Chapter 1

Eclipsed

Dark sky hiding the view of the black sedan car. Yellow lights from the street illuminating the gehicle every 15 seconds. A man is driving while a barely concious female lying on the backseat, shaking along with the motion.

Wet clothes, sticky hair stuck on her face but she still having problem keeping herself awake.

Half lidded, she tries her best to wake herself up but to no avail. 

“Oppa” she whispers.

His shaking hands holding tight to the steering. “It’s your fault. This is all your fault” he mumbles. 

And that’s all she hears before she falls into a deep sleep.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

“I’m sorry ma’am, but may I know what’s your relationship with Miss Kim?”

“I am her sister-in-law. Her brother is not here. He’s in Seoul for work”

“Really? I don’t think Kim Suho ever got married”

The policeman and the sister sigh while 29 years old Kim Sori hides her face.

“We received reports from people saying that she’s disturbing the people at the market. Same report for the third time”

“It’s not fair! Those ahjummas are jealous because I sell more clothes than them, that’s all” Sori backing herself up. 

Ji Ha looks at her and takes another deep breath making Sori quiet. When she’s assured that the latter is quiet, she then turn her face back to the policeman. 

“How should we go about this? My bakery is unattended and I can’t leave it too long. Just get this over with”

“Jogiyo, that’s not how you talk to a policeman” the guy said out loud.

“Jaebum-ah. If we get this over with quickly, I’ll give your daughter free red bean bun that she always liked for a month. How’s that sound?”

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Walking home, Sori keeps her face down knowing that the older would nag.

“You always out here making problem. Can’t you just sell your stuff without making problem? Am I your brother?!”

“Eonnie...it wasn’t my fault. The old woman pulled my hair first and just because she’s old, the police are taking her side. That’s why I called you. To back me up”, Sori explains. 

Ji Ha looks at the younger’s hair. “It looks like a bee’s hive. Clean yourself up before arriving home. Your brother is here”

Sori’s eyes widened.

“Suho oppa’s here?”

They both arrives at the house when Sori sees the shoes of her brother.

“Oppa!”

She runs towards the older guy and hugs him tight. 

“When did you arrive? Do you know how much I miss you? You should have told me”

She lets go of the hug and looks at him knowing Ji Ha shooting daggers from behind because of their skinship. She scanning his body seeing how thin the guy is from the last time she saw him.

“Are you on a diet? Should I give you some food to eat? You look thinner than before” Jiha opens the refrigerator 

“Just now. When Ji Ha received a call from the police station. I thought I told you to keep out of trouble, Sori” Suho replies to Sori’s question before looking towards the kitchen.

“It’s okay. Don’t worry about me”, Suho gives Ji Ha an assuring smile.

“Mianhae oppa” she lowers her eyes looking at her fiddling fingers.

“It’s okay. Since it’s been a long time since I’m home, what do you want to eat? I’ll buy everything”

“Yeah, you do that but don’t spoil her too much. I need to go back to the bakery” Ji Ha puts on her sneakers again and walks out.

As soon as the door’s shut, Sori looks at her brother again and hugs him tightly. “i miss you so much, oppa”.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

“Tell me everything that happened for the past 14 months”, Suho puts down his beer glass and folds his arms to his chest while Sori turning the grilling beef meat.

The sound of the sizzles from the meat meeting the grill and the smell of the burns makes Sori hungrier.

The only time Sori can eat at a restaurant is when her brother is home.

“Nothing much. Eonnie is still annoyed with my existence, and she really misses you. I’m starting to think she only thinks about you. And I’m like the sidekick”, she said making Suho laughs.

“She cares about you” Suho said giving her assurance. 

Sori puts down the tongs and looks at her older brother. “Let’s stop talking about me and start talking about you. How’s work? Eonnie was right. You look thinner than before. Is everything okay in Seoul?”

Suho puts on a thinking face and nod his head. “Everything is fine. Don’t worry”

She fiddles her fingers again. It’s a habit she developed since she can remember. Everytime she’s nervous, she would do it. Just like now.

“Oppa...can I follow you to Seoul?”

The question caught the guy’s attention. “Suddenly? I thought you like it here?”

“I do, but”

Sori’s eyes trailing someone from outside coming into the store. “Eonnie!”,she raises her left hand making sure Ji Ha could see her.

Ji Ha walks towards them and sits next to Suho. 

“I tried calling you many times, but you didn’t pick up. I had to close the bakery late because I got order for the kindergarten’s tomorrow’s event” she said to Suho making the latter takes out his phone and checks it.

“Sorry, I guess it was on silent mode. Mianhae”

“Maybe we should consider buying phone for Sori. It’s easier for me to reach out to her too. I don’t have to call Mina all the time just to know whe...”

“No”

“But, Suho. Don’t you think she’s old enough to ..”

“I said, no” Suho turns his head towards Ji Ha and she could see him tightens his jaw.

Seeing how Suho’s face change, Sori decided to in. “Oppa, I’m 29. It’s weird if I don’t have a handphone”

Suho moves his head facing Sori. “End of discussion”.

It was awkward for the three of them the whole dinner.
🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Sori barely opens her eyes when she reaches out for her blanket. She looks around after unable to find her blanket with her hands. She sits up and brush her eyes a few times before looking around the room. 

Yawning, she stands up and going for the toilet when she hears whispers coming out of the couple’s room.

“She told me about going to Seoul” she hears the male’s voice speaks. “Again?”the female replies.

“I would appreciates it if you treat he well here. If you treated her well, maybe she won’t even think of mentioning Seoul” the male’s voice comes out stern. 

She leans forward against the wall that holds the bedroom door.

“It’s been 14 years, Junmyeon. We didn’t even get married because of her. If you care less about this girl, nothing would have gone wrong..”

“I thought I told you to not say that name ever again” the voice hardens. She peeks slowly to the small open space of the door and could see how tight Suho holds Ji Ha’s arm.

*gasp*

They both looks at the door.

“Sori?” Suho’s gentle voice could be heard. 

Sori quickly runs towards her sleeping space and lies down and closes her eyes.

She hears the sound of the door being open and footsteps coming towards her. 

When Suho is sure that Sori is sleeping, he walks away towards Jiha.

“If she heard any of that, you’re dead”