I love you

It doesn't matter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was, yet, another day of hell, quoted someone who dislikes Math as much as he hated mosquitoes. That sounds pretty random but Wong Yukhei, or more likely known by his glamour name, Lucas, was lying on the dry grass on the small hill behind the school's building. Ironically, an opened Math textbook on his face, arms folded behind his head and right leg on top of the other. Apparently, he was escaping from the brain torture class to get a pure relaxation with the warm breezes brush against his skin, the gentle sighs of the wind somehow soothe the entire him. Therapy, he called it. However, it was somehow felt more than that. It felt like a paradise for a moment until,

"LUCAS YOU BADASS-"

He was startled by the loud stern voice and quickly got up, which he was freak out to see Kun, his closest senior and also, the head of the student council, approaching him with a disapprove look.

"Oh no, not again." he got up and broke into a run to another hideout.

"YAH COME BACK HERE!"

Eventually, Lucas was brought to the detention room where he had to spare his two hours there doing nothing at all. Students are forbidden to do anything in that room like the room is pure enough for other stuff, like phone. Ironically, the teacher sitting at the front desk was playing with his phone, irking everyone in the room. Phones are basically everyone's soulmate, we can't live without that greatest invention.

Damn that Kun hyung. Did Mark expose my hideout again?

It was the third time that Kun found him escaped classes. Lucas loved discovering the school and he managed to find a pretty good hideout if the subject bored him to death, especially mathematics. That thing is just pure torture. In contrast to Jaemin, one of his friends and is a junior, that guy just loves math. That nerd rather learn that subject rather than hanging out with their circle of friends. With programming as his favourite as well, he was labelled as the cutest nerd by the rest. well, Jeno started it first though.

Mark, part of his circle as well, has the habit of walking around the school as well and kept on bumping to Lucas at a hideout when he was on escape. It happened once or twice, and hence, Mark knew where Lucas whereabouts like he put a cctv at the place Lucas at. He knew Mark didn't expose him on purpose though. The boy often said that Kun threatened him if he didn't spill it out.

Nevertheless, he doubted if Mark exposed him or it's just Kun that found him out of luck. Either way, he despised Kun for ruining his relaxation for his own reputation.

While Lucas was dazing off at the empty board in front of him, the door suddenly burst opened which obviously startled everyone whom was jobless for the wasted 45 minutes.

"Put your bag at the back and take a seat," the teacher instructed without even lifting his head up.

Just the moment the girl entered the room, Lucas was somehow, all of sudden, awestruck by her presence. He swore, he heard his heart gradually beating rapidly because of the dread silence of the place. As they coincidently made a direct eye contact, that was when he saw sparks around her, enlighten her beauty; her eyes, her lips, her tinted cheeks, her body-

"What are you looking at, freak?"

Lucas was taken aback. Despite the innocent look that she portrays, her attitude was a whole different person.

She took a seat on his right side with two desks between them. He continued to stare at her, or at least he was admiring her side profiles by then. He can't say she is that perfect but something about her that intrigued him which make her in his eyes, perfect.

"I'm looking at a masterpiece," he replied, "May I know what is the name of this beautiful masterpiece?"

She rolled her eyes, with her arms folded on her chest but kept her eyes at the front, "masterpiece? bull." she sneered, "are you blind? why would this brick-faced be a masterpiece? you and your sweet words are not welcome-"

"No talking," the teacher interrupted.

Despite the warning, Lucas continued, "I'm Lucas,"

"No one cares,"

"Obviously you do because you'll be wondering the name of the guy calling you a masterpiece at the detention room," he smirked when she turned her head with a sharp glare, definitely unbothered by that fierce look, "Isn't it true? You'll go to your friends later and said that you've met the most handsome guy in the world-"

"That's it. Lucas, go sit at the back and your time extended another hour,"

damn it.

 

______________

 

Lucas couldn't get her out of his head after the whole detention stuff. Eversince that day, he tried to find her everywhere around the school; library, cafeteria or even when they passed by classrooms, he would sneaked through the windows. His strange attitude went noticed by his friends eventually.

"Why do you seems like... looking for something?" Mark mentioned as they finally found empty table at the cafeteria with a tray of lunch in their hands.

"Someone," Lucas corrected.

"Omo, Lucas hyung finally like someone?" Jaemin gasped dramatically before putting a spoonful of rice into his mouth.

"Guys, GUYS! C'MON, THIS FACE? HOW COME NO ONE FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS FACE?" he said, with overflowing of confidence that it almost blew away Jaemin's and Mark's self-doubt, not literally, "everyone loves me, guys. Remember how those girls from Jaemin's class squealing at my handsomeness? and remember, I received love letters everyday guys. I'm just, too handsome for this ugly world,"

"Wow, I'm suddenly in love with you, hyung," Mark sarcastically stated.

Before Lucas could attack him, a few of their friends approached to their table, "Hello nerds," Donghyuck greeted and there was Renjun and Jeno followed behind him, "Hi guys," Renjun spoke while the other waved shyly.

"What did we miss though?"

"Lucas finally likes someone after rejecting thousands of secrets admires," Jaemin summarised on behalf.

"Who?"

"We don't know. who is it, hyung?"

"I don't know her name too,"

It was a total silence, despite the noises in the background, as if the time stopped for a while. Mark giving him a confused look, Jaemin almost put another spoonful of rice in his mouth, Renjun almost took a bite of the burger, Donghyuck stared with his mouth gaped, and Jeno simply raised his eyebrow. With that reaction, Lucas was dazzled as well, "What?"

"You like her but you don't know her name? how is that possible?" Mark said, trying to find the rationality in the situation, "how do you even met her?"

"Are you sure it's a she, hyung?" Donghyuck wiggled his eyebrows at the elder but the guy simply ignored him.

"It's love at first sight! I can't believe it's still exist," Jaemin said out of excitement, "She must be really pretty that you got your eyes on her,"

"Wow, hyung, which one is she? we might know her," Jeno chimed in, "hyung, I might followed her Instagram account-"

"Dude, you followed like 1000+ people, do you expect us to look at it one by one?"

While the boys were chattering, Lucas took the little opportunity to scrutinized the cafeteria, who knows she might be around. The amount of people crowded in the location is making it difficult for him to spot her. Often, he mistaken a few girls as her from the back. well, due to the school's rules that all students must have black hair coloured, he thought every girls who had long black hair is her.

Apparently, Luck is on his side now. He saw her at the table somewhere in the centre, talking with her friends.

"There she is!" Lucas grasped on Jeno's shirt, who is sitting beside him and openly pointing to the direction where she was, and by then, the rest eagerly get closer to him to find out the mystery girl that caught Lucas' eyes.

"That standing girl?" Jeno asked.

"No,"

"that girl beside that standing girl?" Renjun asked.

"No,"

"that girl beside that girl beside that standing girl?" this time, it was Mark asking which definitely made Lucas facepalmed, like how come are they not notice the most beautiful girl amongst them?

"Come on, guys. She is the one talking right now,"

The boys tried to look at her clearly and that's when Jeno gasped, "Oh my god, that's my sister,"

"WHAT?!"

"Nah, just kidding,"

Lucas burst into laughter that neighbouring table throwing glances at their direction, meanwhile the rest were complaining at his unfunny joke, "Stop trying to be funny, Jeno!" Donghyuck snapped at him, slapping his arm.

"Hmm, she's quite okay," Renjun then judged Lucas' crush, but contrast to Jaemin, "I think she's pretty though," he said, admiring the girl, "but I don't know her name," he continued, frowning while the others agreed, except one person.

"Rachel,"

They turned their heads to Mark, "I know her. She lives in my neighbourhood, so yeah. She is our senior by the way," the boy spoke casually, "I never thought you like her, hyung. I could have bragged to you that I saw her jogging every day at 5 pm around the neighbourhood," he smirked.

"I'll move in to your place then,"

"No thanks,"

"Please?"

"NO,"

"Guys, Let's gather at Mark's place tomorrow," Donghyuck suddenly decided and all immediately cheered at the idea because his place is positively a perfect place to hang out. As Mark was trying to decline the idea and finding reasons, Lucas glanced at her again.

Rachel

I'll make sure you'll fall for me

 

______________

 

Lucas was wandering around the school again, just because he had math lesson happening right then. He had to find another hideout or else, Kun will find him again and throw him to that dungeon. If Rachel be there again, he wouldn't complain though. He would thank Kun instead.

I wonder where she is

As he was about to turn to the stairs, he was almost bumped with someone. By the time, he glanced up, he tried hard to hide the huge idiotic smile from appearing on his face as the person was no other than Rachel, his noona.

Rachel simply ignored him but he decided to follow her.

"Hey, beautiful," he started, walking beside her.

"What do you want?"

"I just want to be with you,"

"Pfft, what the heck are you saying? get away, you freak,"

"I've told you, I want to be with you, Rachel noona," Lucas said and leaned against the locker as she went to hers, retrieving some stuff, "and you better be lucky because I, Lucas, is the most favorable guy in this school," he said with an ample of confidence.

"Cut the crap," she slammed the locker closed, "I don't even know you. You're seriously annoying," she walked pass him, however, that only made Lucas interested in her even more.

Fiesty? I like that

That, however, was not their last encounter.

Lucas surprisingly found her at one of his favourite spots, the place where Kun spotted him last time, on the next day. Rachel was sitting at the bench under the huge trunk, reading a book. He approached her without any second thought but at the same time, he tried not alert her or she might run away from him, although her back was facing him right then. He'd known her response from the beginning, or more like a reflex.

"Oh my god, it smells like upy in here," he started as he sat beside her.

Rachel gave a questioning look, "what's upy?"

"oh, nothing much, you?"

It took a few seconds for Rachel to realise the context. She sneered, "gosh, you've gotta be kidding me. You're so annoying,"

"You meant, cute," he winked.

"Disgusting,"

"You know, I was feeling a little bit off today, but you definitely ,"

Rachel stood up, getting her bag and prepared to leave when Lucas grabbed her wrist, "Give me your number,"

"Why would I do that?" she pulled her hands from his grip and leave immediately.

Lucas sighed, scratching his head. Rachel is one tough girl. Just no matter how much Lucas expressed his interest in her, she would just brush it off and went away, leaving him frustrated and restless. He never experienced such situation when the fact that he's well known and everyone loves him, barely he heard anyone dislike him. Rejection? he never received such respond from the girl he used to date.

Nevertheless, he would never give up, just yet. He was determined to do anything for the girl he's interested with. He will do anything and everything just to get into her heart.

"Do you know what I did last night?"

Lucas came over to her as she was at the locker, putting her stuff inside, "What did you do?" she asked, surprisingly.

"I looked up at the stars, and matched each one with a reason why I am interested in you," he smoothly responded but that only earned a dread silence from her, as she glared at him, "Wait, I think you have something in your eye," he almost touched her eyes, but held back, "Oh nevermind, It's just a sparkle,"

Again, he received another dead stare.

"Don't you have anything to do?"

"I do. I'm trying to make you mine,"

Rachel stared at him and Lucas saw the light pink became apparent on her cheeks before she turned around, walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter