Leave behind

Jar of Hearts 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is like his mood right now. Grey and Blue. Very dark and cool.

Jungkook watches as his dad start humming and mouthing the lyrics to the Beatles song Help! while tapping the steering wheel with dramatic facial expressions.

“Oh god! One, two, three please someone put me out of my misery,” he thought.

Turning his gaze back to the passenger window, Jungkook stares at the blur of dark colors. There's nothing but trees, mountains, and more trees for the past three hours. He looks up to the sky and then to the road ahead. It’s getting dark and foggy by the minute and he was hoping they’ll make in time before it gets too dark to see the highway. Images start to form and his mood darkens further.

A faint sound brings him back to the present. Jungkook turns to look at the back seat. His mom had fallen asleep and the phone is now on the floor. Only a moment before the screen goes black he sees it. He can only feel more guilt for why they are where they are now. Some things are better left behind and permanently.

 

(One hour later)

Standing in the driveway Jungkook looks up to the two story Victorian home. The patio lights are on welcoming them, but not a certain person. It seems the realtor couldn’t wait for them any longer.

“Hey, I found the keys to where he said it was left. Not a smart place to hide them though,” Mr Jeon said while moving the doormat back in place.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and looks arou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter