Part 1

I'll meet you where the sun it always shines. You're on my mind, all the time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Congratulations, my smart little sister. I wasn’t even surprised you passed your admission test today.” Momo kisses Mina’s cheeks as soon as Mina arrives next to her from running down the long stretch of stairs towards the front row seats inside their university’s auditorium.

 

It’s been ten minutes since the auditions for theater majors are done but Momo is still waiting for Jeongyeon to finish saying her goodbyes to her clingy as hell girlfriend, Yeri, who is the reason why they are inside the auditorium in the first place.


“Sorry to keep you waiting, Yeri is just too happy that she passed her audition.” Jeongyeon apologizes the moment Yeri let her go since the whole theater club will have their first meeting. Momo rolls her eyes at Jeongyeon and Mina just smiles at her understandingly.

 

“I couldn’t even see you for a solid hour because Yeri keeps on hogging your time. I wonder what she feeds you to have you so whipped for her.” Momo starts walking briskly towards the exit, half scared that Yeri might follow them and take Jeongyeon away again and half hungry.

 

“Hey! I am not whipped okay? Yeri is younger than us Mo, so she kinda needs my time more. By the way, Minari, our baby, congratulations on passing your college admission test! What major did you apply for?” Jeongyeon wraps her arms around Mina’s shoulder once they are all outside the auditorium. Jeongyeon can’t be clingy towards other women in front of Yeri because the younger tends to lose her over her jealousy so Jeongyeon keeps her affection for Mina and Momo on the down low.

 

“Thanks Jeongyeonie. I auditioned for dance! The dance studio was huge enough, I’m glad I decided to study here with you two instead of going to NYU. Their programs here are just as progressive.” Mina smiles and hugs Jeongyeon’s waist because of her excitement.

 

“You two realize I’m here right? What’s up with the affection? It doesn’t suit you two.” Momo grumpily walks ahead of Jeongyeon and Mina who both chuckled at Momo before letting go of each other easily. Both Jeongyeon and Momo are in their sophomore year in college while Mina is just in her freshman year that's why the two sophomores put it upon themselves to help Mina out to settle in their university.

 

The three of them walk inside their university’s cafe, a 3-story luxurious building that can sit about 500 students without crowding the space. Every type of cuisine you can think of, the cafe probably has it on their vast menu. Students and staff are given access to the cafe’s menu via phone app where they can also order complex dishes ahead of time so they won’t have to wait long for their food, much to Momo’s delight.

 

“Mina, you can find us seats while me and Jeong order our food. What would you like to eat?” Momo faced her sister who’s currently in awe of the open and clean architecture of the cafe.

 

“They have fresh ahi poke here Mitang, would you like to try that?” Jeongyeon asks Mina while scrolling through the cafe menu on her phone.

 

“Ah! Yes Jeongyeonie, you know what I’ve been craving. Can we sit upstairs? I want to look at the architecture from above.” Mina excitedly muses, which only made the two of the older girls nod.

 

In no time, Jeongyeon and Momo are done with their orders and are carrying their trays back to wherever Mina decided to sit on the third floor.

 

Momo’s tray alone is full of her own lunch consisting of her favorite jokbal and tons of side dishes, while Jeongyeon got two ahi poke and one serving of california maki, all are Mina’s favorite that Jeongyeon came to like herself. Once they arrive at their table Mina helped Jeongyeon place their order on the table which made Momo smile.

 

“You know what... this might sound weird for the both of you since we’re all like sisters here but you two actually look cute together.” Momo says in between chomping down on her jokbal.

 

Jeongyeon coughs out some of the poke that she’s already chewing and Mina giggles at her reaction while tapping her back.

 

“You don’t have to be against the thought that much Jeongyeonie. I’m quite a good catch and we can make cute babies.” Mina says in between rubbing Jeongyeon’s back, laughing out loud and giving her water because the older girl started choking on her fish more.

 

“Stop teasing Jeongyeon, Mitang. You know she easily gets flustered.” Momo tries to help Jeongyeon out by throwing small bones at her face.

 

Before Jeongyeon can say anything, a tall guy moves closer to their table and bows at the three of them.

 

“Hello! Mina right? I don’t know if you remember me but we auditioned at the dance studio together from earlier. I’m Kang Chul Soo by the way.” The guy offers his hand to Mina. He is tall, well built and looks like he came from a rich family based on his signature shirt and designer bag.

 

Mina shifts from her seat, hesitates at first but takes Chul Soo’s hand on hers and shakes it.

 

Chul Soo smiles brightly and asks for Mina’s cellphone number.

 

“Don’t you think it’s inappropriate for a man to ask for the number of a woman he just met?” Momo interjects before Mina can take Chul Soo’s phone from his hand.

Chul Soo pauses and looks at Momo, trying to size her up.

 

“Sorry. She’s my sister. She’s just being protective.” Mina says when she sees that Momo is eyeing Chul Soo like she’s asking for a fight.

 

Chul Soo’s face instantly becomes softer and apologetic. “I’m sorry! You’re right. That was rude of me. Mina needs to know me better before trusting me with something personal like her number. Don’t worry, I will make sure she gets to know me well given that we’ll probably be classmates this sem.” Chul Soo smiles.

 

“Whatever. As you can see the three of us are still eating. You can scram now.” Momo rolls her eyes at the guy and continues to eat her lunch.

 

“Oh yeah. I’m so sorry to bother you all. I’ll see you around, Mina.” Then Chul Soo leaves them alone.

 

“You know you don’t have to be that rude to him.” Mina scolds her sister when the guy is no longer in sight.

 

“I know. But I can sense a fake when I see one and he is one. I don’t want you hanging out with those type of kids. I will kill him if he as much as try to touch you. You can’t just date anyone while I’m your sister Mitang, remember that. They will have to go through me first before you.” Momo ignores Jeongyeon’s tap on her back, asking her to shut up seeing that Mina’s eyes are starting to gloss with tears from what Momo has just said.

 

“I know you’re just being protective of me Momoring but you can’t dictate my life like that. You’re not our mom. I can do whatever I want.” Mina angrily spats.

 

“Remember the last time I let you be friends with just anybody? Those people just used you because they know you’re an introvert who can’t easily make friends! They made you think you have to buy them this and that. They made you answer their assignments and do their projects for them. I won’t ever let that happen again Mina.” Momo explains.

 

Mina stands up from her seat  when Momo angrily snaps back at her. She heads for the exit leaving a stunned Jeongyeon and Momo in place.

 

Jeongyeon is the first one to regain her composure so she taps on Momo’s shoulder and immediately runs after Mina who is heading towards the parking lot.

 

“Hey Minari!” Jeongyeon takes Mina’s hand who struggles at first but then lets up when Jeongyeon insisted and pulls the younger to her car since Jeongyeon’s car is heavily tinted and they can talk inside without gaining some student’s attention.

 

Once they reached Jeongyeon’s red Mercedes-Benz, 

Mina lets Jeongyeon open the car door for her.

As soon as she’s seated properly, Mina starts to sob.

 

She gets that Momo is just being protective but she didn’t have to shoot down a person who was just trying to be friends with her. Growing up, she can’t easily make friends since kids her age always thought that she’s a snob because she came from a wealthy family. Mina always wanted to make friends but her shy self won’t let her and she promised herself that she will try to change that and she will at least gain a friend in college. Also not everyone who wants to get to know her wants to date her, right? It just feels so unfair now that Momo can do whatever she wants while her friends always needs to be validated by Momo.

 

“Hey... Do you want to eat some ice cream? There’s a really good ice cream parlor near by.” Jeongyeon’s voice echoes inside the car after a few minutes. She waited for Mina to calm down before speaking that Mina almost forgot that she’s there.

 

Mina smiles at this and just nods, feeling an ice cream would actually make her feel a little bit better.

——

 

“Sorry you have to see me and Momoring fighting. We can get too immature sometimes.” Mina looks at Jeongyeon who’s busy taking a spoonful of choco mint ice cream from her cup. Both of them are sharing a huge cup while sitting at a park near their university.

 

“Meh. It’s not as if I’ve never seen the two of you fight before. And yes, you two are still immature, we all are... but I just want you to know that Momo always thinks about you and just wants what’s best for you. I understand that sometimes she may not be the easiest person to deal with but she means well Minari. You don’t have to worry too much, I will keep a leash on Momo so you can at least enjoy your unive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter