I Miss You

The Distance Between Us ()

Sami sighed softly as she ran her hands through her wavy, blue locks. College was harder than she had planned for, and she was having to juggle a job as well. Thankfully her best friends, Shay and Ashley were with her, but the one she wanted the most couldn't be there.

Sami missed her boyfriend, Heechul more than anything. It didn't help that he lives in South Korea, and the fact that he is a K-Pop idol doesn't help either. It also hurts when there are rumors that he's dating Momo from Twice.

She doesn't want to doubt her boyfriend, but there is always this lingering feeling in her stomach that makes it hard not to think the worst. Sami finally can't take it anymore, and makes her way to Shay's bedroom. She enters to find her purple haired friend on her phone playing a game.

"Shay?" Shay then hums in response. "Can we talk?" Shay then sits up, and places her phone on the bedside table. She then motions for the blue haired girl to sit down.

"What's wrong Sami?" She asks softly as Sami sits in front of her on the bed.

"How do you and Yesung make it work? How do you not let the distance or rumors get to you?" Shay then gave her a soft smile. Shay and Yesung were dating, before Sami and Heechul. In fact, Shay was the one who introduced them to one another.

"It's hard, but you have to trust him. You allow your heart to trust him, and remind yourself that he loves you. It also takes a lot of patience." Sami then sighed as she rubbed the back of her neck. "I know its hard. Especially since there are rumors about him and Momo, but trust me when I say that Heechul loves you. He's never treated someone the way he treats you. He's always telling Yesung how much he misses you."

"I don't want to doubt Heechul, but this situation is harder than I thought it was going to be." Shay nodded in understanding.

"Video chat him later. I feel like it will do you a lot of good talking to him face to face." Sami then smiled.

"Thanks Shay."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hours later Sami texted Heechul, and asked if they could video chat. Heechul agreed, and then called her. A lump grew in as she looked at her boyfriend's face from the computer screen. This is the first time they have been able to video chat in weeks. She had so much to say, but in that moment she wanted to cry because of how much she missed him.

"What's wrong, Princess?" A tear slipped down her cheek from his words.

"I miss you, Chul." He then gave her a sad expression.

"I miss you too." After that everything just poured out. Sami allowed herself to tell Heechul everything.

"I've been hurting so bad lately. I've been struggling with college, working ing , I miss you, and not to mention there are rumors that you are Momo's boyfriend. I feel like I'm about to explode, and I feel like I can't do it anymore." Heechul stayed silent and just listened to her.

"I'm not dating Momo. I'm sorry things are so hard on you. I wish I could be there to help you. I know this is really hard for you." He said softly.

"I think we should break up." Sami said shakily. Heechul froze at her words. It was as if time and his heart had both stopped.

"Why?" Was all he could muster to say.

"I can't handle missing you all the time, and the rumors kill me. I can't tell anyone about us, hell I can't even tell my family about you. Not to mention I never really get to see you. Therefore I think it's better for the both of us if we end it here, before we are in too deep."

"I'm already in too deep." Heechul said in a hurt tone. "I love you." His voice was shaky as if it was about to break. "I'll try to talk to you more. I'll come see you more. I'll tell the world about us. Just please don't do this, Sami. I've never wanted something to work so bad in my life." Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he begged her to stay, which hurt Sami even more.

"I'm sorry." Was all she could say, before she hung up on Heechul. She then closed her laptop, pulled her knees up to her chest, and cried her heart out. Little did she know that Heechul was doing the same thing. "I miss you so much." She whispered to herself.

"I hate this distance between us." Heechul whispered to himself. "I wanna be there with you, and beg you to stay. I wanna hold you." He then pulled a small box from his pocket. "I wanted to give you this when I came to see you on your birthday." He continued to sob. "I wanted you to be my wife, the mother of our future child, I wanted us forever." He then opened the box, and took the ring out. He then held it in his fingers. "Looks like our forever was cut really short. I'm so sorry, Princess."