Chapter 3

Lady Palette
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan decides to take a walk around the garden after answering the endless questions one guest to another, most of them talking about how much her artworks could be, delightfully impressed by the pieces hung in the exhibit walls. She walks outside the mansion, towards a pathway lit by moonlight.

Seugwan looks around, cautious of smoking in front of the guards. She lights up a cigarette, exhales, satisfied with how the entire day went. It could’ve been worse than that, but for royal gatherings such as Lord Son’s exhibit, it was a big relief for the young woman. The last thing she wanted was seeing her father’s cold gaze and keeping her inside his office for hours. lecturing here and there about how her name meant value and future for their family. If only I have been blessed enough to have a brother.

Her ears perk up on the faint sound of a man yelling out her name. She steps on the cigarette and starts walking back to the hall. She was almost near the doors when she recognizes that it was one of Lady Margaret's guards, panting with his fist crumpling his shirt, called for her once more.

“Milady, Lady Margaret has sent me to deliver a message. One of the townspeople gave it to her outside the gates.” It was then she noticed the blue envelope on the guard’s hand, sealed with wax and pressed with a design that was all too familiar for her.

 

The seal consisted of blue and white hyacinths and tampered with a M.

 

Seungwan carefully opens the envelope. Her breath hitches.
 

“She never took a peek on what’s inside, didn’t she?” The guard shakes his head, Seungwan sighs in relief and closes the envelope.

“You shall not speak of this to anyone, especially Seulgi. We never had this conversation. You may go.” Seungwan grabs the letter and walks towards th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter