Fin

Why Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a stormy day in the hospital where Sana is residing for almost 2 years now due to her condition which needs to be monitored 24/7 and at first it was a total war with the nurses and doctors but then as time goes by, she had learned to accept it and continued her life as patient 712. 

 

 

A bad weather meant Sana wouldn't be able to use the rooftop to her liking and that saddened her. The rooftop is where she'd usually enjoy the outside world without having to look at the dull colors of white and sometimes blue whenever she goes through her tests. 

 

 

Unlike any other facilities, the rooftop is an extremely safe place for patients like her, not that she was suicidal to begin with. In actuality the rooftop consists of a mini-garden, indian tents which was surrounded by fairy lights in the inside, benches where one can enjoy the fresh and cool breeze of the wind. It was great that the location of the hospital is situated away from the city proper as it's not a hospital designed for taking in emergency-type of patients, they got their main branch at the center of Seoul to take care of that, this building was merely for long-term patients who are in their healing process. 

 

 

And Sana was one of that. 

 

 

Sad as she may be, the rain couldn't bring down Sana just like that. This situation simply means she'd have to go on full duty in annoying a certain grumpy doctor, the one she has a crush on the moment she laid her eyes on her. 

 

 

"Dahyun-aaaah!" 

 

 

Kim Dahyun, the Doctor in subject, flinched and burned her tongue with the hot choco she's about to sip on. 

 

 

"Aish—" Dahyun popped a vein as she turned around, fully expecting to come face to face with the only voice having a high-pitched sound like that in the hospital. 

 

 

 

-_-

 

 

^_^

 

 

 -_- 

 

 

:D

 

 

-_-

 

 

;)

 

 

 -_-

 

 

;*

 

 

 

 

The nurses around them can't help but laugh at the usual scene they'd see everyday. Dahyun would get annoyed to the point that she got tired in scolding her and would just face Sana in her poker face as the latter expresses her love to her in different kinds of flirty expressions. 

 

 

In the end Dahyun sighed and looked away, trying to ignore the older girl before she loses her sanity as she still have work to do.

 

 

"Hmph! Dahyun-ah! Don't ignore me! You need your daily dose of Sana-chan!" The older girl followed her cutely towards Dahyun's office.

 

 

"That's funny. How about your daily dose of vitamins and meds? You took that yet?" Dahyun simply fired back, not even looking at her as she placed her hot choco on its holder before proceeding to open a few documents she'd have to check for the day. 

 

 

"Errr hehehe." Sana just cutely laughed as she scratched her temple. 

 

 

"That's why I told you Dahyun-ah! Why can't you just be my doctor instead? In that way, I'll heal quickly." Just in time Dahyun raised her head to look at the patient in front of her, Sana had already attacked her with seductive winks which by the way did not have any effect on Dahyun. 

 

 

Dahyun sighed for the nth time, "Sana I'm a Cardiologist, you're fine with that area. What am I suppose to do when you have seizures?" 

 

 

Sana stopped for a moment before smirking as she leaned further on Dahyun's table, "You can do a CPR on me Doc, I'd very much appreciate it." 

 

 

There it is again, that godforsaken wink. Sometimes Dahyun thinks, does Sana really have a brain problem? Because it seems like she can use it just fine...well at least in this area. 

 

 

"Please go back to your room patient 712, your doctor will freak out once he finds out you're not in your room...again." There was a depressing tone in Dahyun's voice. No one can blame her, she totally knows what it felt to have rounds then have that mini-heart attack whenever she finds the patient missing from their assigned rooms. 

 

 

"But it's raining! Looking at the accumulated clouds outside it's safe to say—"

 

 

"—a thunderstorm will occur, yeah yeah. Look, you're relocated on a room that cancels out noise from outside, you can't hear the thunder and just close the curtains if you're so afraid of it." 

 

 

Sana pouted but it immediately curled into a smirk, "Yahh~ how'd you know about that huh? Did my constant nagging finally made you see me as a woman now?" 

 

 

Dahyun stopped signing on the papers and pulled out her eyeglasses, placed it on the table before she leaned back on her swivel chair, "You literally pushed the emergency button last month. You were frantically looking for me and when I went there you just want me to lay down with you cause you're afraid of the thunder." 

 

 

The young doctor pushed herself up and rolled up her sleeve to check the time. Dahyun walked around the desk and grabbed Sana's wrist which caused the older girl to blush harder (she was already blushing at what Dahyun said earlier). 

 

 

"Let's go, your Doctor's rounds is about to begin."

 

 

 

Who wouldn't? It was the first time Sana heard Dahyun's soften her voice and not to mention her eyes that were focusing on her as she speaks. When Dahyun first came here, Sana was having trouble approaching her as she was impenetrable and looked like she was always on guard with her feelings. Not only that but Dahyun was also a very grumpy person, she wasn't mean, more of like reserved and didn't really liked to talk much. 

 

 

That's why that was Sana's first taste of having an actual conversation with Kim Dahyun. 

 

 

~~~

 

"...and she gave me her share! Aaaaaa Mo, I can feel that she's starting to reciprocate my feelings!" 

 

 

Momo, a flight stewardess and also her best friend who's currently munching on the jokbal she supposedly bought for Sana. It didn't matter to the latter though as she's currently preoccupied in daydreaming about a certain doctor. 

 

 

"Eh? I think she would've done the same to any patient she sees with a vegetable-free tray." 

 

 

Apparently Sana was telling her about her lunch date with Dahyun yesterday. It was the first time Dahyun had lunch in the cafeteria and Sana couldn't just let that opportunity slip away. As a doctor, Dahyun felt offended looking at Sana's set of meal that's why she wasn't able to control herself and gave her nutrition-filled lunch to the older one. 

 

 

"Tch. Why do you have to be such a bummer?" Sana pouts and Momo suddenly looked at her in a serious manner. 

 

 

"Yah, Sana are you sure about what you feel towards this Doctor? You know you're—"

 

 

"You don't have to remind me about that. My doctor said I'm fine, my vitals are alright and I don't have any seizures anymore, it's already been a year since it stopped and I still don't get why I'm still not released here." Sana's frown turned to a genuine smile as she dreamily went to space once again, "I'm not complaining though. I get to see my Dr. Crush everyday but sometimes I'd like to at least meet her outside this building. Go to real parks and have real dates!" 

 

 

"Well yeah you should get well soon and maybe make her reciprocate that idea since I highly doubt she does."

 

 

Sana slapped her best friend's shoulder. If there's one thing Momo's good at and that's destroying moments. 

 

 

"By the way where's Tzuyu? I miss her already. She's a better visitor than you to be really freaking honest." 

 

 

Momo shrugged and crossed her legs, "She'll be visiting you next week. Her business in Taiwan took a lot longer than she expected."

 

 

 

"What's her job again?" 

 

 

"Mediator."

 

 

"Yeah like hell I understand that."

 

 

 

Momo furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Sana, "Yah? Isn't it awkward?"

 

 

Sana grabbed the basket of fruits and set aside the apples before grabbing a tangerine and started peeling it when Momo asked the question, "Huh? Awkward? Why would it be?"

 

 

"You almost got married to Tzu, she's still single, and she still gives a flying about you or why else would she visit you almost everyday?" 

 

 

That's right. Chou Tzuyu was a family friend and quite close to her parents too that's why the idea of marriage arose and fortunately her declination didn't make any issue between them. Sana really just can't like Tzuyu that way, she knew what her attitude is whenever she's really into someone and though she might find Tzuyu attractive and sweet (she did like her a lot...as a friend) but that ain't it.

 

 

Kim Dahyun as of today was the real deal. 

 

 

Sana was so into her. 

 

 

"We're civil though?" Sana wasn't exactly sure how to respond to Momo.

 

 

Sana may have brain problems but she wasn't dumb not to see Tzuyu's actions. It was filled with adoration and the only thing that kept them the way they are today is the fact that Tzuyu was gentlewoman enough not to put any pressuring-actions towards her. 

 

 

Though Sana definitely feels Tzuyu's going to slowly cross that line sooner or later. 

 

 

"Yeah tell that to your mother who's secretly on the move in planning out your wedding." 

 

 

Sana literally spits out a tangerine seed and hits Momo right on the face, "Yuck—ugh Sana!"

 

"SERIOUSLY?!" 

 

 

Sana can't believe this. What was her mother thinking? Taking advantage of her situation, that's just low!

 

 

"No way! If there's someone I'd want to have by my side at the altar it'd be Kim Dahyun!" Out of mixed anger and frustration, Sana stood up and that made her hospital watch beep repeatedly. 

 

 

Momo almost panicked when Sana groaned and placed a hand on her head. Thankfully,the nurses here are fast enough to assist Sana in calming down. 

 

 

"Chaewon please get Dr. Kim immediately!" 

 

 

Since it was Sana's heart rate that had changes, it would not be a surprise if Kim Dahyun comes barging in with her stethoscope hanging around her neck. 

 

 

After the situation has calmed down, Dahyun returned to the room after having a talk with Momo regarding what happened, followed by the former and Sana's Doctor in charge.

 

 

"You really should take care of your heart Sana-ssi." Dahyun started.

 

 

"How can I? When you have it Dah-yun-aah~" 

 

 

That was Sana's flirtatious comeback and that actually got Dahyun to shut up and revert back to her usual poker face.

 

 

Momo pinched Sana's side and whisper-yelled, " you already had me worried! So please don't embarrass me—Dr. Kim this really not my friend, I'm just a visitor." 

 

 

Sana's doctor in charge, who's in his late 50s, just laughed, and pats Dahyun's back, "Well congratulations Sana, you're having a good feedback in your recovery." 

 

 

Sana and Momo looked at each other, "What do you mean Doc?"

 

 

"It means that the region where your brain stopped working has started to function again. We still have to do more MRI tests to monitor your brain though I have to say you're pretty much doing well already." 

 

 

That information brought a wide smile on Sana and Momo's faces and desipte being happy with the result, Momo can't help but ask.

 

 

"Why did it affect Sana's heart though? Wasn't it dangerous?"

 

 

It was Dahyun's time to cut in, "Oh not at all, it was just a natural reaction. The region that started working again was kind of abrupt that's why it shocked the heart. I still have to monitor your heart beat now and then but—"

 

 

"Please monitor me for the rest of my life!" Sana blurted out which earned her a slap on the thigh from her best friend.

 

 

"—I will be out of town starting tomorrow so Dr. Min will be the one to do that." 

 

 

Sana's mood really went downhill after that. She didn't even noticed Momo and her Doctor in charge leaving the room until she heard Dahyun sigh.

 

 

"4 days. I'll only be gone for four days." Truthfully Dahyun didn't know why she had to explain but she felt the need to. 

 

 

Sana looked at her, deflated along with her infamous pout, "That's too long Dahyun-ah." 

 

 

Even her 'Dahyun-ah' sounds melancholy.

 

 

"I have to go back to the city to fix some things. You, on the other hand, should be happy with the progress you're getting." Dahyun said but it seems to have no effect on Sana as the pout was still there.

 

 

With this, Dahyun resorted to her doctor tricks when she was still a pediatrician. 

 

 

"Say, if you progress a lot till the next 4 days. I'll bring you out to the city for a day." 

 

 

Now that caught Sana's attention. Excitement rush in as she leaned in and grabbed Dahyun's hands without any warning.

 

 

"Seriously?! Oh my god! Is it really possible? Yah! Kim Dahyun don't you dare lie to my face or I'll have you sleep beside me for the whole week."

 

 

Dahyun definitely felt chills for the first in a while after Sana said that plus she'd rather not. 

 

 

"I'm not the type to lie Sana, just drink your medicine and vitamins regularly. If I can see progress then I will make that happen." 

 

 

Sana's squeal filled the room after that. 

 

~~~

 

 

D-Day. According to Sana it was THE Day of Dahyun's return and her promise of having a date in the city. Sana had already asked for Momo regarding the outfit she'd like to wear and now she's pretty much ready with just some light make-up on. 

 

Although she's in her late 20s, Sana felt like a high-schooler on her first date. It was refreshing and she couldn't contain her excitement to the point that she dreamt about different kinds of date scenarios for 5 straight days.

 

 

Much to their promise, Sana really did everything she can to up her progress. 

 

 

Sana looked at the mirror once more, debating if she should change to that fitting turtle neck and plaid skirt or stick to this white off-shoulders and denim pants. 

 

 

"Hmmm I wonder what Dahyun prefers—"

 

 

She was cut off in her train of thoughts when a knock was heard. 

 

 

A wide smile has spread across Sana's face as she happily skipped to the door.

 

 

"Dah—oh."

 

 

Only to be greeted with Tzuyu's face.

 

 

"I'm sorry, were you expecting someone unnie?" 

 

 

Sana snapped back to her thoughts and invited Tzuyu in. The two settled on the room's couch, it was actually convenient that Sana's room is big enough to occupy 15 people in. 

 

 

"Yep. I'm actually waiting for my Doctor. How about you Tzu? Momo told me you won't be back till at least next week?" She asked, not evening trying to hide the fact that she's going on a "date" with Dahyun.

 

 

Though that might of have been misinterpreted by the younger one. It was normal for Sana to wait for her Doctor, what's not normal is Sana dressing up for that. 

 

 

"Hmmm well I got help from my brother and figured I should visit you as soon as possible." Tzuyu smiled sweetly which only made Sana feel bad for her. 

 

 

The older girl really does appreciate the way Tzuyu takes care of her but that's exactly the problem here, Sana doesn't want to be treated like that she wants to be looked at, eye to eye and not like someone who relies to others just because she's sick. 

 

To sum it up she needed someone to have faith in her that she, in her own will and prowess, can stand on her own feet. Tzuyu wasn't making her feel like that. Sana's a headstrong woman and Tzuyu knows that yet she's applying friction through her actions, thinking it was the best thing to do. 

 

There's no wrong with it. Not that Sana hates Tzuyu visiting her, in fact she enjoys Tzuyu's company. Sana likes getting pampered but just...not this way or to be more precise, not from her.

 

 

"Oh." 

 

 

Now how would Sana tell Tzuyu she has plans for today? Despite Sana's frustration about Tzuyu, she doesn't want the younger girl to be upset, not after going straight to the hospital after a long hour travel.

 

 

"Is there something wrong? Wait don't tell me I came in a wrong time? Do you have tests for today?" Tzuyu panicked. 

 

 

Sana can only chuckle a little before shaking her head, "I don't have tests today but I am going on a date." 

 

 

finding reasons. Sana can't lie to Tzuyu, it's the best form of respect she can give. Tzuyu has been honest with her in a lot of times and she just wanted to return that favor.

 

 

Confusion plastered on Tzuyu's face as she tried to understand and break down Sana's sentences. Who wouldn't? When Sana said it all so casually it's like a bullet just passed through her ear and she wasn't able to comprehend what it was at first. 

 

 

"Pardon? A date?"

 

 

Sana can see Tzuyu's puzzled face so she nodded her head, "You don't need to worry Tzu. My doctor told me my progress took a huge leap after Momo's visit the other day." 

 

 

"I—Uhh—That's not—What?" Tzuyu paused for about thirty seconds before she collected herself and spoke again, "Unnie I'm glad that you're getting well but a date? With who? And you shouldn't be allowed to leave the hospital unless you're fully okay. Who knows what might happen to you out there."

 

 

Sana can now clearly see what's making her frustrated with the way Tzuyu treats her. Stretching out her patience, she sighed and looked at Tzuyu, "Don't you think I deserve this Tzu? I've been here for 2 years and I barely remember the feeling of riding a train so please why can't you just give this to me? Besides what could go wrong? I'm with a Doctor, surely that'll be reassuring enough for you." 

 

 

Tzuyu reluctantly agreed with that but she hasn't voiced it out yet and instead brought up Sana's mother, "Have you talked with your mother about this?" 

 

 

Mother? 

 

 

Sana scoffed, "Mother? Her last visit was when I can't calm down crying during my first 5 days in the hospital." 

 

 

Tzuyu gets it. Well if Sana wishes to have a stroll outside and with a Doctor (Tzuyu thought the date is all about Sana's Neuro doing the older girl a favor) nonetheless, she guessed there was nothing to worry about. 

 

 

"Okay I'm sorry. You should've said you wanted to go outside Unnie. I could've brought you out if you wanted to." The younger girl stated. 

 

 

That was really not the case at all. It was Kim Dahyun they're talking about. Sana's all-time crush. It's not a matter of her going out it's the "who" she's going with. 

 

 

"I know you're busy Tzu. I noticed you've been distressed lately and your visits are getting shorter." Sana pointed out. 

 

 

Tzuyu might be her 'almost' but she still cared for her like how an older sister takes care of their sibling. 

 

 

"Look, you don't need to visit when you're not feeling okay. Your health must be your priority." 

 

 

Tzuyu smiled at this and stood up. She walked over to Sana and ruffled her hair, "Says the one who's in the hospital." 

 

 

"Yah! I just did that!" Sana said referring to her hair. 

 

 

"You're right unnie. Being a mediator for my brother and my mother isn't easy and it's taking a toll on me. I guess I do have to resort in asking for Elkie's help." Tzuyu explained followed by a depressing sigh. 

 

 

 

Sana internally smiled, she knew Elkie from Nayeon's constant "tea-sharing" with her whenever the older girl visits and from the looks of it, Sana needn't to be worried about Tzuyu's feelings for her. 

 

 

That might change sooner or later and Sana's perfectly fine with that. 

 

 

"I wish you Good Luck in your predicament Tzu." Sana genuinely said, embracing the younger one. 

 

 

"Hmmm yeah well good luck in your rehabilitation too. Get well soon unnie, so that I can bring you to our usual sushi place in Busan." 

 

 

Sana's smile widened, "I'd love that!" 

 

 

Sana was right when she said Tzuyu's visits are getting shorter. It did not take long for the younger one to bid good-bye when she received a text message saying her mother yelled at her sister-in-law once again. 

 

 

Now the japanese girl went back to waiting. 

 

 

"What's taking Dahyun awfully long?" She muttered and decided to lay down for a while.

 

 

For a while turned to hours and when she woke up it's already late in the afternoon. 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah?" 

 

 

Sana squinted her eyes and saw her meal (provided by the hospital) on a tray, sitting on the table.

 

 

No Kim Dahyun appeared that day.

 

 

~~

 

"Good Morning Dr. Kim."

 

"You look sleek today Dr. Kim!"

 

 

"Oh? No duty today?" Jungkook the head nurse asked her after Dahyun handed out some files for the station.

 

 

"Nah I have to take a patient out." Dahyun simply said.

 

 

Jungkook switched over to his teasing face and poked his boyfriend beside him, who's also a nurse assigned on this station.

 

 

"Hey Tae, heard that? Dahyun's actually getting a life!" 

 

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes at that.

 

 

Taehyung grinned before securing the documents Dahyun gave, "Didn't know you're into patients Dahyun-ah." 

 

 

Dahyun rolled up a magazine on the counter and hits the two with it. Jungkook and Taehyun just laughed at this while Dahyun glared at them, "Yah I swear if rumors starts to spread I'm going to break your necks. You both know I have a—"

 

 

It was Taehyung who stopped Dahyun's rapping and shushed her, "Yeah, yeah we know. Just get out of our sight before we start to tease you again. You grumpy hooman being." 

 

 

Jungkook snickered at that only to be hit by another rolled magazine from his back, "Oww!"

 

 

"Stop teasing my cousin and start doing some serious work." 

 

 

Behind Jungkook is another grumpy Doctor but unlike Dahyun he completely had his life out of him as evident on his lazy eyes and bad posture.

 

 

"Yoongi-oppa." Dahyun greeted and Yoongi just responded with a small wave before hitting Jungkook again with a rolled paper.

 

 

"I need you to take a blood sample on patient 316 and get patient 420's blood pressure, after that check patient 207's vital stats." 

 

 

Taehyung and Dahyun supressed their laughter at this, talk about karma.

 

 

Jungkook's face fell and he slowly approached the older one with such care, "H-hyung that's like 3 different floors. You do know we're in the 5th floor, right?" 

 

 

Yoongi placed his cup of coffee on the counter and looked at him, "Yeah but then so what?" 

 

 

"Pfft." Before Dahyun can even laugh at Jungkook's face she started walking away from the scene but not without giving him a pat on the back, "Karma is my pet."

 

 

By the time Dahyun reached Sana's door, it was already time for breakfast whicu meant that Dahyun was too early and that is because she wanted Sana to fullt enjoy the day.

 

 

But that does not seem to be the case when she saw Sana laying on the bed and has her back facing her. 

 

 

"Hoh? What's this? Sana-ssi? I assumed you're at least getting rea—"

 

 

Dahyun wasn't able to finish her sentence when Sana turned around, still on her off-shoulders from yesterday and her eyes were red from all the crying she had last night.

 

 

The Doctor immediately went to Sana's side and took her hand on her own or more like placing a finger on her wrist, a habitnshe developed whenever she's panicking.

 

"Sana,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter