Fate Is A Lady?

Cross Connection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The First Time.......

The cafe was busy as usual today. Customers were lining up continuously. The morning rush before the office hours started. The baristas behind the counter were doing their best since the morning. The Owner was also helping them with the cash register. The helper was busy cleaning the tables again and again. But one of the baristas was a little bit distracted since the morning. He kept phasing in and out of his thoughts, which didn't go unnoticed by the owner.

"Ryeowook-ah, are you okay? I'm watching you getting distracted over nothing since the morning. What happened?" The owner asked when the crowd was a little low.

But Ryeowook was already lost in his thoughts. Or you can say he was in his dreamland, making up different scenarios in his head for the date tonight. You can't blame him for feeling giddy today. He was going on a date with his crush of 2 years, who finally asked him out yesterday over texts. He was still reminiscing the conversation with Kyuhyun earlier. They have been friends for two years at the same University. Both of them are in the music club together. Ryeowook had been pining over the taller boy for a long time now but had no idea that it was mutual. When Kyu asked him stealthily about his plans for today while flirting, he just couldn't believe it. All his wet dreams coming true.......... WAIT!! This isn't the time for the KyuWook story. He came out of the trance when he felt his boss poking him on his arm.

"Yah, Ryeowook-ah... What's wrong with you today? I've been calling you for the last 2 minutes. Are you with us? Here?" The owner asked.

"Ah! Sungmin hyung, it's nothing like that. Sorry for fidgeting since the start. You won't believe what......" Ryeowook's excitement had to halt when he heard someone in front of the counter.

"Excuse me!" He heard a guy with Brown eyes speak. Soon there was another thin guy beside him, "Umm sorry but..."

"This isn't my drink." They both said at the same time and looked at each other.

Sungmin was already in front of them to assist and the barista started to get nervous.

The one with the brown eyes started talking first. Both of them were regular here as Ryeowook remembered. "I ordered for Iced Americano. But before drinking there was no coffee smell so I checked the level. It said Iced Choco. But it had my name."

"Yeah, actually I ordered Iced Choco but there was a strong coffee smell so I checked and it said Iced Americano. But it also had my name. So I got confused." The other one explained.

Sungmin looked at Ryeowook who was already tensed due to the mistake he did. He knew he had to take control.

"I'm so sorry for the mistake. I know both of you are regulars here. And these kinds of mistakes have never happened. My barista here has a big exam coming up, so he's kinda tense as you can see."

They all looked at Ryeowook who had a puppy-eyed apologetic face on and nodded to confirm what Sungmin said.

"So, if you guys don't mind I'll make you another one. It's on the house.", Sungmin continued with his professional smile.

Both of the customers were silent for a moment as they looked at Ryeowook again who now seemed on the verge of crying. Sungmin was somehow controlling his sigh while looking at Ryeowook's face as the guy always gets perplexed in these situations.

 

The brown-eyed guy now looked at his drink and said, "Umm actually I haven't touched this yet. You can take it if you want. I won't mind." He said the last sentence looking at the other customer.

The thin guy was somewhat surprised with the proposition and looked at his up and then at the other guy, "Oh …. That's okay. Umm… I also haven't touched the drink yet. So if you don't mind I can exchange." He offered with a smile.

 

"Sure. Let's not bother our Ryeowook-ssi on his exam time anymore. It's okay. You don't need to worry. We'll manage." Replied the kind guy with a smile looking at Ryeowook.

 

"Yeah. It's Okay. Happens. The cafe's a little too packed today. So these kinds of mistakes are normal. Don't worry." Also smiled the thin guy. "Oh and All The Best for your exams!" With that, he left.

 

The other guy also gave a thumbs up to him and left.

 

The thin guy went back to his table with a smile of achievement on his face. He looked at the cup and read the name quietly, "Donghae. What an eyecatcher."

 

The brown-eyed guy also reached his table happily more than other days as he glanced at the cup in his hand. "Hyukjae… Huh, you're fit." With that, he took a sip and got ready to leave the cafe.

 

On the other side of the cafe, the second barista, who was silently watching the whole exchange until now opened his mouth. "Exam?? But Hyung, didn't your exam end last week? I mean that's what Kibum Hyung told me. Is it still going on?"

 

The owner and the other barista both looked at the clueless guys beside them as Sungmin scoffed at him. "Ah… Just look at this guy. Minseok-ah… How much more naive are you gonna be. Aigoo. What should we do with him?" Then he turned to Ryeowook who was still not out of a daze, "And you… Need to tell me everything about that date of yours or else I won't allow you to enter the cafe tomorrow." He said sternly.

 

Ryeowook was already all over Sungmin, "Hyung Thank You So Much. You know right how surprised I was. It's not like I do it every day. Right? Hyung?" Ryeowook continued pouting at him.

 

"Yeah yeah I know. Now tell me what happened." Sungmin smiled as he couldn't be angry at the guy. Ryeowook also smiled and started telling him the story.

 

Although the other barista was still confused. "So you have a date? With whom? The Chinese Guy or The Singer? Tell me hyung!!"

 

"Minseok-ah… We have customers. Shut up." Both the owner and the barista shushed him.

 

The 2nd time…..

 

Yesung was listening to the old city pop in full volume while reaching for the luggage belt in the airport. He just returned from the overseas trip, he went on to clear his mind. A lonely bachelor trip to France, just to remind himself how alone he was again. It's not that he can't get himself a partner. It's just that he's still stuck in the memories of his best friend. He just needed some time to himself so he could think and somehow move on.

 

The said best friend was the one who arranged the trip. When they broke up 6 months ago on the mutual decision, they both agreed to always stay the same they were before. Yesung agreed as he couldn't imagine his daily life without him and in some ways, it was the only option to keep him in his life. But his best friend saw him suffering from his feelings and being the best guy he is, went ahead and booked a "healing trip" package for Yesung.

 

To be honest Yesung was not prepared to move on. But anyways he accepted the gift. I mean who would say no to a free trip and that's also to France. So here was Yesung now returning from it after fully enjoying it.

 

He was so busy in his thoughts and the loud music that he didn't see another guy standing behind him. He saw his suitcase coming down the belt with another similar one beside it. He was ready to grab his bag when another hand came under his arm to catch it. Yesung was so startled that he caught the bags but lost his balance and fell over the other guy.

 

For some seconds both of them were unable to move. Yesung could feel that the stranger was too shocked to react. The situation was too dramatic and embarrassing to even describe. Everyone in front of the belt was looking at them as they kept lying on the ground not moving. Also, both of the heavy bags were over them.

 

It seemed like minutes passed before they regained their ability to move. Yesung was the first one to get up and offered his hand to the other guy. Then only he noticed that he already knew him. He was the same guy Yesung saw in the hotel and thought was handsome.

 

The taller guy took his hand and got up. The environment suddenly became too hot and awkward. The handsome guy was blushing and Yesung didn't know what to say. Again everything was silent for some seconds till the stranger decided to speak.

 

"I'm so sorry. I was in a hurry so I just came in like that. And you had those on so I …." He gestured at Yesung's headphones which were now on his neck music still blaring on full volume.

 

"Oh ….." Yesung touched his headphone and looked at the guy… He still didn't know what to say.

 

"So I couldn't inform you. Sorry. But also Thanks." The stranger said while scratching his neck.

 

Yesung needed to at least say something, "Actually it's also my fault you know. I didn't notice you and that's why the accident happened. Sorry." His face was enough guilty that the stranger smiled at him.

 

The situation was again becoming awkward so Yesung just chuckled and the other guy followed. They just laughed at their situation.

 

"I'm Siwon, Choi Siwon." The stranger extended his hand.

 

"I'm Kim Yesung. Nice to meet you?" Yesung didn't know how nice the meeting was so he just giggled again making the other chuckle…

 

"It was. But sorry I have to go. I have an urgent meeting I need to attend. Bye." With a nod, he left with his suitcase.

 

Yesung also nodded his bye and got ready to leave with his possession.

 

Both of them were in a dream that they forgot to check their luggage.

 

Later that night…

 

Siwon came home late that night. He was dead tired today. He came back from his business trip and was immediately summoned to the office.

 

He didn't even get time to change after landing. Also the eventful airport incident.

 

Siwon chuckled to himself remembering that. The other guy was too cute with his shocked expression. They both had the same luggage bag model, so both went for it together, and BAM!! Oh God !! It was too funny but embarrassing at the same time. Siwon can't wait to tell the story to his best friend.

 

Talking about his best friend, he hadn't seen him for the last 5 days. Siwon missed him like anything. It always happened like that. They have been best friends since High school. His best friend shifted to Seoul and joined his high school. They got along from the very first day and were inseparable. Eventually, Siwon got attached to the other and feelings came along the way.

 

They both attended the same University together. Siwon always thought of Confessing his feelings but he was afraid of losing him. Their friendship was too precious for him that he could live with his feelings unrevealed for life but never lose his best friend. So he decided against it. But one drunken night changed everything for him. His feelings became too much and he confessed.

 

He still remembered how both of them cried the next day. Siwon thought that everything was ruined and his best friend was so upset that he didn't know about his feelings at all. They discussed everything that day and somehow Siwon felt at ease. No, they were not in a relationship or trying for any. But Siwon felt a weight was lifted from his heart.

 

His best friend was a gem that he understood everything and even thanked him for being honest. But at the same time, he confessed that he didn't think of him like that. Siwon was heartbroken but also he was relieved that their friendship was not ruined.

 

Thinking about all these still made Siwon emotional. He brushed all the thoughts away and went to fetch his clothes for laundry from the suitcase.

 

He opened the suitcase while dialing his best friend. But Something Was Wrong.

 

"Yah, Siwon!! Now you got the time to get back to me? Do you even get how stressed I was! You didn't even call me after landing. Just a text message only…"

 

Siwon looked through the suitcase that had none of his belongings. Everything was different. How did that happen???

 

"Wow… Now you're even ignoring me… Yah Siwon!!! Dude! Where are you? Are you okay?? Hello?? Siwon???"

 

He heard his best friend shouting from the phone. But all his attention was on his suitcase. He was not able to process how his things got changed. And then he remembered the other suitcase of the same color. The airport. The guy. The fall. The EXCHANGE. Of course, they had the same color suitcase. Oh . He took the phone to his ear…

 

"Donghae, I think my luggage was exchanged with another guy. What the hell am I supposed to do?" He asked in a daze.

 

"What? Luggage? Exchange? Siwon… What are you even talking about? You can't say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter