2/2

About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't know why I agreed on playing this game. I have a paper due tomorrow and it is not going to do itself. Yet here I am, sitting at the party playing truth or dare with the other six girls.

 

All of this is too overwhelming, this game, paper due tomorrow, kissing Soojin earlier...

 

I'm sitting in the middle of the living room with an empty plastic up in my hands. Pretty sure I'm tipsy.

 

"Let's play truth or dare!" Jimin says.

 

Jaehee starts skipping over, dodging through the other girls to find a place to sit. Hyewon and Jihyo follow after her, visibly holding hands and dragging one another. Soon after, the rest of the girls began sitting down on the couch or the floor.

 

"Is everyone playing?" Jiyoon asks. Many different responses come in, from Soojin's little nod to Jaehee's cheering to Jimin's smirks.

 

Hyewon went first after losing in rock, paper, scissors and picked dare. Jimin walked over to Hyewon and whispered the dare in her ear. We were all confused when the girl turned bright red, gulping and almost begging not to say. "Nope, you have to tell me!"

 

Hyewon sighed, "...fine" she grabbed her phone and began typing away. She sent a text message to Jimin and immediately hid away. Jimin whipped out her phone and read the message with a sly grin. "Gosh... I knew it. You're so whipped." Does Hyewon like someone?

 

"Soojin unnie's next!" Jihyo exclaimed and ignored the other two.

 

"Truth or dare?"

 

"Dare." Soojin instantly responded, shocking some of us. Jiyoon, Jaehee and Jimin begin snickering and laughing with one another. "Drunk Soojin is a risky Soojin, huh?" Jimin teases.

 

"Shut up, just give me a dare." Soojin rolls her eyes as the other three from before whisper to one another.

 

"I dare you to makeout with someone in the closet, anyone of your choice." I can see everyone grinning as Soojin glances at them. Kiss someone of her choice? If she chose someone that wasn't me, isn't that like two timing? No, but we're not dating...

 

She kissed me earlier. Was it just to play with me? Did she just want to kiss for fun? That must be it. She's drunk anyways.

 

Soojin looked away from them and turned around. We locked eyes as she slowly rose from the couch. I froze as I could feel six pairs of eyes on me. I took a deep breath in as she gestured for me to come with her inside the closet.

 

Jiyoon points towards the closet in her bedroom. It feels like less than a second, and we're already inside the small closet with the door shut behind them.

 

I was locked inside my friend's closet with my best friend who I've just kissed earlier.

 

It's almost pitch black, although there's a bit of light from Jiyoon's bedroom through the little spaces between the door and the floor. Even though it is dark inside the closet, I could see Soojin her lips. I felt her breath exhaling against me, my heart beating so hard. Gosh, I'm so in love with her...

 

Soojin kisses me.

 

crashes against mine, needy and desperate as she pushes me backwards and against the wall. I make a little noise of surprise against her lips. I really can't think, breathe, I can't do anything in general. I tried to keep up, but I even had a hard time processing that I'm kissing Soojin.

 

She clumsily puts her hands in my hair. She tastes like strawberries and I can't get enough. I never knew I'd become so addicted to strawberries. My hands gravitate towards Soojin's waist. Her tongue brushing against my bottom lip as I squeezed her waist from the unexpected feeling. I almost froze and stuttered. The low noise Soojin makes into my mouth sends chills down my spine. This was too good to be real.

 

I began gaining courage as Soojin gasps into the kiss when I on her bottom lip. Soojin's hands moved from my hair to the back of my neck, she began tugging and pulling closer.

 

How am I supposed to look Soojin in the eye again? What happens tomorrow at school? Soojin will go back to normal, she probably won't remember a single thing. Then there's me. I won't go back to normal, I'll remember every single thing.

 

『••✎••』

 

soojin. soojin. soojin.

 

All of my thoughts were occupied by everything that happened at the party. I remember her arms that were around me as we hugged. I can still recall how her soft lips lingered on mine. My mind is filled with her. Everything about her.

 

I almost forgot how Soojin was drunk and that she probably won't remember.

 

"Ssong, what's wrong? I heard Soojin ask from beside me. The seven of us all sat down at the picnic table behind the school, eating our lunches together. "Do you remember anything from last night?" I asked, trying my best to stay calm and have a neutral facial expression.

 

I felt disappointed and almost frowned when Soojin shook her head. Of course...

 

Why does the world have to be so cruel?

 

"Why? Do you remember?" She asked. I hesitate, opening and closing my mouth a couple of times. I could feel the stares of the other five girls at the table, their expressions showing pity, sympathy and others.

 

"Uhm... not really," I asked while looking away.

 

The silence was eating me up. I shut my eyes, desperately trying to escape from this mentally, although that was clearly impossible.

 

I looked back at Soojin to see her already staring at me. I felt my mind going hazy, everything around me except Soojin became blurry as I held my breath. I almost forgot about the situation at hand for a second. How could I stay calm when she has the cutest smile on her face? I finally looked away, not wanting to keep the awkward eye contact.

 

Silence.

 

An awkward and uncomfortable silence engulfs the picnic table. The rest of the girls were scrolling through their phones, some starting a new conversation and laughing lightly.

 

After a while, everyone started to leave for their next class, leaving just Soojin and I. I could feel her staring at me nervously. I sighed, knowing that she must have noticed me trying to avoid her.

 

I look at her, raising my eyebrows as she shakes her head. She takes my hand from underneath the table. It hasn't even been a long time, but I can't help but think about how I've missed her. Unknown to the other girl, I was making a big deal out of holding hands.

 

"Soeunie," she ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter