Mermaid

Addicted: The Beginning
Please log in to read the full chapter

September 6, 1992

An infant's cries filled the air as an unknown couple swam in the ocean. The woman cradled the baby to her chest, tears streaming down her beautiful face as she looked up at her partner. "How can we know this is what is best for her?" She sobbed. Her heart was shattering and all she could do was question what they were doing with the hope that he would change his mind. The look on his face told her she wouldn't be getting her wish. 

"Aera, you know we have to do this. The spirits of the ocean have told us to give her to these humans. It is not our job to question them." He said sternly, looking at her with determined eyes. In all honesty he didn't want to do this either but it was something that had to be done. He didn't understand it himself but what the spirits asked for they had to do. It was the way of their people. He reached over and rubbed her back, causing her to collapse into his chest. Their child cried out again and Aera shushed her before looking up to him with a nod.

"Okay Lee..." She whispered and motioned for him to lead her. They swam over to the small fisherman's boat and cooed at the small infant before placing her carefully in the nets where she would be comfortable and easily noticed. "Goodbye, my sweet girl. Maybe we will meet again." the mermaid whispered before Lee started pulling her away. 

"They're coming! We have to go!" he called and they swam away from their only child.

 

 

 

"Umma!" A small boy with chocolate eyes and hair the color of the night sky called, tugging on the woman's skirt. "I heard a splash." He called and pointed to the end of the boat. About that time a small cry could be heard, causing the woman and her husband to look at eachother. 

"I'll take a look." The man said, motioning for his child and wife to move aside. He wasn't prepared for what he found. It was a baby girl wrapped in what appeared to be old clothes fashioned into a baby blanket. She wore an ornate seashell necklace and there was a note. "The spirits say that she is your's and not our's. Please take care of our little Hyuna." He read and looked over to his wife and child. 

"Does this mean we get to keep her?" A five year old Seunghyun asked.

 

Present Day

 

Hyuna laid on the beach of her new home. She left her father and mother to find her younger brother, Ren, but when she had he had no desire to see her. She sighed as the tears ran down her cheeks. It was her fault that they were like this. She had pushed him to date a man that turned out to be a liar and deceive her and her brother had come here to escape from it all. She was one of the many things he had run from. After some time she

Please log in to read the full chapter