The punishment

The Unwanted Marriage

 I was a bit disappointed by being caught, but can’t be prevented. I looked at him and pitied him, too bad he wasn’t able to take his revenge.

“Si Won? I can’t believe you’re part of it.” Ms. Kim said, she suddenly turned her attention to me.

“As expected, it’s you” She murmured.

“You two, follow me in my office” She said and walked ahead of us.

We followed her like a puppy to her office and upon our arrival, she started her novena.

“I’m absolutely disappointed with this.” She paused and looked at us.

“Can you just tell me honestly who started this?” she asked.

Siwon and I pointed each other.

“alright, I knew this would happen. You say it individually what really happened. Hae Mi?”

“That arrogant jerk called me , stupid and deaf. Ms. Kim, isn’t this verbal harassment? I could sue him right?!” I told her

“Of course! That’s so against the law of our country. Si Won?” she suddenly asked him

I almost thought she was on my side already. Urgh!

“That DUM-, that girl came in late and threatened the student guards so that they’ll open the gates for her. Ms. Kim, I’m just implementing school rules but that girl punched me!”

“Is that the reason why you were trying to slap her?” she asked.

Waah! He just got caught! Wohooh! I know it’s absolutely bad but what he was trying to do earlier was a lot worst! Haha

“It’s embarrassing to admit, but yes” he said.

“Alright, so uhm, let’s meet in the middle, shall we?” she then paused and looked at us

“Hae Mi, I know you’re already tired of doing punishments but I guess it has become your hobby. So, I’m giving you another one today.” She told me

“This time, your sins are assault, verbal harassment because of the threatening thing and breaking of school rules. So the punishment will be, cleaning of school library, from 5-9pm”

I wasn’t able to react cause I knew this would happen. Si Won suddenly laughed silently.

“same as you Si Won.” She said as she changed her attention to him.

He looked really surprise and was dumfounded.

“Why am I having a punishment? I did nothing wrong” he tried to defend himself.

“well, you committed verbal harassment and almost hit a lady. Universally, that’s a big No” he explained briefly.

“So, both of you can now go back to your classes and I’ll see you later.” She said, trying to chase us away.

“Does that mean I’m going to clean the library with him?” I asked.

“Exactly!” she exclaimed

“Ms. Kim, you saw what happened earlier. I can’t work with him!” I told her

“Me neither.” Si won added

“it’s not just a mere punishment. It’s also a chance for you two to be friends.” She explained

“Friends? I can never be friends with him!”

“Me too! Ms. Kim, you can’t do this to me.” Si won suddenly said. Good thing both of us don’t want to be friends with each other.

“Yah! I’m the disciplinarian here, I know what to do. Guys, don’t be closed minded. Just say those words after you do your job. Alright? 5 pm sharp. Don’t be late or else additional punishment will be waving at you.” she uttered.

I immediately walked out of the room because of anger. I know very well that there’s nothing I can do.

I hurriedly went back to my classroom in a very bad mood.

“Hae Mi? What’s wrong?” My friend Soo Young asked.

“Nothing.” I answered coldly

“Yah! I heard you punched my cousin?” she asked again

“uhuh” I nodded

“Where? In the stomach? Did you feel his abs? OMG” she said excitedly. Soo young had a huge crush on her own cousin. She’s kinda weirdo, I actually don’t why. I mean, there’s absolutely no sign of charm in him and besides, he’s her first degree cousin. Family of freaks, no offense, I really love Soo Young but I find her freaky.

“Soo Young, if you’re just gonna ask me a stupid question about your jerk cousin, better keep it to yourself. Anything related to him is breaking my head. I had enough of him today. Alright?” I yelled at her

“Aish. Why are you so hot headed? I was just asking” she murmured and went back to her seat

Just like a wild fire, rumors started to spread out in our school. They talked about what happened earlier. I should be glad that I’m gaining popularity but the fact is, it reminded me of my punishment with my one and only mortal enemy.

Every time I hear someone talking about Si Won and me, I would intentionally stare angrily on her or him.

“Can you just tell me honestly what is wrong with you?” Soo Young asked me again

“You seemed so out of yourself Hae Mi” my other friend, Amber added.

“I just had a punishment later at 5” I said.

“So? It’s not like you haven’t been punished before” Soo Young said

“The problem is, I’m with that jerk cousin of yours for the whole duration”

Soo Young got really surprised and suggested

“I can do the punishment for you!” She said gladly

“If only that’s possible”

I don’t know why but at times like this, TIME flies really fast and with just a blink of an eye, it’s already 5pm. The moment that I never want to come just came. Urgh!