50 Days of Autumn

50 Days of Autumn
50 days of Autumn

Day 8

"There you are"

Zhou Mi looked beautiful; the soft light settled on his face and his hair stylishly messy. He was curled up in a ball, deep in thought. Kyuhyun settled down quietly beside Zhou Mi, inspecting every facet of Zhou Mi's face.

"Do you think, that everything would be different, if the both of us weren't singers?"

Surprised by the sudden question, Kyuhyun looked at Zhou Mi and said, "of course".

Zhou Mi laughed, the wonderful laugh Kyuhyun had grown accustomed to. He had a laugh more lovely than tinkling christmas bells, a laugh that never failed to lighten up the mood in the room, a laugh that brought a smile to Kyuhyun's face - all the time. 

Zhou Mi looked up from the floor, his eyes red and swollen, and Kyuhyun knew he had been crying earlier on.

He would have said, "Would we be possible then? Would it be possible to walk on the streets, fingers laced together? Would it be possible to we wake up in the same bed, breakfast served on a table for two? Would it be possible to finally be who we want to be?" if not for the weary look in Kyuhyun's eyes.

Day 47

Zhou Mi stretched out alongside of Kyuhyun, wrapped his arms around the younger's waist, and held him against his long length. 

"Would you ever leave me?" Kyuhyun asked, face still burrowed in the hollow of Zhou Mi's shoulder. 

Zhou Mi traced his thumb along the line of Kyuhyun's jaw, finally resting on the chin and tilted his head up slightly. "Of course not," he murmured. Before leaning in to place a kiss on Kyuhyun's forehead.  

-

As soon as Zhou Mi was sure that Kyuhyun was asleep, he extracted his hand from Kyuhyun's waist and crept quietly out of the bed. He tucked Kyuhyun in gently, careful, so as to not wait him up. It was only sleep that could bring his lover back to the peaceful state he had used to be in and he made sure Kyuhyun got enough of that. Lastly, he tilted inwards and placed a soft kiss on Kyuhyun’s cheek, before leaving.

He never turned back.

Day 50

Kyuhyun sat alone, in white, shaking.