thanks for taking care of me

thanks for taking care of me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Thanks for taking care of me, unnie,” Minjoo muttered and gave Chaeyeon a weak smile. Her voice was hoarse and her skin warm. The visual spent fifteen hours straight practicing for their comeback that she caught a fever from overworking herself. 

 

Chaeyeon replaced the cool cloth on Minjoo’s forehead and frowned down at her, “It’s no trouble at all.” she said, urging the visual to lean forward so she could puff the pillow behind her. “This is why it’s important to not overwork yourself.” The older girl couldn’t help but lecture her.

 

Minjoo looked up at her and pouted, purposely making her bottom lip quiver --a trick she learned from her fellow 01 liners-- and said with the most pathetic sounding voice she could muster, “B-but unnie, I just want to make you-- I mean, all of you, proud!” 

 

“Yah, you already make us proud.” The main dancer told her softly, giving her a fond smile. “You improve more and more every single day!” she told the younger girl, sitting down beside her blanket-covered form. 

 

“I know, but still…” Minjoo looked away and averted eye contact, “I want to be better so that I don’t bring everyone down.” she lowered her head at that admission and fiddled with her fingers.

 

Chaeyeon placed her hand on top of Minjoo’s and softly whispered, “I don’t think you could let us down even if you tried.” she gave the younger girl a bright smile and squeezed her hands tightly before letting go and standing back up.

 

“Okay!” she clapped and gathered the basin full of water, “The other girls have to back to practice and I volunteered to stay behind and look after you.” 

 

“But unnie! I can take care of myself, you can go with the others to practice!” Minjoo tried protesting but she started coughing in the middle of her sentence and reluctantly accepted the glass of water Chaeyeon offered her. 

The dancer took back the empty glass and made a mental note to fill it back up. “You should rest and I’ll wake you up in a couple of hours for when you need to take another dose of your medicine.” 

 

“How about you? What are you going to do while I sleep?” Minjoo asked her, she was trying her best to fight her eyes from closing and refraining from cringing at the pounding headache she had. 

 

“I’ll clean up your dorm. I don’t know how you guys live in this mess.” Chaeyeon grimaced at the reminder that the upper dorm looked like a flea market during a sale. “Don’t worry about me and just rest.” 

 

“Okay…” The visual reluctantly snuggled herself deeper into the blankets and closed her eyes to give herself a rest from the drowsiness she was feeling. “Minnight, unnie,” she mumbled out and went out like a light.

 

Chaeyeon stared at the sleeping visual and instinctively gave a soft smile. Minjoo really worked too hard sometimes that she more often than not forgets to take care of herself. She sighed to herself and stood up in order to get started with cleaning up the kitchen and living room.

 

The main dancer stared at the mess the upper dorm left in their kitchen, pots, and pans, plates, and utensils all cluttered around the sink. She shook her head and wondered how the girls haven’t had an infestation yet. 

 

While cleaning up the mess, her mind wandered over to the sick girl peacefully sleeping and remembered how Minjoo would always gravitate towards her whenever she would need someone to take care of her. 

 

Don’t get her wrong, the visual was one of the members who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter