business relationship

babodne's canon compliant eunhae drabbles

It's no wonder many members think they aren't close. They really don't hang out much outside work, at least that's how it is nowadays, and for a reason.

One of their problems early on was finding time. Donghae is impulsive while Hyukjae is a planner, and it annoyed them to bits. Hyukjae would ask for them to hang out in two or three days, and when the day comes, Donghae would say that he is too tired to go. Meanwhile, Donghae would come to his place unnanounced while Hyukjae is trying to have some time for himself or for other people. At the same time, they are both very occupied with work and hardly have enough free time as it is.

Having the unit, while at the same time being something the company proposed to them, turned out to be the perfect solution. Donghae and Hyukjae would already have all their time together at work, removing the need to find time together, plus now their free time can be spent with other people. They both don't mind "dating" at work instead of going on fancier or more elaborate dates, aside from fearing public suspicion and stalkers, they also happen to just be the type to enjoy time together in whatever form it may be.

"It feels like a dream being able to do D&E," Hyukjae would say sometimes in interviews, because it truly is. Their music taste is very similar, and they can have a creative outlet that is only theirs for them to play around with. They get to have a continuous project that they can work on together, which they both like having. When they perform overseas, Hyukjae can take them to travel together, too. It's all so perfect.

However busy they both may be, Donghae and Hyukjae will always ask the manager for D&E schedules. And they will do anything in order for the unit to survive a long, long time. Because it is unimaginable otherwise.