1 Chae After Eun

Me After You

It’s a chilly autumn. The sky full of gray clouds. The weather forecast says it will rain, so as usual, Eunbi brought her black umbrella. And as soon as she hit the streets, the cool wind brought raindrops her way, tainting her blue skinny jeans and black boots. Her khaki knitted sweater could only give her a bit of warmth as she sat by the waiting shed with a heavy sigh. She is waiting for Tomi, her bestfriend who was consistent in pursuing her to attend their highschool reunion.

The rain started to pour. She looked around and bit her lower lip as she slowly had glimpses to her memory lane.

>Flashback
Eunbi’s POV

Despite the distance and busyness from work, we still managed to meet every week. And here I am at her unit after traveling for 4 hours from my granny's home. My weekends are always incomplete without seeing each of them.

"You don't regret your choices the moment you make it. It happens after.” Chaeyeon quoted as she place the book on the table after reading it for an hour

“I’ve never regretted any of my choices. We always do our best so we wouldn't right?” I responded hugging her from behind. “I love you, Chae.”

I’ve waited but never heard her usual response and instead heard the 3 words I never expected to hear.

"Eunbi. Let's break up."

6 MONTHS LATER

“I’m okay.” Two simple words carrying a heavy set of emotions behind. Eunbi said those words after she felt Tomi's hand caressing hers. She turned her head to face the latter, faking out a smile before paying attention to a bunch of people who just arrived at the restaurant where their high school reunion is happening.  One of those is Chaeyeon, Eunbi’s ex-lover, now holding someone else’s hand.

“I know you’re not fine. Let’s go.” Tomi insisted as she pull Eunbi and led themselves out. They don’t care if their mates murmur or say something out of it, but they need to go somewhere else.

_

“You can’t handle much alcohol, Eunbi eonni.” Her bestfriend Tomi trying to pull her from the bar table

“Tomiyaaa.” She muttered sweetly as she shoves Tomi's  hands away. The spirit of alcohol visible on her face. Her ears turn cherry red now, not a good sign. “What have I done wrong??”

“Loving her too much. That’s what you did wrong.”

Tomi turned to her right and was surprised to see Chaeyeon suddenly show up leaving her girlfriend, Sakura, at the table with her friends. She soon approach Eunbi, leaning closer to whisper something “Will you please stop drinking? Stop making a fuss, and have a little respect for yourself Eun..”

“Tch. Look who’s here!” Eunbi smirked. She stepped back to avoid her ex. “Why the hell do you care about me. It’s my life. Now. Leave me. Alone!"

“You always wanted attention right? Fine. Now I give you what you want!”

“Don’t make me look so bad, Chae. Who in the right mind will not lose her senses after what you did?" Eunbi stepped back lousily. " Simply acted like nothing happened?!" Eunbi started raising her voice. The spirit of alcohol just gave her the courage to utter those suffocating feelings inside.

"After you break up with me, I considered it a cool off because that’s much bearable. I can definitely accept it later on. But what the hell!" The blonde bob haired playfully ex with that provoking, sarcastic voice and it started drawing the attention of other customers. Even the eyes of the servers were on them that it makes Chaeyeon more uncomfortable. She still managed to simply hold Eunbi's arm trying to calm her down but the latter simply shove her hand.

"Now here you are coming back with a new girlfriend just 3 months after that??!” Eunbi doing her best to keep herself together. “How is it so easy for you?! Have you ever did love me huh?!”

Chaeyeon move closer, facing Eunbi face to face, brows furrowed, “We already talk about this. And If I never cared, why would we last for almost sev- ”

"- because you simply dont wan't to regret your choice!" Eunbi cutting Chaeyeon off

"I did my best to make us work!!" Chaeyeon countered

The older simply shook her head as tears began welling up. “Have you?? Really?!" She paused to control her sobs and continued grumpily "I simply wish I never have met you.” Spacing out ready to leave, Eun stepped back but Chaeyeon aggressively stop her with a tight grip on her arm.

“Then SAME.” Chaeyeon sarcastically countered as Eunbi paid her attention. Her cold expression made Eunbi flinch. “If I have a chance to go back in the past, I’ll never waste my precious time with you ever again. I never knew you were trouble when I met you.”

 “That’s a foul Lee Chaeyeon!” A voice coming from a familiar face. Kang Hyewon, her teammate and archrival in Taekwondo, who always go head to head with her in everything. Sports, acads, and even Sakura, her first love and now girlfriend (also Hyewon's bestfriend)

“See?!" Eunbi shaking her head looking at the ground, bitting hwr lower lip. She then look up at Chae with tears running down her face.
"You finally blurted the truth out.” Eunbi carelessly make her way out the scene and accidentally bumping into someone making her lose her balance. Hyewon was luckily close so she immediately caught the older's head before it could hit the marble countertop as her other hand reach for her back to keep her close and safe. Eunbi immediately lose her consciousness. And as Hyewon carry the latter to her back passing beside Chaeyeon, she stopped at her tracks and whispered something to the latter. “Be careful what you wish for.”
                                                                                                        

_


                                                                      
On her way home, after dropping her girlfriend in her apartment,  Chaeyeon can't help but think of Hyewon's words, hitting her steering wheel twice. It enrage her how she in in her business.

As always. Kang never failed bringing inconvenience to my life.
But why is she even there?
Be careful? I am always cautious!

Chaeyeon 's train of thoughts was interrupted by a blinding headlight came flashing in front of her making her eyes shut, roughly hitting the brake.

The moment she regained her vision. Her eyes widened and was in total shock. She’s in her Taekwondo uniform, drenched in the rain.

‘No freaking way,, you gotta be kidding me. I’m just dreaming. I need to wake up.’ She stopped on her tracks. She close her eyes shaking her head while slapping her face lightly.

Eunbi was there waiting for her bestfriend and noticed someone looking so lost walking in the rain. It didn’t took her long to approach the girl and share her black umbrella with the girl.

Chaeyeon felt the raindrops stopped. Someone covered her. She knew it was Eunbi just by the smell of white jasmine.  She wanted to step back and runaway but her feet were glued on the ground. Soon, she looked up and her eyes were locked on  Eunbi’s gaze. Those orbs that  gave her warmth in those cold days.

That was the day she won a gold medal in nationals, but her parents didn’t made it to watch her and be with her to receive her award. They were included at Z429 flight which has been delayed due to storm. The day went by, and the same things happened. Chaeyeon was mesmerized how she managed to recall those moments vividly. The way this persistent stranger dragged her to the café she’s working part time and offered her extra clothes, even treating her a hot americano and a meal.

"Don’t you know who I am?” Chaeyeon sighed heavily shaking her head.

“Pardon?” clueless Eunbi replied

“Nothing. I said I’ll pay you back in time. I don’t want to feel indebted to anyone.”

“Lee Chaeyeon. Is it so hard to say thank you?” Tomi pointed out as her bestfriend bid them goodbye to start her shift

“How did you know me?”

“Who wouldn’t recognize the taekwondo champ? I actually go to the same school as you.”

'And Eunbi will actually earn her scholarship by being recruited for the swimming team.' Chaeyeon mumbled to herself as she space out thinking why she can’t even restrain herself doing the same thing she has done before.

Then everything went in slow motion. She’s the only one who’s aware of what’s happening. Soon, she saw a red letter in front of her. She opened it and started reading

You have been chosen to change your fate.

‘This is not real.’ Chaeyeon's eyes widened and continued

You simply have 3 tokens to control what's happening and be able to change what will happen next. Just say 'Reset'. You'll be able to come back to the present after the fourth encounter called as Act IV. Remember that what happens in every scene will bring changes into the next and surely affect your present. So be wise, young lady.

~

ACT I : Autumn Rain

Chaeyeon is the type of person who ignores people. She hates it when people just recognize her as the daughter of Lee. And Eunbi seeing her just as the girl in the rain felt refreshing. She’s taking a short trip into her memory lane and in a blink on eye, she was there again in the same place they met. It’s raining hard.

She still don’t believe this is a reset. But what do Chaeyeon have to lose? This feeling she has will surely be replaced in time. And she just wanted to end it soon. For the both of them.

One token used. She was able to avoid meeting Eunbi and was abrubtly sent into the next phase.

ACT II : Winter Bear

It was February, still getting through the coldness of winter. She was at the parking lot in front of The Breakfast Club diner. After their first encounter, they never her met again. It was where she met Eunbi again.

I suddenly missed pancakes. Chaeyeon thought

She got in just right in time. It was fully packed with students. Sofia, their favorite server , greeted her enthusiastically. “Welcome to TBC!! Table for?”

"Make it a table for two." A familiar voice came from behind her. She turned around and saw Eunbi on her varsity jacket, rocking a high ponytail in her silky black hair. Chaeyeon was mesmerized by what she saw. She almost froze.  Eunbi greeted with her gummy smile "I hope you don’t mind."

Surprisingly (well, it shouldn’t be a surprise) they ordered their usual picks. Pancakes.

Chaeyeon knew she'll offer Eunbi a ride after her scooter broke and wanted to redo the scene. She'll just pick a cab for her she thought. But before she utter 'Reset', fate is just too funny to put a little twist into their encounter, a consequence. This led Eunbi to get a chance to have a moment with her after Chaeyeon's car betrayed her instead. “I hope you accept my offer, girl in the rain.” Eunbi sheepishly grinned

Chaeyeon has no other option but to accept it or else she’ll freeze to death running under the rain.

“Luckily I have a spare helmet in here too.” The girl turned to Chaeyeon and carefully place the gear on her head. Chaeyeon unconsciously stared at Eunbi the entire time it made the older lean closer to   “Stop staring or you’ll fall for me.”   Those words. It reminded how she felt her heart skipped a beat. Like it was love at first sight all over again. It was Chaeyeon who really fell first but too blinded to admit it. Until now, she’s in denial to say it to herself.

As someone who hates feeling indebted, she invited Eunbi for lunch the next day. She was waiting outside gym where Eunbi often wait for her.
'So this is how it feels waiting for someone.' she thought. Chaeyeon never waited for Eunbi before, it has always been the older who manages to wait for her every single time, no matter how busy she is.

She soon saw Eunbi's figure walking toward her with that sad face. But to her surprise, Hyewon who’s riding on a skateboard at full speed, is headed to Eunbi’s direction. She was about to stop but her feet was caught up, she ended up jumping off it. She lost her balance and awkwardly landed on the ground with her first.

“Oh my God, are you okay?” Eunbi felt sorry, she knew she was too occupied she failed noticing the latter. She extended her hand but the other didn’t take it. Instead, Hyewon sat comfortably and just looked at her with that usual smirk plastered on her face

“You just saw a falling star, now make a wish.” Eunbi just can't help but chuckle looking at stoic expression of the girl in front of her who's ears are turning red due to embarrassment

Chaeyeon POV

This was not part of the past. And seeing my archrival Hyewon with Eunbi left me confused of what I am suddenly feeling. And what’s that smile Kwon Eunbi?

I slowly approach the two and had no other choice but to offer a hand to Hyewon who’s eyes were too focused on Eunbi.

If this is a consequence of what I did before. I don’t like it. I’ll make Eunbi meet somebody, but not Kang Hyewon.

Act III : When Cherry Blossom Fades

Senior High. At Chaeyeon and Eun's favorite bench near the gym. She was so pressured by the school council, to win the nationals again and her parents, to pass the admission test for SNU that she almost forgot Eunbi was waiting but managed to meet her. It was also the day she confessed to Eunbi.

'I shouldn’t be swayed by my current feelings.' Chaeyeon mumbled to herself and decided to redo the scene. Reset (second token used)

She saw Eunbi waiting and did her best to escape without being seen.

A few moments later, Hyewon came out of the gym entrance. She didn’t even bothered stopping on her tracks when  someone call her by her surname. ‘Kang Hyewon! Wait!’

‘Yah!’ A girl pulled her by the arm. Stunned, she froze on her spot as one side of her earphones fell.

‘Sorry. But have you seen Chaeyeon?’

‘Yeah. At practice.’

‘I mean, did she already left?’

‘Why are you even asking me that, you’re the bestfriend. You must know.’ Hyewon stated without hesitation. She noticed something was off but she still blabber it out.

Eunbi was left silent, breaking their eye contact. ‘Oh you have a point”  she mumbled before responding a small smile. She stepped back and look at Hyewon in the eyes ‘I guess I forgot something on my locker. I got to go pick it.’ She immediately made her way to the pool area at the back of the gym.

Hyewon POV

Kwon Eunbi. Of course I know her. The bestfriend of someone who consider me as an enemy, a rival, Chaeyeon. I don't really care about what people says. I only care about myself and a few people I care about, and that includes Sakura. Yeah. Definitely the main reason Chaeyeon hates me. She's her almost is never enough. Her first love. Well she's just my crazy bestfriend who chose me over Chaeyeon one time due to a misunderstanding which lead to their break up when we were like on 5th grade? Yeah. Puppy love. Now too much for that.

I don’t know how to really start a conversation and ended up blabbering non sense. Now, I'm feeling a little guilty with my feet leading me inside the covered pool area. I simply have a bad feeling after seeing her like that. I mean, she's annoyingly jolly always and its just unusual seeing her that gloomy. Okay fine! I always notice her when she's around. Who wouldn't? Her aura's too bright to ignore.

I could still see her at a distance but soon disappeared in the pitch dark corner. It's 7PM and the only light available here is focused in the olympic size pool area.

‘Kwon Eunbi.’ I called out but there was only silence.

“Yah Kwon! I know you're out there! Are you bringing the whole locker out??!” I took a nervous gulp and continued on my tracks going to the locker room when the electricity suddenly went off. I took my phone out and turn the flash light on.

I was walking cautiously then she suddenly appeared in front of me with her phone light on her face making her look like a white ghost  which caught me off guard. I lose a grip on my phone but luckily, her fast reflex  caught it. “Why did you even followed me here snobbish Kang?” she uttered with a lot of energy but her eyes don't lie

No words came out of my mouth and as she hand me my phone back as a small smile curve up her lips before turning away. She simply sat at the edge of the pool silently, folded her jogger pants, removed her shoes before paddling her feet into the pool water. She breathed heavily as she tilt her head upward. I realized how I froze in my position examining her. She gave out that charming giggle looking at me. "Don't look at me like that. I'm okay! I won't drown myself in here just because I'm feeling lonely right now."

"Just making sure." I shrugged

As soon as I turn my back on her to leave, I felt splashes of water coming from behind me.

I turned to her with my brows furrowed.

"Thanks for checking, Kang."

"Whatever."

A loud growl suddenly came from my stomach which made Eunbi burst into laughter and her tummy ridiculously made some noise too which made me laugh with her, breaking the ice.

And that's when I started to get to know her.

~

‘What did you even like about Chaeyeon?’

‘Her scent.”

‘Tch. you kidding me?’ Hyewon almost spilling her drink and shaking her head in disbelief but Eunbi cheekily responded giggling

“I’m serious Kang Hyewon! Stop making fun of it! I mean, her presence. It always give me this sense of security. She’s my safe haven. I grew fond of her that it often come to a point it scares me.”

“You’re too whipped Kwon.” Hyewon shake her head while getting a spoonful of chocolate mousse

“You can only say that because you are one lonely human.” Eunbi shrugged while making a face, unconsciously pouting cutely

“Wow. You’re now teasing me? Already comfortable?” Hyewon still expressionless but her tone slightly livelier

“You still piss me off.”

“Tch.” Hyewon shakes her head as her face finally brighten up with a smile

“Now you’re smiling. You’re kinda pretty, do you know that?”

Hyewon stared at Eunbi for a bit, surprised by the sudden compliment. She could feel her ears heating up and immediately put the hood of her white hoodie on and confidently responds without any hint of nervousness “Of course I do. I just don’t want people to fall for me that’s why.”

Eunbi can't help but give out a sigh of relief. She had a not so good day, and just can't believe how she seem to enjoy Hyewon's company.

“I never knew I’d spend time with the person Chaeyeon hates the most. And you’re not that bad than I thought.” Eunbi took a sip on her hot cappucino and a trace of foam was left on her upper lip like a mustache

"Tch." Hyewon leaned closer to Eunbi which left the latter puzzled, placing the tissue on Eunbi's lips without any hint of concern. "There you go silly."

"Yah! You could've just told -"

"Here's your waffle and pancake platter!" Another server announced upon reaching their table which got their tummies make that weird sound again and they laugh in unison.


After dissing Eunbi, Chaeyeon passed by Archery academy. She soon reminisced how her bestfriend pleaded her numerous times but never did she agreed because she’s too busy with school council. It made her smile recalling how persistent Eunbi was. Imagining those pouts and how clingy Eunbi was, Chaeyeon's lips slowly curved into a smile. But that sweet smile slowly faded as she realize how those memories was soon replaced by silent treatments and cold conversations she gave to her lover.

The clock is still ticking, she can freely do what she wants. And she badly wanted to go see Eunbi. She hit the brake after parking her car at the parking lot, and abruptly went to their favorite café, The Breakfast Club, where they spent those breakfasts at midnight meeting deadlines. She hope it’s not too late. Looking at each corner comes empty tables. She put her black hoodie on and asked their favorite server if Eunbi has been there.

‘Oh. Eunbi.’  Sofia responded.

Seconds later, she heard Eunbi laughing at the far right side of the diner. Upon seeing Hyewon with her. Her thoughts came flooding in as her tracks lead her their table in no time.

‘What the hell, Eunbi. How many times do I need to tell you not to talk to Kang Hyewon??”

“Chaeyeon." Stunned Eunbi stood up upon seeing Chaeyeon's eyes darted on Hyewon as the latter's grip on her arm tighten

"Chae, come on, calm down.” Eunbi pleaded, mediating between the two.

“We are just eating for goodness sake! And who are you to instruct her?"  Hyewon smirked as she comfortably face Chaeyeon which simply pissed the hell out of Chaeyeon. Hyewon took a step closer near Eunbi before continuing "She's not your g- ”

Chaeyeon took Eunbi's hand pulling the latter in her back "From now on she will be." She paused breathing heavily, still perplexed by the way she's acting. "And I don’t want her to lay her eyes smiling at you. Ever again.”

looking at Hyewon who's smirk was replaced by a small smile looking away. She softly gaze at Eunbi before getting her stuff and responded. "I'm just trying to be her friend when you're nowhere to be found. And please let her finish her meal first."


~

Years have passed. They graduated high school and went to the same university, Seoul National University, with Eunbi earning her scholarship. The first 5 years were fine but at their 6th year has been the start of the rough part of their relationship. The road to 7th. They say once a relationship pass this itchy year, then they passed the test and next phase comes marriage. But before their 7th anniversary came, there goes the moment Chaeyeon broke up with Eunbi.

Here's the final act.

ACT IV
Scene I That One Summer

Chaeyeon was at her unit that early evening. She grabbed her phone to check the date. July 5th. She knows what will happen today, their break up.

With the consequences that had happened, I know something's gonna change. Whatever that will be I'll just ready my last 'reset' for it. But one thing's for sure, the break up will happen.

So she took some time getting into her things and noticed a diary on her desk. It was a gift she never laid her eyes on. She knew Eunbi made it but she was damn busy and ignored it including the little things. She opened it and read the first entry which caught her attention.


Relationship is not a feeling, but a hard work. Because you are two imperfect persons trying to work it out.” I read this on an article and it taught me how I must handle our relationship. I’ll do everything to work it out because like what you always say "I never wanted to regret any of my choices, I always do my best so I wouldn’t."

Chaeyeon stopped reading, still holding the now closed diary and let herself be distracted by the city lights she can see through her glass window. She soon let out a sigh and closed her eyes as her mind took her down her memory lane.

“I always manage to make time for us but why is it so hard for you Chae?” Eunbi trying to fight back those tears but it involuntarily overflow anyway

“Are you tired? Are you fed up with me? Am I the only one trying to work things out?!” Her voice cracks, breaking the way her heart is. The pour of emotion expresses how long she’s been suppressing it

“Eunbi please. Let’s not talk about this now.” I pleaded because I’m tired and not in the mood to argue

“Then why Chaeyeon!” She interjected as she wipe her tears with her arms. She brushed her hair backwards, breathing heavily looking at the ground before looking at me with those eyes. Those bright eyes which used to be my source of sunshine. “Do you have someone new?”

“What the hell are you talking about! You know how busy I am!” I retorted

My heart tighten as the memory came flashing vividly.

Eunbi fell on her knees sobbing with her hands on her chest. It pains Chaeyeon how she simply uttered her emotionless response.

“I, I don’t know where it began. But I woke up one day and I just, I just lost the feeling. I  don’t feel the same anymore. I’m sorry. But let’s end it here.”

Looking at it now. She realized how self centered she was, just focusing on herself too much. She’s tired but she missed noticing how Eunbi fought for what they have. Eunbi was the only one fighting for it. I was too occupied with my life, I forgot another world revolves around me.

I flipped the diary and read her last entry

'If one day, you noticed I'm no longer happy after doing everything to make us work, please do me a favor and break it up for me. Because I love you too much that I can't even dare to say those words. But even though it will cost me much. Even though I know it will hurt so bad. Know I'm willing to let you go.'

But I know it won’t happen right?

~

Taking a deep breath, she thought about what happened in the past acts. How she managed to jump off through those chances of meeting Eunbu but she always end up meeting her again. But what intrigued her more is a new variable added making her lose her senses, forgetting the real thing she wanted. Hyewon was part of the past but never played this much role between her and Eunbi.

Consequence. She thought. She was warned about the changes and here it goes haunting her.

I don't want to watch Eunbi suffer again because of me. Will surely fall out of love in time like what I did right? But why am I clinging into it.

I have used chances to avoid her but it kept leading me back to her.

Chaeyeon shook her head and take huge sigh.

I need to end it now, as planned.

~


“What a day!! First, my phone broke. And now I’m in the middle of Seoul with this broken scooter.” Eunbi releasing all her frustrations talking to herself out loud stomping her right foot.

“But not with a broken heart.” A voice echoed from behind her. “Let me give you a ride.” it was Hyewon who has her car window down.

"And what about my-?" Eunbi turned to Hyewon pointing her scooter, still hesitant leaving it.

Soon, Eunbi felt raindrops falling so she immediately hopped in and settled herself in the passenger seat of Hyewon's sedan.

"I'll check it up later after dropping you wherever you are going." Hyewon uttered as she hit the gas with her eyes fixed on the road

It will be just a 10-minute ride but it felt longer. Eunbi felt the need to start a conversation but Hyewon cut her off "It's been so long. How have you been? I hope all is well with both of you now."

"Same old love song." Eunbi responded with a smile painted on her lips but Hyewon knows better so she decided to take a random turn in the conversation. "Let me share one fact about myself."

Eunbi looked at her confused but simply nodded litting up a small smile.

"I always apologize when I'm wrong."

Eunbi looking unconvinced, shook her head "Wait what?? You never once apologize to anyone Kang Hyewon."

"Because." Hyewon paused before taking a glimpse into the one beside her to state her point. "I'm always right."

"Tch. Shut up!" Eunbi looked at her giving out a soft giggle.

"It's good to see you again Kwon. It's been 4 years?"

"Yeah? It's really nice seeing you too. You tend to always pop up in unusual circumstances. You know that?"

"Hate it?"

"Yeah. So much." Eunbi's sulks cutely and dang I missed that.

"Tch. You love it don't you."

~

Chaeyeon POV

I took my phone and dialed Eunbi but her phone is off. Something is odd. It’s already pass 8PM and she was nowhere to be found so I headed down the lobby. The rain madly poured so I abruptly bought an umbrella at the convenience store. As my foot reach the entrance of the lobby, memories came flooding inside my head.

How we met.
How she became the person in that one song.
You're the coffee I need every morning.
You're the sunshine in the rain when its pouring.

How Eunbi calm me down in every storm.
How the 'rain' always seem cooled me down.

And it hurts me deep down, how I hurt her feelings simply because I'm a selfish being.
Then the rumbling sound of the lightning snapped me out to reality. I looked around to scan the area, and started dialing her friends until I saw Eunbi walking inside.

I wanted to run to her but my feet froze when I saw Hyewon behind her. I can't move and realized this is what's meant to happen, a consequence.

I saw how Hyewon look at her with those wary and concerned eyes. Eunbi simply responded a nod and quite of reassuring smile. Something inside felt so electrifying, like an adrenaline giving me such a powerful force that it makes me want to use my last token. But I did my best not to.

Soon, Eunbi took something on her hoodie pouch and handed it to Hyewon.

Taking a tight hold of the umbrella handle, I close my eyes to clear my mind.

Slowly, I opened my eyes again. And one thing just popped into my head.  Call me selfish but I can't lose her this time too.
Reset.

As soon as I have gained control of my actions I immediately approach them grabbing Hyewon's wrist containing something Eunbi gave drawing the attention of everyone in the lobby.

Hyewon POV

I was stunned but it didn't left me fazed. Instead, I resisted Chaeyeons's grip yet it was so tight.

"Let go Lee Chaeyeon or you'll regret this." I threatened looking at her with so much fury. This is the first time I really broke my wall and let my emotions overflow. Eunbi mediate between us pleading not to cause anymore scene.

"Please calm down you two." She calmly stated looking at Chae ". . . Please let go and I'll explain it okay?" She slowly reach for Chae's hand who's not loosing her grip on me. It's so tight that my hand almost let go of the key Eunbi gave. But she just can't control her temper well, until now.

"What the hell!! Explain what Eun?!" She let go of her grip to shove Eunbi's hand kinda hard. It was so impactful that Eunbi's tears we're visibly forming. This confrontation is slowly hurting her.

"No! Can you please calm down first? Okay?" She breathe in looking at Chaeyeon. All I can do is ball my fist at the side.

"My scooter broke and we accidentally met. So she offered me a ride here and assured me she'll make get "scoobee" home (her scooter's name)

"And you want me to believe that?! Plus. When did she even knew your place?!"

"I never told you but she's renting a place near granny's home."

"And you didn't even tell me that?!"

"That's the reason why I never told you that! And why would that matter. You know how I decided to avoid her because you wanted to! All she did me was good but what? I chose you. I always did. I always have been considerate about you." Eunbi is trying her best to hold herself and I am so close to just say something for her but I did my best not to interrupt.

"So what now?! Are you regretting that?!"

"NO! Never Chae. You know I love you. Please don't do this to me." Eunbi is crumbling. Her hands shaking looking at Chae as tears started flowing. I wanted to hold her but I can't. I have no right to.

"Tell me the truth. Are  you cheating on me?" It was like a wake up call to me bringing me into my senses. Those words came out of Chaeyeon's lips and it made Eunbi froze. She was not expecting that.

And this  soon sent chills running down my spine making me loose all self control and attack her with all my might.

"Stop treating her like Chaeyeon!!" I exclaimed as I cornered her off the wall. And BAM! They were summomed in another place, the jiu jitsu academy where Hyewon trained after leaving taekwondo. But it didn't stopped the two like they were too blinded by anger to realize where they were.

Scene II
Thunder in Summer
All Chaeyeon did was to attack and Hyewon who has mastered jiu jitsu defended herself mirroring the difference of both arts.

Hyewon gained the upperhand and is now on top. After a lot of throwing, slamming, she was able to joint lock and strangle Chaeyeon on the ground and did a rear choke making Chaeyeon submit by tapping

They were now lying down on the mat breathing heavily.

"You have no idea what she went through when you left her before." Hyewon broke the silence as she sat at the corner leaning her back on the wall.

Chaeyeon really got some serious split lip and brow while Hyewon is still holding arms which received some serious attacks after a lot of shielding. Luckily, there were nothing much serious cases. Chaeyeon did her best to sit accross Hyewon.

"She loves you so much, I thought you'll do the same. Plus I don't want you to feel like I want to take away those you treasure like you always thought." Hyewon looked at her with tears falling on her swollen right eye.

"Did you know her grandma was rushed at the hospital a month after you broke up with her? No because you kept dissing her calls not even reading her messages. "

"Did you know how she lost a lot of chances to start her career well because she chose to be there  for you always? Have you ever asked her how she's doing? How she's been keeping up? No. Because she never let it show."

Bewildered, Chaeyeon gathered some energy to ask how she knew those but Hyewon seem to be able to read her mind.

"Because I was there for her. Silently caring even though she chose to avoid me because of you."

"I like her yet she met you first. I let her go and I regretted it. So I'll continually care, actively wait no matter what."

Scene III
Summer Night Dream

Chaeyeon woke up with warm tears slowly flowing on her cheeks.

tbc. . . .