fin.

this is how you fall in love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
This is how you fall in love

 

Minjoo stirred as she woke up from her sleep. She sat properly after sleeping in an uncomfortable position while stifling a yawn. She looked around, it was dawn and the sun was about to rise. She felt the car stop and looked at the driver confused.

 

“Oh, you’re awake! We just arrived.” Minjoo was about to ask her about where they are but the taller already hopped off the car and retrieved their stuff from the backseat. She grabbed her phone and opened the door, she shivered as she felt the morning breeze. She saw Yujin carrying their things towards a small house where they were going to stay. Yujin fumbled with the key into the doorknob and opened the door widely for them.

 

“So this was my grandparents’ house. I used to come here during summer when I was a kid.” Yujin said while dropping their things on the table. Minjoo scanned all over the place, it isn’t that big but it’s very cozy. She peeked at the window nearby, it’s foggy outside and the sun is just about to rise.

 

“Hey, would you like some coffee? I don’t think I can fall asleep right now.” Minjoo told the taller as she searches for the instant coffee packets they bought. “Yes, please. The best view of the sunrise is at the balcony, by the way, figured you’d want to know.” Yujin winked at her and excused herself to go to the bathroom. Minjoo chuckled and proceeded to prepare their coffees.

 

Minjoo walked towards the balcony carrying two mugs of coffee and placed the one for Yujin down on the table. She feels cold, the fogginess reduced, and can be able to see few houses around and people doing their job. She sat down and took a sip of the bitter drink and looked up the sky watching the sunrise with a smile. Yujin then came and sat beside her, grabbing the mug with her left hand and placed the other one around her shoulders.

 

“Thanks for the coffee.” The taller greeted with a peck on her cheeks. Minjoo gave her a soft smile and laid her head on her shoulder. It was quiet, all they hear was the sound of the birds and crickets. A comfortable silence, just the two of them casually sipping their coffee while watching the sun meets the sky.

 

What a good thing to start the day.

 

 

 

 

 

“The food was delicious.”

 

They are currently cleaning the kitchen after eating the food Yujin bought from a famous diner in the village. They tried to cook but sadly the appliances in the house aren’t working anymore so they settled on buying their breakfast instead.

 

“I bought it from my uncle’s diner. His diner is quite famous in town.” She proudly bragged. “We should eat breakfast there tomorrow!” She exclaimed. “I love their food, it’s the best here.”

 

“Better than the one’s from the city?” Minjoo asked

 

“You’ll know that once we eat there tomorrow,” Yujin said, splashing a small amount of water to Minjoo.

 

 

 

 

 

“Well, that was exhausting.” Yujin huffed as she fell on the couch—panting. Minjoo suggested cleaning the house since they would be staying here for 3 days. The house is also occupied by cobwebs and dust so she asked Yujin to help her. Yujin wants to decline but she’s too whipped for the girl.

 

“Yah, we’re staying here for a few days so might as well have a hygienic household.” Minjoo retorted, gulping from her water bottle before giving the remaining to the taller. Minjoo sat down and rested on Yujin, exhaustion hitting her.

 

“We’re here for 3 days and 4 night’s right?” she asked glancing at Yujin. “Yeah, we go back on the 4th day.” The taller answered, putting the bottle aside and laid her head on Minjoo’s lap.

 

Yujin planned this trip for them as a celebration for passing the exam. They need a break after all those sleepless nights reviewing and cramming. Yujin then remembered the town where her grandparents used to live and asked her parents for approval of staying there with Minjoo for a few days. They were ecstatic when her parents agreed.

 

“There are a lot of things to do here. But let’s sleep for now, that 2-hour drive is killing me.” Yujin whined.

 

“Really? More than cleaning.” She teased, squinting her eyes down on Yujin before squishing her palms on her cheeks.

 

“Oh no, I’ll drive instead.”

 

Minjoo giggled at her response before pushing her off her lap. Yujin winced at her fall before turning to Minjoo. “Hey! What was that for?” she whined.

 

“Take a shower, you smell.” Minjoo teased and stuck her tongue out.

 

 

“Let’s save water.”

 

“No.”

 

“Bummer.”

 

 

_____

 

 

It’s their second day in town and Minjoo is loving it there already. They went to Yujin’s uncle to have a taste of his delightful cooking. Yujin’s uncle was overjoyed after seeing her visit the diner after so many years. Yujin did regret not visiting sooner, she missed her childhood hometown. Her uncle was even happier after introducing Minjoo to him.

 

“It’s been a long time since Yujin visited our town and she even bought someone.” The man teased the two.

 

“I’ve been very busy, uncle.”

 

“Anyway, customers are coming in. It’s nice to meet you Minjoo. Enjoy your breakfast ladies.” The old man said before disappearing into the kitchen. They both devoured their food as soon as the man left. Minjoo’s mouth watered at the food placed on their table. Scrambled eggs, grilled bacon, and one each of grilled sausage, a typical American breakfast.

 

“This is so good!” Minjoo exclaimed, almost choking. Yujin chuckled, passing the glass of water to her.

 

“No one’s going to steal your food Min, eat slowly.”

 

They happily ate while chatting about various topics. Yujin spent the majority of their talk ranting about how much she missed the town and how much had changed, as well as her ideas for what they might do during their stay.Minjoo was typically just eating while listening to whatever the younger girl is saying. She loved the way Yujin talks about her hometown and she can see the gleam in her eyes how much she loves the town.

 

“You should try seeking advice on cooking from your uncle, the food is great,” Minjoo exclaimed, wiping .

 

“I think I should. It will be useful once we live together right?” The younger teased that caused her to blush.

 

“Hmm yeah, I think so. If we’re still roommates.” Minjoo responded.

 

Yujin was taken aback by her response. She was thinking about something different from being roommates but she guessed it’s not the right time yet.

 

Minjoo noticed the gloom plastered on the younger’s face, she knows it’s about that thing.

 

“Hey, I was kidding. Of course, we’d still be living with each other not as roommates, once I’m ready.”

 

 

A smile replaced Yujin’s gloomy face. She held the older’s hand and gave it a light squeeze.

 

 

“I’ll wait.”

 

 

 

 

 

The village is currently busy due to the upcoming festival. They were thrilled after knowing that there will be a carnival, both were glad that they visited at the right time. They're now walking around town, and Yujin is offering a guide, despite the fact that she doesn't know the town after being gone for too long. Yujin also ran into a number of familiar faces, including some of her family and colleagues, not forgetting to introduce Minjoo, as her friend/roommate. She didn’t tell them that she is courting Minjoo for the thought that she might be uncomfortable.

 

Meanwhile, Minjoo herself is somewhat gaining attention from the people everywhere they went. Well, who wouldn’t fall for her Goddess-like visuals? Yujin is starting to get annoyed with the eyes of the people. Minjoo noticed the younger’s glare at the people gawking at her and chuckled. What she did made Yujin’s heart leap. The older intertwined their hands together tightly and pulled her closer.

 

“Stop being jealous. They only thought of us as friends, but they know nothing.” Minjoo uttered, pulling her to continue roaming around.

 

Yujin grinned in triumph, smirking towards the people gazing at them who immediately looked away.

 

Her gaze went on their tightly intertwined hands and thought, she is close to being Minjoo’s girlfriend.

 

 

_____

 

 

“Stay here,” Yujin spoke as she entered a small store room in the back of the house where her grandparents stored some of their belongings, mainly gardening equipment.

 

“Aha! It’s still here!” Yujin exclaimed and pulled the bicycle out from the storage. The bicycle looks like it hasn’t been used for a decade but it is still in good condition but a bit rusty.

 

“It’s a bit old and rusty but the question is, can you ride a bike?” Yujin asked the older girl.

 

“I don’t know, it’s been a while since I rode one.” She cautiously clasped the handle. Minjoo herself knew about how clumsy she is about this kind of activity, looking back to the time when she fell off Yujin’s hoverboard. That was traumatic.

 

“We can just ride it together then, I’ll drive.” The taller suggested, wiggling her brows. Minjoo chuckled at the act. “You just want me to hug you from behind.” She snickered, teasing the younger. “Eh? I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Knowing you, it would be hasty and I might end up falling. Will you catch me?”

 

“Of course, or we can just fall together.”

 

 

Minjoo smiled softly.

 

Maybe we can.

 

 

 

 

 

“YA AHN YUJIN!”

 

Laughter can be heard in the middle of the road. Yujin was riding her bike close to the other, trying to bump elbows with the shorter girl, nearly knocking Minjoo off balance. Since the road is a little bumpy, the two agreed to carry bikes for each other to prevent accidents.

 

The bonfire for the evening’s event will be at 7:00 so they still have time to wander around town. Yujin planned to roam outside the town and go to her favorite place. MMinjoo's eyes glowed as she noticed something. She sped up on the bike, leaving the confused Yujin behind.

 

“Hey be careful there, we’re on a hill.”

 

Minjoo immediately shoves the bike after seeing a lovely flower garden. She had always adored them espe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter