A Talk of Last Names

A Talk of Last Names
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started out as a harmless joke, the couple did laugh along with the members' jokes about them. 


 

"Kim Soo Yeon" Yoo Jae Suk had called her once when they were taking a break before they started filming again. 


 

'Wait what?' Jihyo looked at the man sitting in front of her blankly, sure it wasn't common practice to take the husband's last name, but there was no law that said it wasn't allowed. Now she was tempted to take his last name *sigh*


 

Jihyo albeit a little dazed had responded pretty quickly, her head whirling to look at her oppa questioningly "ah, ne oppa?" 


 

"ani ji hyo, we were just trying to figure out what last name sounds better for you" Jae Suk cheekily grinned at her while the rest of the members chuckled at her and she scratched her head to be less tense. 



 

Phew, I thought we were almost caught. She steals a glance  at the man beside her, her husband, Kim Jongkook, and the oblivious members surrounding them. With the way he was trying to laugh it up, she could also sense his uneasiness. 




 

"What do you think Kook- Jong? Kim Soo Yeon, Kim Sung Im sounds great right?" Yoo Jae Suk cheekily smiles at the muscled man sitting beside Jihyo. 



 

"I think it's fine" he says cooly and tries to will away the huge smile that was about to form on his face, as he reminded himself that Jihyo was already a Kim, despite her retaining Cheon. 



 

With that reply, Haha, Kwang Soo, Sechan, and Somin led the chant "HOLD HER HAND! HOLD HER HAND!" to which Kim Jongkook only glared at them for them to quiet down again and remain silent. 



 

"Hyung what about Lee Soo Yeon" Sechan pipes into the conversation which earned a "not bad" from his hyungs except Kwang Soo. 


 

"are you trying to tell me to marry Jihyo noona?" which earned him a slap on his head by everyone, an especially hard one from Kim Jongkook



 

"Ah hyungs! I didn't mean it like that! Stop! Stop it!" God, his head hurt a lot already



 

"I meant Lee Dong Wook you fool! Just because you're also a Lee doesn't mean she can't choose the better one" Sechan supplied and the rest of the members howled at how Kwang Soo had been once again, roasted by the protruding mouth man who was a year younger than him.



 

"Ah I think Jo Soo Yeon would also sound good!" Somin cheerfully adds and the rest of the members nod thoughtfully



 

"Ah why are we doing this? Am I getting married without me knowing?" Jihyo had asked out of the blue and the rest chuckle at her



 

"It's because you're already at the right age to get married you silly girl" Ji Suk Jin says softly, it was as if he was talking to his daughter. 



 

"You know that your Suk Jin oppa and I only care for your happiness right Jihyo- yah? You're like our precious little daughter and I'd like to see you get married and even host it for you if you'll allow me" Jae Suk ends with a chuckle and Jihyo laughs, deep in her mind thankful that she has them in her life. 



 

"Same goes for me too Jihyo, you know I love you like my own sister, I want to see you walk down that aisle with the man of your dreams and build a wonderful family with that person. Even if it's not Jongkook hyung it's okay, he doesn't have the guts to confess to you anywa- OW HYUNG OW I WAS KIDDING IM SORRY" The rest laugh at Haha's pain and with a glance from Jihyo, he lets his unloyal dongsaeng off the hook. 

 

"Me too noona, I've known you all my life and all I know is you've been taking care of a lot of people. Isn't it time to find that someone who's going to take care of you too?" Kwang Soo adds and the rest nod looking intently at the fidgeting Jihyo. 


 

'She already has me punk, I'm taking care of your noona' Jongkook resists to put into words what he was thinking at this moment


 

"Ne unnie, if you like I can help you with dates, I'll set you up with people I know, the good ones. I'm sure everyone I know would love to date you! Come on unnie it would be fun!" Somin grasps her hands and looks at her like a puppy dog and she resists the urge to pinch Somin's cheek and tell her that she's already married.


 

 Well at least on paper, because a certain someone couldn't wait to get married to her because it was still a few months away. 



 

"She's right noona! Let's all set you up on a date!" 



 

"What do you say Sung-Im?" 


 

"Come on Jihyo-yah, what have you got to lose?" 


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter