1/1

It Has To Begin Somewhere

It was their third date, and Yifan couldn’t have been more happier. He was thrilled to finally be getting somewhere with this short and cute man that he’d been so lucky to even be spared a second glance. The last two dates were a bit boring for Yifan’s taste, but the company of Junmyeon made it all worthwhile. He could listen for hours on end as the man asked him some of the oddest questions but he shrugged it off just to hear that voice directing the questions towards him.

No one else in the library was the center of Junmyeon’s attention. It was all on him.

While naturally, by now, Yifan would’ve at least gotten as far as knowing how soft one of those cheeks were under his lips, he wasn’t discouraged by the last two dates when Junmyeon simply nodded at him after he’d walked the male back to his dorm room and that was that. The promise of the next date was always there, in a little ‘I’ll see you tomorrow? Same place, same time?’ and that was what had Yifan floating on cloud nine as he walked back to his own dorm room.

So it did come as a surprise when Junmyeon led Yifan from the library that evening back to his dorm room and pulled the taller male inside. But Yifan was not going to complain at all. He just listened and enjoyed the sound of the male’s voice as  Junmyeon was rambled on about some subject that Yifan knew nothing about.

“Sorry about the mess though, I just kind of push everything out of the way to make room for the ritual,” Junmyeon’s cheeks were slightly tinted red, making Yifan almost want to coo at how cute the male was. He was so wrapped up in the sight of the embarrassed male that he didn’t even register what Junmyeon just said.

That was also how Yifan went from the different posters on the shorter male’s walls, making some comments about the same taste in music, to ending up in the center of the boy’s room. Junmyeon led him over to the odd design that looked like it’d been drawn in chalk on the boy’s floor, and he, more than willingly, sat down in the center.

It was the third date so Yifan was wondering exactly what that would entail with Junmyeon. Would he finally get a kiss? Would he be able to, at least, cop a feel of that glorious in those tight jeans? Would he get to see the male all flustered and cheeks glowing red from a heated make-out session?

He was broken from his thoughts when he saw Junmyeon reach into the drawer of his desk and take out five candles. They were all black, medium sized with some weird red symbols around the base of them. The candles looked a bit odd, but the only dots that Yifan was connecting was that things were supposed to be getting romantic now.

Because every scene in a movie between two people on a date where candles were involved, it meant that the night was going to be filled with heated touches, gasps, moans, and intertwining.

While Yifan did think it was, maybe, a bit too soon to break out the candles when he hadn’t even gotten to kiss those beautiful pink lips, he wasn’t going to argue against it. Who in their right mind would after all? With this route, it was almost guaranteed that he would get a kiss… among other things.

To make light of the situation, and to mask his own nervousness as he saw Junmyeon start lighting the candles, he decided to make a small joke, “Aw, Junmyeon, look at you, getting all romantic with the candles.”

Although Junmyeon’s confused eyes and answer had Yifan’s shaky smile falling, “Yifan, I’m about to sacrifice you?”

“Huh?”

Junmyeon flipped the lighter closed, “That’s what you agreed to last night, don’t you remember?”

Now that Yifan thought back to the night before, he couldn’t recall a single word that came out of Junmyeon’s mouth other than the sound was nice, his lips moved so beautifully as they formed the words. Occasionally the word that he pronounced caused his lips to form a small pout and Yifan wanted nothing more than sink his teeth into that bottom lip and then kissed it softly. The way that Junmyeon’s eyes lit up behind his glasses as he went over this and that, whatever the topic was, apparently the shorter male was excited.

But not once could Yifan recall anything about a sacrifice or ritual. His only focus was that he would do anything to get a small kiss from this shorter male.

“I agreed to be sacrificed? For what?”

Junmyeon’s head tilted to the side and Yifan’s heart fluttered at how cute the boy looked. Like a confused bunny. “Well, Kyungsoo said nothing bad would happen to you… just that I needed your body for the demon’s possession… you kept saying ‘mhm’ yesterday to all of my questions.”

“Oh,” Yifan was still a bit clueless about the ordeal. But a simple body possession from a demon… that did sound harmless, didn’t it? “Well that shouldn’t be so bad.”

“I mean, if you’re having second thoughts-”

“No, no, no second thoughts,” Yifan cut him off. “I just…” Would it be okay if he just admitted that the entire duration of their time spent together was Yifan just hearing Junmyeon and not listening? Seeing Junmyeon but not paying attention. Especially when it came to things like this. 

Who in their right mind would willingly agree to being used a sacrifice? What exactly was Junmyeon’s motive behind even getting Yifan to, foolishly, agree? Junmyeon probably covered it, but Yifan hadn’t been paying attention to remember if he did explain his reason to him.

 

“So you went through with it, Baba?” asked the young boy that stared up at his father with widen eyes.

The other boy chimed in, “Yeah, you went through with letting Appa sacrifice you?”

The older man held up his hand, “Now, hang on, we’re getting to the good part of the story.”

 

“Before you start the ritual… I just wanted to ask, er, well, clarify… the last two dates… weren’t dates for you then?” Yifan felt embarrassed at the way that Junmyeon’s eyes grew at his question.

He watched as Junmyeon reached up and scratched the back of his head, the awkwardness was clear on his face now, “Er… well… study dates. They were study dates.”

Well, that was a way of clarifying, and while Yifan figured it was just Junmyeon’s way of asking Yifan about the current situation, he would say they could be considered study dates for Yifan as well. He did spend majority of the time studying Junmyeon’s face, his lips, his eyes, his cheeks, his finger movements. So it was technically a study date.

“Well… I know you said that I already agreed to this… but…” Yifan glanced around himself and then back up at Junmyeon, “I’ll do this if you’ll go on a date with me afterwards? A proper date,” he emphasized.

The pink tint came back to Junmyeon’s cheeks and Yifan still couldn’t stop his heart from fluttering at the sight. God, he was so beautiful. “A proper date?”

“Mhm, like with dinner and a kiss to the cheek after I walk you back to the dorm?”

The darker shade that overtook Junmyeon’s cheeks made Yifan’s tint pink, it was a nice shade on the shorter male. He’d love to see it more, preferably under him- “Okay.”

 

“So you just let Appa sacrifice you to the demon? What was it like to be possessed?” the taller of the two children asked.

He shrugged, “I haven’t a clue. After your Appa said the magic words, I guess I passed out.”

“Appa woke you up though? What did he ask for from the demon?” the youngest boy asked. “Isn’t that what demons do? Grant things to people?”

“Mhm, that’s exactly what they do. Whatever the person wants when they summon them, they do or say or whatever.”

“So what did Appa want?”

Yifan chuckled softly, looking down at his two sons, “He wanted answers.”

“Answers? To what?”

Yifan wanted to tell them something grand, because wouldn’t it be a grand event to summon a demon to find some kind of knowledge about something important? But with Junmyeon, to Yifan, it wasn’t something that was deemed important. He vaguely wondered if Junmyeon had just told him some bull answer, but knowing how important Junmyeon’s studies were to the shorter male, he found little doubt in what Junmyeon answered him with.

“He wanted the answers to the final exam.”

He had to laugh at the way that the two boys’ shoulders sagged, their mouths falling open in disbelief, and the wonder in their eyes falling into confusion.

“He sacrificed you for the final exam answers?” Sehun questioned, being the quicker of the two to recover.

“He did. You know how your Appa is, especially when it comes to you two studying. He wants perfection.”

Zitao groaned, “Don’t remind us. But that’s still dumb, he should’ve asked for a million dollars or something.”

“Hey, have you two ever went wanting for anything? Your Appa works very hard and makes plenty,” Yifan ruffled the tallest boy’s hair. “But that’s how your Appa and me started dating and then, after college was over and your Appa was accepted into one of the best law firms, we got married and then you two came along.”

“That is pretty cool though,” Sehun commented. “A lot better than what Jongin said that happened with his Appas. He said they just met a some coffee shop and they spilled coffee on one another.”

Yifan shrugged, “It’s hardly a boring day with your Appa, that’s for sure.”