Woman in My Dream

Woman in My Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WOMAN OF MY DREAM

 

What a lovely morning…

 

Waking up in this lovely weather is bringing me such a happy mood. Another day had passed, bringing in new hopes and aspirations. The rays of sunlight piercing through my windows. Birds chirping melodically as if telling me to wake up, get up and enjoy the day.

 

And so, I did. I got up and went to my favorite café and enjoy the soothing aroma of the coffee, the taste of bitterness that flows down through my veins that brings me so much energy. What a better way to start a day.

 

With the comfort of warm coffee, my dream became crystal clear as if the focus had been sharpened. Just like the pieces of the puzzle that join together to form a clear image. An image of a woman who has an ethereal beauty. A smile that radiates happiness and comfort. Her chocolate eyes are simple yet elegant which leaves you mesmerized. Her hair as black as midnight that is plunged over her shoulders. Her eyebrows are perfectly shaped that don’t even need to be maintained. It’s just natural. Her long eyelashes that added more intensity to her gaze. I could go on and on describing how astounding her looks are, but it would still not give her justice.

 

She’s wearing a simple white dress while holding a bridal flower laughing at someone who weirdly is blurry as opposed to the woman’s face. I wonder why I had this vivid dream. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and tried to search it on google to find some answers only for her to get it after a month.

 

1 month later

 

I begrudgingly walked inside the garden where my best friend, Seulgi holds her wedding. I can see some disapproving looks from the older guests, especially from my parents. You are probably wondering why? It’s because I am wearing a suit. Yes. A woman wearing a suit on her best friend's wedding.

 

I lost a bet a week ago and Satan’s daughters, Yeri and Joy bullied me into wearing a suit. I mean I don’t have any issue wearing a suit. I actually preferred it than a dress because it’s comfortable. Another thing is I don’t have to wear heels and endure the pain throughout the wedding and reception.

 

But the issue is she doesn’t want unnecessary attention from the guests especially from her parents which are now looking at me with their usual disapproving look. My parents and Seulgi’s are close friends. That is one of the reasons why I became friends with Seulgi. We basically grew up together. So, it’s a given that my parents will attend the wedding.

 

It’s weird how I’m pretty close with Seulgi’s parents and her with my parents. We even joked that maybe since we were born at the same time, the nurse mistakenly exchanged the babies if only I am not like the exact replica of my parents. So that theory is no longer valid.

 

What makes her dread this situation is she just came out from her parents two weeks ago and let’s just say they did not like it. Among other things that they are not happy about with my life. And wearing a suit to this wedding is like me mocking them. Me adding salt and pepper to an open wound.

 

I just disregard whatever look they are throwing at me and enjoyed talking to my friends. Especially Joy who is now crying and ruining her makeup because her lovely Ddeulgi is now finally tying the knot and she won’t be able to bully her. And Yeri consoling her as she is sad as well for the same reason.

 

I also approached some of the guests that I know of and throw some small talk. I have an affable and effervescent personality. I love meeting new people and striking up a conversation with them. One of the reasons why I love traveling alone is to meet locals and get to know their culture and of course taste their native cuisines.

 

When the ceremony started she noticed one of the guests that leave her in awe, shocked and confused. All her attention was focused on that woman even after the ceremony. She saw the woman approached Seulgi, hugged her and they talked for a while. They seem pretty close which is bizarre as she hasn’t met the girl and Seulgi didn’t mention anything related to the girl. When they finally ended their conversation, Wendy instantly approached Seulgi to ask her.

 

“Seulgi, who is that girl that you just talked to?” she asked.

 

“Who? Oh, you mean Irene? She’s my friend from Daegu. She just recently moved to Seoul.” Seulgi said nonchalantly as if what she’s saying is not a big deal.

 

“Holy . And you didn’t tell me about her because?”

 

“Why should I? I just don’t think it’s relevant.” Then Seulgi’s eyes went wide with realization

 

“Oh wait. You like her?? Wendy has a crush. Wendy has a crush’” Seulgi sings as she teases her.

 

“Shut up, No. It’s not that. Remember about a month ago I told you that I dreamt of a woman who I can’t seem to forget the face?”

 

“Yeah?” Seulgi simply said, urging her to continue.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter