See you again

Snail Mail
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    As the bright sunshine lit up my room, I stretched my hand to reach the source of the ringing noise. I still had a severe headache due to lack of sleep but then my new project assignment popped in my mind. I hate it how these things take a toll on me. Well it 's definitely good to be called a very dedicated work person but sometimes it can be very stressful too. You want to live up to everyone's expectations and you ignore yourself and your health a lot. Maybe that's why people keep telling me that I've lost a lot of weight in the last few years. But looking at the brighter side, in the 2 years since I've joined this company I've earned a reputation for being puntual and a perfectionist. Thinking all of this drives me to get up and move again. And thus I lazily reach my bathroom to wash my face. As I put the toothbrush in my mouth, I heard another ringing. Another alarm by my phone, but I definitely remember switching off my alarm. I reached upto my phone to check why it rang and my eyes widened when I saw what day it was today.


1 year ago
"Unnie, can you atleast tell me where we're going?", she whined in the passenger seat.
"Ayoo, uri wheeinie is so impatient. Just take a nap or look outside the window babe, we'll be there soon."
She sighed and looked outside the window. I scrolled down the window a bit so she could feel the cool breeze. 
"Babe, you are not cold, are you? I have another jacket in the backseat, you want it?"
"Leave it, it's not warm enough", she pouted. I can't help but feel like I'm raising a puppy and a baby at the same time.
"Then, do you want to hold my hand", I winked "You know like in college. Didn't you say you loved my warm hands?" 
I expected her to get embarrased and whine but saw her smiling instead. 
"That wasn't the only thing I loved you know", she looked at me. "And it's not just your hands, I loved how warm you were. The way you took care of people you loved, how you stood up for people you care and even your cute dimple. That warm smile you had when you looked at me, I swear that's the most beautiful thing I had seen in my life and before I knew I was already in love with you."
I love she surprises me like this. I expected her to be a baby and there she is making me feel like the best person in this world. 

"Aigoo Unnie, you're too touched aren't you" she grinned, "Then tell me why you love me!"
I pretended to think hard, "Umm let me try to remember"
She smacked my arm and started whining. 
"This is what I love, this you." she looked confused. "Whenever I tease you like this, you whine like a baby, a baby I want to protect and care for. You are so innocent and genuine, it makes you beautiful inside."
"What about outside then?" she smirked.
"There's never been any angel more beautiful than my angel..."
She looked intently in my eyes with that beautiful smile of hers, "Happy 200day anniversary, Yong..."
"Happy 200day anniversary, love...."


    I was almost ready to leave for office and memories from that day kept playing in my mind throughout this time. Will she get the letter? She stays here and the letter's destination address was her parent's house though, wait is it saturday today! ...she visits her parents on weekends. What do I do ahh... Remembering about how things ended between us, she getting that letter would be so embarrasing. What if I just go get the letter from her mailbox before she can get it, yess I can do that. I suddenly felt victorious before I looked at the time and realised I'd be late for work. But then the letter... Ahhh Screw work, I'll just go get the letter and then compensate for this time. Sending a quick text to my boss saying I'll be late, I drove to Wheein's parents house which was a two hour drive from my apartment. 


    I stopped my car while she kept looking around. "Yong, where is this?"
"Patience, baby. Just follow me", I opened the car door for her and held her hand in mine while I grabbed a bag in another as I walked her to the place I wanted to bring her since long. We walked for some time before we reached the lake. A tent was set up beside the lake under a big tree. She smiled to me as we talked towards the tent. I always told her how I wanted to be in a place where it can be just the both of us and the cool breeze. 
    We spent the entire afternoon chatting, eating delicious foods I had packed for us and cuddling inside our tent. One of the best parts was we sitti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter