Happy birthday, Mina!

Happy birthday, Mina!

Mina woke up in a good mood, all smiley and giddy. She tried to find her phone from her bedside table and quickly opened it. The time showed as '9:00 a.m.' and the date si 'Mar 24, 2021'.

 

 

 

The notifications from her phone are bombarded. From Twitter, Instagram and even on her private messaging apps. It's all birthday greetings from family, friends, their staffs, and Onces. She tried her best to read all the birthday greetings and even scrolling through the tag that was trended by Once on Twitter.

 

 

 

Mina felt more happy upon seeing her pictures that she almost forgot where and when was taken. "Truly, Once are amazing! I'm so happy they still treat me as a Black Swan even until now"

 

 

 

Checking her messaging apps and replied to her family and close friends. But Mina almost pouted when her own members hasn't greeted her yet, well apart from Jihyo. And there's someone she's waiting to greet her.. Chaeyoung. Mina shrugged it off and think positively, since it's just the start of the day.

 

 

 

She sat up on her bed and stretches her hand and back. Smiling to herself and cheering "Happy birthday, Mina!" to herself. Mina walked by to her curtains and opened it, letting the sunlight seeped through her window. She cleaned her room first and fixed her bed before going out to cook something for breakfast.

 

 

 

Mina was confused when she went out because she's clearly alone. Jihyo and Jeongyeon are nowhere to be found. She just peacefully made and eat her breakfast since she needs to go to JYP for her Vlive.

 

 

 

Afternoon came and Mina is already on her way to their company together with their manager. She's just browsing on her phone, trying to see all posts and birthday ads Once prepared for her. She also already planned to visit some after her Vlive.

 

 

 

But Mina is already getting sad, as there's still no birthday greetings from other members. Specially, Chaeyoung.. she's been trying to message her but she didn't got any single reply. Even their groupchat is dead quiet.

 

 

 

"I wonder what they're planning" Mina could only laugh.

 

 

 

The Vlive for her birthday already started, and Mina started greeting everyone who's coming to watch. After just how many minutes, the viewers count are getting bigger and bigger. She started talking to everyone and trying to read every comments. Many Once are requesting for her to sing a song.

 

 

 

Mina gladly granted their request and sang a Japanese song and their new song, Cry For Me. She got praised by all viewers for singing it beautifully and looking like an angel.

 

 

 

"Oh! My mom is watching. Hi Mom!" She happily said when she saw her mom commented.

 

 

 

After a while, her mom sent her a photo of a birthday cake shaped like a fish. The one that they wore as a punishment for TTT. Mina was laughing at how cute her mom is and proudly showed it everyone.

 

 

 

Mina's eye caught one comment from a Once, it was a question and she quickly reads it.

 

 

 

"Mina unnie, have you already got your birthday kisses?"

 

 

 

Mina wanted to pout and tried to hide that she's sulking. She purposely read it so that if in case any members are watching, specially that specific person, they'll have an idea.

 

 

 

"No.. I still haven't got it"

 

 

 

The Vlive is about to end and Mina was just playing with everyone and saying thank you when suddenly, the door opened. She was shocked but at the same time happy when she saw Dahyun entering holding a cake.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, Mina unnie!"

 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah, thank you" She smiled as she gets the cake.

 

 

 

Dahyun hugged her and whispered something, almost teasing her. "Someone asked me to surprise you with this. Someone's afraid you'll get mad at her. But let's just keep it a secret, okay Mina unnie?"

 

 

 

Mina laughed and blushed as she nodded her head. After minutes of talking with Once, sje already ended the live. When she got out of the room, Dahyun was still there waiting for her.

 

 

 

"Oh, you're still here. I thought you already went back to your dorm"

 

 

 

"I told you I was the one who's in charge of you today so come on Mina unnie.. we're going somewhere" then Dahyun dragged her to their car.

 

 

 

The car stopped in front of a restaurant, but by looking at it, it's empty inside. Mina already knew that someone rented the whole place. This is their plan.

 

 

 

"Let's get inside Mina unnie.."

 

 

 

Mina was just following Dahyun from behind. Dahyun then signaled her to open the door and when she did, party poppers were popped in front of her. Confettis flying and there's everyone, her members, smiling at her.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, our Minari!" everyone greeted.

 

 

 

But Mina's eyes were stuck at that one person she's been waiting to see since morning. Chaeyoung is walking to her slowly, holding a cake, smiling widely at her while everyone is singing a happy birthday song.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday our Mina.. happy birthday to you.."

 

 

 

The song ended and Mina clasped her hand while closing her eyes. She prayed and says her wish before opening her eyes again and blows the candle. Everyone cheered and clapped, Nayeon and Sana frantically waving the balloons.

 

 

 

The members flocked at her to give the traditional birthday kisses. They all gave her kisses on the cheek, forehead and top of her head. But Chaeyoung is just standing not that far away from them, just giving the members enough distance.

 

 

 

"Why are you just standing there, Chaeng? Come on and give Mina unnie a kiss" Dahyun and everyone laughed. But Mina is already blushing too hard.

 

 

 

"Stop it! You're making Mina unnie shy" Chaeyoung playfully pushed Dahyun. "As for my birthday kiss... I'll just save it for later.

 

 

 

Everyone woo-ed them because of what Chaeyoung said. They were going crazy and Jeongyeon was cringing on how cheesy Chaeyoung is.

 

 

 

Chaeyoung just shook her head and finally walked to Mina when everyone already went back to their seats.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, Mina unnie" Chaeyoung greeted her with a wide smile. "I hope you're not sulking at me"

 

 

 

Mina laughed and shook her head. "Of course not, Chaeng. I know that my birthday won't pass by without you greeting me"

 

 

 

"That's enough! Come on, let's eat!" Momo teased. So they walked to the table and sat beside each other.

 

 

 

Their dinner were filled with stories and laughter. It's what they always are whenever they're gathered like this. And Mina wouldn't ask for more, she's happily contented of celebrating her birthday together with her second family.

 

 

 

Everyone is already going back to their respective dorms but Mina pulled Chaeyoung so they stayed behind.

 

 

 

"Uh, Chaeng.. I was planning to visit some of my birthday ads" Mina said while fidgeting her hand. "Would you like to come with me?"

 

 

 

Chaeyoung smiled and nodded quickly. "Of course, Mina unnie! You don't even need to ask, you know I'll always go with you"

 

 

 

Mina was so happy upon seeing personally and up close the birthday tarpaulins Once prepared for her. She still can't believe how and why everyone loves her and is supporting her like this.

 

 

 

"Mina unnie stand beside it and I'll get yoir picture" Chaeyoung said as she held her own phone.

 

 

 

Mina quickly oblige and made several poses to the different birthday ads. Chaeyoung showed her the pictures and asked her to send it to her. They are now on their way back to Mina's dorm.

 

 

 

"I'll post this on Instagram" Mina said while browsing the photos Chaeyoung sent her.

 

 

 

They just arrived back at the dorm and is now hanging out in her room. They're both sitting on her bed.

 

 

 

"Speaking of, Instagram.. I browsed your tag on Twitter and I kinda saw some post about.." they locked eyes and laughed together, already knew what Chaeyoung is talking about. "MiChaeng fans are eagerly waiting for my birthday greeting for you!"

 

 

 

"Well.. do you have some?" Mina teased jer and laugh.

 

 

 

"Of course! It just needs to be posted" Chaeyoung smugly answered but quickly pouted. "But Sana unnie already has gone all out with the pictures she posted. I think I have no match on that"

 

 

 

Mina found her so cute that she couldn't help but to hug her to comfort her. "Oh.. you know you'll always be my number one. Right? So whatever you'll post, it's gonna be my favorite"

 

 

 

"Really?"

 

 

 

"Yes! Or even if you don't post something, you'll still be my favorite"

 

 

 

"Awee Mina unnie ~~" Chaeyoung hugged her back but quickly held Mina's face with both of her hands. "But.. you're forgetting something"

 

 

 

"Huh? What is it?"

 

 

 

"This.."

 

 

 

And Chaeyoung pulled Mina for a kiss. A sweet, soft passionate kiss that melted Mina. Both of their hearts were pounding with too much happiness.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, Mina"

 

 

 

Just like that, Chaeyoung spent the night there and they slept peacefully inside each other's arms.

 

 

 

With Chaeyoung forgetting about the birthday post in her drafts.