Bubble

BUBBLE

Bora hugged her girlfriend tighter. Wind was blowing her hair under the helmet. Sunset was lighting their bodies. Siyeon drove her motorcycle on empty road near to the sea.

 

Beach, motorcycle and home were their places.

 

They are in love for six years already. Bora still remembers how they first met.

 

 

 

“I’m so done with university, can’t i go back home?” Bora said on her phone call. she was in the restroom watching own reflection in the mirror. “Oh come on Yoohyeon, escaping from lectures one time won’t kill me.”

 

When Bora turned around she saw black-haired girl standing next to the entrance door. With arm crossed sent her mischievous smile. 

Lee Siyeon, famous school’s bad girl. She heard a lot of rumours about her. Her grades were tragic, but somehow she still passed two years in this university. She broke a lot of rules, but she always covered it up with money.

 

“Fine, bye Yoo.” Bora disconnected her call. Her friend was telling her to go to the lectures. They both were one of top students. Bora was just smart, she never cared about grades. It was it was going to be.

 

Something like a fate. 

 

“Wanna leave lectures?” Siyeon asked her with raised eyebrows. “Damn, i thought that top students don’t know how to be cool.”

 

Bora laughed at that. It was her first ever conversation with uni’s troublemaker. 

 

“Surprise, I guess.” Bora walked closer and pushed the door to leave the restrooms. “Shouldn’t you finally start to study?”

 

Siyeon shook her head and followed Bora, she was walking next to her side. “Come with me.” And the smile she sent to Bora convinced her.

 

Both girls left university and walked to the parking lot. Siyeon walked closer to her motorcycle and gave Bora one of two helmets.

 

“What’s the sense of tagging along two helmets instead of one?” Bora asked and put it on.

 

Siyeon sat on her bike and the engine. “You never know when pretty girl goes on ride with you.” She turned around and smiled again.

 

To be honest, Bora didn’t care about Siyeon’s reputation. People talked about her a lot, too much. She heard couple times that she’s girl, but Bora never saw Siyeon with anyone else than with Minji - known as Siyeon’s best friend.

 

She sat behind her and put her arms around black-haired’s body. They went for a ride to get some milkshakes.

 

 

 

Short after their first ride they become friends. Bora smiled on that thought. Maybe she looked intimidating, she acted like that in past too. But all she had was a soft and caring inside.

 

Siyeon became her world. If not her she wouldn’t be who she is today.

 

That’s funny, how other person can help you realise what you really love. How life is supposed to look like. 

 

 

 

“I can’t believe that you’re that big troublemaker.” Bora laughed and looked deeply into Siyeon’s eyes. They were leaving lectures again. Siyeon was kicked out by professor and Bora couldn’t let her friend go alone, she walked right behind her. 

 

Since that day professors are aware that they are close friends. They started to be easier for Siyeon because she was friends with top student. Also they became more strict on Bora, being friends with uni’s worst student can’t drag her down.

 

“Yeah” Siyeon took Bora’s hand and walked with her to her motorcycle again. “Your troublemaker.”

 

Bora pushed her with laugh. “You’re my troublemaker and who am I to you?” 

 

Helmet rested in Bora’s hands. She noticed small bag on the motorcycle with some stuff. What did other girl plan?

 

“Bubble maker.” She answered and pinched Bora’s nose. “You always tell me that you want to learn how to surf, so we’re going on the beach.”

 

“Why bubble?” 

 

The sound of engine filled their ears.

 

“Because you make me feel bubbles in my stomach.”

 

 

 

Bubbles in the stomach. Siyeon always said that instead of feeling butterflies.

 

Lights flashing on the road were like her memories filled with Siyeon.

 

Bora was planning to ask Siyeon to marry her. Six years together is a long time, they lived together and worked together. Siyeon took the company after her father and made Bora co-owner. Her reason to do that was the fact that she needed a lot of help with managing the company.

