Fin.

She Cannot Believe

"I can't believe you're getting married already. "

 

The woman gave a hearty chuckle before playfully slapping the younger's shoulder. "Shut up Dahyun. "

 

"I mean, you told me before how you never see yourself having and--

 

"God just shut up already, fartface. " Sana retorted, putting the palm of her left hand to cover the younger's mouth.

 

Dahyun looked at her mischievously, smirking below the other's hand. 

 

The next thing Sana knew, her hand was being at disgustingly that she had to remove it immediately. She shrieked so loud that the pale woman felt her eardrums were about to burst.

 

"You are such a disgusting pig. "

 

"Pig? Says the one who always ate my chocopies--

 

"That's a different case. Why are you bringing up--

 

"Piggy Sattang! Piggy Sattang! " Dahyun sang teasingly.

 

Sana rolled her eyes and scoffed, "Dahyunnie pabo, as usual. "

 

"Only a pabo when it comes to you. "

 

"Here goes the smooth dahyun again. " Sana laughs softly.

 

Dahyun smiled at the sight. Sana looked so beauti–no, ethereal in her white wedding dress as she was laughing, eyes turning crescent moons.

 

 

 

 

It was heavenly. All too perfect for Dahyun's sight....if it wasn't for the situation.

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you're wearing such a dress. " Dahyun started again.

 

The latter blinked her eyes as she pouted. "Now you're insulting my wedding dress? "

 

"No it's just, you've always told me you never liked backless ones. " Dahyun reasoned out, hands up in the air.

 

Sana gave a small smile. "You remember?"

 

The younger nodded. "How could I not when it's about you?"

 

Another chuckle and playful slap in the shoulder. "Tell me dahyunnie, what more can't you believe?"

 

 

"I can't believe you're getting married in a beach. "

 

"Uh-huh, true. Childhood days, eh?"

 

"Exactly, jagiI remember how much you hated the sea. You were clutching my shoulder tightly as we walk. You were so convinced that sharks would appear and eat you. " Dahyun laughs to which sana frowned.

 

"You looked cute though so it was alright. " She added before closing her eyes and going back to the memory lane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyunnie, I said I don't want to!"

"Sattang, sharks are seen in the deep parts of the sea. Having your body soaked underwater isn't that deep enough for sharks. Trust me!" Dahyun smiled widely.

"But D-Dahyunnie, what if they smell us? And if they eat me? Ugh I can't!!"

Dahyun laughed at her bestfriend. "You sound like a ten-year old, sattang!" she teased.

"Well I'm only eleven!! One year older. That's still reasonable to be scared of the sea and the scary sharks. "

The younger snorted. "And I'm ten, sattang-unnie. One year younger. But I am not afraid of sharks." she shouted proudly. "Brave dubu won't let any harm to you. Come! "

Calmed, the older girl seemed convinced as she clutched her hands tightly on the younger's shoulder. Slowly, they walk towards the sea, letting their body be underwater.

Dahyun looked at Sana and notices the big pout displayed on her face. It was so adorable that Dahyun had to pinch the older's cheek, which caused the latter to glare at her.

 

After a few minutes, Sana grew comfortable and the two started to battle each other in water splash.

 

 

 

 

 

"How was the beach? It's great don't you think?" The younger asked as they were walking back to their respective houses.

"No. " Sana answered quickly.

Dahyun frowned. "But you were smiling so wide. You sure had fun! "

"I did. But that doesn't mean I like it. " Sana responded. "The water is salty, the weather is hot, the people are noisy, the--

"Jeez, I get it. "

Sana grinned sheepishly. "I had fun because of you though. " She said. "But yes, I hate beaches. I will never like beaches, EVER. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you invited Principal Hwang. " Dahyun said, opening her eyes as she looked at Sana once more.

 

The latter did her best to prevent herself from rolling her eyes again. "It was you and him who had problems with each other. Not him and me, pabo. "

 

"Yes but because of him, I was deprived of seeing you. Old man really warned me not to go in your building. What a bummer. " Dahyun cursed.

 

"That's because you always do, dahyunnie. Even I am surprised whenever I see you every after break, waiting outside for me. " Sana laughs.

 

Now it was Dahyun's turn to pout. "Did you not like me visiting--

 

"No, of course I do. " Sana interrupted, nodding vigorously. "My clingy dubu. " she added cheekily.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sana-ya! Your girlfriend's outside! "

"What girlfriend?" Sana asked, unbothered. She was too busy answering her science homework so that she wouldn't answer anything when she finally get home.

"The hottie vampire! " Jihyo described.

Sana's eyes narrowed, "Hottie vampire?"

"That pale woman lawyer! The one--

"Hmm, Dahyunnie?" She asked, eyes quickly averting to Jihyo.

The latter nodded. Sana quickly put her notebooks in her bag, readying to leave.

As she was about to walk outside, she turned around and faced Jihyo. "Oh and Jihyo! " she called.

"Dahyun's not my girlfriend. She's just my bestfriend. "

Jihyo rolled her eyes, an unconvinced look from her face. "Whatever you say Sana. "

 

 

 

"Weren't you warned by Principal Hwang?" Sana asked before taking a spoonful of their shared pint of chocolate ice cream.

"Uh-huh. " Dahyun answered, untroubled.

"And yet you still continue waiting dahyunnie. " Sana smirks. "Clingy much?"

The other snorted. "For all I know, you are missing me so much. I was doing you a favour. "

"What? You are such an assuming --

Dahyun quickly put the spoonful of chocolate ice cream in , shutting her up. Sana glared as the pale woman beside her was laughing mercilessly.

"No but seriously, you might get in trouble, dahyunnie. "

"I don't care, " Dahyun shrugged. "I like waiting for you. "

"And if it cause you detention?"

"Then I'd happily go, knowing I made sure you didn't skip eating again. " The younger grinned widely.

Sana couldn't help but smile. "You look like a cat. "

"And you look like a fused shiba inu and squirrel. " Dahyun teased, tongue out.

"Shut up and just eat. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you weren't inlove with me. " Dahyun blurted out, looking afar.

"And there goes your favourite line. " Sana stated, as if she was waiting for the other to mumble those lines.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It all started when Dahyun got too invested watching rom-com movies.

Arrogance and Romance?

Definitely a not-so-good mixture.

"Sana,"

"What?"

"I think you're inlove with me. "

The older choked from her hot chocolate. "N-now, what are you even saying you pabo?"

"As a rom-com enthusiast, I see it. " Dahyun said proudly. "You are so inlove with me. "

"Dream on, dahyunnie. "

 

 

Ever since then, Dahyun would casually ask her the same question. Other times, she would state it in front of people.

How Sana is in love with her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You' are really inlove with me, no?" Dahyun asked as she took a sip of Sana's macchiato.

"I'm taking my drink ba--

Dahyun's eyes widened, raising a peace sign. "I'm kidding jagi!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyunnie we're gonna be late. " Sana said irritatedly as she walked over the counter.

It has been ten minutes and Dahyun's still talking with the cashier.

"Did I not told you to wait in the table?"

Sana crossed her arms over her chest. "And what? Wait for you to be done with your flirting?" She questioned, glancing at the blonde cashier in front.

The cashier felt nervous and swallowed.

Dahyun, on the other hand, started to burst out laughing.

Annoyed, Sana rolled her eyes. "What's so funny in that? I'm leaving. "

Sana turned her heel to leave but before she could continue, arms s on her waist backhugging her. Sana stood there, frozen in spot as she felt dahyun's face beside her.

 

"The only reason why I was taking too long was because I wanted to assure I'll buy the best chocolate for you. I was just asking the cashier's opinion. " Dahyun explained, trying her best not to continue laughing. She spun sana around and smiled playfully.

 

Sana glanced at the counter and saw different chocolates placed atop. Her gaze then landed on the cashier, who was now smiling teasingly, nodding to confirm what dahyun had said.

Her eyes widened, before bowing. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. "

"Please ma'am do not bow, it's alright. " The cashier responded, shaking her hands. "It was a cute sight, honestly. "

"Jagiya, you can now stop bowing. " Dahyun chuckled. "Apologies for that, Ms. Cashier. My girl is very inlove with me which explains the jealousy." Dahyun said to the cashier, which made her giggle.

Sana quickly stood straight and glared at dahyun. "You arro--

"I guess I'll just get this all. " Dahyun said, silencing Sana. That was a lot of different brands of chocolate in the counter. Sana thought it would be very expensive.

After the younger paid, which Sana still find unbelievable since that was lot of money spent, Dahyun held Sana's hand as they walked towards the door.

"Have a nice valentine's with your girlfriend! " The cashier shouted before they were about to leave.

Sana looked back, "We are just--

Dahyun put her palm over the latter's mouth. "Have a nice valentine's too!!" She replied, before pulling Sana outside.

 

"Why did you--

"Happy Valentine's, Sattang. " Dahyun said, a wide grin spread on her face, as she raised the plastic full of chocolates to the older.

Sana gulped, her cheeks reddening. "F-for me?"

"Weren't you listening on what I said a while ago? "

"I did. "

"Then why are you acting dumb?" Dahyun playfully asked.

"No. It's just...all of that??" The other asked in disbelief.

"Uh, yes?"

"Isn't that too–

Dahyun rolled her eyes. "You ask too many questions. Just accept this plastic or I'll kiss you. " She smirked.

Sana quickly accepted the plastic bag. "I'd rather not have the kiss, but thank you for these Dahyunnie. "

Sana enveloped Dahyun in a tight embrace. The latter was surprised. "Really Dahyun, thank you. You're such a sweet arrogant ."

"So..you still don't want my kiss?"

Sana slapped her arms playfully. "Let's go. We're gonna be late for our first period. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Sana watched Dahyun as she was being bombarded with women and men wanting to take pictures with her.

Dahyun managed to shoot a three-point shot at the last second, leading the team by one point. The reason why almost every student are gathered around her.

Of course, who wouldn't want to take a picture with the game's mvp.

"SANAAAAA!"

Sana's eyes widened when Dahyun shouted her name.

"SANAAAA!!" Dahyun shouted once more as she looked at the crowd gathered around her. No signs of Sana.

"Pabo I am here! " Sana shouted at the top.

Dahyun quickly saw her, waving her hand excitedly. Ignoring the crowd, Dahyun quickly goes toward the older.

"Did I do good?"

"Hate to boost your ego, but yes you did. " Sana responded.

"Let's take a pic. "

Sana glanced everywhere. "Dahyun, don't you think you should take pictures with your fans first?"

"They'd understand me. "

"What? No they--

"Everyone, I'll take pictures with you later! I gotta give this lady the first though since she is inlove with me! " Dahyun shouted to the crowd, which caused Sana's face to turn red.

The crowd went berserk, bunch of teases everywhere.

"SHE'S LYING! " Sana shouted back.

Dahyun quickly opened her camera phone and raised it. "Smile, jagi. "

"How can I when you kept on--

Dahyun captured the pic and there goes her, smiling widely, while Sana was pouting as she was arguing to Dahyun.

"Sana ducky duck. " The younger teased, laughing endlessly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I was actually waiting for you to say that, you arrogant assuming brat. " Sana broke the deafening silence.

 

"You were waiting?" Dahyun asked, brows furrowed.

 

Sana her lips before nodding timidly. "Well, " she took a deep breath and smiled sheepishly at dahyun. "This would be weird to say..."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But I was actually inlove with you. "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun blinked several times.

 

 

She felt her world stop, and the only thing she sees is Sana. Sana, the girl who's been by her side since she was seven years of age. Sana, her bestfriend whom she's madly in love with. Sana, the woman she wanted to be with for the rest of her life

 

......and yet this same woman is about to marry someone in a few minutes.

 

 

 

 

"Oh. " she could only mumble.

 

 

 

 

There it was again. The heavy feeling on her chest uprising, her lungs constricting. She felt like crying, but she did her best not to break.

 

No, not in front of Sana. No, not when she's about to get married. Get yourself together, Dahyun.

 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyunnie?" Sana called out, gently patting her arms.

 

"Yes, sorry? "

 

Sana frowned. "L-let's forget it if it makes you uncom--

 

"What? No. I was just..." Disappointed of us being cowards? Regretful that I didn't tell you sooner? "Was surprised, that's all. "

 

"Nothing's gonna change between us, right?"

 

Dahyun arched her brows before shaking her head too vigorously. "No, of course not. "

 

Sana sighed in relief. "Thank heavens. "

 

No, the heavens. Dahyun thought.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, trying her best not to sound exasperated. mad. disappointed.

 

"I just told you. "

 

"No, I mean...before. " A hint of bitterness left as she spoke the last word.

 

Before.

Before, where things were easier.

Before, where they were just two bestfriends who loves to bicker.

Before, where she's inlove with Sana, and Sana, apparently, loves her back too.

 

"And what? Risk our friendship? " Sana laughed, oblivious of how the other is faking her smile. "I don't want to lose you dahyunnie. I don't think I'll be able--

 

"You won't lose me. " Dahyun quickly interrupted. "You will never lose me. "

 

But you, I lost you.

 

"I know that.. " Sana pinched the younger's cheeks to which she grunted. "It's just, I don't want you uncomfortable around me. "

 

But I won't be, Sana.

Not when I adore your cuddles.

Not when I long to kiss your luscious lips.

Not when I'm deeply and madly inlove with you.

 

"Besides, It's not like you reciprocate the feelings. " She added.

 

Dahyun hated the way sana said it certainly. She never knew.

But does she blame Sana? No.

She knows she was just as coward as her.

Cowardice. Breaking the possibility of something to happen.

Thoughts started to flood in Dahyun's mind. What could've happened.

 

 

Could have. Such painful words.

 

 

What could've happened if she faced her feelings sooner before?

What could've happened if she confessed to sana in person back then?

What could've happened if sana did not forgot the wool jacket dahyun gave her before leaving?

What could've happened if only sana read the letter?

 

 

The letter, of course. Her confession later. It was kept folded in the wool jacket she gifted sana a day before the latter's flight to States.

 

 

 

Then again, how funny fate could be.

 

 

 

Sana forgot the jacket. Along with the letter where Dahyun's feelings lie open.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dearest Sana,

 

Wow this is actually pretty cringe ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but anyways, I wanted to tell you something I simply could not get off of my chest. I reckon I should let you know considering how long I've been trying to hide it.

Sattang, my feelings for you...they have become something more than what I should only be feeling. It is not a hidden fact that I love you, you know that very well, but I'm afraid the love I have for you appears to be more passionate.

I cannot pinpoint exactly when this stupid feelings started, but I've become slowly aware of the changes it did to me. Everyday it is your face I long to see, your laugh I long to hear, and your hands I long to touch. Jeez this is very corny oh my god ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but that is what it is. I am very whipped, that's right. Your cuddles and kisses, I've grown to love them (I know it's ridiculous considering how we both know I'm not fond of those and yet here I am... totally changed by the power of love or whatever and oh my god I'm going to perish once I finished writing this ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ).

To conclude it briefly, I am in love with you. Minatozaki Sana, I am actually deeply in love with you. And I am very sorry that I was not able to stop falling. , it's truly inevitable, I guess. You are too lovely, and everything you do just makes me like you more.

Sattang, I know that my feelings may not be returned, but please do not worry. Just forget this damned thing, I beg. If it is only friendship you could offer me then I am accepting it wholeheartedly. Please do not feel obligated to return these feelings. I just really wanted to express this side of me to you, because I feel like it is the right thing to do (also because I have to set my mind free).

 

And on the off chance that you like me too, I want you to know that I'm willing to wait. I will be waiting here for you, until you come home. Until you come back to me.

 

Minatozaki Sana, my bestfriend, my love, please always take care. I love you.

 

Yours truly,
Your Pabo Dahyunnie >_<

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sana, you are needed for the last preparations. "

 

The two turned their heads to look at the wedding organizer.

 

"Okay. " Sana answered. She shifted her gaze to Dahyun, to which the latter nodded.

 

"Go now, " Dahyun said, hand patting on sana's shoulder. "The oh-so-lovely bride's appearance is needed. " She jested.

 

Sana rolled her eyes and gave Dahyun a wide smile. "Tell me more of your i can't believes later. "

 

Dahyun nodded vigorously, offering a tight-lipped smile to Sana. "Right. "

 

With one last glance, Sana turned her heel to follow the wedding organizer.

 

 

 

Dahyun watches as Sana walked away from her.

 

 

 

 

Slowly, she took out the small velvet box kept inside her pocket. She opened it slowly and stared at the beautiful ring displayed inside.

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believe you're getting married...and not with me. "