The Wedding Invitation

The Wedding Invitation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon happily waved at her bestfriend when she got in the restaurant. Her bestfriend invited her for dinner, she said she had something to tell her that was very important. But by the looks of her bestfriend she knew that it was something serious. She sat in front of the latter while still smiling widely. 


 

"Hey, what's up?" Hyewon asked as she scans the menu.


 

"Seriously? You are scanning their menu when you already memorized all of their foods here?" 


 

Hyewon chuckled "Don't be such a bummer"


 

Hyewon then proceeds to call one of the waiter's and hand him their usual orders.


 

"So, what's going on and you suddenly ask me for dinner?" she asked.


 

Eunbi purses her lips as she fiddles with her fingers. She doesn't speak just yet, she wants to observe Hyewon first. The girl is kinda hype up today. 


 

Man, how do I tell her???? She thought.


 

"Let's eat first, yeah? I am sure that you are hungry as hell" Hyewon looked at her suspiciously, but proceeds to agree with her.


 

"You got it right. That meeting took three hours and I didn't have time to eat some snacks or something after that" she sighed and pouted cutely. 


 

"Awww my poor little Hyewonnie. Don't worry, you can eat as much as you want and I will pay for it" Eunbi grinned at her bestfriend. 


 

She knows Hyewon loves to eat, so she tends to eat a lot especially if they are eating at their favorite restaurant. 


 

"Alright!!! Free food!!!" Hyewon clapped her hands as she got too excited because of what Eunbi told her. 


 

After a couple of minutes their food arrived. In fact, Eunbi ordered it beforehand as a consideration for Hyewon, she knows the latter is hungry based on their text conversation earlier. They started digging in on their food while having small talks, like how their day was and some TMI stories that they always share to each other. Eunbi and Hyewon grew up together, they knew each other the best and they don't keep secrets to each other. It's their pact not to keep a secret and they were keeping that pact up to this day. Or will they???


 

Eunbi wiped her lips with a tissue, getting herself prepared on what she was about to say.


 

"Why are you so tense? Did something happen?" Hyewon reaches out across the table to hold Eunbi's cold hand. She rubbed Eunbi's knuckles in circle motion to calm her down.


 

"First of all I wanna say I am deeply sorry" Eunbi tightened her hold on Hyewon's hand "I didn't mean to keep it to you, Hyewon I am so sorry" tears glistening her eyes already. 


 

"Go on, what is it?"


 

Eunbi pulled out a small yet very elegant lavender colored envelope from her bag and handed it to Hyewon.


 

"What's this?" Hyewon frowned while still eyeing the suspicious envelope. She is getting nervous by second. 


 

This is not what I am thinking right??


 

"H-hyewon-ah. I am getting married" Hyewon scoffed as she withdrew her hand from Eunbi. 


 

Anger fills up her system. She felt betrayed. She wanted to cry but her emotions are rushing at the moment. But the emotion that eats her up is pain, and she knows it wasn't because Eunbi betrayed her but it's because the girl she loved all her life is getting married. They were in high school when she realized that she fell in love with her bestfriend, but she never dared to confess her feelings, afraid that Eunbi might distance herself from her. So she kept it to herself. But their other friend knows that she loves Eunbi more than a friend, they even pushed her before to confess but she never did. And here they are, Eunbi suddenly announcing her marriage out of nowhere. 


 

"Are you telling me that you have a boyfriend all this time?!" She balled her fists, knuckles turning white.


 

"I'm so sorry" Eunbi tries to reach out to hold her hands but she backs away. 


 

"Is it that hard to tell me, your bestfriend, that you are in a relationship?! Eunbi what in the world?!" she gritted her teeth.


 

"I-i don't know how am I going to tell it to you. I'm sorry" a tear drops, Hyewon wants to wipe it but she holds back herself.


 

This is not the time to get soft after a single tear.


 

"I'm sorry but I have to go. Thanks for the effort for personally giving me this wedding invitation" she said sarcastically and left the restaurant with the invitation on her hand tightly gripping it.


 

Eunbi took a deep breath as she fished out her phone and sent a text to Chaeyeon.


 

To: Chaeyeonnie

Hey, I told her already…


 

From: Chaeyeonnie

How did it go?? Are you ok??


 

To: Chaeyeonnie

She got mad at me stormed out of the restaurant


 

From: Chaeyeonnie

Srsly, why can't you just tell her THAT like a normal person??


 

To: Chaeyeonnie

Just wish me luck, ok? I need to coax her.


 

From: Chaeyeonnie

Yeah yeah, whatever floats your boat. Just update me ok??


 

To: Chaeyeonnie

Copy that!! Thanks!!


 

Eunbi massaged her temples "What have I done?" she murmured under her breath.


 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

It has been a week ever since the incident. Hyewon is avoiding Eunbi at all cost. She doesn't know how to face the latter. She bawled her eyes out for a week, she goes to work with puffy eyes, she works late and she lost her appetite. Yena has been looking out for her for the entire week. Yena knows hkw much Hyewon loves Eunbi, and seeing her friend so broken the least she can do is be there for her. 


 

It's saturday and Hyewon took an off from work today. She felt her body is already drain, from crying, to drowning herself with work, and from being sleep deprived. She wanted to spend her day lazing around and eat delicious foods and sleep. Sure, her heart still aching, but she has to learn the fact that the love of her life is getting married soon. She glared at the lavender invitation that was sitting on her bed side table. She scoffed while staring at it, she didn't even bother to open it. All she wanna do is to shred it into pieces and burn it. Her thoughts got interrupted when her door bell booms around her house. She cursed under her breath. 


 

"Who the ing hell dare to disturb me on my suppose rest day?!" She got out of her bed hastily to open her front door.


 

"Hi" said the girl on the door.


 

There goes my rest day. GREAT!!!!!


 

"What are you doing here?" if looks could kill, Eunbi was probably lying down on the floor now, lifeless. 


 

Eunbi did not answer her, instead she sneak in between Hyewon and the door to let herself in inside the house, and make her way to the couch and sat there comfortably. Hyewon followed her and stood in front of the girl, arms cross over her chest. 


 

"What do you want?" she ask coldly. 


 

Eunbi felt a shiver crepting up her spine when she heard the cold tone from Hyewon. She eyed Hyewon from head to toe, messy hair bun, baggy shirt, short shorts and that cute bunny slippers that she bought last month for her. 


 

Damn, how to be so beautiful like her? Eunbi thought


 

"I want to talk to you"


 

"About?"


 

"Us"


 

Us? What in the world?! Hyewon scoffed.


 

Hyewon just rolled her eyes and left for the kitchen to prepare herself some breakfast. She decided to cook some ramyeon because she felt like all of her energy already drained out from her body. While waiting for the water to boil, she felt strong arms circling her waist, hugging her tightly from behind


 

"Please listen to me?" Eunbi pleaded as she burt her head on Hyewon's shoulder.


 

And there goes the butterflies on her tummy again. Her heart beating fast as always because Eunbi is hugging her like this again. She loves the feeling, but she hates herself for still feeling the same feeling as before. One hug from Eunbi and all of her anger melts. She hates herself for being weak for Eunbi.


 

"Let's eat while having the talk that you want" she swallowed an invisible lump on . She cannot say no to the latter. 


 

She was expecting for Eunbi to release her from the hug, but Eunbi tightenes the hug more and snuggled her head more in between her neck and shoulder. She didn't complain though, she will savor the moment as long as she can.


 

"Tell me"


 

They started eating but no one is talking. The silence making Hyewon restless.


 

"Hyewon I am really really sorry for what I did, I know it will be hard to forgive me and I will accept that fact. But there is one favor I wanna ask from you" Eunbi bit her lower lip, it's her habit when she is feeling nervous. 


 

"Ok what is it?"


 

"I know this sounds absurd, I hurted you, betrayed you, kept secrets from you, but Hye you are the only person I am trusting to this with me" she paused.


 

"Go on, I'm listening"


 

"Will you please help me arranged my wedding?" Hyewon gripped her spoon tightly.


 

Is she freaking serious?! She wants me to come with her to arrange her wedding?!!!!


 

"Shouldn't you do that with your soon to be groom?" She raised her eyebrow.


 

"That's the thing, he's overseas right now and can't come home"


 

Hyewon gritted her teeth, she's breathing hard, she wanna get mad, she wanna diss Eunbi's boyfriend but she held it in. 


 

"And why the hell is that?"


 

"They have a big project overseas, and if it became successful he will get promoted in a more higher position. He said he is doing this to provide for us in the future" Eunbi bit her tongue. She is nervous that Hyewon might decline her offer. 


 

"I see" Hyewon study her for a bit while thinking "Fine, I will do it"


 

The only choice I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter