Sleepless

Sleepless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looks like someone is still sleepy” Yena teased as soon as she entered the bus and saw Chaewon already dozed off on Minju’s shoulders.

“Shhhhhhhh” Minju shushed Yena, concerned she looked at Chaewon. She sighed in relief when she found her still leaning comfortably on her- head rested on her shoulders and her arm interlaced with hers.

“It’ll be fine, even if I shout in here doubt it if she’ll wake up. She looks too… uh…. immersed in your care” Yena winked at Minju as she shot her a teasing look before finding her seat.

“Shut up” she whispered.

Minju can only roll her eyes, now she’s sure that her face looks flustered. She can’t deny the fact that Chaewon is indeed embracing her too tight for her own convenience. She looks extremely opposite the way she saw her this morning, she can’t afford to move right now just to let Chaewon the way she is.

Minju bit her lower lip, Chaewon’s grip on her only tells that she might’ve been dreaming that she’s reunited with her pillow again. She’s too comfortable.

Minju sighed quietly, she’s still doing everything carefully not to make any disturbance to the older.

“Chaewon unnie what am I gonna do with you” she said as she can’t help but settle her own head on Chaewon’s crown.

They are on their way to tour the foreign country, an opportunity like this, opportunity to walk the cities by themselves is a rare chance. So it’s not a surprise for her to know that Chaewon still wants to push through going instead of sleeping in. It’s not an opportunity she should miss she says.

She smiled hearing Chaewon’s calm breathing next to her, she looks a lot better now than she was this morning.

--

 

“Chaewon unnie! It’s time to wake up!” Minju enthusiastically barged into Chaewon’s room, she already fixed herself. She just needs to do her daily routine of reminding Chaewon not to get back to bed and start moving.

It has become an unspoken agreement between them, as Minju always finds the pleasure in waking up early in the morning to take a walk to greet the sun and sometimes work out and the latter who can’t seem to separate herself from her bed and doze off every now and then.

They both use their difference to complement each other.

She stopped in her tracks when she found the older lying in bed already greeting her with her glare only this time it seemed a bit different. Minju shot her brows up in surprise, it’s just very rare to see the older wake up before she does.  

“Chaewo- uh… wow you’re awake already. This is strange…”

Chaewon only nodded, Minju noticed the redness of her eyes and the way she groggily sat up. Chaewon looked restless and the more she looks at her the more she sees the dark circles under her eyes. She should’ve said that wow, you’re still awake instead of you’re already awake. Knowing Chaewon she must’ve been staying up all night on her phone.

She put both of her arms beside her waist, a posture often made when nagging “Did you stay up all night binge-watching again?” Chaewon weakly shook her head, her eyes still half-closed. She slowly gets out from her duvet covers “I didn’t sleep… I can’t sleep”

“What?! But you said you’re sleepy the moment we got here” Minju exclaimed, Chaewon was even the first one to lock herself in her room. She just doesn’t get it

“Yeah but-” Chaewon sighed and brushed fingers through her hair in frustration. No matter how hard she tried last night she just can’t seem to put herself to sleep and it’s because of her own forgetfulness. She mentally smacked herself for that, how can she forget.

“My pillow! I forgot to bring my pillow, it was all packed but I for- no I left it at home. You know I don’t sleep without my pillow. I can’t sleep without my pillow. How am I gonna live now” she whined

“Well-” Minju looked around the room, her eyes searching for a solution. She well knew Chaewon and that pillow, they’re not roommates before for nothing. Chaewon always cherishes that big pillow that she curls herself into. Sometimes she would get jealous that Chaewon prefers to hug that pillow over her

She pointed the thrown pillows on the floor, it looks lonely as it was discarded by their supposed owner. “I guess it didn’t work”

“No, it didn’t” sad and defeated Chaewon admitted. “It’s not like my pillow, it’s too soft” Chaewon whined like a kid complaining to her parents.

Minju looked problematic looking at the groggy Chaewon and back to her wristwatch “Ok, let’s look for an alternative later but for now get up and get yourself ready. We’re gonna be late if you don’t move by now”

“Okay” Chaewon said in a little voice, Minju saw her pout as she obediently makes her way to the bathroom.

Even with bed hair and her eye bags Chaewon still looks very cute, Minju thought. She shook her head as she makes her way outside.

--

Even with little to no sleep, Chaewon was able to enjoy the city tour, they spent their whole day visiting famous landmarks, taking pictures, eating and shopping. It was almost as perfect as she imagines it to be but her problem awaits her, even if she’s exhausted right now she’s still doubting if she can sleep.

She stared at the cream walls of her room as she sat on her bed. This trip should be her rest, their rest but- she can’t complain anymore, can’t she. It’s her own fault anyway if she just didn’t forget it then she’ll have no problem at all.

She must suffer the consequences of her actions.

She stopped rolling on her bed when her phone made a ping sound, who in such an hour would even message her?

 She just finished showering and changing to her pajamas, she’s at least trying to sleep but ended up just rolling on over it. She lazily reached for her phone, she smiled when she saw who sent the message.

Minju: Unnie?

Chaewon: Yes?

Minju: Still can’t sleep?

Chaewon: Argg, I don’t think I can…

Minju: Want me to come over?

Chaewon:   No, don’t worry I’m fine.

                     You should sleep.

                      It’s late already, Min night❤

 

She put her phone down when Minju didn’t reply back, Minju must’ve been sleeping by now. How great, she thought. She wishes she can do the same.

She bit her lip, it’s just not getting to her, everything feels so wrong. She looked at the clock, time is excruciatingly slow. She regrets a bit not giving into Minju’s offer, she could be of help to pass time but-

She sighed, she’ll be a bother if she’ll let Minju come to her and it will only end up both of them not getting any sleep. It’s enough that it’s only her being affected.

Who knows, they might spend all night watching and chitchatting and that’s not very healthy for the both of them plus they still have to go to places tomorrow, they need to have energy. She smiled, to think of it, it’s all good that she actually rejected Minju. She doesn’t regret it anymore, she takes it back.

 

A pillow hit her back as she was mindlessly staring at the view beside her bed, she was startled for a bit but when she heard her giggles afterward, she doesn’t need to turn to know who she was. A smile crept on Chaewon’s lips, she shook her head. She’s impossible.  Croaking at the back of her is Minju- with her pillow tucked under one arm and a smug look painted on her face. She’s dressed into a hoodie, cozy just right for sleeping.

Chaewon looked at her indifferently as she took revenge. She picked up the thrown pillow and straight-up hit Minju’s face. Foolishly as they are, it left both of them laughing.

“Why did you come? I didn’t request that spare card for you to barge in whenever you please” Chaewon said as she sat up to face Minju who’s sitting opposite to hers. Minju only gave her a grin.

“Well, I think I have the solution” proudly, Minju boasted. Even with the dim light of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter