Silly first kisses - One Shot

Silly First Kisses

After gym class, the students had to return the equipment to their respective places, and Mark was in charge of returning the volleyballs to the storage room. He took a while longer than the other students, busying his mind and stressing about the upcoming finals. 

When he finally finished collecting the volleyballs, he halts, looking at a very friendly face on his way out of the storage room.

"Hey, you forgot one. "Yukehi smiles and places the volleyball next to the rest of the lot. Mark purses his lips while standing near the door nervously. It's been a while since he ran into his crush at school. 

As Yukhei approached the door, Mark stood aside to let him pass, but Yukhei slid it shut instead. Mark sheepishly smiles, question marks popping over his head, 'oh my god, what is happening 'he wondered.

"Um," Yukhei leaned on the storage door, head hanging low, fiddling with his fingers. "I know we haven't sat together much, but I- um," blush slowly crept on his cheeks as he stated, "I find you cute, and I most certainly like you."

Mark was dumbfounded at the confession, his face and ears turning red. And when their eyes met, mark covered his face immediately with his hands. Yukhei gulps, nervously waiting for an answer little ole mark can't even form. Mark slowly moves his hands away from his face, but when he glances at Yukhei again, he places his hands immediately over his mouth, trying to cover his nervous smile. He then awkwardly gives Yukhei a thumbs up. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" Yukhei chuckles, looking forward to an answer he wants to hear.

"Same," Mark replies, placing his hands behind his back, "I like you too… a lot" he looks down at his feet. When their eyes finally meet again, they start giggling in unison.

 


 

Mark hands in his exam papers, hoping he hasn't messed up too much, his mind preoccupied with a certain Yukhei. 

He left the classroom, walking in the hallways hoping he would run into his boyfriend, which he probably won't like the past two days. They're both busy studying for their exams, and the fact that they're not in the same class makes it harder to see each other.

Mark is a little frustrated that he didn't have the chance to enjoy successfully dating his crush right away, and he doesn't want to be patient about it. He gets distracted while studying every now and then, thinking about his boyfriend that keeps texting him back later than he'd like. His days are a mix of sighing, studying, and most importantly, Yukhei that is running around his head. 

On the other hand, Said boy, after successfully securing the bag, didn't have to worry about anything else other than his studies, forgetting to give his boyfriend the attention he has been waiting for after the confession.

The last day of the finals week has arrived, and Mark was dead set on pouring all his hard work into this exam paper since he has been letting something else shift his focus. After handing in his papers, he also decided he's no longer going to wait around and take matters into his own hands.

Thankfully, recess began right after the exam period. Mark hurriedly left the classroom, looking for Yukhei. He noticed a while ago that Yukhei liked sitting outside near the track field, and that's where he decided to go. As he was approaching the track field, he saw Yukhei walking over there as well. Mark caught up to him and grabbed him by the wrist.

"Yukhei, " he called, slightly out of breath. Yukhei turned around and beamed.

"Hey, Mark! " Yukhei let out before getting dragged by Mark elsewhere.

"W-what's going on? Where are we going? " Yukhei asked.

Mark keeps dragging him into entering a vacant part of the school building. He then lightly pushes him on the wall and looks up at him.

"I wanna kiss you, " he blurts out.

"You what- " Yukhei blushing at the bold statement.

"Can I kiss you? " Mark wraps his arms around Yukhei's neck. 

"Please, " Yukhei replied, hugging Mark's waist instinctively.

And at that, Mark didn't waste any more time and gave him a 3-second long smooch, yes he counted. As they let go, they both look at each other, smiling shyly. 

"My turn. " Yukhei kisses him back.

"Thanks, " Mark mumbles, and the taller boy starts cackling at that, hugging the shorter.

"You're so cute, " Yukhei adds before mark starts laughing along with him out of embarrassment.