final

Mint Chocolate Ice-Cream

 

Anh Yujin is an ice-cream store owner and owns some of the most popular ice-cream places. She has locations everywhere. She has stores located in France, Italy, and Japan, though her main store is in Korea, where she grew up. She believes ice-cream can lift people's moods and solve any issue they have. That is one of the main reasons why she wanted to open ice-cream stores. 

 

Jang Wonyoung is Yujin's regular customer, and every time she comes in, she will order a medium Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream with a waffle cone and a gummy bear on top. She is a musician and loves playing the guitar. She doesn't have the best relationship with her family, so she spends most of her time at the Han River performing her music or the ice-cream store. Music makes her get away from reality. She believes that music will let you forget all your issues and bring you to another world. 

 

“How can anyone possibly like mint chocolate ice-cream,” Yujin thought to herself, scooping the ice-cream into a sphere-shaped ball. Mint chocolate is Yujin’s least favorite ice-cream flavor. She prefers cookies and cream instead. She can't understand how some people could enjoy the toothpaste flavor. 

 

"What are you thinking about," Yena Yujin’s coworker asked, taking a seat in front of Yujin. "I was wondering if she ever gets tired of mint chocolate ice-cream," Yujin said. "I just can't wrap my head around how anyone possibly likes mint chocolate," Yujin said. "Who Jang Wonyoung," Yena asked, looking towards where Yujin is looking. The girl was drawing something in her journal. Maybe new music notes or a chicken with sunglasses, who knows.    

 

"You should go talk to her" "It seems like you are very interested in mint chocolate chip ice-cream," Yena said. "Will she think that I'm weird," Yujin asked. "Try to be friends with her," Yena said. “Maybe I should,” Yujin said. 

 

The next day Wonyoung came in and ordered her usual Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream. Yujin took this chance to slide her number on the tissue at the tip of the waffle cone, hoping the girl would see it. 

 

Wonyoung would usually wipe with the tissue on her cone, but today a number on the tissue caught her eye. "Is this a number?" Wonyoung laughed. Out of interest, Wonyoung added the number to her phone and texted hello. She didn't get a reply, so she placed her phone away and wiped with the tissue, and left the store. Later that night, Wonoyung got a notification. "Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream is the worst flavor," the text reads. How could anyone disrespect the best flavor in the world? Wonyoung was offended. She texted back, saying, "You're probably one of the losers who think Cookies and Cream is the best ice-cream flavor." "Did I read that correctly," Yujin said. "Did she call me a loser and dissed the best ice-cream flavor?" 

 

"You're tasteless Cookies, and Cream is the best flavor," Yujin replied. Wonyoung laughed, reading that text. "How can anyone like that flavor?" "I must be talking to a little kid," Wonyoung thought to herself. As Wonyoung was about to send a text back, her fingers accidentally pressed the FaceTime button. "Omg, omg, you're so stupid," "Why, did you click that," Wonyoung panicked. And as she was about to end the call, Yujin picked up the phone. To avoid awkwardness, Wonyoung greeted hello and waved at the screen. Yujin did the same thing and greeted hello. 

 

"So you're the Mint Chocolate hater," Wonyoung said, making an angry face towards the camera. "Yup, it's me," Yujin laughed. "Who would have thought that one of the most famous ice-cream makers likes Cookies and Cream ice-cream," Wonyoung said. "Everyone loves Cookies and Cream, only people that don't brush their teeth eat Mint Chocolate," Yujin said. "So you're saying I don't brush my teeth," Wonyoung asked. "If you do, then why do you eat Mint Chocolate ice-cream when you can just go home and brush your teeth," "Mint Chocolate is a toothpaste flavor," Yujin said. "Mint Chocolate is different from toothpaste," "It is minty but with a hint of vanilla, and the chocolate bits when you bite into it balances the flavor," "It is the best flavor in the world," Wonyoung replied. "Cookies and Cream are the best," Yujin said. "It is just vanilla ice-cream with Oreos in it," Wonyoung replied. "No, it is more than that the creaminess of the vanilla and the crunch of the Oreos just hit different. And just like that, the two of them talked for hours. 

 

They started talking more, not even about ice-cream. It is about the most random things ever. Like, why do our selfies come out square, but the camera is a circle, or do they put milk or cereal first. 

 

Now they are both sitting in their room on a FaceTime call. "Hey, let's go get ice-cream tomorrow, on me," Wonyoung said. "Sure," Yujin replied. And just like that, they became friends thanks to a cone of Mint Chocolate Chip ice-cream.

 

 

 

That's the end of the story, this story was a bit rushed, so I apologize for any mistakes. This is my first time writing Annyeongz how'd you think it was? And I'm guessing many of us know that IZ*ONE isn't together anymore, but I am still planning to write about IZ*ONE. Haha I've talked too much so I guess I'll see you in my next story (Who knows when maybe next year lol).