Final

Save Me, Please

Minho walks down the quiet small route on his left side shows the calmness of the river where he got back from the convenience store to purchase his dinner for tonight. The brunette stops for a while, breathing the air of calmness. “A little bit more and I’m done with it,” He whispers to himself, blinking his eyes open until his eyes land on a silhouette about a meter away from where he is standing. He squints his eyes, then his eyes widening when he finally sees what is happening in front of him.

“What the actual ? Hey!” Minho sprints towards the silhouette, quickly grabbing the back of the silhouette’s t-shirt causing both of them to land on the floor with a hard ‘thump’.

“, that hurt like a ,”

Minho groans, looking down at the person that is currently safe in his arms. He frowns when he feels something wetting on his right side, he tilts his head to his right side and groans again since his dinner just got ruined by the impact of saving the person just now. “Man, so much of having dinner tonight,” He sighs but quickly shrugs off his shoulder as he focuses back on the person who currently has his eyes close.

“Hey, wake up,”

The brunette whispers enough for the person to hear while gently petting those pale cheeks of the person. Minho pouts, eyes full of worries but he waits for a while since he can feel the soft breath coming out from the person. After waiting about 15 minutes, the person slowly blinks his eyes and Minho quickly grabs the person’s cheeks feeling relief as he can feel the warmth from the cheeks.

“Hey, are you okay?” He asks eyes on the person’s blurry gaze with his hands still on the person’s cheeks.

“Am I dead?”

Minho’s eyes widen in shock, looking at the person in disbelief. “What the ? No, you’re not! Did you just wanted to kill yourself?!” He panics, remembering back that the person was on the guarded rails seconds away ready to jump off into the river. “, you did want to kill yourself!” Minho looks at the person, feeling so sorry because he knows that is not a way to do it because the person in front of him looks young and healthy.

“I’m not dead then,” The person sighs, peeling Minho’s hands off his cheeks as he sits straight making him and Minho face each other. “You should’ve just let me jump off the guarded rails,” The person says pitifully, sad eyes looking straight at Minho’s worried eyes.

“I may not know who you are but I’m not going to let that happen,” Minho scolds the person who just let out a weak laugh. “I don’t have a reason to live anymore,” The person said sadly, eyes close to tears. “No, that’s not the way you should end your life, okay? You’re still young and healthy if you ever need to let out your problems I’m here, I want to listen to your problems,” Minho smiles softly, taking of the person’s hands into his making the person looks up to him again with his teary red eyes.

“You will?”

“Yes,” Minho smiles, nodding his head. “Okay,” The person whispers, letting out a small smile making Minho feels relief. “First off, how about we get to know each other?” The brunette suggests, his thumbs running along the knuckles of the person gently. The person nods his head, letting out a shaky breath.

“I will start first. Hello, my name is Lee Minho. I’m twenty-three years old, an arts major student at Kyunghee University and I have three sons,” Minho giggles when the person’s eyes widen at the mention of his sons. “You’re married?” The person asks, eyes still wide. Minho let out an adorable laugh making the person quietly laugh along. “No silly, my sons are as in cute adorable kitties instead of human beings,”

Minho can feel the person’s body relax again and he can’t help but giggle again. “Okay, your turn,”

“Um, hello, my name is Bang Chan. I’m twenty-four years old, I just got into the working industry and that’s it, I guess?”

Minho smiles softly, nodding his head. “There you go, it’s okay to take it slow,”

Chan nods his head shyly, looking down at now their intertwined hands. “I feel little bit relax,” Chan said it softly enough for Minho to hear him. Both of them sat on the floor in comfortable silence for a while until Minho decides it’s time to head home. “It’s about eight o’clock. I think it’s time for us to head back home. I’m sure you need to lay down, it’s been a long day for you,” Minho explains and Chan unconsciously pouts his lips at the thought of letting go of the younger.

“I guess,” Chan said it sadly, pulling up the younger with him until Minho let out a yelp in pain. Chan’s eyes widen, lifting the left arm of the younger until he saw blood flowing down the younger’s arm. “,” He mutters, looking up at Minho who follows his gaze on his arm.

“Now that I can feel it. All I can say is it hurt like a ,” Minho chuckles, taking his arm close to his face to inspect the bloody wound. “I’m so sorry, let me get you to the hospital,” Chan starts to panic, hands coming to hold onto Minho’s arm earning another yelp in pain from the younger. “No, no, it’s okay. I have a first aid kit back at my apartment and it’s just a scratch,” Minho ensures the older but Chan does not look convinced. “Please, let me help you. You did get the wound from me,”

Minho frowns but then remember the situation earlier since he pulled the older with his right hand making him them fall on his left side that’s explain the bloody wound on his arm. “Ah, it’s okay, really, this is nothing, Chan,”

“Please, Minho?” Chan puts on his best puppy eyes and Minho curses under his breath since those puppy eyes will be a death of him. “Alright, but can we just buy something at the pharmacy since this is just a scratch,” Minho scrunches his nose, holding his wounded arm with his free hand. Chan nods his head, smiling as the younger agree to get help. “Okay, let’s go,” As Minho was going to turn towards the parking lot, his left shoe accidentally kicks his forgotten dinner.

“Oh?” Both Minho and Chan look down and the younger sighs. “Is that yours?” Chan asks and Minho nods his head. “Yeah, my dinner for tonight but seems like it’s going to the trash can,” Minho picks up with his unwound hand and throws it to where it belongs, Chan, on the other hand, can’t help feel another wave of guilt since it was his fault. Minho senses something gloomy behind him making him turns his head and let out a small smile.

“Chan, it’s not your fault, okay?”

Chan’s bottom lips wobble, a single tear rolls down his cheek enough to make Minho cups his right cheek yet again for the night. “B-But I r-ruined your dinner,” Chan chokes out a sob and Minho shook his head. “Hey, hey, look at me,”

Chan locks his eyes with Minho as he waits for the younger to continue his words. “I can always buy another one, okay? But your life is more important because you and I know we only live once. So, stop blaming yourself, okay?” The younger caresses the older’s cheek gently enough for him to earn another wave of tears. Minho sighs, without a doubt he pulls the older into a tight hug ignoring the pain in his left arm. Chan immediately wraps his arms around the younger’s waist, face buried on the crook of the younger’s neck, staining his tears while the younger calms him with sweet gently words. “I’m sorry,” The older whispers, face still buried on the younger’s neck.

“It’s okay, no need to apologise. Let’s go before the pharmacy close down,” Minho pulls away from the hug, wiping away those tears away. Chan nods, calming himself down.

“Did you come here with a car?” Chan asks after a few seconds of calming himself down. “No, I took the bus,” Minho points out at the nearest bus stand at the park. “Come with me then, I have a car.” Chan leads them towards his car and Minho follows the older.

 

Once both of them arrived at the pharmacy, Chan immediately walks towards the counter making the person behind the counter greets him happily. “Hey, Chan! What’s bring you here?”

“Hey, Jihyo. Can you help me clean up my friend’s wound?” Chan asks, pushing Minho gently towards the said person behind the counter. Jihyo raises her brow, walking around the counter until she is standing in front of Minho. “May I?” She asks, the younger and Minho nods his head and Jihyo gently grabs his arm and inspect it. “It doesn’t look deep but it will get affected if you don’t clean it up. Excuse me, while I get the medicine,” Jihyo explains, walking back behind the counter as she scans the needed medicine for Minho’s arm. While waiting for Jihyo for his medicine, Chan pulls the younger to seat at a chair nearby and Minho smiles softly.

“Thank you,” The younger whispers earning a light blush from the older. While they wait for Minho wound to be treated, the younger can’t help to glance at the older who is focus on the explanation Jihyo is giving on how to treat the wound and so on. Chan who feels someone was watching him, he turns his gaze towards the younger who immediately looks away, eyes roaming around the pharmacy. Chan chuckles, nodding his head when he heard Jihyo calling his name asking does he understand the method.

“Okay, that should be all. Nothing serious about it,” Jihyo smiles, putting away the supplies. Minho looks down at his covered arm and sighs in relief. “Thank you, Jihyo-sshi. How much is it?” The younger asks and Jihyo just waves her hand. “No need to pay anything, it’s just a small thing,” Jihyo smiles again and Minho can’t help but frown cutely.

“Are you sure?” The younger asks again and Jihyo nods her head. “Yes, don’t worry about it,”

Minho smiles, thanking Jihyo again as he and Chan make their way out of the pharmacy since it’s going to close soon. “Thank you for today. I owe you my life,” Chan broke the silence, glancing at Minho who let out a shy smile.

“You don’t owe me anything, Chan. I’m just glad I managed to stop you from sending to heaven earlier than expected,” Minho jokes lightly, earning a soft chuckle from the older. “Jokes aside though, if you need a friend to talk with, I will be there, okay?” The younger said it firmly, looking at the older who nods his head. “Let’s exchange numbers?” Chan starts off, earning a teasing grin from Minho. “I-It’s for y-you know,” Chan’s cheeks heat up making Minho laugh at how adorable the older can be.

“Of course, Chan. Give me your phone,”

Chan unlocks his phone, handing it over to the younger and Minho immediately types in his number and call his own number so, he can receive the older one’s number. A soft ringtone surrounds the atmosphere until Minho decides to end the call and save the number with a speed of lighting. “There we go. Don’t hesitate to call me, yeah?” Minho hands over back the older’s phone and Chan can’t help to blush since he has Minho’s number in his contacts. “Thank you again, Minho,” Chan breathes in relief, smiling up at the younger.

“No problem, it’s the least I can do,”

Chan nods his head, scratching the back of his head. “D-Do you maybe want to have late-night dinner? Since, I kind of ruin yours earlier,”

Minho is the one to blush when he finally processes what Chan had asked him. “As in a date?” He teases but deep down he knows he is screaming like a girl who got asked by her crush. Chan swallows nervously, blushing deep red. “Whatever you want it to call,” He smiles, nibbling his bottom lips nervously.

“Sure, I’m actually really hungry,” Minho giggles, following the older towards the car once he agrees with Chan’s suggestion. “Do you have something in mind?” Chan asks as both of them settle down inside the older’s car. Minho hums, thinking something for a while. “I’ve been wanting to eat McDonald’s,”

“McDonald’s?” Chan turns to look at Minho who nods his head cutely. “Yeah, I only eat fast food once a month since you know? Broke students,” The younger let out an embarrassing sound, looking down at his fidgeting fingers. Chan smiles softly, taking the younger’s left hand into his making the younger look up at him. “McDonald’s it is then,” The older smiles, gently caresses the younger’s hand. Minho blushes, tearing his gaze from the older’s face.

“Let’s go.”

 

“What do you have in mind?”

Chan asks when they have arrived at the restaurant. Both standing in front of the touch screen machine where you can order your meals. Minho pouts cutely, eyes scanning the menu. “Double grill chicken burger medium set, please,” The younger says it cutely, blushing when the older looks at him amused. “Food makes you cuter, huh?” Chan teases, pressing the order for him and Minho. Minho smacks Chan’s shoulder softly earning more laughter from Chan. Once, Chan settles on payment which is much to Minho’s dismay because he won the rock-paper-scissors game since he wants to pay but Chan insists it’s his treat for saving him today even though the older purposely lose the game.

“But, Chan,”

“No, Minho. My treat, okay?”

Minho stops whining, pout still visible as both of them settle themselves across each other. “Next time, I will pay for it,” The younger says firmly. “Next time?” Chan raises his left brow, smiling cheekily. Minho blushes, realizing what he had said. “I m-mean,” But his words got cut off when a familiar ringtone echoes the restaurant. Minho frowns, taking out his phone and swipes the green button without a doubt and put it on speaker.

Yo, man,

Minho rolls his eyes playfully but he still answers the person calling him. Chan on the other hand, looks confused but he sits still not wanting to interrupt the call because that will be rude. “Yes, Han Jisung. What do you want?”

Where ya at, hyung? Felix bought Domino’s for late-night snacking and don’t lie to me telling you have eaten ‘cause it’s the middle of the month and its broke season!

Minho groans, looking up at Chan who chuckles softly at Jisung’s outburst. “Broke season?” Chan mouth it out towards Minho who nods his head. “I’m at McDonald’s—”

Wait! McDonald’s?! Did I up the calendar again?

“No, Jisung. It is in the middle of the month,”

But you’re at McDonald’s! Oh my god! Hyung, are you asking for leftovers again?!

Minho’s cheeks heat up in embarrassment, wide eyes looking up at Chan who looks at his eyes also wide. “The , Jisung! I swear that was only one—”

, you did that three times—

“I swear to God, if you don’t stop talking, I will tell HyunJin why did you left him at the haunted house last Halloween and don’t make me start on it, Felix! I hear you in the background and don’t make me tell Changbin what you did—”

Don’t you dare tell Binie anything, hyung!

, no, HyunJin is going to kill me but seriously, hyung! What are you doing there?

Minho sighs deeply, counting to five before he answers his friend’s question. “I’m on a date,”

There was a moment of silence until Minho looks down at his phone, checking if Jisung had hung up but the younger is still on the line. Minho frowns, glancing at Chan who came back with their meals. Chan was going to ask if he is okay until a loud screech bombed the restaurant earning glares from the other late-night customers and poor Chan, he almost has a heart attack and he was so glad he already place down their meals on the table or it will yet again be thrown in the trash can.

Hyung! Oh my ing god! Yah, Felix! Did you ing heard what Minho hyung said?!

“Jisung, stop yelling! People are glaring at me because of you!” Minho hisses, bowing his head when he receives another round of glares. But the glares tone down when Chan looks back at them.

No! Like did you finally found someone that you’re gonna spend time with until eternity?!

Minho blushes madly at the words, feeling like digging a hole since he does develop a tiny crush on Chan. Chan coughs nervously, silently digging in his meal with his light pink cheeks on display. Minho groans, finally decide to end the call. “What? Jisung, are you there? I can’t hear you—”

Hey! No lying—

“See you at home, bye!”

Minho groans, leaning back on his seat with his face facing up the ceiling. “Han ing Jisung, I swear to God,” He mumbles, rubbing his heated cheeks trying to get rid of the colour. “That was an interesting conversation,” Chan breaks the awkward silence. “Sorry about that, I always put on speaker when he calls because well, you heard how loud he can be,” The younger groans again, finally landing his eyes on the older. “But there is one thing that caught my attention though,” Chan starts off and Minho swears his cheeks are heating up again.

“Which is?”

“The leftovers. Did you ask McDonald’s for it?”

“Oh,” Minho his bottom lips, embarrassed at the memory he has. “Yeah, I’m actually broke broke, you get what I mean?”

Chan frowns but nods his head. “Yes, I get it but why?”

“Well, my family is not that rich. My dad divorced my mom when I was thirteen and was left with no money so, me being the male of the family I decided to work part-time at any place that let me in even though I was thirteen. We had one meal a day throughout those ten years until today. I do give my money to my mom even though she refused but I insist because a son should always take care of their mother. So, yeah, I cut my meal expenses most of the money goes to my tuition fees and with a little help from the scholarship I earned to top up my food expenses,”

“Minho,” Chan whispers, feeling so sorry for the younger. Minho just waves it off, sighing deeply as he gazes down at his meal. “But I stop asking leftovers ever since I befriend Jisung he always makes sure I eat same goes with Felix. Those two youngsters have been making sure I eat real food,” Minho smiles bitterly, separating the bread and the chicken meat of his burger. Chan looks down at what he was doing and Minho quickly answers before he can ask. “Always save the best for last,” The younger chuckles, grabbing a bite of the bread first.

“I never know there’s someone who has been through tough times like you,” Chan says it sadly, eyes almost close to tears.

“Aw, Chan. It’s not your fault everyone’s life is a different story. Yeah, mine but it made me to where I am now. I may not have a lot of money but I do have great friends, the best mom in the whole wide world and good grades. What more do I want to ask for—”

“A lover maybe?”

Minho chokes on his bread, coughing hard making Chan panic as he quickly runs towards the younger holding up the cup of soda drink for the younger to drink. “Oh my god, Chan. Warn a man, will you?” The younger coughs, running his hand up and down his chest to calm himself down. “Sorry, it just slips out,” Chan blushes, rubbing the back of Minho’s back until he feels the younger relax.

Minho coughs again, letting out a small smile as the older finally sits back at his seat across from him. Chan lifts his head, smiling shyly when he feels the younger’s gaze on him. “Do you want to?”

“Hmm?” Minho tilts his head, a cute frown form on his forehead. Chan swallows nervously, exhaling a deep breath. “Lee Minho, I like you. Do you want to be the person that is willing to spend time with me until eternity?”

“Oh my god,” Minho squeals, face turn red as a tomato. Chan laughs nervously, patiently wanting Minho to answer his proposal. “Yes, but you owe me another date, Bang Chan.” The younger blushes and Chan almost almost screech like how Jisung did earlier.

 

“I had a great night, Chan,”

Minho smiles, looking down at the sidewalk of his apartment. Chan smiles shyly, slowly pushing himself off his car and takes both of Minho’s hands into his. His thumbs automatically caress the younger’s soft knuckles. “I’m glad you save me back then, I’m glad you decided to help me out and I’m glad you’re mine. I don’t know what will happen to me if you didn’t walk down the small route,” Chan let out a shaky breath, eyes again close to tears and Minho immediately pulls the older into an embrace.

“Fate decided to play a game and I guess they won, huh?” Minho jokes lightly, pulling away with both of his hands cupping both of Chan’s cheeks. Thumbs coming to gently over those cheekbones of the older. “And I like you too, Bang Chan,” Minho closes the gap between them, soft lips landing on the older’s kissable lips. Chan wraps his arms around the younger’s waist, tilting his head aside to deepen the kiss, he shudders when the younger let out a soft moan. Both of them pulls away, looking at each other’s eyes, laughing softly at each other’s daze faces.

“Thank you again, Minho—”

“Seungmin, did you get it?!”

“Jisung, shut the up!”

“Well, I think they heard us,” Felix waves sheepishly at the newly formed couple who had their head turn towards them. “I think you’re going to be dead meat, Jisung hyung,” Jeongin says while munching on the cookies he bought down together to see the live drama of their beloved eldest hyung. Jisung gulps, wide eyes lock with Minho’s piercing glare.

“I’m going to ing kill you, Han Jisung!” Minho growls, but arms still wrapped around his lover enough to make the four youngsters quickly ran up towards their apartment. Chan laughs happily, tighten his hold around Minho’s waist. “Do I need to ask Jihyo for painkillers?” Chan asks jokingly, earning a soft laugh from the younger. “I need more than that,” Minho winks making Chan blush for the ninth time of the night.

“You’re going to be the death of me, Lee Minho,”

“But I will save you from that, Bang Chan.”