Window

Window
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The relationship they had wouldn't have been so complicated if they hadn't been the children of two of the biggest underworld gangs in Korea that were head to head : the Song and the Kim.  In other words, they were supposed to be rivals but as fate has it, they took on a different path. 'It's like romeo and juliet all over again' Jihyo laughs bitterly at her own thoughts and resumes pouring more tea in her cup as she lets her mind wander. 

 

---

Flashback

It was pure coincidence really that they were in the same university. She had found out that he was going to be her blockmate when she had took a peek on the official class list that was pasted in the walls of the huge auditorium of the university. She remembers looking towards Jae Suk and Somin, who was looking at her expectedly 'well turns out I'm not the only one who noticed his name' she sighs and ushers them to start walking to the classroom. Ever since she was young, she was trained to become the perfect rival for him, her parents wanted her to surpass him when it came to everything. They had made her try out different sports - archery, soccer, tennis, golf, swimming - as well as mixed martial arts, handling guns and being a great shooter - but this one was mostly for her personal protection- and other skills such as ballet, baking, and playing different instruments- her parents had realized that she was terrible at singing so they just decided she'd stick with playing instruments. 

 

She had complied with them, diligently obeying them and doing everything just to make them happy and proud, but deep inside she just couldn't find any reason to hate him. She just couldn't understand how childish this feud was in between the families, she just hoped that he felt the same way as she did about the whole situation. 

 

While she was friendly and warm towards him, he was a little more wary of her presence. But it had honestly taken only a few months for her to break through his walls and for him to trust her which surprised Jongkook's small group of friends and cousin, Sechan. 

 

She remembered how Somin - her cousin- and Jae Suk - her bodyguard ever since she was a baby and her father figure - had pulled her away and told her that it would be a bad idea to try and get close to the heir of the Kim gang. But because Jihyo was too hard-headed, she ended up doing her own thing despite the warnings and flawlessly entered Kim Jongkook's life. 

 

What had started out as friendship during the first year in university blossomed into romance mid-second year and soon enough, they were going out on secret dates which Jae Suk, Somin, Sechan and Jongkook's small group of friends knew of. The two of them were pretty tight-lipped about their relationship around other people, so it helped them hide it. 

 

end of flashback

---

It was until the fourth year in university, where they were to graduate that they had been found out. Everything was sailing smoothly until yesterday, thanks to a certain bimbo of a woman who was infatuated with her boyfriend and was a member of the Kim Gang. Said woman had the audacity to eavesdrop on Kim Jongkook's phone call and had immediately put two and two together when the name Jihyo and the words "saranghae" "see you soon" and "i'll meet you out" were dropped. 

 

Jihyo sighs as she remembers how shocked she was when her father showed a video when she got home. Turns out that bimbo wouldn't point out accusations without any evidence, this really. It was a video of the two of them meeting at a park. It would've been something she could deny had the woman not taken a long video, she lost hope in denying it when the video shows Jongkook placing a kiss on her temple and her placing a kiss on his cheek and he pulls her closer, too cozy to be just friends and the opposite of the supposed tough and ruthless Kim Jongkook. 

 

"Does Jae Suk and Somin know about this?" her father asks her once she comes clean to him about the relationship in between her and Jongkook

 

"ani appa, it was just me. I kept it a secret from them too" 

 

"I'm disappointed Jihyo-yah. Go to your room you're grounded and you're not coming out until Monday where you need to go to school. Jae Suk and Somin's not leaving your side in university this time young lady, and I mean it. Don't even try going close to that boy" Jihyo simply nods

 

Her father nods and leaves her with Jae Suk and Somin and she assures them with a small smile as she trudges up the stairs towards her room before dropping down unto her bed, wistfully sighing at the thought of not being able to see Jongkook again.

 

Gosh, what was she? A freaking fifteen year old who was grounded? She was a grown woman for goodness sake, she could handle guns and fight with her bare fists! She's 20 and she got grounded, wow just wow. 

 

Jihyo snorts as she puts down her teacup and decides to take a bath to relax. After the bathtub was filled to the brim with bubbles and smelled like her favorite scent, she settled into it and let the warm waters soothe her. 

 

Forty-five minutes into the bath, she hears her door open and a knock on the bathroom door follows "Unnieeeee!! I'll leave something for you here alright?" 

 

"arasseo Somin-ah!!!! thank youuuu!!"

 

"Ne unnie!!!!" Jihyo laughs at Somin's cheery response, she had always treated the younger woman well and was the closest among all the cousins that she had, and Jihyo had always been fond of Somin. 

 

Five minutes later, Jihyo decides to get out of the bath, pat dries her skin before applying lotion on her body and moisturizer for her face. Satisfied, she blow dries her hair and dresses in one of his shirts that she stole when he had invited her out for soccer practice. She buries her nose in the fabric and sighs happily as she takes a whiff of his scent, it's still there, and with that she slips on her tiny cotton shorts before trudging back to her bed. 

 

As soon as her head touches down on a pillow, her eyes fall shut and she curls her body around a pillow which was conveniently placed on her side.

---

 

Hours later, a 'thud' coming from her open window has Jihyo opening her eyes in alarm, her senses on full alert as she takes in her darkened surroundings 'Aish! I left the window open again!' 

 

Her eyes widen as she hears a groan an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter