c.i

make a wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon grimaced in pain as she felt her head banged against the window of the bus. It was almost 11 in the evening and she was just on her way home, courtesy of her ever so demanding boss. To be honest, thoughts of quitting her job has been looming over her head for quite a while now. She never liked and enjoyed her job anyway.

 

But reality just love slapping her in the face hard, she assumed. 

 

Whenever she was half-way typing her resignation letter, she would always remember the unpaid bills and the empty refrigerator she have. 

 

If she knew life was harsher at her late 20's, she should have been a little bit kinder to herself when she was younger.

 

She should've have celebrated all the perfect and passing scores, and even the barely passing marks she got. Because right now, she didn't feel like anything's worth celebrating. Her job made her feel drained, the responsibilities and deadlines left a little room for her own satisfication. All she's doing was comply and surrender to the capitalist society.

 

She should've let herself take things easy, fool around with the few friends she made instead of locking herself on her room to study, then at least she would have memories she could chuckle at when things get heavy. 

 

The only time she let herself let loose a little was back when she was in last year of high school--- based on what she remembered at least. There was this smiley sunshine and ball of energy junior that  everyone absolutely adores, including her. 

 

She met the junior when she volunteered on one charity event their school has sponsored. Coincidentally, the younger volunteered in the event too. They occasionally shared some conversations and it was a little bit strange how they just vibed with each other considering their then almost but not so polar opposite personalities.

 

But Chaewon didn't really think they will ever talk again after the event. It wasn't like Chaewon was a total snob, she was just shy and awkward about inniating conversations. 

 

What a shame, she thought. 

 

She was about to pass the junior down the hallway when the latter greeted her loudly with a bright smile. Chaewon felt relieved when the younger actually made an effort to greet her every time she sees her in the hallways or anywhere. The junior would also occasionally join her for lunch.

 

One late afternoon on her way home, Chaewon was surprised to see the younger on the rusty foot bridge. She looked serene sitting on the side with her legs hanging loosely on the edge of the bridge.

 

The strands of her hair moving because of the wind gave the byeol bichi naerinda lalalalala vibes and it made Chaewon cringe when she realized what she was thinking.

 

She slowly approached the girl who was surprised to see her there too.

 

"Hey."

 

"Chaewon-eonnie. You live around here?"

 

"Yes. How about you? Never knew you live around here too."

 

"I don't. I was just taking a walk earlier then boom I'm here. I just stayed a little bit for the quiet."

 

It was just a coincidence that they met there once in the quiet foot bridge until it became a routine.

 

They would always meet there after school

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter