kibum anymore. The tension between the two grew more and more through out the night.

The finally left the club around 3am, all of Kibum’s friends were all pretty loud and rowdy as everyone had been drinking. They were figuring out their on how to get home when Kibum turned to him.

“Jjong, do you want to spend the night at my place tonight? I live closer here than you do and it’s pretty late. I don’t want you to travel all the way to your place so late.” Kibum said finishing with a lip bite. It was a habit he did that Jonghyun loved.

Spend the night? Hmmm was this a good idea?  They hadn’t done that yet.  Jonghyun could handle himself. He wasn’t drunk but he still had a slight buzz, Kibum on the other hand still looked pretty tipsy. Maybe it was best to help him get home...but spend the night?

“Well...I guess.” He said.

“Great! Bye everyone! I’ll see you all next time!” Kibum said grabbing Jonghyun’s hand and pulling him off as he flagged down the next available Taxi that came near them. It happened so fast Jonghyun barley got to say goodbye to his friends but left with a half- bow.

 

Once they got to his place Jonghyun had to help Kibum settle into bed as he was stumbling around. He knew Kibum wanted to more than just sleep when they laid down. They made out for a little while when Jonghyun felt Kibum’s hands rub up and down his body sensually. 

“Ya...Bummie...I think it’s best if you go to sleep. You're still a little drunk.”  He said between kisses.

“Ugh, your no fun.” He whined.

Jonghyun frowned.

“Well did you have fun with me tonight at least?” He said as he gingerly played with the Youngers hair. The way he was looking at him with dazed eyes made him made him want to give Kibum exactly what he wanted. But not yet.

“Of course. Thanks for coming out. You looked happy.” He said sleepily.

“I’ve been happier since I met you.” Jonghyun admitted. He gave him one last kiss and let Kibum fall into dream land as he cuddled him and eventually let his mind drift off to sleep too.

 

-

 

Jonghyun came to the shop as his presence was requested by none other than his crush.

Kibum texted him to come down and try out a new flavor the shop just added. 

When he entered he practically saw Kibum’s face lit up. When there were no costumers left at the counter Jonghyun decided to make his way up there.

“Hey.” He said.

“Hey.” He smiled widely showing off his dimples. He slide him a drink across the counter. 

“Try it.” He encouraged.

“Don’t you think I should start paying?” He whispered.

“It’s fine. My manager is never clocked in when I’m here. Besides I’m the best barista here, they won’t fire me.” He said confidently.

“Now try it.” 

The drink was green. Jonghyun took a sip and hummed again the new sweet taste.

“Matcha?” 

“Yep! What do you think?” 

“I like it. Especially when you make these for me.” He says truthfully. Something about having his crush make his drinks just made it all the more sweeter.

“Have a seat. My break is in a couple of minutes.” He said excitedly.

Jonghyun did as he was told and picked a table that wasn’t too far from Kibum, but not too close to where he could distract him.

He preoccupied himself with a game on his phone as he finished his drink and waiting for the younger to join him. 

He was really happy he finally spoke to the blonde. He felt like he had something new to look forward to these days. And he brought such a vibrant energy to his life. He was different. And maybe that’s what he needed.

“My friends like you.” Kibum said as he sat down abruptly startling him. 

“Really? We didn’t get to talk much because the music was so loud and everything.”

“Well, they see I’m happy so they figured you must be a nice guy.” He said looking at him softly. 

“I’m happy too.”

Kibum’s hand was laid out on the table next to his. Kibum slowly intertwined their fingers at the tips and watched him blushed. 

Jonghyun laughed.

The ever so confident and boisterous Kibum was shy. 

“Why are you laughing?” He pouted.

“No reason.” He shrugged. 

“Tell me about your day then.” Kibum asked. 

“It was boring really.”

“Well I still want to hear about it.” 

Kibum always looked interested in what Jonghyun said as if he was the most interesting person in the world. He always gave him his undivided attention and engaged in him which made him not mind sharing more of his thoughts. It felt nice to be listened too. He had a great position at his job and worked his off to get where he was now, but most times he felt like people always did what he told them to do just because of his position, not because they were interested in what he had to say or wanted to actually listen to him. Once he was done talking about his day they ended up in a comfortable silence where he took the time to look at and admire the boy infront of him. 

Kibum was smiling as he looked at their still interlocked hands. He started humming and he wasn’t sure if Kibum realized he was doing it. Jonghyun wanted to do just about anything to keep that smile on his face like that.

“Let’s go to the park after you get off.” He suggested.

“Really?”

“Yea. I remember you said you wanted to go to the new park that opened up downtown. And I’ll stop and buy you food too, I’m sure your hungry after working for so long.”

“Okay.” Kibum said meekly. His smile grew even wider to the point he covered it behind his hand, too shy to let Jonghyun see his happiness. 

 

 

-

 

 

Kibum was a huge flirt. Something he did not expect from the younger.

He often threw hints more often than not. Sometimes it made Jonghyun uncomfortable. Not because he didn’t like it, but because he wanted to do the things Kibum hinted at. But he never gave in. He knew why he hadn’t but he had yet to tell Kibum why.

After going to the club an md spending the night together he felt Kibum started throwing even more painfully obvious hints. Even saying his thoughts quite bluntly.

“Jjong I can’t sleep. Can I come over?”

Jonghyun’s sleepy mind found it hard to process what the younger was saying to him. He was deep into dreamland but was torn from it when his phone rang, completely forgetting to put it on silence and off vibrate.

“What?”

“We both don’t work tomorrow. Can I come over please?” Kibum whined.

Jonghyun looked at the time on his phone. He had to squint as the his eyes were adjusted to the darkness and the brightness from his phone hurt.

“K-kibum it’s 3AM.” He said shocked. What was he doing up so late?

“Pleeeease?” 

Jonghyun could tell he was pouting through the phone. How could he tell him no when he asked so cutely?

“Alright. Do you want me to get you?” He asked. He never let anyone come over to his place so late let alone disturb his sleep. But for Kibum he would.

“Nope! I’ll take a Taxi! I’m already on the way! Leave the door unlocked!” He said before swiftly hanging up.

Jonghyun dragged himself to the living room, unlocked his door and sat on his couch. He the TV to try to force himself to stay awake for his crush. He was dozing off when his door was slammed open.

“Jjong~” He sang.

“How do you have this much energy so late?” The older said standing up and turning around to look at him. Kibum was dressed rather normally for once instead of his usual flashy attire. Made sense since he was only coming to sleep over. He was accompanied by a bag which he assumed were his over night clothes.

He walked toward him to give him a hug and suddenly felt a surge of energy. He was awake now. He felt more energetic around Kibum, he just gave off that sort of vibe.

When he hugged him he realized how nice he smelt and how his hair was a little damp. Did he take a shower right before coming over?

“Let’s head to bed.” Kibum said lowly.

“I thought you said you couldn’t sleep?” 

“Well I can sleep now knowing a strong man is holding me in his arms.” Kibum smirked.

Jonghyun gulped.

Kibum showed himself to his room and made himself comfortable and started being nosey and snooping around Jonghyun’s room as usual.

Jonghyun started tidying up the bed to make room for kibum. He stopped when he felt Kibum’s stare on him.

“What’s wrong?” He asked. He was staring at him biting his lip.

“I didn’t realize how…muscular you were.” He said.

Jonghyun looked down at himself. He was wearing pajama pants and a tank top. He never wore tank tops outdoors as it wasn’t his style, so it made sense that Kibum had never seen his bare arms before.

“Oh, I work out sometimes.” He simply stated. No big deal. He liked to be healthy.

“I love muscular men, especially when they’re…wrapped around me.”

Jonghyun’s eyes grew at the comment, but he didn’t respond.

He was becoming shy seeing the way Kibum was blatantly ogling his arms.

Kibum started stripping out of his clothing and Jonghyun quickly turned his head and closed his eyes. The last thing he needed to see was Kibum. Not in his bedroom at 3Am. 

He heard Kibum giggle. 

His body shivered when he felt Kibum snake his arm from behind him around his torso.

“Let’s go to bed.” The younger whispered in his ear seductively.

He quickly hopped out of Kibum’s arms and jumped into bed trying to pretend he wasn’t nervous when he clearly was. Kibum had this dark look in his eyes as he smiled. 

He wore a very loose T-Shirt that showed of his pale skin and collar bones and of course he wore shorts just to further. Kibum backed up into his body immediately feeling the warmth that he didn’t know he was craving from the younger. He felt his pressed firmly against his crotch, this was going to be a long night.

He was slowly drifting back to sleep at how comfortable he felt. He forgot how nice it felt sleeping next to someone. He usually enjoyed his space, or maybe he just liked sleeping with him?

“Jjong~” He heard him sing.

“Mmm?” He answered sleepily.

“Let’s do…something.”

At these words Jonghyun’s eyes fluttered open. What could he possibly want to do at damn near 4AM?

“I thought you were going to try to go to sleep?” He asked.

Kibum shifted in his arms to face him and started to slowly rub up and down his bare arms softly. 

“I was…but I’m not sleepy anymore.” He said trying to sound innocent.

Oh boy.

Kibum leaned in slowly to press a soft kiss to his lips. He was sad when he pulled away.

“Well umm-what do you want to do?” He asked shakily as Kibum started twirling his fingers in hair.

“What do you think I want to do?” He asked as he started tugging at rim of Jonghyun’s pants with his other hand.

“Uhhh…I-umm…”Jonghyun couldn’t get any words put as he felt Kibum’s fingers ticking just underneath his belly button.

“, Jonghyun. I want to have .” He said in a monotoned voice as he rolled his eyes.

Jonghyun could feel his cheeks heat up and he was sure he was the color of a tomatoe. Kibum waited for a response.

“I uhh, I’m just really tired from work today haha, h-how about another time?” He asked desperately. 

Kibum sighed, but he didn’t appear upset, just a little disappointed. And hurt. But why did he look hurt...?

He gave him a small smile.

“Sure, Jjongie.” 

Jonghyun was happy that Kibum wasn’t angry. Although he was a nervous wreck! 

And he knew Kibum could feel his against his the moment he spun back around, but thankfully he didn’t mention it.

After some time, Kibum eventually fell asleep. It was hard for him because he couldn’t get the images of what they could have done out of his mind. 

 

 

-

 

 

“Are you attracted to me?” Kibum asked suddenly.

Jonghyun gave him a strange look. 

Kibum had stopped by with some Boba, bringing Jonghyun a different flavor this time (Mango to be exact). Jonghyun was working from home today and finished up early. Instead of spending the day to himself, his new normal was hanging out with his crush.

“What?”

“Are you attracted to me...you know, in that way?” He said taking a sip and then chewing on the tapioca pearl.

Suddenly Jonghyun understood that hurt look in his eyes that night. Kibum thought he wasn’t attracted to him!

“Y-yes. Why would you ask me such a thing?” He said blushing hard.

“I don’t know…you just never make moves on me. Like ever.” 

“We kiss.”

“That doesn’t mean you want to have with me, Jonghyun.” He dead panned.

Jonghyun hide his face in his hands. Why was Kibum talking about this right now!?

“Are you a ?” He asked.

Jonghyun snapped his head at him.

“It’s okay if you are. I mean I never been with a before…but I’ll take good care of you!” Kibum said excitedly.

“Ya, I’m not a v-…I’m just not super experienced…”

Kibum looked shocked.

“Sorry for assuming. I’ll admit, I am surprised. Your just so quiet and shy I didn’t imagine that would be something your into.” He said trying to hide his smile,

“Why wouldn’t I? I have needs to you know!” He huffed.

“Then how come we haven’t done anything? You always reject me when I throw out hints…” Now it was Kibum’s turn to be shy. Jonghyun felt bad, he didn’t mean to make him feel unwanted. That wasn’t the case at all.

“Well, we aren’t officially together yet.”

“So?”

Now was the time for him to be brave and tell him how he felt. He grabbed Kibum’s hands and held them in his gingerly and looked him in the eyes. He took a deep breathe before saying his next words.

“Kibum I really like you. Like a lot. I just don’t want to fall too hard for you, and end up getting my feelings hurt when…when you realize you don’t want me and move on.” He admitted.

“Why would you think that?”

“I don’t know. I’m a pretty normal and boring guy. I don’t go out much and I don’t socialize much either. I’m just used to doing things with myself. I just don’t want to bore you. I don’t feel like I have much to offer to you.”

Jonghyun had been afraid to ask him to be his. He knew he wanted the younger, but that didn’t mean he wanted him in return.

Kibum frowned.

“You’re such an idiot.” He said with an expression on his face he couldn’t read.

“Your such a sweet guy. Your the first guy in a long time that hasn’t treated me like a piece of meat but as actual human. I couldn’t remember the last time someone took me out on a date like you did when we first met.”

Jonghyun looked at him with big eyes.

“Your so humble and such a gentleman. Like you haven’t even tried to get me in bed yet. You’re so thoughtful and very talented. Jjong, I really like you too. A lot.” Kibum leaned forward to place a kiss on his lips.

“And your not boring. I think we just need to break you out of your shell some more. That’s all.”

“I like doing new things with you.” Jonghyun said. It was true, Kibum made him try new things and got him out his comfort zone.

And Kibum always praised him, even when he tore himself down. He would listen to him when he spoke and made sure he felt heard. Kibum was also talented and confident had many other attributes about him that he loved.

He had only known him for five months but Jonghyun thought that he had already fallen in love and this was all thanks to the Sweet Boba shop around the corner.

 

“So what do you say? Let's try this whole boyfriend thing out?” Jonghyun said playfully.

“I’ll be honest. I already told my friends we were dating. I was just waiting for you to realize it.” Kibum smirked.

Jonghyun wasn’t even mad at that statement, and he certainly wasn’t mad when Kibum threw another one of his hints…and this time he gave him exactly what he wanted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I just wanted to write a fluffy love story where they met at a Cafe, I hope you guys liked it <3 Tell me what you think :0

 

STREAM AND BUY ADVICE BUY TAEMIN~

Do you guys like the song??? I freaking love it!!!