Blood Drive

Sweet Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hitomi lead all of them out of Chaewon's bedroom and into the living room. All of them sat down, waiting for Hitomi's strategy session.


"So, what exactly is this plan Hiichan?" Minjoo asked Hitomi. She was still trying to take in everything that had just happen.


"And why do I feel like I'm not gonna like it?" Yuri asks worriedly.


Hitomi sighs before speaking. "Just hear me out, okay?"


"The way I see it, Chaewon unnie needs blood, and we all want to help her." There was silence after Hitomi stopped talking.


"In a much simpler terms, we give her our blood to feed." Hitomi added.


Once again, silence filled the room. No one dared to speak. Hitomi didn't even know if they were fine with her plan. Chaewon was the one who broke the silence.


"Hold up, I can't let you guys do that." She says, looking at her friends in worry. "I'm not going to drink your blood. You guys are my friends."


"That's why we'll do it. You are our friend. Without blood, you would be starving for days. We'll be more than glad to help you with it." Hitomi tells her.


Chaewon looks around at her friends. Her voice trembled when she started to speak.


"Y-You guys would really do that for me?"


"Sure. It's like a blood drive, right? It's for a good cause." Minjoo says, confidently walking up to Chaewon and patting her back.


"Yeah!" Yena suddenly says. "Friendship is the best cause I can think of."


"And it would only turn us into vampires if we do it on the night of the full moon so it's totally safe." Hitomi assures them.


"Besides, I don't need all this blood. I'm happy to share the wealth." Yena says, brushing her shoulders, pretending like she's a multimillionaire woman.


"I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about this whole thing. But I'm not going to let my friend starve to death when I know that I could've done something." Yuri says beside Yena.


Chaewon looked like she was about to cry. She sniffled for a while before pulling her friends into a big group hug.


"Thank you so, so much. You guys are the best." Chaewon says as she tightened her hug among her friends.


"You can count on us, unnie. You won't have to worry about blood ever again." Yujin tells Chaewon.


--


A few days later, all of them—excluding Chaewon—was scattered throughout the living room, feeling totally drained and exhausted.


"I... feel... so... tired..." Hitomi manages to say despite lacking energy to even speak at the moment.


"I think Chaewon... already took... half of my wealth..." Yena says, sliding down the couch until her body hits the floor.


"I feel like I'm gonna pass out." Minjoo says next.


Chaewon came walking out of her room. She had her makeup done and was all-dressed up She laughs when she sees all five of them sprawled on the floor.


"Come on, sleepyheads! It's friday night! Let's go out to the movies or something."


"You'll have to go with us. We're too weak and tired to move." Yuri, who was the nearest to Chaewon, says.


"Why? What's gotten into you guys?" Chaewon asked with an alarm expression.


"I think we bit more than we could chew when we said we could give you our blood." Hitomi says.


"Yeah, once was fine but twice in three days, I don't think Yena unnie's wealth will be able to cover it for us." Yujin adds.


Chaewon's expression suddenly turned into a sad one. "Why didn't you guys tell me how hard it was for you? I didn't mean to hurt any of you." She says in a small voice.


Hitomi stood up with all the remaining strength in her body. She went near Chaewon and held her hand as she it.


"It's not your fault. We just overestimated how much blood we had to share."


Suddenly, Yena sat straight up. "I know a solution!" She says with a loud voice. "It seems like we're going to need more volunteers. I mean, that's the only way we can keep a steady stream of blood available."


"That's, not actually a bad idea." Hitomi says. "We can ask the others for help. They're only staying at the other building, why don't we ask them?"


Everyone was starting to take Yena and Hitomi's plan, thinking if this plan could really work. Convincing others is the key, and they need all of the brain power that they had to make this possible.


"I got it. We go in pairs and maybe persuade the one we think are the easiest for us." Minjoo tells them, regaining her energy back slowly.


"It'll go like this, Yena unnie and Yuri can convince Hyewon unnie since they are in the same class. Tomi and Chaewon unnie can ask Nako and Kkura unnie. Yujin and I will ask Chaeyeon unnie and Wonyoung as Wonyoung already knows about Chaewon. Who did I forgot, oh right, Eunbi unn--"


Before Minjoo can finish, a voice stopped her. "Wait. I think it's better if we don't include Eunbi unnie in this." Chaewon was the one who stopped Minjoo from speaking further.


"You know how she gets overprotective of us. Also, I don't think she'll like me being a vampire. She even hates movies with vampires in it. What more if I am the vampire."


"You're right." Minjoo says. "Then I suggest we'll stick with the five. Plan clear?"


All of them nodded at Minjoo's question, preparing for tomorrow where they'll have a lot of persuading to do.


--


Chaewon and Hitomi were meeting Nako and Sakura in a small cafe near the university today. They later on reached the place and entered inside, the smell of coffee reaching their noses.


They spotted Sakura and Nako at the booth near the counter. Sakura waved as soon as she saw them.


"So, I got your message. What's this blood drive that you were saying about?" Sakura asked the two as soon as they've sat down. She had her hands clasped together and was looking at them sternly. Nako, on Sakura's side, was just drinking her coffee.


Hitomi squirmed in her seat under Sakura's gaze. She was getting nervous despite already having a plan on how to convince them. She cleared before speaking. "You see... there's this someone who we need to give blood to a-and we kinda--"


Hitomi wasn't able to finish what she was saying when Chaewon spoke up, "I'm a vampire and I need your blood. Will it be okay with you and Nako?"


Chaewon wasn't even nervous at all. She asked those words nonchalantly to both Sakura and Nako. Hitomi had her eyes widened as she looked at Chaewon. Chaewon looked back at her and shrugged her shoulders. "What? That's the easiest way to say it."


Already knowing that the damage has been already done, Hitomi slowly turned her gaze to the two in front of her. Nako had stop drinking her coffee and was staring at Chaewon with a surprise look. Sakura, however, had a smirk on her face.


"I knew it. You owe me ₩5,000." Sakura says as she pats Nako's leg.


Nako who seemed to snap out of her trance groaned before getting her wallet and giving Sakura her ₩5,000.


"Wait, wait." Hitomi says, a surprised look on her face. "You guys actually bet on this? You knew that Chaewon unnie was a vampire?"


"Hmm, not exactly. I suspected that at least one of you were. You know what happens when six of you are together and it didn't help that you wanted our blood. Nako, on the other hand, told me that you guys were doing it for charity, as if you guys would do that." Sakura chuckles after finishing.


Chaewon who was calmed and composed earlier was also surprised at what she had witness. "So, unnie. You wouldn't mind me drinking your blood?" She asked Sakura who was now using her phone.


"Eh, it's fine. We're friends, right? I wouldn't mind helping a friend out. Also, it sounds really cool so I'm in." Sakura says, looking up at Chaewon for a bit and smiling as she returned back in playing with her phone.


"Nako? Are you fine with this?" Chaewon asked the younger who now had her eyebrows knitted together. Nako lets out a sigh as she speaks.


"If you need my help, then I'll help. Besides, it's you that is a vampire, not Hiichan, so I guess it's much safer if you'll be the one drinking."


"Hey!" Hitomi says, annoyedly. Chaewon could only chuckle.


"Well, that's two down, three more to go."


--


After Chaewon and Hitomi successfully persuaded Sakura and Nako to give their blood, they went back to their dorms. They only had a day to persuade their friends for their blood drive as Chaewon might starve soon.


"Any luck?" Hitomi says as the five of them were all seated in the living room. Hitomi was the only one standing in the middle.


Minjoo stood up excitedly while raising her hand. "Chaeyeon unnie and Wonyoung agreed. Wonyoung managed to tell Chaeyeon unnie about what happened to her before when Chaewon drank her blood." Hitomi glanced at Yujin as Yujin mouthed a small 'sorry'.


"By then, it wasn't hard to convince Chaeyeon unnie. She was pleased to hear that she can be of help. Well, not after the scolding that she gave Yujin and I for not protectin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter