On my way (Jaeno/Nomin one shot)

On My Way (Jaeno one shot )

Everything changed the night Jeno announced that he had a partner , Jaemin and Jeno had been friends since they were 14 years old . Their friendship was described as a trail of roses and it seemed as if nothing would get between them , at least - that's what many thought. Jaemin was originally a bright and cheerful boy who loved biking and chugging strong coffee at cafes , while Jeno was the friend that would be dragged wherever just so his friend could be satisfied. 

 

However , ever since Jeno's announcement , everything started crashing down. For days on end , Jaemin would go missing from school. His perfect attendance and record now shattered and tossed aside like trash , even when he did return home ; he was always locked up in his room alone. 

 

With his deepest and darkest thoughts for company.

 

Despite how much his friends tried to break through to him , he never showed any sign of that kind young boy that he once was. Even Jeno started to take notice of the changes , how Jaemin would reject his calls and ignore him when they met. How he once found their matching clothes shoved into the trash bin downstairs . How Jaemin would avoid him whenever he could like the plague. 

 

Enough was enough. 

 

 

"Na Jaemin , where the heck are you?! " 

 

Jeno yelled through gritted teeth as the line finally connected after multiple attempts , but the voice on the other end was one that the burgundy haired boy wasn't familiar with. 

 

"Ah you're Nana's friend? He's passed out at **** come pick him up would cha? We gotta leave already . " 

 

The stranger mumbled through loud blaring music as Jeno huffed before dashing down the street and making his way to the club the stranger told him about . The wave of alcohol was enough to let him know he had arrived at the right place , along with erratic music ; was enough for Jeno to be sure . 

 

Pushing his way through the swaying bodies , Jeno finally found a familiar person slumped over the counter. That smooth raven black hair , plump cherry shade lips and chiseled features. It was Na Jaemin alright. 

 

"Wake up Jaemin , you're drunk. Let's go home already. " 

Grabbing the groggy boys' items , Jeno yelled through the blasting music in the background as the slumped figure stirred briefly before sitting up. The stench of alcohol radiating off of him as Jaemin turned to look over at the burgundy haired boy . 

 

"Why did you come here anyways , I'm not going home with you. " 

Jaemin growled as he narrowed his eyes at the other , his own words stinging his tongue as they left his lips. Just seeing those soft eyes change into one of hurt pained him , but Jaemin could no longer hold back his anger and feeling of betrayal. 

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮?

 

"Why are you acting like this?! Why are you allowing yourself to waste away like this?! " 

Jeno yelled angrily as he slammed a hand on the counter , shaking the glass of whisky that Jaemin had just filled up. The blue haired boy just ignored the other as he picked up the glass , before he could even have a sip ; it was swiftly snatched from him as he watched the other down it in a single gulp. 

 

"Stop drinking and let's go, you don't have any left and I know it. " 

Jeno said sternly as a deep scowl formed on Jaemin's face , getting off his seat , Jeno was roughly dragged by the wrist to the back where it was just the two of them . His back burned as it was slammed against the wall , causing him to yelp in pain before he felt a pair of eyes glaring at him. 

 

"For the last time...I said off." 

Shoving Jeno once more as he attempted to walk off before feeling a grip on his shirt , though he was in pain ; Jeno wasn't about to let the person he cared so much about walk out of his life like that. He wasn't going to make the same mistake again. 

 

"Why are you behaving like this Jaemin? I know you're not like thi-" 

 

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME! SHUT UP! "

Jaemin shouted as he pulled away , his voice causing the other to flinch in response as his pent up feelings erupted like a volcano that was dormant . 

 

"I want to be happy for you Jeno , I truly do. But I hate it. I hate the idea of you with someone else that isn't me . I know that it's stupid , but I can't help thinking about how that er would hurt you . With his sweet and honey-like words that just masks his knives . " 

Jaemin said bitterly , turning his body to face Jeno as he took a few steps closer to the other. His eyes boring into Jeno's as their faces stood only inches apart , the scent of alcohol almost overpowering as Jaemin continued. 

 

"When will you understand it Jeno?" 

Tilting his head slightly as those bright hazel orbs looked into Jeno's so tenderly and entrancing , his fingers gently tracing the others neck as his arm s around the burgundy haired boys' waist. 

 

"When will you understand that we are no longer naive kids...? " 

His voice was hoarse and raspy as Jeno gulped instinctively , he could see his whole being reflected in those eyes. As if he was the only one Jaemin could see in his world. 

 

"That it's more than just friendship that I feel for you...I want you , I want us . Is that wrong of m-"

The music around them faded into the background as Jaemin felt a pair of lips hushing his own , his words sinking while his eyes widened. Jeno was kissing him , it was something he had longed for so long. And now it was happening. 

 

"I stopped being naive long ago Jaemin. And I know you have too. He broke up with me a while ago but I just didn't have the guts to tell you. " 

Sighing briefly as he looked up lovingly at the blue haired male , Jeno had always known that the one he truly loved was Jaemin. But he feared that if he ever did confess his love , he would be rejected and that their friendship would be broken forever. 

 

If only he had just admitted to himself sooner. 

 

"But I don't regret telling you now either. I know I'm late but would you still want to love someone like me?" 

His words soft and true as he shut his eyes , awaiting an answer from the other. 

 

And he got it. 

 

Their lips were interlocked in a passionate kiss , a kiss that was hungry for affection from one another. Their love that had blossomed over the years , through the happiness and sorrow ; the two have finally reunited and became one. 

 

"𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘑𝘦𝘯𝘰. "

 

"𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘑𝘢𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘯. "