fin.

Linked Souls [2Kim]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 1, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

“Visiting her again this year, aren’t you? Just like the old times?” A lady wearing a white satin dress embroidered with gold Aster flowers walked over the side of another lady wearing a pallid Venus de milo cut attire, though hers was made of chiffon fabric, making it flow more freely, embellished with little silver daisies on its bust portion. 

 

 

 

 

That lady was sitting on a squat position on the ground near a small pond, her arms hugging her knees, the hem of her dress was touching the water a bit. 

 

 

 

 

“I could only do this every year. Might as well take advantage of the fact that we’re all given a free pass during this day.” That lady looked back and smile, but it’s the kind of smile that doesn’t reach the eyes.

 

 

 

 

Seeing the sad smile that the other was showing, she then continued, “Aren’t you getting tired of this set up? You know full well that what you’re doing will never change anything, right? It will never bring the two of you back together so why bother anticipate this day if you knew you’ll just be hurting yourself in the process? And if you’re hurting that much, isn’t it more convenient to remove your memories of her? We could ask Cupid for that; he owes me one for helping him retrieve some of his special arrows. What do you think?”

 

 

 

 

 

“I… that would be the last thing I’ll ever do. Living in pain is bearable. But…

 

 

 

 

Living without being able to at least reminisce the time we had together… that’s… I… I wouldn’t be able to do that.” She touched the water, drawing circles in it.

 

 

 

 

 

“Chae, I know it’s been years and I had already told you this many times before, but I’m sorry. I really am. And to be honest, I actually… quite agree that bringing you here in Olympus, at the helm of Necessity, was the best decision. You’re the only one from Lachesis’s line who could handle such responsibility. With the death of your mother Eunbi, we were left with no other choice. And on behalf of Atropos’ daughter, Wonyoung, I really am sorry.

 

 

 

 

I’m sorry if I didn’t stop her from her from threatening you into cutting Minju’s thread of life. Please do understand that just like me, she was just anxious about all… that had happened.” Yena, Clotho’s descendant, the lady beside her, had copied her squatting position ask as she played with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter