Jealous Ji Hyo

Jealous Ji Hyo

Song Jihyo isn't the jealous type. She always tells herself that she's not like that and even when beautiful women surround her boyfriend, Kim Jongkook, she doesn't need to get jealous because she knows he's loyal to her. He'd never fool around with other women because he loves her so much. 


 

But there are times, when it slips through her mask of calm. The frown on her face would immediately alert the others on the show and they'd try their best to stop her from punching a woman on the show. 

 

---

 

Haha seems to have a knack at calming Jihyo down whenever he'd see her eyebrow tick at a woman's advances towards his best friend. 

 

"Jihyo yah, come with me for a second, let's go and get some food, you must be hungry right?" and at that moment, Jihyo's facial expression turns into that of pleased and he silently thanks the heavens above that his diversion worked or else there would be a cat fight going on ready. 

 

Haha takes note to kick Kim Jongkook upside the head for being careless, but of course, he'd only end up giving Kim Jongkook a piece of his mind because he's physically incapable of hitting the man. He simply sighs and thinks inwardly 'aish this hyung, next time I won't calm Jihyo down and let him face her' as he continues to lead Jihyo towards the food, happy that his mapo-gu sibling was appeased. 

 

--- 

 

Kwang Soo also seems to know what's up whenever Jihyo's smile would turn sour at a woman's touch and whisper to Jongkook. But before Jihyo could rush in between said woman and Jongkook, Kwang Soo decides to hold her by her shoulders and distract her with some clues they've found for the mission.


 

 He sighs internally in his mind, relieved when Jihyo's jealous behavior turns into her detective behavior once again. 


 

Silently rejoicing in his victory, he decides to stir her away from them and they continue talking until they find new more clues. 



 

Who knew jealous Jihyo could work so fast? Maybe Jongkook hyung should always make her jealous just so she can work well. But then again, he liked it better when they were all lovey-dovey. Right, even when I'm going to puke all the contents of my stomach because of them, right. 

 

--- 


 

It was finally Kim Jongkook's turn to face Jihyo's wrath. When Jihyo had stared at him in the eye coldly and had given him a cold shoulder during a mission. Once the rest of the running man members saw the exchange, they had ran off like it was the end of the world, scurrying over to  hide themselves in a corner whilst listening to their conversation. 


 

"Is she killing him already?" Haha whispers to the rest 


 

"Ani, remember she's like Jongkook, she likes to play around her prey before killing them" Somin speaks and they all share a laugh as they watched nervously


 

"I think both of them are going to be seriously injured" Kwang Soo pipes up


 

"Shhhh they're talking, Kwang Soo you're always too noisy" Jae Suk interferes 


 

"Maybe we should kick him out for them to kill" Suk Jin jokingly supplies and they all share a silent laugh before tuning in once again with what's happening outside


 

" If I know hyung well enough, he's never going to hurt Jihyo noona that's for sure" Sechan whispers silently and they all nod their heads solemnly 


----

"Jihyo what's wrong with you?" 



"Oppa? What's wrong with me? Nothing's wrong with me" Jihyo says in a hushed tone as she continues walking to search for clues.


 

"Then why are you giving me that cold stare? and whenever I'd reach out for your arm, you'd give me a cold shoulder and pretend like you didn't see that" 



 

" Did I? Maybe I just really didn't notice"  Jihyo retorted and the members wince at her sharp tone. 



 

" You've always never avoided that and you'd always make sure to meet my eyes whenever we're apart so don't give me that excuse" 



 

"I'm not giving you an excuse, we can't keep talking like this Oppa, we have to keep looking for the clues" 



 

"No, we're settling this here and now Jihyo, you know I don't like it whenever we fight" 

 

Silence

---


 

"Were you jealous?" The members wince at his accusation, crossing their fingers that Jihyo wouldn't be rash with what she was going to say after what Jongkook said. 


 

"Me? Jealous? Why would I be jealous?" she snorts disbelieving at his accusation and he narrows his eyes at her


 

"You are jealous" he says in a 'I'm right and you know it'  tone 



 

The rest of the members hiding slap their foreheads at Jongkook's tone. 



 

"Is he stupid?! He's just gonna get her angry!!" Haha angrily whispers to the rest and they all gesture for him to shut up. He slaps his forehead and listens with the rest



 

"Shut up" Jihyo talks and keeps walking but he stops her by grabbing her hand



 

"Why the hell are you laughing?!" Jihyo finally screams at him and the members hiding wince at her angry tone. Yup, that's angry Jihyo alright. 



 

"I just find your jealousy cute" he steels himself for her slap and she looks at him in disbelief, as if he had grown two heads suddenly



 

Everyone listening to them all try to stiffle their laughter at this side of Jongkook. Only Jihyo could bring out this side of him. 



 

"Wha- what? You're too cheesy!!!" she sputters and tries to hide the small smile forming and keeps walking



 

"wait! so am I forgiven or not?" he looks at her with puppy eyes and she finds herself avoiding those eyes or else her resolve would crumble 




 

"this is so not fair!!!!! stop using those puppy eyes and pout on me oppa!!!!" she wriggles her hand free from his grasp and she takes a step back



 

It isn't so soon before she finds herself trapped in a back hug. She finds her anger melting away, who was she kidding? She would never get mad at him for so long. Sure, she'd have her little jealous episodes but when he'd give her attention like this, it would all melt away. 



 

She sighs and decides to let her walls down. "Fine. I was…. a little jealous. Just a little" she says with her head down and he smiles at how she lets go of her pride for him. 



 

"But there's nothing for you to be jealous of, you know that I'm only for you and you're only for me" he says as he turns her around so she's facing him



 

"I know I know, it was stupid of me. But… can't you be a little less…. irresistible?" she says and as soon as the words leave , he ends up laughing at her



 

"awwwwwww Jihyo is so cute when she's jealous" he pinches her cheeks and she looks at him as serious as she can when he's literally pinching her cheeks to stop her from frowning



 

"arasseo, I'll try to be a little less irresistible for the guests from now on" he hugs her to him and she wounds her arms around his neck


 

"and if someone tries to steal you, i'm going to punch them in the face" she says as she narrows her eyes at him and he laughs before nodding his head


 

"okay, there's my violent Jihyo. With this face, you'd get away with any crime you would probably commit" 


 

"Yah! Don't tempt me, I'm keeping my record clean" 


 

With that, their voices soon fade away and the running man members who were hidden take that as their cue to come out from their hiding spot. They watch as Kim Jong Kook wraps his arm around Jihyo's waist and Jihyo doing the same before he sneaks a quick kiss to her cheek and signals to the cameras to cut that whole portion out. 



 

"oooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!" 




 

"That's so cute! Se Chan why can't we be that sweet?" 



 

"Kook-Jong is so gentle!!!!!!" 



 

"Oh Jihyo-yah kiss me mwa mwa mwa" Haha makes kissing sounds and while Jihyo laughs and finds it amusing, Jongkook was glaring at him to stop.




 

"Hyung you were so warm!!!!" 




 

The rest of the members tease them and start to chase them. 



 

Jihyo and Jong Kook turn back at the sound and when they see them run towards them, they quickly run away from them. 



 

"Yah!!!! Kim Jong Kook hyung, Song Jihyo noona!!!!!! Wait for us!!!!" 



 

"Yah! Let them be Kwang Soo!" 

 

 

"But hyung!! I just wanted to run with them too!!!!"
 

 

 

"There's always a next time Kwang Soo yah, just stay with us neh?" 



 

Laughter echoes around the halls and yes, it's another great day to run with the whole cast.