shinnie

the start of normality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ryujin, I already told you, the swing set doesn’t go in the balcony!” Ryujin’s boisterous laugh rings inside the newly bought apartment as the said woman plops down on their couch while holding her stomach, Chaeryeong currently struggling with carrying her own boxes in the front door. It’s the day Ryujin and Chaeryeong had decided to move some of their things from their own houses to their shared apartment, a place where they can see their future unfolding, a future that includes lots of pets, happy times, shared sweet kisses, and other more.

Chaeryeong stops by the door and glares at the woman she’s delighted to share the rest of her life with. The action and the description might be contradicting, but Chaeryeong had long realized that that’s how it works between her and Ryujin. Ryujin teases her, she glares at her, that swoons the older and soon enough, they’d be in each other arms, sharing each other’s warmth.

And then at some point, it’ll be back to square one with Ryujin teasing Chaeryeong.

“Stop laughing at your mistake and carry some boxes, I swear if we don’t get to finish unpacking today, I won’t let you sleep in the room tonight.” This takes an action from the older and she quickly stands up from lying down, her laughter gradually decreasing as she approaches her girlfriend. Chaeryeong puts her boxes of books on the side of the other unfinished, half-opened boxes (courtesy of Ryujin’s lazy ), heaving herself for some air. She lets her eyebrows meet as Ryujin makes her way towards her, a teasing grin on her face.

Ryujin dances a bit to tease Chaeryeong more, twisting every step she makes while making faces. Chaeryeong puts her poker face on, but inside, she’s definitely amused with her fiancé’s silly acts.

“Stop whining, Chaer. I’ll do it. I’m strong, those things that you think take 5 hours to do are only just 10 minutes to me.” Ryujin boasts as she jumps on her girlfriend, laughing at Chaeryeong’s ear as she wiggles the two of them, a smile finally transpiring on the younger’s face.

“Ryujin, we need to get this done before 7, you know?” Chaeryeong reminds her fiancé, grabbing Ryujin’s arms and loosening her hold on her, turning around to flash the woman a smile. She fixes some of  Ryujin’s loose hair, putting it behind her ear, and Ryujin can never get tired of seeing that specific look of attentiveness on Chaeryeong’s face whenever it comes to her.

Getting her wits back, Ryujin tilts her head in confusion, head empty. “Why do we have to finish this before 7?”

Chaeryeong giggles and boops Ryujin’s nose, the older woman’s forgetfulness always seem to have her in fits of giggles and laughs. “You have your gig, stupid.”

“Oh.” Ryujin stares at nowhere, her eyes blank. “I totally forgot about that.”

“Shin Ryujin, what are you going to do without me?” Chaeryeong grins at her, loving how it seems like she just…clicks with Ryujin.

“I’d die, probably.” The singer lets out nonchalantly, letting her dark humor get the best of her, the humor that her fiancé, unfortunately, does not like and will never like.

Chaeryeong pulls away with an evident frown on her face, one that makes Ryujin laugh when she sees it. “Hey, what did we say about those kinds of talks?”

Ryujin rolls her eyes as she pulls Chaeryeong back into her arms by the collar of Chaeryeong’s shirt, one arm above Chaeryeong’s heart, the other holding Chaeryeong by her waist. “That it’s destructive and it’s not doing any of us any good.”

“Right. So, lay off with those, okay? It makes me really sad when you say things like that.” Chaeryeong pouts and Ryujin’s heart soars, she can’t imagine seeing anything that can top that cute look. Ryujin cups Chaeryeong’s face and tries to pull the sides of up, confusing and amusing said woman. “Then, if I can’t let my dark humor amuse me, you can’t pout either.”

Ryujin steps back and smiles at the love of her life, love painfully oozing out of her eyes. “I swear your smile and your pout will kill me someday.”

“Ryujin!” The said woman looks up from fussing about her girlfriend’s stomach being out, sending a big smile towards the bartender who waves enthusiastically at them as they enter the pub. The couple waves at the other workers spread in the establishment.

“Jiu unnie, how are you?” She leans over the counter when she and Chaeryeong reach the bar, giving the blonde a hug that Jiu returns very tightly. She has always loved giving everyone working in the pub her mother hugs, ones that Ryujin never shied away from since she had never been given one since she was a kid.

“The pub was in shambles the last two days  because they were all wondering where their favorite resident singer went!” Ryujin chuckles at the infamous title bestowed upon her.

“Well, I just can’t let my fiancé take care of all the moving for us, can I?” If there’s anything Ryujin loved from Jiu more than her mother hugs and her caring nature, it’s her reactions.

“Oh my God!” Jiu lets her eyes turn from a grinn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter