O N E

⚓ PIRATE Q U E E N ⚓

Through the crack in the bedroom door you can see a women asleep in a chair. Her chest rising and falling steadily giving the illusion that she was in a deep sleep though she was far from it, ears waiting for the slightest movement to wake her up. The paranoia she’s felt for the last few months was draining her but she would hold it together for the small child sleeping in the crib next to her.

She knew he was angry. She can still remember the pained screams that echoed though the night, igniting the ocean, angry waves crashing against the small boat she had used to sail away. Away from the island that held her home, getting smaller as she got further. She knew the empty feeling in her chest was caused by cutting off their bond, the empty space was usually filled with his emotions, his thoughts, a piece of his soul laying dormant inside of her but she knew he felt even worse.

The bond between a vampire and their offspring was a sacred one. It was rare for them to be able to produce a child of their own without turning them. When he discovered she was pregnant, he could barely contain the excitement to have someone that would hold a part of her and him. To have a heir of his own blood for his empire.

This wasn't a life she wanted for her child. At any moment used as a pawn if one were to discover who he really was and the war that would start because of it. Hongjoong wouldn't hesitate to burn a city to the ground if anyone where to harm their son. An innocent soul who could cause the deaths of many, she didn't want that. Bloodshed over an innocent baby who just happened to be born the son of a vampire king.

A creek in the wood caused her eyes to open, her blood running cold at the image in front of her. His pale skin glowed in the moonlight, red eyes looking down at the small child in his arms who wasn’t even older then one. Who snuggled even more into his chest, as if he knew his father was holding him even in his sleep. The small boy was the splitting image of his father, even his eyes held a tint of red in them that glowed when his emotions peaked. 

Her breath hitched as his gaze set upon her, emotions she couldn’t feel seen clearly in the red of the eyes she still loved. 

“How long did you think you could run for?” She snorts as his question. Lucky to have even been hidden for this long.

“From you..not long enough, especially with something you can track” She replies. The child in his arms was a breathing tracking device as Hongjoong’s blood runs through his veins, he could simply hire a witch to track their son.

“You know exactly how dangerous this was, you wouldn’t of went through the trouble of hex bags if you didn’t” He states, to which she adverted her eyes. She wasn't stupid, she knew her only chance was the hex bags. Acting as not only an anti-tracking spell but hid the distinctive scent of Hongjoong's blood that any vampire would be able to sniff out if they came within even two feet of their child “Why did you run? You know how much it would hurt us both in the long run” He continues.

“I’m trying to protect our child” She said simply, earning a scoff.

“So you decide the best option was to disappear the first chance you got, and then what? Wait for someone to realize he’s my son. How stupid can you be?” He hisses through his teeth, using whatever restraint he had left to not raise his voice.

“Don’t forget I’m still your wife and the mother of your child, careful how you talk to me Hongjoong. You’re the reason why your child can’t sleep at night without the risk of someone coming to kidnap him” She spat back, his red eyes glowing with an emotion she was very familiar with, anger.

“You’re right, our child carries a heavy burden on his shoulders because of me. That’s the price I pay for being king, but it’s also the price I pay to be able to protect him from those threats” He replies, to which it was her turn to scoff as she glances away from his intense glare.

The mood in the room changed when the small child shifted in his arms. His big eyes opening as a small sound left his mouth before a smile appeared as his eyes fell on his father.

“I missed you too” He whispers as he adjusted him to rest on his chest, leaving a kiss on his forehead “We can argue about this later, it’s time for you to come home” He adds, his tone leaving no room for her to argue.

Walking out of the apartment her eyes found familiar ones. A smile appearing on Mingi’s face as she walks towards where he stood.

“Didn’t think I’d be seeing you so soon” The guard teases as he bowed before his queen.

“I can still have your head chopped off” She emptily threatens as she slid into the car that was take them to the docks where the treasure waited.


GIF CREDS