the sun sets along with you

Sunset [JJFiesta Entry]

 

Ahn Yujin is a vocalist of the band named ‘Sunset’ and their band regularly performs at the resort that is owned by Yujin’s family which also has the same name.

 

Yujin is always fond of sunsets, it brought her a lot of memories from the past. Sunsets reminded her of someone really important to her. It reminded her of her mom. 

 

When they were in college, she and her friends thought about forming a band, but the thing was, they had no idea where to perform. When Yujin told her Dad this, he was quick to offer them a deal of being the resort’s official band, hence why their band is also named sunset.

 

Aside from singing, writing songs, and playing the guitar, Yujin is also very fond of surfing, which is why she picked it up as a hobby together with her fellow bandmates.

 

Yujin always likes to surf everytime the sun sets, she finds it calming, and plus, she gets to have a very nice view every time.


 

Friday, 5:05 PM


 

It was friday and Yujin decided to surf since they had just finished performing and the weather was nice. As usual, she went surfing when the sun was about to set. She was supposed to surf with Yena and Hyewon, her other bandmates, but the two were too tired to go and just decided to rest, so Yujin went alone.

 

She quickly changed her clothes and went to the beach. Once she arrived at the beach, she wasted no time and immediately started to swim her way to the ocean and start surfing. She was about to get on the board when suddenly, she hears a faint sound of a girl who seems to be asking for help. She swims a bit further and sees a girl who’s already close to drowning herself. Yujin swam her way near the girl and helped her. When she was already able to get a hold of the girl, she placed her on top of the surf board and made her way back to shore. 


 

Once they had arrived back on shore, Yujin carefully placed the lifeless girl on the sand and checked if she was still breathing, yet got no response. She performed CPR on the lifeless girl and luckily it worked since the said girl was now fully conscious, although she was now coughing a lot of water. The person got up and Yujin quickly followed.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine now. Thanks a lot for saving me out there”

 

“Why were you out there anyway? And don’t you know how to swim?” Yujin asked curiously

 

“Don’t you think you’re asking a stranger too many questions already?” the unnamed girl gave her a pointed look while asking her, “And besides, I already thanked you, I think that’s enough already. Now if you excuse, I am needed elsewhere” the girl walked out, heading back to the resort’s direction. But before she could completely walk away, Yujin yelled, “Well, you’re welcome. I guess” in the most sarcastic tone.

 

“Hmm but why is she heading to the resort though? Must be a guest” Yujin said to herself and went back to the ocean to surf again.

 

After a few rounds of surfing, Yujin decided to go back since it was also getting dark already. When she arrived at her shared house with her bandmates, she was greeted by the sight of Yena and Hyewon playing video games in the living room.

 

“Psh. Tired, my ” she said to herself while rolling her eyes at the sight of her friends who are now arguing on who’ll win.

 

While Yena and Hyewon were busy playing games on the other side of the living room, Chaewon can be seen sleeping on the other side. Chaeyeon, as usual, is nowhere to be seen,

 

“Must be in the kitchen,” Yujin thought and went to her room upstairs to change


 

After changing into comfortable clothes, she went down and made her way to the kitchen to fetch herself a glass of water. When she arrived in the kitchen, she saw Chaeyeon who’s currently busy cooking their dinner.

 

“Hmm smells good. What you got there unnie?”

 

“Oh hey Yuj, didn’t see you there. Since when did you arrive?”

 

“Just a few minutes ago” Yujin said and got herself a glass and went straight to the fridge, getting a glass of water.

 

“So, how was it? Anything interesting happened while you were surfing?” Chaeyeon asked and placed some food on the table.

 

“Not much really. Although I did just save a girl from drowning” she made her way to the bar stool near the kitchen counter and sat there.

 

“Really now?”

 

“Yeah, but she was kinda rude” she said and started drinking from the glass again

 

“How come?” Chaeyeon asked while finishing her last dish

 

“She said I ask too many questions”, Yujin gulped down the remaining water and placed the glass on the sink

 

“That’s probably why. I mean, you’re not supposed to be asking a stranger too many questions. She must’ve felt uncomfortable”

 

“Even so, I still think she was being rude”

 

“Tsk. Anyways, how is she like? Is she pretty?” Chaeyeon had a teasing smirk while asking her

 

“Yeah, I guess you can say she is. But still, it wouldn’t change my mind that she’s still rude”

 

“Yeah, yeah, sure” Chaeyeon scoffed and Yujin rolled her eyes

 

“Anyways, can you please call them here. Tell them dinner’s ready” Yujin gave her an okay sign and Chaeyeon started preparing the table for dinner.

 

Yujin went to living room and called the others for dinner,

 

“YO FAM! DINNER’S READY” she yelled to grab their attention

 

The three of them stared at Yujin and quickly raced their way towards the kitchen.

 

“What a bunch of kids” Yujin smiled and followed them

 

All of them were now in the kitchen and had already started eating. While eating, they were also discussing some new ideas for their performances and both Chaewon and Yujin agreed to make a song together for them to perform it on the resort’s anniversary which will be on Sunday. Chaeyeon also told them that they’ll be practicing for the whole day tomorrow which means no surfing, no playing of video games, no pranks, and no other shenanigans. Of course this earned a series of complaints from the other four, but they understood that they needed to practice.

 

After eating, Chaewon and Yujin went straight to their own recording room and started making the song for their performance.

 

Four hours. It took them four hours to finish the song. After recording the song, they let the others hear it and all of them were satisfied with how the song came out. Hyewon, Yena, Chaewon and Yujin were supposed to stay up late and play video games but Chaeyeon told them not to. They all went to bed since they’ll be having a long day tomorrow.



 

Saturday came and they were busy with practice and when it was lunch time, Yuri, Yena’s girlfriend, came and brought lunch for them to share. Since practice was going well, Chaeyeon gave them a one hour break after lunch and told Yuri to stay for awhile. 

 

“So, how’s practice going guys?” Yuri aksed

 

“It’s doing quite well. Although Chaeyeon’s kinda grumpy, must be because Sakura unnie hasn’t called her yet” Yena said and Chaeyeon glared at her while the others were just laughing at them.

 

“Oh I saw Kkura unnie on the way here. She said she’ll visit you in the house later” Chaeyeon smiled after hearing this and earned another round of teasing from the other four.

 

“Look at that smile. Yikes, how whipped are you” Hyewon said in a teasing tone. Chaeyeon, who couldn’t handle all the teasing anymore, said, “Aight, that’s enough. Back to practice everyone”

 

“Ey come on, leader-nim. We were just kidding” Chaewon pleaded.

 

“Nope. Two hours is over. Back to work people” this earned a series of groans but nevertheless they still proceeded back to their respective places to start practicing again.

 

“Babe, I’ll get going now. Have fun practicing” Yuri said and gave Yena one last hug before going home.

 

They continued practicing until late at night before finally going home to rest up.



 

Sunday came, which means that it’s the resort’s anniversary, which also means that they’ll be performing today. They prepared their stuff and went to the place to prepare for their performance. Upon arriving, Yuri was already there and greeted them.

 

“Good morning guys. Goodluck on your performance today” 

 

“Thanks unnie. I hope you enjoy our performance” Yujin said.

 

“Oh by the way, Eunbi unnie’s also watching today. She said her cousins will be there also, they just visited her recently." Yuri informed them

 

“E-eunbi unnie’s coming?” Hyewon asked trying to make sure whether she heard that right or not and Yuri answered with a nod.

 

“Oh shoot what am I supposed to do” Hyewon said while panicking and Yena, Chaeyeon, and Yujin were already laughing their asses out while Chaewon took a video of the whole thing.

 

"Why are you so surprised? it's not like this is her first time watching us perform" Yujin said, as a matter of fact.

 

"Still though" Hyewon pouted and the other four gave her a disgusted look.

 

“Chill Hyewon unnie, it’s just Eunbi unnie, surely you’ll be fine” Yuri giggled upon witnessing this kind of Hyewon which is a rare sight to see.

 

Hyewon was about to say something to defend herself from all the teasing when someone arrived

“EY, HI GUYS” Sakura greeted them with a smile

 

“Oh thank god you came, Kkura-yah. I couldn’t handle all the teasing anymore”

 

“Why? What happened here?”

 

“It’s about Eunbi unnie” Yena said while trying to suppress her laughter after seeing the look on Kkura’s face.

 

“Oh I see that Kang Hyewon is still so whipped for the one and only Kwon Eunbi” Sakura gave her a teasing smirk and Hyewon just lost it. They were all having fun together when suddenly Sunset was called to prepare.




 

Meanwhile on the other side….

 

Eunbi was waiting while both her hands were placed on her waist, looking impatient. She was tapping her feet continuously while waiting for her cousins to come down. 

 

“YAH! Jang Wonyoung, Kim Minju, what’s taking you guys so long? The performance is about to start”
 

Both of them then went downstairs only to be greeted by their cousin who now looks like a furious bunny.

 

“We’re here now unnie, no need to get stress. They say stress makes you look old” Wonyoung said and gave her cousin a smile.

 

“If you guys didn’t take so long to get ready then maybe I wouldn’t be stressed. Anyways, let’s go now. Yuri texted me, she said it’s about to start in a few minutes but we might be able to make it there before they start”

 

“Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go now” Minjoo said energetically.

 

“Are you really sure that you’re fine, Minjoo? And before I forget young lady, where were you yesterday? I didn’t see you in your room when I went there to check on you”

 

“Oh I was just exploring the resort unnie, no need to worry” Minjoo gave her a reassuring smile.

 

“Just always take care of yourself, okay? And remember what the doctor told you. You shouldn’t do anything that’ll tire you out or you’ll have difficulties in breathing again”

 

“Yes unnie. Now let’s go or we’re seriously gonna be late”


 

When they arrived at the place, they saw Yuri almost immediately and went to her.

 

“Hey Yuri-ya, sorry for being late, has it started already?”

 

"Oh no, unnie, but they're about to start, you guys came just in time" Yuri said and offered them to sit in the seats that she reserved for them.

 

"By the way, these are my cousins, Minjoo and her sister Wonyoung, girls, this is Yuri"

 

"Hi, unnie nice to meet you, I'm Wonyoung" Wonyoung said and offered her hand while Yuri took it and shaked her hands with a smile.

 

"Hi, I'm Minjoo. Eunbi unnie said we are the same age, I hope we'll get along" Minjoo did the same and offered her hand and Yuri accepted, her smile never leaving her face.

 

"It's nice to meet someone the same age, I've been surrounded by oldies lately so it's nice to meet young and fresh faces" Yuri said and Eunbi looked at her with piercing eyes.

 

"So are you saying that I'm not young and fresh anymore, Jo Yuri?"

 

"Your words unnie, not mine" Yuri just laughed and both Minjoo and Wonyoung giggled at how their cousin reacted.

 

"Where's Kkura by the way? Did she not come?"

 

"Oh she just went to the bathroom"

 

Sakura then arrived and greeted them. She also introduced herself to Minjoo and Wonyoung and engaged in a conversation with Wonyoung while Minjoo was busy talking to Yuri.

 

Just then, a loud cheering from the crowd was heard which meant that the performance had already started.


 

"Breathe in, breathe out

When confronting fear

A word that came to me

Is to have a little more strength

When i'm veiled in fog

Without a single ray of light

I was Contemplating and Contemplating again

For the me of today"

 

Yujin started the song and the crowd went wild once again,

 

"A perspective different from others

Days where i'm once again falling behind

On the contrary, i am getting up and running"

 

"Let’s start from now on, keep running forward

Running running, shouting out to the world

Even if a dead end appears, it's okay with me

Let’s start from now on, keep running forward

Running running, if I’m with you

I can do anything

Running endlessly in this rough world"

 

It was Yena's turn to sing and although the song was new, the crowd was still jamming to it like they've heard it a million times already. Yuri, who  never took her eyes off the stage, had a very proud smile while looking at her girlfriend.


 

"When life presses down on me

And it becomes heavier

The hand you held out

Telling me to get up once again

Sometimes, i cry

Sometimes, i shout

But there’s something i can never erase

That’s my only focus"

 

As the second verse started it was Chaewon's turn to sing it and a series of cheers were heard, mostly from her fangirls.


 

"A perspective different from others

Days where i'm once again falling behind

On the contrary, i am getting up and running

 

Let’s start from now on, keep running forward

Running running, shouting out to the world

Even if a dead end appears, It’s ok with me

Let’s start from now on, keep running forward

Running running, if I’m with you

I can do anything

Running endlessly in this rough world"

 

It was now Hyewon's turn to sing and Eunbi had this soft smile plastered on her face while gazing adoringly at her.


 

"To each other

Let's throw a light

One desperate dream

Even in the dark night sky

I can overcome once again, keep running forward

(Keep running forward, I can be the one I want )

(I love myself)"

 

When it was Chaeyeon's turn to sing, Sakura raised her hand and threw a finger heart towards her direction and Chaeyeon just smiled widely at her girlfriend's cute antics.


 

"I’m going to find myself again

Running running, if I’m with you

I can do anything

For the day i will reach the place i desired"

(Song: Running by Gaho)

 

When it was the last part, they all sang together and the cheering became louder as the performance was ending. Everyone clapped their hands and the members of Sunset had a smile on their faces because of how the crowd reacted with their new song.


 

"How was it? Did you enjoy it?" Chaeyeon asked the crowd and was answered with a series of "yes", 

 

"That was our new song 'Running' which was composed by our very own Chaewon and Yujin" the cheers became louder at the mention of Chaewon and Yujin's names.

 

"I'm glad you guys enjoyed it, that's all for today and happy 15th anniversary to Sunset!"

 

The crowd cheered once again as the band went down the stage. Slowly, little by little, the crowd started to disappear and only the five of them were left there. 

 

Yena, who had just finished changing, went to where they were seated.

 

"Hey guys" she greeted them and saw some new faces, "Oh Eunbi unnie, these must be your cousins. Hi, I'm Yena" she introduced herself and offered both girls a high five.

 

"Hello, I'm Minjoo and this is my sister Wonyoung. Pleased to meet you"

 

"Unnie you sounded amazing out there, I'm now a huge fan" Wonyoung being the social butterfly that she is, told Yena that.

 

"Oh wow thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it" Yena let out a light chuckle.

 

The other four went to them and also introduced themselves to the siblings. Yujin who had just raised her head up when they arrived only to be shocked because of the familiar face that's in front of her. Yujin had her eyes wide open, finding the situation quite shocking.

 

"You?!" Minjoo and Yujin yelled at the same time, shock evident from both of their faces.

 

"You two know each other?" Hyewon asked, equally as confused as the others.

 

"These are my cousins, Minjoo and her younger sister Wonyoung" Eunbi introduced them.

 

"Chaeyeon unnie, she was the one I told you about" Yujin said while pointing at Minjoo.

 

"Oh so you're that girl. I see" Chaeyeon then gave Yujin a sly smile.

 

"Wait, wait a minute. Am I the only one who's confused right now? How the hell do you know each other?" Chaewon asked while confusion took over her whole face.

 

"I saved her from drowning yesterday yet she acted rude towards me" 

 

"Acting ru- what? After you saved me, I thanked you and for your information, you were asking too many questions" Minjoo said in disbelief.

 

"Hold up, young lady. You told me you were just exploring the resort yesterday. By exploring the resort did you also mean that you'll include the beach? What if something happened to you? What if Yujin wasn't there to save you?" Eunbi was now panicking, thinking that something bad happened to Minjoo.

 

"Calm down unnie, I'm completely fine" Minjoo said and gave her a reassuring smile.

 

"Chill Eunbi unnie. Hyewon-ah, I heard there's a buffet inside, why don't you go there and take Eunbi unnie with you. We'll follow shortly" Chaeyeon said and looked at Hyewon's direction. Hyewon complied, and brought Eunbi with her. Meanwhile Eunbi had no other choice but to get dragged by Hyewon, but before completely losing sight of them, Eunbi gave Wonyoung a knowing look and the younger nod her head.


 

When both Hyewon and Eunbi left, Chaeyeon faced both Yujin and Minjoo who are now sending death glares at each other.

 

"Okay you guys, stop fighting. Yujin, apologize to Minjoo" Chaeyeon said and Yujin looked at her in disbelief.

 

"What? Unnie why should I be the one to apologize? She was the one who was acting rude" 

 

"Still, it was wrong of you to ask too many questions especially when you don't know the person yet"

 

"Yeah, Chaeyeon unnie is right" Minjoo said with a sly smirk on her face which didn't get unnoticed by Yujin. Seeing the smirk on Minjoo's face, she didn't have plans on apologizing but then Chaeyeon gave her a look and she sighed in defeat.

 

"Ugh fine" she groaned, "I'm sorry for what I did, Kim Minjoo-ssi" Yujin said, trying to put up the best fake smile she could ever give.

 

After hearing this, Minjoo flashed a victorious smile towards Yujin which irritated the younger  more.

 

Chaeyeon clasped both her hands together and had a wide smile thinking that the two finally made up, but boy is she wrong.

 

"Alright, now that it's been settled, why don't we all head to the buffet before Hyewon eats all of the food there" Chaeyeon said and went ahead with Sakura while the others were right behind them.

 

Yujin, who was still bitter about what happened, said, "The nerve of that girl", she scoffed, glaring at Minjoo who was laughing with Wonyoung and Chaewon who were a few meters away from them. Yena and Yuri, who were both walking beside her, heard what she said and just let out a light chuckle.

 

When they arrived at the buffet, they saw Hyewon eating while Eunbi was just looking at her.

 

"Yikes, why does it look like we're here to crash their date or something?" Chaewon said, which made everyone laugh. Eunbi saw them and signalled them to come. They went to their table and started eating after getting food since they were already getting hungry. 


 

After eating, they all decided to go to Sunset's house and spend the rest of the afternoon there. 

 

When they arrived at the house, Yena and Hyewon raced towards the t.v where the controllers were placed and got each of them and sat on the couch. They were ready to start playing when they realised one thing.

 

"Oh, we didn't turn on the t.v yet" Yena said, as a matter of fact

 

"Yah, turn it on. I'm comfortable in my position here already, and I'm too lazy to stand up" Hyewon said and leaned her back against the couch

 

"But I'm also comfortable here already. You do it!" Yena tried arguing

 

"Hey! Do as I say. I'm still a few months older than you" 

 

"CHAEYEON!" Yena called for Chaeyeon

 

"Nope, I can't turn the t.v on for you this time. I'm busy preparing snacks. Chaewon go turn it on" Chaeyeon's voice was heard from the kitchen

 

"Ugh, why do you guys always forget to turn on the t.v every time you play" Chaewon said in an irritated tone

 

"We're sorry okay. Now please turn it on, I can't wait to beat Yena" Yena glared at Hyewon and kicked her left foot

 

"YUJIN!" Chaewon called and Yujin then came rushing inside the house

 

"What is it?"

 

"You know the drill" Chaewon said and went out 

 

"WHY MUST I DO THIS EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING" 

 

"It's not our fault you're the youngest" Yena gave her a sly smile

 

Yujin the t.v and Hyewon and Yena rejoiced

 

"THANKS, MAKNAE-AH" Yujin just rolled her eyes at her unnies

 

"Seriously you guys are so noisy. We have visitors here in case you forgot" Chaeyeon came with the snacks and crossed her hands while the others were watching the scene.

 

"It's okay unnie. We got used to it already" Yuri said as she sat next to Yena on the couch

 

"Yeah, especially these two" Eunbi pointed at Yena and Hyewon

 

Sakura who was outside a while ago, went inside the house and saw Yena and Hyewon playing

 

"HEY, HOW CAN YOU GUYS PLAY WITHOUT ME? THE BETRAYAL" Sakura said with a bitter expression

 

"Oh stop whining and just come here" Hyewon yelled from the couch and Sakura went dashing there

 

"I'm sorry about them being too loud, Minjoo-yah, Wonyoung-ah" Chaeyeon faced the sisters and gave them the drinks that she prepared earlier

 

"It's okay, unnie, and thanks for this" Wonyoung smiled warmly at her

 

"Thanks, Chaeyeon unnie" Minjoo also gave her a warm smile and Yujin snickered when she saw this, Minjoo heard that and glared at her.

 

Chaewon went inside again and was about to sleep on the couch like she usually does, when-

 

"Chaewon-ah, why don't you show Wonyoung the recording room" Chaeyeon suggested.

 

"Sure. Right this way please" Chaewon led Wonyoung to the stairs with a smile and Wonyoung trailed behind her.

 

"Yujin" Chaeyeon called for her, "Why don't you give Minjoo a quick tour around the beach. Besides, no one knows the beach best other than you" Yujin wanted to complain but she knew she couldn't so she just went with it.

 

"Sure thing, unnie. Follow me outside, Minjoo-ssi" Yujin said and went outside first. 

 

"Minjoo, make sure not to tire yourself, okay? and here, take this with you in case something happens" Eunbi handed Minjoo her inhaler, "And please be careful this time"

 

"Yes, unnie, I promise to be more careful this time" Minjoo bid her goodbye to Chaeyeon and Eunbi and followed Yujin outside.

 

Chaeyeon went to the kitchen to get more snacks and Eunbi offered to help her. When they reached there,

 

"Eunbi unnie, if you don't mind me asking, is something wrong with Minjoo? I mean, is she sick or something?" Chaeyeon asked curiously as she was preparing the snacks.

 

Eunbi sighed and sat on the bar stool, "Minjoo has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. It’s a disease that causes her heart to weaken. She had it ever since she was young" Eunbi answered and Chaeyeon's mouth went agape

 

"It's quite surprising, isn't it? Who would've thought that a bubbly person like Minjoo, is actually suffering something like that yet she still never loses her smile" Eunbi had a sad smile and continued, "I honestly feel sad for that cousin of mine. Because at such a young age, she couldn't do most of the things she wanted because of her condition. Although she's able to do a few things, but still, it's just limited. She's not allowed to tire herself out, or else her sickness will attack her again." Chaeyeon just listened to Eunbi and let her continue

 

"I remembered when we were young, it was before we knew that she was diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, Minjoo always wanted to go swimming, but her Dad didn't allow her. She was close to crying that time when her Dad said yes, and so we did, we went swimming. Minjoo was having too much fun swimming and when Samchon (Uncle) called us back to shore, the moment she stepped foot on the sand, she was having a hard time breathing and then out of a sudden, she fainted. She was taken to the hospital and the doctors explained everything. It's actually the same illness that their mother has, the reason why she's no longer here. Samchon was too scared that it might happen again, that they might lose Minjoo also. And ever since that day, Minjoo was always taken extra care of. She also wasn't allowed to do physical activities that might tire her out. Actually they lived here before, but Minjoo's treatment here wasn't going so well because of the lack of hospital equipment, so they went to Seoul and lived there. This is actually the first time they went here after a while. The last time they were here, Wonyoung was only four years old. Actually the reason why they're here is per Minjoo's request. They'll just be staying here for about a month, and after that, they'll fly to Switzerland and Minjoo will continue getting her treatment there. I know, we can't do anything to get rid of her illness, but I wish she stays strong, I wish she'll fight this illness of hers. I don't want to lose my cousin yet" Eunbi was on the verge of crying but was able to hold it in, Chaeyeon went near and comforted her by patting her back.

 

"Chae, please don't tell this to anyone, especially Minjoo. She hates it when the people around her know her condition and start pitying her. So promise me not to tell anyone, okay?" 

 

"You have my word, unnie" Hyewon came in the kitchen and saw the scene

 

"Uhm, hey, what happened here?" Hyewon asked

 

"Oh nothing. Eunbi unnie was just helping me prepare snacks for you guys" Chaeyeon answered

 

"O….kay" Hyewon said, unsure

 

"Anyways, I'll leave you two here, I need to give them these" Chaeyeon said and went to the living room while carrying the snacks

 

"What was that all about? Why was the atmosphere rather sad when I arrived, are you okay?" Hyewon asked in a worried tone

 

"I'm fine, Hyewon-ah, no need to worry about anything" Eunbi reassured the younger, "Come on, let's go back there"

 

Hyewon complied and followed Eunbi back to the living room



 

Meanwhile…….

 

At the beach, two figures can be seen walking, more like the other one was walking and the other one was trying to catch up on her.

 

"Hey! Wait up!" Minjoo called out for her, struggling to catch up with the giant dog. Yujin wasn't even walking fast, but due to her long limbs, it made her take bigger steps.

 

"HEY! WAIT UP!" Minjoo called for the second time, but still, Yujin wasn't showing any signs of slowing down.

 

"HEY! WAIT UP! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR TWO TIMES NOW AND YOU STILL WON'T LISTEN! WHY ARE YOU WALKING SO FAST, YOU GIANT DOG" Minjoo yelled from a distance, sounding very, very, annoyed. Yujin then looked at her and went to where she was.

 

"Just to let you know, I wasn't even walking fast. It just happens that you're too short to catch up to me, Ms. Froggie" Yujin gave her an annoying grin

 

"UGH. YOU'RE SUCH AN ANNOYING GIANT DOG"  Minjoo groaned in pure frustration

 

“Thanks, I know that” Yujin smiled at her like what Minjoo said was some sort of compliment

 

Minjoo groaned in annoyance again and went ahead of Yujin.

 

“Hey, Miss Froggie! Do you even know where to go?” Yujin asked and laughed out loud

 

“YES! I’M GOING HOME!” this time, Minjoo was walking faster and Yujin quickly chased her

 

“Hey! Wait up, will you?” she called for her but it seems like Minjoo isn’t paying attention at all

 

“geez what’s wrong with this woman” she said to herself and just let Minjoo walk ahead of her

 

After a lot of walking, they were finally back at Sunset’s headquarters before it completely got dark.

 

They went to the kitchen and saw Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Chaewon and Wonyoung there. Minjoo was greeted by Wonyoung who gave her a big hug, like she was gone for a year.

 

“UNNIE, YOU’RE BACK” Wonyoung said cutely and the others who were also there was in awe with how Wonyoung reacted

 

“Wonyoung-ah, I was only gone for an hour” Minjoo chuckled and hug her sister back

 

“Still, an hour is already long,” Wonyoung said and let go of the hug. Minjoo ruffled her younger sister’s hair, finding her really adorable right now

 

“So Minjoo, how did the whole exploring the beach go?” Chaeyeon asked

 

“Oh, it was fine” Minjoo smiled

 

“Oof, why are you lying? It wasn’t even close to the word ‘fine’.” Yujin, who was standing next to Minjoo, answered and Minjoo elbowed her 

 

“YAH! THAT HURTS YOU KNOW” Yujin caressed the spot where Minjoo elbowed her

 

“Gosh, you guys are fighting again” Chaeyeon said, clearly stating the obvious

 

"It's her fault, she's annoying" Yujin pointed at Minjoo

 

"You're even more annoying," Minjoo fired back and Yujin gasped dramatically. Minjoo just rolled her eyes. The others just laugh because of how silly they look like right now

 

"Oh, it's getting dark. We better go home now. We still need to prepare for dinner" Eunbi informed her cousins

 

"Eunbi unnie, you guys can stay here for dinner. We'll be having a barbecue party tonight" Chaeyeon offered

 

"Will there be beef?" Wonyoung asked excitedly

 

"Of course, Wonyoung-ah" Chaewon answered instead and also ruffled the younger's hair which earned a pout from her

 

"Are you sure it's okay, Chaeyeon?" 

 

"Of course it is", Chaeyeon answered with a smile, "I'll just prepare outside and we'll be ready to eat"

 

"Let me help you with it then" Eunbi offered

 

"We'll help too, unnie" Wonyoung said

 

"It's okay guys. I'll let Hyewon and Yena take care of this. Besides, ever since we went home they really didn't do anything rather than play"

 

"Okay then. But call us if you need us" Chaeyeon just gave her an okay sign and went to the living room

 

"KANG HYEWON, CHOI YENA, HELP ME SET UP FOR DINNER" Chaeyeon stood in front of the screen, blocking their view

 

"Ah Chaeyeon-ah, just let Chaewon and Yujin help you" Yena whined

 

"You guys should really take your eyes off the screen sometimes. Come on now, help me" Hyewon and Yen whined even more

 

"Are you gonna help me or do I have to threaten you guys about confiscating your games" Chaeyeon started tapping her foot continuously, a sign that she might actually do it. Without a choice, Hyewon and Yena stood up at the same time, "Gosh, okay mom, we'll do it" Yena said and both her and Hyewon went outside to start setting up

 

"You girls stay here, we'll call you once dinner is ready" Chaeyeon told Yuri and gave the sleeping Sakura a kiss on her temple, "And please wake her up later, Yuri-yah" 

 

"Will do unnie" Chaeyeon went out to help Hyewon and Yena, Yujin and Chaewon also went out, carrying the food

 

Outside, it was a pretty chaotic sight to see. Who knew setting up for dinner could bring this much chaos. Yena and Hyewon were setting up the table, but things weren't going that smoothly. Yujin was starting fire for the grill, but it wasn't going well either. Meanwhile the two Chae's are preparing the barbecue for later. After a lot of frustration and complaining while preparing, it was finally done. They called the others and started eating. After eating, they all helped in cleaning up. And when it was time to go home,

 

"Hyewon, Chaewon, can you go with Eunbi unnie on their way home? It's dark already and it's not safe anymore" 

 

"It's okay, I don't mind. Do you?" Hyewon turned to Chaewon and asked her

 

"Oh no I don't" Chaewon quickly answered

 

"Well then, I guess that's settled. We'll get going now, be careful on your way" Chaeyeon said and went in the other direction with Yena, Yuri, and Sakura.

 

The one's left also started walking their way home and got there after a 30-minute walk.

 

"We're here now, thanks for walking us home guys. Take care on your way home also. Goodnight to the both of you" Eunbi smiled at them.


 

"Goodnight unnies, thank you for tonight" Minjoo thanked them, "Unnie, Wonyoung-ah, I'll go inside now, I'm a bit tired" Minjoo said and went inside but not before waving at Hyewon and Chaewon.

 

"You guys should go now, Chaeyeon and Yena must be there already" 

 

"Sure. Goodnight Wonyoung-ah" Hyewon said and faced the younger, "Goodnight, Eunbi unnie" Hyewon flashed her a sweet smile and went behind Chaewon

 

"Goodnight Eunbi unnie, goodnight Wonyoung-ah" Chaewon waved her hand and smiled, Eunbi waved back and went inside after

 

"Goodnight, unnies. Take care on your way home" Wonyoung was about to head inside when-

 

"Wonyoung-ah," Chaewon called for her. Wonyoung looked back and stared at her curiously, Chaewon then continued with, "Goodnight, Wonyoung-ah" and flashed the younger a warm smile.

 

"You've already said that, Chaewon unnie" Wonyoung chuckled, "but goodnight also" Wonyoung mirrored the smile that Chaewon had and finally went inside the house.

 

Chaewon now has a wide smile on her lips and Hyewon just stared at her, "What was that?" she asked the younger

 

"Nothing" Chaewon answered, she still has this stupid smile on her lips as she walked ahead of Hyewon. Hyewon just shaked her head and trailed behind the younger. When they arrived home, they went straight to their own rooms to sleep, too tired to even do anything else. And with that, the day ended.


 

As the days went by, the ten of them had already created a bond with each other. There would be times when they would go to Sunset's practice and watch them, or they would watch them perform, there are also times when they go to Sunset's house and just stay there the whole afternoon, which is what they're doing right now.

 

Chaeyeon, Eunbi, and Yuri were in the kitchen preparing snacks while the rest were in the living room. When they arrived in the living room with the snacks they prepared, they all started eating it together and had little talks with each other.

 

Everything was going well, they were all laughing because of Yena's story, when suddenly-

 

"YAH! AHN YUJIN! GIVE ME THAT. I CALLED DIBS FIRST" Minjoo said, well more like yelled, referring to the apple juice that Yujin is holding.

 

"Yeah, you did call dibs first, but I was the one who grabbed it first, so technically, it's mine now" Yujin said and drank straight from the apple juice which triggered Minjoo into doing what she’s doing now.

 

Minjoo was now chasing the giant puppy around the living room and Yujin was teasing her even more,

 

“YOU CAN’T CATCH ME EVEN IF TRY,  MS. FROGGIE” Yujin and stuck out her tongue to annoy her even more. Yena, Hyewon, and Chaewon were already on the floor laughing while the others just chuckled at the two.

 

"Yah, both of you stop now" Eunbi said and the two immediately stopped. The power that Kwon Eunbi possesses. 

 

"Yeah, chill you guys. There's still lots of it in the fridge. I'll get one for you, Minjoo-yah" Chaeyeon said and went to the kitchen to get another apple juice. When she got back, she handed Minjoo the apple juice and went back to sit here.

 

"Thanks unnie" Minjoo thanked her and gave her a wide smile.

 

Yujin was just sitting in the corner next to Yena, sulking.

 

"Chaeyeon unnie, where's Sakura unnie? Is she not gonna come?" Wonyoung asked her

 

"Oh she told me yesterday that she might arrive a little late, her cousins are visiting here. I told her to also bring them here. I hope you guys don't mind"

 

"Of course not, unnie. It's always nice to meet new people" Wonyoung answered

 

A few minutes after, Sakura arrived with her two cousins and introduced them to everyone.

 

"Hey guys these are my cousins, Hitomi and Nako" She introduced them

 

"Hi I'm Hitomi, nice to meet you all" Hitomi said and flashed a smile

 

"Hello, my name is Nako. It's nice meeting you" this time it was Nako's turn to introduce herself

 

"Minjoo, Yuri, they're actually about your age. I hope you four will get along just well" Sakura said and smiled at them

 

"You can count on us unnie" Yuri answered

 

Minjoo and Yuri went to Nako and Hitomi and started talking to them like they've known each other for years now. Hitomi and Nako were happily conversing with the other two also. And boom, the 01z group was born.



 

A week has passed since their group became big. After Nako and Hitomi came, the group felt like it was complete, they completed the missing piece. They would still do the things they used to do, like watch Sunset's performance, come to their practice, and spend time in their house, they still do the usual, but this time, they're complete.

 

A week has also passed ever since Yujin's constant teasing started. A day doesn't go by in which she doesn't tease Minjoo. To the point that the others already got used to this and even teased them about this once. And their reaction every time they get teased would always be, "ew '', "yuck", or "are you guys serious? her? out of all people?". Yikes. Tragic.


 

It was Saturday when the group decided to spend their time on the beach, for it to be different. So after Sunset's performance was finished, they immediately went straight to the beach. 

 

Nako, Hitomi, Wonyoung, and Yuri were playing volleyball, while Chaeyeon, Hyewon, Yena, and Chaewon were planning to surf. Eunbi and Minjoo were just sitting at the table, watching them. If Minjoo had to be honest right now, she was actually jealous of everyone here. They all get to have fun and play games while she's just sitting here, not even allowed to play.

 

"Hey, Yuj. We're going surfing. Would you like to join us?" Hyewon went up to her and asked.

 

"I think I won't be joining you today, unnie. I'm not in the mood to surf" Yujin answered and Hyewon knew the reason why.

 

"We'll go ahead, okay? But if ever you change your mind, you're free to join us" Hyewon patted her back and went to the others.

 

"She said she's not coming" Hyewon informed the rest

 

"Oh? is she sure?" Chaeyeon asked

 

"Yeah. She said she's not in the mood to surf"

 

"She must be thinking about it again" Chaewon said and gazed at their youngest

 

"Let's give her some time to think. For the meantime, let's go surfing" Chaeyeon changed the mood and they all went to the ocean.

 

Yujin was just out there, sitting on the sand, staring at the clouds. Minjoo notices this and asked Eunbi

 

"Unnie what happened to the giant puppy over there" she asked and pointed at Yujin, "she's been quiet the whole day. And plus, she didn't annoy nor tease me today. Quite weird really" 

 

"She's just thinking about a lot of things right now.  But she'll be fine. For now, let's give her time to think" Eunbi smiled reassuringly at her cousin.

 

Minjoo just nodded her head and looked at Yujin's direction. She finds it weird that the usually loud and annoying Ahn Yujin, is now so quiet.


 

As the sun was setting, the others slowly started preparing for the bonfire. Meanwhile, Yujin was still sitting at the same spot she was sitting earlier. She stared at the view, reminiscing those days in the past. Oh how she wished she could turn back time and save her. But she can't. 

 

Minjoo didn't like to admit it, but she was worrying about Yujin. She looks back at Yujin and see's what she's doing. Eunbi must've noticed this and told Minjoo to hand Yujin a drink.

 

"Minjoo-yah," Eunbi called, "can you give this drink to Yujin" 

 

"H-huh? Uhm, I mean, I don't that's a good idea unnie" Minjoo was about to go to where their other friends were but Eunbi stopped her. She handed Minjoo the glass.

 

"Min,  I know you're worried about her. You've been looking in her direction for awhile now. Go there, I'm sure she also needs someone to talk to"

 

"Are you sure, unnie?" Minjoo was unsure whether she was going to do it or not. Eunbi nodded her head and signalled for Minjoo to go there, and so she did. She slowly approached where Yujin was sitting.

 

"Here, Eunbi unnie told me to give it to you" she handed the drink and Yujin looked up to her.

 

"Thanks" she replied and went back to staring at the view in front of them. Yujin drank from the glass and felt someone sit beside her.

 

It was silent for a few minutes but then Minjoo decided to break it,

 

"Are you okay?" she asked and it took Yujin a few seconds to answer

 

"Yeah. Just thinking about something. Why do you ask?"

 

"It's just weird that you're not doing anything to get on my nerves today" Yujin chuckled and looked at her. For a moment there, Minjoo couldn't look straight in Yujin's eyes. She felt something weird when Yujin looked at her like that. 

 

"Maybe it's because this is the first time we're being serious around each other. We're always fighting so that's probably why" Minjoo thought to herself.

 

"Oh. So does that mean you like it when I annoy you?" Yujin gave her a teasing smile and Minjoo just rolled her eyes.

 

"Just kidding," Yujin smiled, "I'm just not in the mood for any of that today." Yujin went back to staring at the setting sun.

 

"Why, what's wrong?" 

 

"I thought strangers weren't supposed to ask too many questions?" Yujin looked at her

 

"But were no longer strangers to each other, aren't we?" Minjoo grinned

 

"Well I guess you're right" Yujin answered

 

"So, do you mind telling me why?" Minjoo asked once again. There was a brief silence before Yujin answered

 

"It's my mother's death anniversary tomorrow" she said while staring at the sunset again.

 

"Oh-" Minjoo said, struggling to find the right words

 

"Do you ever get that feeling of wanting to hug someone so badly but you can't do it anymore" Yujin's tone of voice was different, it was sad. Minjoo just listened to her, knowing exactly how that feels.

 

"I wish I could see her once again. I wish I could hug her again like how I used to when I was young. But I can't because she's gone. She's gone and there's nothing I can do to bring her back" Yujin's voice was shaking and her lips were quivering.

 

Minjoo scotted closer and patted her back. While she continued,

 

"I lost my Mom when I was ten. At that time, me and my parents went jet skiing, I was with my mom while my Dad was on the other one. It was my first time doing that, so I got really excited. When we were already on the ocean, I wouldn't stop moving at the back. My Mom told me a million times to stop moving or else I'll fall over, but I didn't stop and ended up falling on the water. I was panicking even though I had my life jacket on that time, I was still scared that I might drown. My Mom jumped on the water to save me, but I still didn't stop panicking. My ,om was struggling to keep me together resulting in her head to hit the tip of the jet ski. My Dad saw the scene and went to our direction. He placed me back on his jet ski and placed my Mom after. There I saw my Mom, bleeding. Her head was bleeding and endless blood came rushing down. My Dad told me to hold tight as he speeded the jet ski on our way to shore. When we were on shore, my day carried my Mom and told the people around us to call an ambulance. And I was just there, clueless of what was happening. The ambulance came, but when we got to the nearest hospital, it was too late, my mom was gone. The doctors said too much blood was lost from her.  I didn't really understand what was happening. But my Dad hugged me that time while crying and he told me, "your Mom's gone", and only then I realised that one of the people I loved the most, is now gone because of me." Yujin finished and tears were already forming in her eyes. Minjoo felt sorry for her after what she had gone through.  It's not easy to experience something like that, but she admires Yujin for being strong, and for being brave.

 

"You know it's not your fault why things ended up that way, so don't blame yourself. I'm sure your Mom wouldn't like it also" 

 

"You know, you and my Dad said the same thing," Yujin faced her and flashed a smile, "that it's not my fault"

 

"Because it's true, it isn't'' Minjoo told her and she just sighed.

 

"I kinda understand why you're like this right now. It's really not easy to lose someone important to you. Especially when it's your Mom"

 

"Oh?" Yujin looked at her

 

"Me and Wonyoung, we also lost our Mom at a very young age. She had difficulties in the heart. I was four that time and Wonyoung was still a baby. I actually feel really bad for my sister, because she didn't get to see our mother. She would just always ask me questions about how mom looked liked, or how mom was like, but I could only answer a few of her questions since I was still young when that happened" Minjoo ended.

 

"Minjoo, if you don't mind me asking, is Wonyoung your half sister?" 

 

"Yeah. We have different fathers. But even so, we treat each other like real sisters. And Dad also treats her as his real daughter"

 

"You two must be very close"

 

"Yeah, yeah we are" Minjoo released a smile, "I'm grateful to have her as my sister, but there are also times when I feel sorry towards her. Like how she gave up on her dream university just to be in the same university as mine. How she gave up on her dream job just to be here with me now. She gave up on her own happiness just for me. She sacrificed a lot for me, when in fact it should be the opposite. I just wish that someday, my sister would find genuine happiness. And by that time, I wouldn't be here anymore to stop her from doing what she really loves" Minjoo had a sad smile while saying those words towards her sister.

 

"I'm sure Wonyoung understands. And the reason why she's doing this, is because she loves you. She loves her big sister so much that she's willing to sacrifice her own happiness for her" It was Yujin's turn to comfort her this time.

 

"I know, and that's what I'm scared of. Until when will she keep on choosing me over her own happiness"

 

"Until you've found yours" Yujin said and stared at her.

 

"I think that's something very impossible for me," Minjoo gazed at the setting sun.

 

"Nothing's impossible you know. Everyone can experience happiness. They just need to meet the right person to show them what happiness really is''

 

"Oh really now? I didn't know you could get this cheesy" Minjoo said and laughed

 

"That!" Yujin pointed at her face and it startled Minjoo, "that is what real happiness looks like" Yujin stared at her.

 

"It looks good on you" Minjoo was lost for words because of what Yujin had said. She feels her face heating up, and her heart is beating uncontrollably.

 

"Minjoo, if you'd let me, I'd like to show you what real happiness looks like" Yujin  had a sincere smile.

 

"W-why?" Minjoo stuttered

 

"The kind of smile that you have, is something that needs to be seen. I hope you won't lose that smile. Would you let me do that, Minjoo?" 

 

"O-kay. F-fine by me" Minjoo tried to contain her smile.

 

They stayed for a bit and watched the sun completely set. Seeing that it was dark already, Yujin stood up and offered her hand to Minjoo

 

"Come on. It's getting dark. We should go back there. I think the bonfire is about to start" Minjoo accepted her hand and they walked back to where their friends were at.

 

"Ey what's with the holding hands guys" Yena asked them as they arrived

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"THAT" Yena pointed at their hands that were clasped together. They immediately let go and looked away.

 

The others started teasing them and it lasted until when the bonfire started. After the night, they all went home.


 

The next day, Yujin and her father went to visit her mother. The others just decided to rest in their respective houses. Nothing much happened.


 

A week passed after Yujin told Minjoo that. And she was true to her words, because she really did her best in making Minjoo happy. Even just the little things, Yujin would do it just to see Minjoo smile. It made Minjoo happy, but it also scared her, because she was getting too attached, because she was starting to feel something beyond normal. The way Yujin stares at her already makes her feel a lot of different things, things she can't seem to put into words. She was scared because they only have a week left. She's scared to leave Yujin alone. But she tried not to think about the future that much. Enjoy the present and stop worrying about what would happen in the future. 

 

It was friday and both of them were in Minjoo's house, well more like Eunbi's house. They were watching a movie with Wonyoung. Minjoo and Yujin were seated beside each other while Wonyoung was sitting next to Minjoo. Minjoo leaned her head on Yujin's shoulder while playing with the younger's hands. Wonyoung saw this and made a gagging noise. She quickly stood up and said-

 

"Bye lovebirds! I'm going out with Chaewon unnie today. Enjoy your indoors date" 

 

"We're supposed to be the one saying that. Enjoy your date with 'Chaewon unnie', Wonyoung-ah" Yujin said and even mimicked the way Wonyoung calls Chaewon.

 

"I-it's not a d-date" Wonyoung quickly denied

 

"Yeah sure" Yujin even more

 

"Unnie look, Yujin unnie is teasing me" Wonyoung asked for help from her older sister but Minjoo just laughed at both of them.

 

"Ugh, both of you are annoying, you suit each other" Wonyoung said and went out of the house

 

"I guess we do suit each other pretty well" Yujin faced Minjoo with a grin. Minjoo just poked her dimple and went back to watching.

 

"Hey Min," Minjoo answered with a hum, "are you gonna watch our performance tomorrow?"

 

"Of course, I always watch your performances though" Minjoo faced her, "Why?"

 

"Uhm you see, IkindawroteasongaboutyouandIwantedyoutohearit" Yujin answered almost immediately

 

"Jinnie, slow down, I can't understand you. Try talking slowly this time" 

 

Yujin took a deep breath and said it clearly this time, "I kinda wrote a song about you and I wanted you to hear it" Yujin said shyly

 

"Oh?" Minjoo was surprised from what she just heard

 

"Is that a good 'oh' or a bad one?" Minjoo laughed at her cuteness

 

"Of course it's a good oh, dummy. But yeah sure, I'll be glad to hear it." They smiled at each other and focused their attention on the movie again, but this time, they were holding each other's hands. That night when Eunbi came home, she found Minjoo staring outside, too busy with her train of thoughts to even notice Eunbi’s presence. Eunbi slowly went to her and sat next to her.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Minjoo was shocked to see her older cousin already sitting next to her,

 

“Nothing unnie, just thinking about what might happen to me in the following days.” Minjoo started, “I’m scared unnie. I thought I was ready for what might possibly happen to me. I thought I was ready to say goodbye. But then I met someone that completely changed my thoughts.”

 

“Is it Yujin? I think it’s best if you tell Yujin about it” Eunbi said.

 

“I can’t unnie. I want to, but I can’t. I’m not ready to tell her. I really thought I was ready. I thought I was already ready to end all of my sufferings. To stop being a burden to everyone around me. But then she came and changed everything. I don’t want to leave her unnie. I don’t want her to lose me. But at the same time, I also can’t stop something that eventually is gonna happen.”

 

“Don’t think like that, Minjoo. You’ll be fine” Eunbi reassured her cousin.

 

“We both know that’s not true, unnie”  Minjoo let out a sad chuckle. 

 

“A week after this, we’ll be flying to Switzerland and I’ll continue getting my treatment there. But even so, it still won’t change the fact that I’m dying.” 

 

“Minjoo”

 

“Unnie, when that time eventually comes, can you promise me one thing?” Minjoo was already starting to tear up. “Can you promise me that you’ll be there to take care of Wonyoung?” with that, Minjoo completely broke into tears as she said that. “Can you make sure that she’ll be able to achieve her dreams, and that she finds genuine happiness. When she does all of that, please tell her that I’m very proud of her, I’m really, really proud of her.” Eunbi had also broken down into tears. 

 

“Stay a bit longer, Minjoo-yah. Tell her that in person.” 

 

“But if I stay longer then I’ll only stop her from achieving her dreams.” Eunbi sighed and just hugged her cousin,

 

“You’ll be fine, Minjoo. Everything will be fine.” Eunbi reassured her.




 

Tomorrow came and they were already at the usual place where they always perform. The crowd, as usual, was very excited. The group (minus Sunset of course), were seated at their usual seats which were located on the second row, giving them a better view of the performance. The crowd continued cheering until a sound of a drum playing was heard, indicating that the performance had started.


 

"In life, there aren’t many days

When things go your way

There are more days when it didn’t go my way

Will today be another one of those days?"

 

Hyewon started the song and everyone went wild.

 

"I am pretty worried

After I tell you these words

I’m not sure if we can go back

To smiling like we are now

But I have to

I"

 

It was Yena singing this time and the crowd still had a high energy. When the song hit the chorus part already, everyone was waving their hands up in the air as they enjoyed the song.

 

"Like you

I tried holding it back

But I can’t anymore

Now I can tell you

I want to love

You"

 

Yujin was singing the chorus part, and her eyes were glued onto Minjoo's direction, giving her a very, very warm smile.

 

"Your eyes are shaking

It’s shaking up my heart

 

After this moment

I’m not sure if we can go back

To being natural

But I have to

I"

 

Chaewon started the second verse of the song.

 

"Like you

I tried holding it back

But I can’t anymore

Now I can tell you

I want to love"

 

Chaeyeon sang the second chorus, even jamming along  to the song.

 

"I’ve thought of you like this

But if you don’t feel the same

 

You just need to tell me

“I’m sorry” and

I’ll be fine"

 

It was Yujin singing again this time, she had her eyes closed as she was feeling the lyrics of the song. And when her line ended, she opened her eyes and Minjoo's wide smile was the one she saw first.

 

"Like you

I tried holding it back

But I can’t anymore

Now I can tell you

I want to love

You"

(I Like You by Day6)

 

Chaeyeon ended the song as the crowd cheered even louder. After the performance, they bowed and did what they usually do every after the performance, and that is to communicate with the crowd.

 

"How was it? That song is called “I Like You” and it was written by Yujin for someone" Hyewon said, which made the crowd cheer while the other three were laughing.

 

"Unnie" Yujin whined and the crowd was loving what they were seeing. “But it’s true though. I did write this song for someone”. When Yujin had said that, the rest of the 01z squad gave Minjoo a very teasing smirk and Minjoo just lowered her head to cover her blushing face.

 

The crowd went wild and chanted “TELL US WHO” over and over again. The band laughed because of it.

 

“Yujin, they want to know who you wrote the song for. Mind telling them?” Chaeyeon asked in a teasing way.

 

“Do you guys want to know?” Yujin asked them in which they answered with a loud “YES”

 

“It's…..a secret” Yujin said and laughed out loud while the crowd was whining about it.

 

“Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed today. Maybe someday, I’ll tell you who that person is, but for now, it’s still a secret. I hope you guys enjoyed it. This has been Sunset, thank you” They all bowed together once again and went down stage. The others went to them and started teasing Yujin because of the song. Yujin just smiled at all of them and went near Minjoo.

 

“So, how was it? Do you like it?” Chaewon heard this and teased Yujin even more

 

“Aish. Stop unnie” Yujin playfully pushed her and Chaewon just laughed.

 

“Yah Kim Chaewon, let them have their own moment.” Yena said

 

“Yena unnie’s right, Chaewon unnie. Come on, I saw a flock of birds earlier” Wonyoung said and dragged the older away from the scene. Minjoo and Yujin just chuckled at how cute Wonyoung and Chaewon are. The other’s also decided to give them some time alone and went after Wonyoung and Chaewon

 

“What do you think of the song? Do you like it?” Yujin asked her again

 

“I love it. But I love it even more because you made it for me” Minjoo smiled at her.

 

“I’m glad”

 

“I’m just curious about one thing though” Minjoo said

 

“About what?”

 

“About the lyrics of the song. Did you really mean everything that you said?”

 

“What if I did? What if that’s how I really felt, would you hate me because of it?” Yujin took a step closer

 

“I would never hate you” Minjoo poked her right dimple and smiled.

 

“Minjoo, I like you, and I mean it. I know it’s too sudden but-” Yujin was cutted off when she felt something soft touch her lips. It was short, but it was so magical.

 

“I like you too, dummy”Minjoo said after she pulled away

“Can you repeat that again, Minjoo?” Yujin was trying to confirm it

 

Minjoo chuckled and repeated what she had just said, “I like you too, Ahn Yujin”

 

Yujin got too excited and carried Minjoo while spinning her around. Yujin placed Minjoo back on the ground and hugged her tight. They were the happiest. But until when will that happiness last?



 

After that confession, they started acting like a couple, even though they weren’t. But they knew that what they have is something beyond special. Right now, they’re on a date at the beach. Yujin was planning to surf and offered Minjoo to accept it since Minjoo once mentioned that she would like to try surfing. At first Minjoo was hesitant to do it. Because she knows what might possibly happen if she does, but then she thought about the remaining time she has, and so she went for it, not letting any moment pass.

 

Yujin was teaching Minjoo how to surf and Minjoo was having fun learning. Too much fun that she had already forgotten that she has a weak heart and that she shouldn’t be doing any of this in the first place. She was starting to feel her heart tighten and her breathing became heavy. She asked Yujin to take them back to shore and she did. 

 

“Hey, what happened? Are you okay?” Yujin gave her a bottle of water and caressed her back

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. But is it okay if we go home now? I promise to make it up to you tomorrow” Although Minjoo still wanted to spend more time with Yujin, she's really having a hard time now.

 

“Yeah, it’s okay, I’ll take you home” Yujin was sad because her time with Minjoo had to be cut off, but she completely understood. “Minjoo must not be feeling well” she said to herself

 

Yujin took Minjoo back to their house and went home after saying goodbye. Eunbi saw Minjoo went inside the house and greeted her.

 

“Oh, Minjoo’yah, your home early. Did something happen?” Eunbi asked her

 

“Unnie, I don’t feel so good” After saying this, Minjoo just suddenly fainted and Eunbi went near her, panicking. Just then, Wonyoung arrived with Chaewon and saw Minjoo unconscious on the floor while she was being placed on Eunbi’s lap.

 

“Unnie, what happened here?” Wonyoung was also panicking at the sight of her sister being unconscious 

 

“CALL FOR HELP RIGHT NOW” Chaewon did what was told and called the ambulance. When the ambulance came, they quickly rushed Minjoo to the nearest hospital.

 

Minjoo was taken to the emergency room and Eunbi wouldn’t stop walking back and forth outside the waiting area. Wonyoung tried to calm her down but it wasn’t working since she’s panicking also. She doesn’t want to lose her sister yet, she will never be ready to lose her sister. After waiting for a while, the Doctor came out from the emergency room and went near them,

 

"Are you the patient's guardian?" the Doctor asked

 

"Yes. I'm her cousin." 

 

"She's now stable and is now being transferred to her room, but I need to talk to the patient's guardian, are they around?"

 

"No. Our father's in Seoul right now."

 

"Is there any way I could contact him? I need to talk to him personally and inform him about the patient's condition.

 

"I'll contact him, Doctor" Eunbi said and the Doctor nodded.

 

Eunbi sat on the chair and finally calmed down.

 

“Unnie, how are we supposed to tell dad about this?” 

 

“I also don’t know, Wonyoung-ah. But we need too” Eunbi released a sigh. Wonyoung hugged her as she felt how frustrated her older cousin was right now.

 

“Eunbi unnie, I called Chaeyeon unnie and told them what happened. They said they’re on their way here” Chaewon informed her and Eunbi just nodded.

 

Chaeyeon and the others came after a few minutes and immediately rushed to them.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“What happened to Minjoo”

 

“Is Minjoo okay now”

 

They continuously asked.

 

“The doctor said she’s stable now. She’s now being transferred to her room” Eunbi answered

 

“Unnie, what happened? She was still fine when we went surfing together” Yujin was now very worried and clueless at the same time.

 

“You two went what?” Eunbi accidentally raised her voice.

 

“Eunbi unnie calm down” Chaeyeon went to calm the older down.

 

“How can I calm down after knowing that?” 

 

“Eunbi unnie, she doesn’t know” Chaeyeon said

 

“What do you mean?” Yujin asked, completely dumbfounded. “What is something  you know that we don’t” the both of them stayed quiet

 

“TELL ME” Yujin was now losing her patience

 

“Yujin-ah, Minjoo is diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. She’s someone with a weak heart. Which is why she’s not allowed to tire herself out or else her condition will start acting up again. I’m sorry for only telling you guys this now. She didn’t want you guys to know. Especially you, Yujin” Eunbi looked at the younger with apologetic eyes. “They’ll be flying to Switzerland next week for Minjoo to continue getting her treatment there. But lately, she’s been saying that she doesn’t want to continue anymore. Because she’s afraid to leave you, Yujin-ah. But if she doesn’t go, her condition will only worsen.” Yujin was having a hard time processing all the information.

 

“Please convince her to continue, unnie. Please. I don’t want to lose my sister.” 

 

“I’ll try, Wonyoung-ah.”


 

A few hours had passed and they were already inside Minjoo’s room, waiting for her to gain her consciousness. Eunbi was able to contact Minjoo and Wonyoung’s father and he was already on his way. Wonyoung sat next to her sister’s bed while holding her hand when she felt it moving.

 

“Unnie?” Wonyoung looked up to her and saw that her sister had already gained consciousness, “Unnie you’re awake.” Eunbi called the Doctor and the Doctor immediately went to check on Minjoo.

 

“Her vitals are now stable, and her breathing is now normal, so you no longer need to worry. About the patient’s guardian, are there any updates?”

 

“Ah yes, he said he’s on his way here.” the Doctor nodded and left the room.

 

“What happened?” Minjoo asked weakly.

 

“You fainted. I told you to not do anything that’ll tire you out, but why did you go surfing?” Eunbi was unable to contain her emotions. Hyewon had to calm her down in order for her to stop.

 

“I’m sorry, unnie. It won’t happen again.” Minjoo realised something, “why are you all here?”

 

“We know, Minjoo-yah. Eunbi told us.” Yuri said. “Why didn't you tell us sooner?” 

 

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t want to further be a burden to anyone else.”

 

“But we’re your friends, Minjoo. You’ll never be a burden to us.” Nako said.

 

“Y-yujin. Does she also know?”

 

“Yes” Yujin went near her and hugged her tight, “I’m glad you’re fine.” She released the hug and stared at her.

 

“We’ll give you guys some time to talk.” Chaeyeon said and they all went out, leaving the two inside.

 

“I’m sorry, Yujin-ah. I’m sorry for not telling you sooner.” Minjoo broke down into tears.

 

“Shhs, it’s not your fault, okay? It’s no one’s fault.” Yujin calmed her down. “Minjoo, if I ask something right now, would you do it?” Minjoo stared at her as she continued, “ Continue getting your treatment in Switzerland.”

 

“Did Eunbi unnie tell you this? I’m sorry, but I already made up my mind, I’m staying here.”

 

“Please Minjoo-yah.” 

 

“Do you really want me to leave, Yujin?” Minjoo asked, voice slightly raised.

 

“No” Yujin answered almost immediately.

 

“Then why are you telling me to go there?”

 

“Because it’s what’s best for you. Because I’d rather see you leave than seeing you having a hard time like this.” Yujin couldn’t contain herself anymore and broke down into tears. “I don’t want you to leave, Minjoo. Believe me I really don’t want to. But what other option do we have?”

 

“I'll make it work” Minjoo was trying hard to convince her.

 

“No, Minjoo. Think about how our friends would feel, think about how Eunbi unnie would feel, about how your father would feel, think about what Wonyoung would feel. Do you know that she asked me to convince you about continuing your treatment? She was crying while telling me to convince you, Minjoo. She’s too afraid to lose. She’s too afraid to lose her sister.” Minjoo broke after hearing this. “And I also don’t want to lose you that way. So please, Minjoo-yah, fight for us, be strong for us.”

 

Yujin hugged her and stopped her from crying. She broke the hug and kissed Minjoo’s temple.

 

The door suddenly opened, revealing Minjoo’s father. Yujin bowed at him and went out of the room to let them talk.

 

“Dad you’re here.” her Dad gave her a hug.

 

“Minjoo I know I gave you a month, but the doctor said your condition has already gotten worse. We need to fly to Switzerland tomorrow.”

 

“But Dad-” Minjoo was cutted off by her father.

“Please Minjoo, if we don’t go there now, who knows what might possibly happen to you. We already lost your mom,  I don’t want to lose you also. You and Wonyoung are the only one’s I have left. So please, Minjoo-yah.” Minjoo just sighed and nodded.





 

The others were already informed about them leaving tomorrow, and of course, everyone is sad because of it, but Minjoo’s health matters the most.

 

Right now, Yujin and Minjoo are in the hospital garden, sitting while admiring the sunset. Out of a sudden, Yujin held her hand and stared at her,

 

“I’ll miss you.”

 

“I’ll miss you, also.”

 

There was a brief silence before Yujin continued, “Minjoo-yah, can you promise me to be strong there? I’ll come see you, so wait for me. I don’t know how long that is gonna take, but I promise you I will.”

 

“And I also promise you that I’ll be strong. I’ll wait for you, no matter how long it takes.”

 

“I’m glad we met. And I’m also sorry for the times that I used to annoy you a lot.” Yujin let out a soft chuckle and Minjoo did the same, “I’m quite sad that I’ll have to look at sunsets alone now. But you know, you became a big part of my life, and I will forever be grateful for that. If things don’t work out for us now, then I hope that in our next life, I’d still be given the chance to meet you and be part of your life again.”  Yujin ended.

 

“I’m also thankful for you, because you made me experience genuine happiness. You made me the happiest, Yujin-ah, and I sincerely thank you for that. Don’t worry too much about me and continue living your life, I promise I’ll be fine. I’ll be strong and wait for you until then. Take care, my love, please live happily without me.”

 

“I love you, Kim Minjoo. Thank you for being my most beautiful, yet painful goodbye.”  Yujin hugged  her tightly, never wanting this moment to end. “You’re my sunset, Kim Minjoo”



 

Minjoo and Wonyoung had already left with their dad, and for the whole day, Yujin was just inside her room, crying. But as what told her, she must continue living her life. She also needs to be strong for them to meet again someday.

 

 

 

It was Saturday and the band had a performance. Though it was still hard for them, they still performed with smiles on their faces.

 

“Let me say so long

Pushing back those short times

Though it’ll still hurt

Like a dream that disappears after a night

I’m afraid I’ll forget you

 

If I just think about you

My heart gets anxious, what do I do?”

 

Chaeyeon started the song and the usual loud screaming from the crowd was heard.

 

“Goodbye, goodbye now

I just can’t say those words

My heart is filled with you

The only thing I could do

Is to love you

I hope I can see you again”

 

Yujin followed as she closed her eyes, feeling the song.

 

“This might be fate that was decided a long time ago

The moment I started to only know you

 

When I hold you, I get scared

I keep getting greedy, I can’t help it”

 

It was Hyewon’s turn to sing.

 

“Goodbye, goodbye now

I just can’t say those words

My heart is filled with you

The only thing I could do

Is to love you

I hope I can see you again”

 

Yena sang and the next part was followed by Chaewon.

 

“If I open that tightly shut door

Will I be able to see you again?”

 

“Our encounter was short

But you made me blossom like destiny

I’ll dream of you every night

But as much as this longing fills me

There’s only one wish I have

Please stay by my side”

(So Long by Paul Kim)

 

Yujin ended the song, with tears in her eyes. Their encounter was short, but still it is something that Yujin will cherish the most. She never regretted meeting Minjoo at all. After all, she is her sunset. 

 

 

(A/N: A sequel? Maybe. Will they meet again in the sequel? Probably. Will it be a happy ending? Of course it will. But get this, it doesn't mean that I said it's gonna be a happy ending no one is gonna say goodbye. Anyways, thank you so much for reading this and I hope you're doing fine.)