final.

My Selene

It was Sunday morning. The sun was out, but the cool breeze that the wind is giving was making it less warm. Ahn Yujin was currently waiting for someone at the bus stop, feeling a bit nervous thus she will be seeing her lover after a long time. Of course, she's very excited too.

 

"The next bus will be arriving here in a few minutes." She told herself. Yujin cannot think straight. She doesn't know what she will do when her lover arrives if she will hug the latter or she'll just greet first or what. but she shrugged off her thoughts. "Screw it, I will just do whatever comes first in my mind."

 

Yujin saw a bus is approaching in her direction. Her smile is slowly getting wider and wider as the bus comes closer to her. She stood up after some of the passengers of the bus get out of it, looking for a certain someone.

 

There, she saw a woman, looking so fine while wearing a red shift dress. It was Kim Minjoo. Yujin was in awe. She quickly hugged Minjoo after she got off the bus. She waited for this moment. At last, she finally saw the love of her life.

 

"It's good to see you again, Yujin-ah."

 

"It's good to see you too, Minjoo-yah."

 

After they retracted from their hug, Yujin squished Minjoo's cheeks on both sides and said, "Is this for real? Tell me I'm not dreaming."

 

Minjoo grinned at the younger. Seeing Yujin up close feels surreal to her too. "Of course, Yujin-ah. You're wide awake." Minjoo stuttered while holding the latter's cheeks as well. "Come on. Where do you want to go first?"

 

Yujin retracted her hands from Minjoo and thinks. "Uhm. How about let's have breakfast first? I know you are hungry."

 

"Sounds good to me. Let's go."

 

-----

 

They are now at a not-so-crowded café. Yujin picked where will they eat and knowing that Minjoo likes donuts and coffee for breakfast. They are currently queueing at Dunkin’ Donuts. When they are finally finished ordering, Minjoo was about to give her money to the cashier. Yujin stopped her. "I should be the one who's paying for our meal." The taller stated.

 

"No, how about this..." Minjoo faced the latter and said, "I will be paying for our meal right now. And you will pay for our lunch later? sounds good?" Minjoo smiled.

 

Yujin thought about it and finally gave in and nodded as a sign of agreement. They searched for a vacant seat and waited for their order. It was quite awkward. they just sat there, and they couldn't look at each other's eyes. The two didn't know what to talk about at the moment.

 

But then, Yujin finally has the courage to look in Minjoo's direction, but Minjoo is just looking outside the window. She has now the opportunity to examine the face of the woman in front of her. "I can't believe I am currently looking at the most beautiful person I know right now." Yujin thought while smiling.

 

Minjoo can feel the stares of Yujin, so she decided to look back at her to check if she's really staring and she's right. "Hey, Yujin-ah. Do I have dirt on my face?" Minjoo starts to look touch her face.

 

"You have, but it is not dirt. It's beauty."

 

The older was taken aback. She didn't expect this at all, and her face starts to turn red. Yujin has been always like this, but She doesn't know she still feels butterflies in her stomach whenever Yujin says something like this to her.

 

Their order has arrived at their table and starts to eat. It was not that awkward now, thanks to the food that they're eating. They talked about what they were doing these past few days, trying to catch up from their busy days.

 

When they finally finished all their food. Minjoo asked Yujin after they stood up from their seats and went out of the café, "Where do you want to go next?"

 

Yujin just smiled and just grabbed Minjoo by her wrist and started to walk. Minjoo now knows where they will be going just by the looks of Yujin.

 

-----

 

"Yujin, why are we in a mall?"

 

"We are going to watch movies!" Yujin answered Minjoo's question enthusiastically while waving the two tickets she's holding. "I already bought these earlier, so we don’t have to line for it~"

 

While they are on their way to the cinemas. Minjoo saw a poster. “Is that where Kim Chaewon directed? The Grudge?"

 

"Yes, Minjoo. Are you into horror now?"

 

"I only want to watch it because of chaewon." Minjoo suddenly showed her worried face to Yujin. She suddenly remembered the trailer of the movie. It was horrifying. Minjoo looked at Yujin and said, "Tell me it wasn't the one you bought for us."

 

Yujin looked away from minjoo and scratched her head. "uhh actually it’s the one that I bought since I know you like her movies." The younger said. "We can just refund this and change it—"

 

"It's fine~ I'll be brave for today. I can watch it without getting scared. watch me." Minjoo pouts. She knows to herself that she'll scream her lungs out if there's a jump scare in the movie which is most likely to happen. But suddenly Minjoo has an idea to make her not feel scared at all.

 

She dragged Yujin, who is a bit worried about Minjoo, inside the cinema and took a seat. They waited for a while for the movie to start. And there it goes the movie, "The Grudge" started playing.

 

At first, the surroundings are very calm, nothing to be scared about with the movie yet until there's a jump scare. all the people in the room got scared and screamed. Even Yujin flinched at it. It was at the of the movie, but she didn't hear Minjoo screamed at all. She looks at Minjoo to her left and saw Minjoo with closed eyes eating their popcorn.

 

Yujin just giggled. "Are you enjoying the movie, Minjoo?"

 

"Yes. It's so fun and I am not scared at all." Minjoo stated, still not opening her eyes. She doesn't know Yujin is already staring at her. Yujin leaned towards Minjoo and planted a quick peck on her lips. "Good Job~" She muttered while patting Minjoo on her head before she continued focusing on the movie.

 

Minjoo finally opened her eyes after Yujin did it. She was flustered. She can feel her cheeks getting red. Good thing Yujin isn't looking and no one's beside them, she’ll be embarrassed more if someone saw her smiling like an idiot.

 

The movie went on and throughout it, Minjoo wasn't paying attention to the movie. They got out of the cinema and Yujin noticed Minjoo isn't saying anything at all and is looking down.

 

"Hey, Are you okay?" Yujin grabbed Minjoo's face and made it look towards her. "We will not watch any more horror movies next time—"

 

"I, I actually loved it."

 

"Let's watch again next time," Minjoo added while blushing just by looking at her. How can she not blush at all if this human in front of her just made her heart jump earlier because of what she did earlier?

 

"Alright. Let's go there! I'll buy something for you~" Yujin pointed at the department store of the mall and dragged Minjoo there.

 

"I've always wanted to buy you this specific hoodie on your birthday, but I don't know your size."

 

The two are currently looking at the yellow hoodie with a sun smiling printed on it. "Try the Medium size." Minjoo put it on her and it actually fits her.

 

"Perfect~ Do you like it?"

 

"Yes, but you don't have to do this—"

 

"Minjoo." Yujin stared at her eyes and held Minjoo's shoulders on both sides. "I want you to wear this whenever you are far away from me... which will not happen anymore, but still. I want you to think of this hoodie as me, hugging you tightly. it'll make you warm. Alright?"

 

Minjoo just nods. "But let me buy you a hoodie too."

 

"Deal."

 

After they bought the hoodies. "Leggo! Lunch time~" Yujin happily said and just went into a restaurant nearby.

 

The two are eating their food and Minjoo finished hers fast, while Yujin is still currently eating her delicious fried chicken from McDonald's. An idea suddenly went into Minjoo's mind. She took a picture of Yujin that was about to take a bite on the chicken leg she's holding.

 

"H-Hey! Did you just take a picture of me?"

 

"Yep~ I'm going to make it as my lock screen wallpaper." Minjoo was teasing Yujin, who is currently throwing a tantrum.

 

"For sure, I'm not pretty there! Give me your phone!! argh!"

 

"I will delete it, but in one condition," Minjoo stated.

 

Yujin pouts. "What is it?" Yujin didn't know why she is suddenly nervous. Well, who wouldn't if someone is in her position right now?

 

"Give me a kiss first." Minjoo pouted as if she's waiting for Yujin's kiss. She knows Yujin will not do it since there's a lot of people around them. But then, she felt Yujin's lips against hers. Yujin quickly snatched her phone and deleted it.

 

"Done~" Yujin continued eating her fried chicken. Minjoo was dumbfounded. she didn't expect that at all. "Why do you keep doing that?" Minjoo covered her face thus she knows it's turning red again. "I know you'll be like that. so..." Yujin stuck out her tongue after Minjoo removed her hands from her face.

 

"I hate you."

 

"The more you hate, the more you love." Yujin winked at minjoo.

 

---

 

"I want to go to an amusement park," Yujin whispered to herself, but unfortunately, Minjoo heard it.

 

"Amusement park, you say?"

 

"Well, yeah, I've always dreamed of going to an amusement park date with you, but I know you are afraid of the rides there," Yujin stated while she's pouting.

 

How can I resist you?

 

"But not with the extreme rides, okay?" Yujin's face suddenly lit up and hugged her tightly. "Yehey! you are the best girlfriend ever!"

 

The two went to an amusement park and the two went to their first ride. it was a roller coaster, but the thing is... it was small. So, Minjoo didn't have a hard time riding it. The two had fun.

 

They also played in the booths there or whatever it is called. They went to play darts. "Come here, Minjoo, and behold with the Queen of darts." Yujin threw her first dart pin, but it didn't even land on the board. "That was a practice." Yujin scratched her head and started focusing on the game. She threw her second one and it hit, but it wasn’t in the center. She also threw her last pin, but her efforts were to no avail. Yujin’s prizes are just gummy worms and she gave them to Minjoo. “I want to give you that huge stuffed toy over there.” Yujin just pouted at the latter after she gave her prize.

 

“Let me try~” Minjoo bought 3 pins and threw her first shot and the two were shocked at the results. She just hit the bull’s eye. They didn’t expect that at all. Minjoo received the frog-looking stuffed toy. “Here, Yujin. This one’s for you~”

 

“I should be the one who should be giving this to you.” The younger is frowning at this point and is crossing her arms. “Forget it. Give me one next time.” Minjoo squished Yujin’s cheeks. “Let’s just go to the rides,” Minjoo added. And this time she is the one who is dragging Yujin. The two went on riding the rollercoasters and stuff.

 

It’s almost evening and Yujin suggested that they should ride the Ferris wheel before they go home. The two waited in line for a while and they finally got on the ride. The two just sat there, holding each other’s hands while they are viewing the scenery. They could overlook the sea. Minjoo and Yujin are about to reach the top of the ride. Yujin remembered about something. “Minjoo…”

 

The older looked at her and is wearing her confused face. “What is it, Yujin? Are you going to break up with me?” Minjoo jokingly said. “What? Are you expecting me to break up with you after all this?” Yujin grabbed something from her bag and it was a small red box. She gave it to Minjoo, and she made her open it. It was a moon-shaped necklace. Minjoo loved it. “Oh, Yujin-ie~ How sweet of you~”

 

“At first, I prefer star-shaped ones than that, but then I realized, there are so many stars up in the sky, but there is only one moon above. I want to be your moon, Minjoo. I want to be your one and only.”

Minjoo got teared up and she doesn’t know what to say. Words aren’t enough to express how much she loves Yujin. So, she just hugged Yujin. “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Minjoo.”

 

But then, The Ferris wheel started to shake. “What is happening?” Yujin asked. She heard a loud noise after it. It was her alarm. She woke up from her bed. She looked around and It was her room. The girl looked at the left side of the bed. There’s no Minjoo insight. “Minjoo?”

 

She got up and start searching for her lover. Yujin looked around, to her bathroom, to the kitchen, and the living room of her house. Still no Minjoo. She is now wondering if it was all a dream, but she just shrugged off her thoughts. “No, it was true. Where are you, Minjoo?” She is now on the verge of crying, but then someone is ringing her doorbell. “Yujin?”

 

She quickly went towards the door and opened it. It was Minjoo, holding grocery bags. Yujin hugged Minjoo tightly and said, “I thought I’ve lost you.” Yujin is now crying her eyes out.

 

“What do you mean? I just bought ingredients from the grocery store.”

 

“W-what happened to our date? Why couldn’t I remember anything after we said our I love you’s?” Yujin asked between her sobs.

 

“Oh, that? After I hugged you that day, the ride actually stopped, but then it continued moving, so it was shaking. Remember now?” Minjoo patted Yujin’s head for her to calm down. After Minjoo explained what happened. All Yujin’s memories that day suddenly went back to her brain and remembered it. The staff were just fixing something, so they had to stop it, but they didn’t notice that it stopped, so they got scared after it moved.

 

“Come on, sit at the table and I’ll prepare us our breakfast.” Yujin retracted from Minjoo. “Don’t leave me, Minjoo, hmm?”

 

“Of course. I won’t ever leave you… My moon ~”

 

The end.

 

----