Jeon Jungkook

Common Sense

I walk across campus, just coming from my English class. I major in English and Biology, I am also in the dance club. I keep walking until I get to my dorm room, when I get there I take out my key card and scan it. 

"Hey there ." 

"Hi Jungkook."

"Where were you?"

"I was in class, since we are at college? You know what time my classes are so why are you asking?"

"Because I am waiting for when you actually listen to me and don't go to those useless classes."

"They aren't useless, if you don't like them you shouldn't have gone to college."

"I had to come. If I didn't you would be all alone. I mean it's November and you haven't made any friends."

"I don't have time."

"Well I hope you don't have plans at seven tonight."

"Why Jungkook?"

"Because we are going to the club on North street."

"I have an English paper and a Biology model due next week." 

"What day?"

"Friday for English and Wednesday for Biology."

"Well it's Friday so you have plenty of time."

"How would we get in anyways? Isn't it for 21-year-olds? We are nineteen Jeon."

"Ugh, we are good-looking, that's how we get in. You are going no matter what, there are some delicious boys there. And I went out last night and bought you an outfit."

"Well the outfit is going to waste because there is no way I am going to a club."

"That is what you think."

"What did you do Jeon Jungkook."

"You say my name too much and I may have taken some of your papers."

"What papers?"

"The beginning of your English paper."

"So you knew that I had an English paper."

"Of course I do. You are the only reason I am here."

"Give them back."

"Tomorrow, when we get back from the club."

"You're crazy. I need those papers."

"Well you should learn how to make digital copies of things."

"Paper is better."

"Better for stealing." 

"Whatever, I need that intro."

"A two page intro?"

"Yes."

"Whatever. It is already four so I will show you the outfit." 

"You said seven, that's three hours away." 

"Exactly, I need to do your hair and make-up and do mine."

"You are really something." 

"I know I am." Jungkook pulls out a bag. "Here this is your outfit." 

I take the bag and pull out a pair of black ripped jeans and a grey satin button-up, which looked two sizes too big. 

"You can wear the nice pair of Dior Oblique sneakers that I bought on my birthday last year."

"Those are expensive as frig Jungkook." 

"There you are saying my name again. And what does it matter, I have other shoes."

"I would kill to have a rich mom and dad."

"Want to trade parents?"

"That is an insult to your parents you know. And I love my parents, just wish they were rich."

"I know it's an insult, and why have rich parents when you can have a rich best friend, only friend, but rich." 

"Actually it is your parents that are rich."

"That is why I still contact them."

"Rude." I scoff. 

"Only when it comes to my parents."

"Whatever, put on the clothes and then hair and makeup or vice versa?"

"Clothes then makeup. I bought an outfit for me as well." Jungkook takes out the contents of another bag. He holds up a blue satin shirt with a blue and black tie-like thing and black jeans with rips in the knees. 

"So not you."

"Yeah, but it'll make me look y."

"I have known you since we were in diapers and the only time your not y is when your goofy."

"It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, come inside it's fun inside, M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E. That's me!"

"I meant the word not character, and goofy not mickey mouse."

"Same show."

"Weirdo."

"Put on the clothes." 

We change and then Jungkook takes an hour to do my pink hair. He does subtle makeup and slightly curls my hair, it is wavier than curly. Then he takes his time to curl his black hair, which is a few inches longer than mine and puts on makeup. Two and a half hours later, he is putting our silver friendship necklaces on us and spraying strawberry scented perfume on us. Which I protested at first, but he said was absolutely necessary. 

"You look amazing," Jungkook looks at us in his long mirror, "And so do I."

"Always modest."

"Shush." 

"Grab your phone and we can go."

"I still think that it is a bad idea to go. And do I have to bring money?"

"You're going unless you want your paper shredded, and I have money. Don't worry I'll pay for it all since I am making you go."

"I'll make sure to spend a lot of money then."

"That means you'll have to get wasted." He snickers.

"Hmm, maybe I won't spend as much money as I thought."

"Just get pop." 

"Oh yes sounds good, I buy other people drinks too. That'll waste money."

"Yeah, no. Do not buy someone else a drink at a bar or club. That gives people ideas, it's common sense Jimin-sii."

"Oh."

"Just don't do that."

"Okay."

"Well it is a fifteen-minute walk so let's go." Jungkook grabs his wallet, phone, and two cards and shoves them in a handbag. 

"We still have time to go to the movies. I bet there are some good movies on tonight."

"And waste the deliciousness I created, no thanks. We are going to the club."

"Fine." I sigh and follow him out the door. 

We walk to the club and there is a decent waiting line. 

"Okay I'll do the talking. Here's your I.D." He hands me a card with false birth information and my picture. 

"Where did you get these?"

"My parents are rich, money can buy anything nowadays." 

"Nineteen years and you're still full of surprises,"

"You didn't think we were going to get in without I.D.s, did you? You really lack common sense sometimes."

"Shush, shush."

We move up in the line until it is our turn. 

"I.D.s please." A large security guard says.

"Okay." Jungkook says and pulls out his fake card, which I follow.

The guard looks at the I.D.s for a good two minutes while I silently had another mini panic attack. 

Jungkook looks at me and I know he knows I am freaking out. Telepathy is a weird thing we have always had, whenever I'm in trouble or panicking, Jungkook knows. 

"Alright boys, be careful and have a nice night." The guard gives the I.D.s back and moves to let us in. 

We walk in and Jungkook immediately pulls me to a corner.

"Stop."

"Stop what?" I ask innocently, tilting my head.

"I know you. You're having another one of those silent panic moments, I hate them more than when you have real panic attacks. At least then I can help you calm down."

"You do know how to calm me down, I am sorry I was just anxious. But I am fine now, promise." I smile and grab and squeeze his hand.

He smiles and lets my hand go, "Don't want any of these people getting the wrong idea."

I roll my eyes as Jungkook starts off and I quickly follow. 

He brings me to the bar," Two vodkas with cranberry juice please."