Fateful meeting

Cutting ties

 

Joohyun caught the attention of some onlookers as she crossed the street together with her best friend who's smile wouldn't leave her face ever since they met awhile ago to shoot for Joohyun's next vlog.

 

 

Yeri, her best friend just thought of a silly concept for her next video last night. Joohyun initially don't want to agree due to some reasons. First, she might get smacked by someone upon cutting their earphones. Second, air pods can actually cost her a lot. But after putting such suggestion on her page's chatroom, many actually agreed. So here she is, in a shopping complex near Seoul National University roaming her eyes for future targets.

 

 

But before she forgot, Joohyun instructed Yeri first to hold the camera in front of her to shoot for a little introduction. After her best friend counted to three, Joohyun smiled brightly at the camera.

 

 

"Hey, what's up my Baes! It's me your one and only Bae, Bae Joohyun! and for this vlog I'm going to take up the challenge of cutting strangers earphones and then in exchange give them air pods." she began while making some hand gestures to make her introduction a lot more enthusiastic to watch.

 

 

Joohyun then lean too close to the camera and whispered, "I just hope I don't get smacked by people because of this. Let's go." She then motioned for the camera to follow her as she went around the place.

 

 

 

 

Her first attempts were kind of okay. The first one was somehow angry but soon relaxed as Joohyun handed him the air pods. The second person was a fail because she recognized Joohyun, clearly knowing that she's probably shooting for her vlog.

 

 

 

 

She then approached a middle-aged woman who's busy drinking a frappe in one of the cafes.

 

 

 

As Yeri signaled her that the camera's rolling already, Joohyun cut the lady's earphone. With that the lady went berserk yelling that it's her only pair and Joohyun just cut it.

 

 

She immediately apologized and was going to reveal that it's only for a vlog when she felt cold liquid running down her blouse. And soon the woman went out of her sight but not before telling her to off.

 

 

Yeri on the other hand, immediately ran towards her. Getting some tissues inside her bag, she tried to redo the damage of the spilled drink although it's clear that it's futile. When she looked up, a fuming Joohyun was what welcomed her line of sight. She then smiled apologetically and made a peace sign, which made the latter to scoff.

 

 

"I knew that this is really not a good idea!" she whined loudly and soon get embarrassed as she felt numerous eyes were on her. Joohyun abruptly rushed out of the scene to look for a comfort room. She's glad that she has extra shirts on her car's trunk. After grabbing one, she then went to the nearest restroom she can find.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

"Unnie, let's look for another one." Yeri pleaded for the nth time while holding the latter's wrist to convince her. They are mindlessly just wandering around the place now after the incident on Joohyun's vlog. Yeri reminded herself to still include such event even if Irene constantly told her to delete the footage or else she will kill her. It's not as if Irene has a say, she's her editor anyway.

 

 

 

 

"I said no."

 

 

"Pleaseeee."

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"But there's still one pair of air pods. What are we going to do with this? Besides, we really need another footage to make the length of the video a little decent."

 

 

"Throw it away."

 

 

"Joohyun-unnie please don't be like this. You are a vlogger right? You should not be a kill-joy. Your subscribers want this. Do you want to disappoint them with your next video?" Yeri reasoned out again while smirking mentally. She knew that this 'vlogger card' always works.

 

 

 

It took a few minutes of silence before Joohyun stomped her foot and groaned, "Fine, but I will be the one to pick that person." This time, Joohyun does not want the last incident to happen again. So, she'll choose a person's face who seems nice at first glance. She just hopes that she really is. Or else, she will really live up to the quote, 'Don't judge the book by its cover."

 

 

With her agreeing, Yeri then dragged her again to walk fast, with a smile adorning again the little devil's face.

 

 

They roamed around the place for a few minutes, with Joohyun's eyes keenly eyeing everyone. Upon spotting a certain girl that seems like a college student in one of the benches at the park nearby. She stopped on her tracks and observe the said girl. Joohyun concluded that she looks American, so she might be open-minded right? The girl also happily bobbed her head, probably listening to her favorite music. She seems like she's in a good mood. Joohyun thought. The girl was also all smiles. She then concluded that she's probably nice. So with one last glimpse, she catch Yeri's attention and pointed at the said girl, in which made the latter to nod her head furiously.

 

 

After her best friend signaled that she was already finished in setting up the camera not too far from Joohyun's next target. The vlogger tiptoed towards the girl's back slowly to not make her presence known yet. Having herself to be in arm's length, Joohyun then extended her hand that holds a scissor and cut the earphone's thread.

 

 

The latter stopped bobbing her head to the beat blasting on her earphones and groaned in annoyance but such feeling went up a notch as she took notice of her earphone's wire in half.

 

 

 

"What the f---" she swallowed her curse upon realizing that she's in Korea and not in the States.

 

 

Joohyun's eyes went wide a little upon hearing the impending foreign curse phrase. When her eyes met with the fuming girl. She knew that her judgement do ed up on this one.

 

 

 

"What's wrong with you?"

 

 

"Why'd you cut it?

 

 

"Are you out of your mind?"

 

 

The girl bombarded her with the questions, making her voice went up a little louder as the three questions rolled off her tongue.

 

 

"It's for a vlog!" Joohyun can't help but to also raised her voice but not because she's angry but because she's nervous. What if this time, it is not a frappe who's going to fly towards her?

 

 

"Wow, so you're the one who's getting angry now? " the said girl uttered while biting the insides of her cheek, slightly glaring at Joohyun. 

 

 

"N-no, I'm just reasoning out."

 

 

"You clearly just shouted at me!"

 

 

"I said that I am not!" This time Joohyun's a little annoyed too.

 

 

"See that camera over there?! I told you that it is for a vlog." Joohyun pointed at Yeri who's busy capturing the moment, she actually find the bickering funny and interesting.

 

 

"Well miss, you clearly didn't get my permission to be in your vlog."

 

 

"So what am I going to do then? Should I approach you and say that 'Hey, I'm going to cut your earphones. You should act shock after that, okay? and probably get angry at me so that my video will be interesting'. " she fired back which made her huffed as she caught her breath upon the sudden outburst.

 

 

"Ghad. I can't believe you! You're the one who's being an inconvenience here! How can you act like this?! " the girl dramatically fired back.

 

 

"I am not an inconvenience. In fact, here, swallow this air pods! " Joohyun angrily muttered and throw a box towards the girl.

 

 

"I don't need this. I can buy tens of this if I want." the latter replied cockily throwing it back at Joohyun.

 

 

"Good for you then! So why are you so worked up with me cutting your earphones if you have tons of money to buy air pods?" that made the latter to shut up and gaze at her. She put up a light smirk on her lips and just stare at the girl who's ears and face were red already. Joohyun must have pissed her off big time.

 

 

She was on the verge of apologizing because she do realized that she's the one at fault here. Joohyun just doesn't know how their conversation led to this. Maybe, her frustrations about the spilled drink awhile ago got the best out of her. She soon panicked as the girl unlocked her phone.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, are you going to call the police? "

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That's actually a good idea because someone just stole something from me. But... " she trailed off and offered her phone at Joohyun.

 

 

"What's this?" she curiously asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Put your phone number." the girl started, while smiling sheepishly. Tsk. Too much for a bipolar girl, Joohyun thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You look really beautiful arguing with me. Also, I like fiesty ones." this time grabbing Joohyun's hand she's the one who put her phone atop. 

 

 

"So yeah, I guess... I like you." the girl mumbled continously while scratching the back of her neck. A clear portrayal that she's now shy, a really contradicting one to her fuming self just a few moments ago. 

 

 

Joohyun's confuse. Really confuse. 

 

 

 

 

Hence, she just stared dumbfounded at the stranger, not even blinking. A blush soon creep on her face and she felt her cheeks heating up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She's not the type of person to give her number to someone she just met but she can somehow make an exception for the girl. She's cute anyway. Maybe that's actually the reason why she approached the said girl in the first place.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~

 

Bonus.

 

 

"What's up my Baes! It's me again your Bae, Bae Joohyun! So, for this video I am doing a girlfriend tag with Wannie. Here she is! Come here baby." she motioned for Seungwan to take a seat beside her.

 

 

"I told you to change your intro babe." her girlfriend pouted as she settled on her seat.

 

 

"Awww, she's really this possessive baes" Joohyun said while chuckling at the camera. Yeri who's behind it is playfully gagging already.

 

 

After a while of Joohyun bargaining at Seungwan to just let her intro be because it's really cute for her. The camera rolls off again.

 

 

"So, for this vlog. I've picked some questions from my Baes..." Joohyun laughed loudly as Seungwan covered playfully. Her girlfriend really don't like the word Bae anymore.

 

 

"Just like what I have said before Wannie covered my mouth. I'm going to ask Seungwan questions and she should be able to answer it. Otherwise, I'll be punishing her." She then continued to explain.

 

 

A few bickering happens along the way as they shoot the vlog. Questions and punishments were also thrown at Seungwan.

 

 

Scrolling through her phone for a question, Joohyun laughed again loudly for the nth time, "The next question is really hilarious for me, Wannie."

 

 

 

"Come on! Bring it on!" Seungwan challenged, even cracking her knuckles to make it appear that she's ready.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's the first words you have uttered upon meeting me for the first time?" Well, Joohyun was right. The question is really funny. It took them almost a minute to contain all their laughter.

 

 

 

"So baby, can you still remember?" Joohyun challenged.

 

 

 

"Of course." the latter smugly uttered.

 

 

"So what are those then? "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What the f---."

 

 

Her answer made the both of them to chuckle again. Remembering their bickering at their first meeting.

 

 

 

Joohyun always heard that once she cut off some ties with other people. She'll be building some connection with others. She's glad that during that one fine day, Joohyun cut Seungwan's earphone ties. Otherwise, she won't be able to build a happy relationship with the said girl now.

 

 

 

Joohyun has never been this in love with someone. Only because of Seungwan.

 

 

End.