 

On red lights when Siyeon stopped the motorcycle Bora saw moon lighting on other side of the sky. With corner of her eye she still saw waves on the sea.

 

 

 

On every free day they showed up on the beach. Bora took her surfing board and surfed for hours while Siyeon sat on the sand with book to read. 

 

Every time when Bora felt waves under her board and swam with a wind, she was feeling more free than ever. Siyeon gave it to her, happiness.

 

Earlier that day one of Siyeon ex girlfriends approached Bora. Their short conversation replayed in her head.

 

“Siyeon will drag you down with her.” Blonde girl said nicely, she was just trying to warn Bora. “She’s too broken to be with anyone.”

 

Bora hissed at other girl. She will not let anyone talk things like this about her girlfriend. “Better stop talking.”

 

“I’m just saying...” she stopped her and made Bora look at her. “You will sink because of her.”

 

Now Bora waited for another big wave to come. She had a short while to admire her girlfriend from far. Her black hair were waving in the wind. Her beautiful focused face on book she was reading. 

 

“Lee Siyeon, you’re lucky that I’m such a good surfer.” She whispered to herself, Siyeon was too far away to hear her. 

 

 

 

Sometimes it wasn’t easy to be with Siyeon, she had own bad moments. But everyone had them. Even if something happened, Bora always had her back. 

 

She never left her. Siyeon was like the biggest wave. Could be dangerous, but it was up to Bora to decide if she wants to stay. It was her pick and she chose to be Siyeon’s life jacket.

 

When Siyeon’s dad passed away, she closed up herself. But Bora never gave up, she gave her as much support as she could. It made her girlfriend surprised, because she expected her to leave, like everyone else.

 

If Siyeon fall, Bora was there to help her get up. If something happened to Bora, Siyeon was there to catch her.

 

With deep breath she smelled Siyeon’s scent. Siyeon was her everything.

 

 

 

“You shouldn’t be with me.” Siyeon silently said. They weren’t fighting, Siyeon was just depressed because of her lost. “I’m not good person.”

 

“I don’t care, you are good to me, to our friends.” Bora calmly answered and hugged Siyeon tightly. “I can promise you, I will always be there for you. I’m not leaving.”

 

She heard sob. Siyeon was broken, she started to cry and hugged her girlfriend back. None of them wanted to live without each other. 

 

“Won’t you get bored?”

 

Bora chuckled. She would never. 

 

“I will show you something interesting, look.” She made Siyeon to face the sea in front of them. “You’re like a sea, you need something to help you calm down so waves won’t be too big.” 

 

Siyeon knew that sea was like a home for Bora. Her favourite place.

 

Surfer moved closer and whispered to taller’s ear. “I am your bubble maker, I’ll disappear like a bubble when the time has come.”

 

 

 

And Bora never left. As she promised, because it wasn’t the time yet. 

 

When Siyeon stopped the engine in front of their home Bora took small box out of her jacket’s pocket. She looked at curious Siyeon. 

 

“I know that it’s not romantic at all, but we both know that I’m not that type.” She said and opened the box. Shiny yet simple ring flashed. Siyeon opened surprised. “Hush, I’m talking right now.”

 

Siyeon slowly nodded and let her girlfriend speak.

 

“Lee Siyeon, we are together for six years. I’ve learned that I’m good surfer, nothing can scary me, not even your biggest waves. It was my choice to be with you, to stay with you and i don’t regret anything. You are the best thing happened in my life.” Bora took Siyeon’s hand. “When you were in dark place, i made you a promise. I will bubble up when the time comes. I want to grow old with you, be with you forever. The forever is that time, because i will never bubble up. I won’t disappear.”

 

“Yes.” Siyeon interrupted and lonely tear of joy traveled on her cheek.

 

“Will you marry me?” Bora ignored her word with huge smile and with thumb wiped tear.

 

“I said a ing yes, you stupid woman.” Siyeon chuckled before she started to cry for good. “I will marry you.”